We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

September Dev Q&A Roundup!

Between follow-up questions after last week’s PvP Q&A, questions from the council we've been sending along, and post-random dungeon stream questions, we’ve got a few points we want to update you all on. Let’s get started!

PvP changes with the last update
Allm has tracked down some mystery damage changes that took place with the August update. From last week’s Discord PvP Q&A (thanks to Saitana for transcribing it here!):

Tepheroth: Ah! It seems with the addition of the low level accessibility (Level 15 Players and above) being added to the last patch, it altered the PvP stat scaling resulting in about 40% less damage than before. To quote a community tournament memeber "the change is quite clear at the shurikens. they dealt 10-12 dmg before, now they deal 6-8. somehow in that relation, everything scaled down".

As diehard PvPers noticed, damage was indeed changed, but damage adjustments weren’t present in the patch notes. They’ve tracked down the source of the changes, we’ve figured out where the gap in communication was, and we’re trying to ensure mystery changes like this don’t happen in the future.

Speaking of mystery changes…

The curious case of post-hotfix Arena damage/hp changes
Since the August update hotfix, many folks have mentioned that they feel Arena enemies have more defense or HP than they previously did. We brought this up with Allm, but they’ve ensured us that no values have been altered that would have affected Arena bosses. That said, they’re not done searching.

We need some more videos to help track down exactly what might be going on here. Are you a streamer? Do you capture your gameplay? PLEASE send along before and after videos of Arena bosses that you feel became stronger following that hotfix and help us determine what might be going on!

Speaking of Arena… (this is how I’m going to do all transitions from now on)

Players are trapped in Arena! Send help!
Players who participated in the previous iteration of Arena are used to floor progress resetting with each weekly – this isn’t how things work in the revamped Arena. UNFORTUNATELY, players are also not placing onto the leaderboards unless they clear at least one floor in a week. The first of these is intended, and we’ve confirmed the latter is a bug.

Here’s how it’s supposed to work: You play as far as you can into the Arena and eventually meet your match. Even if you can’t beat the boss you’re up against, challenging them once will place you onto the leaderboard appropriately. This way, you don’t have to clear 100+ floors a week and still get your weekly rewards.
Sorry for the delay while we’ve worked on tracking this down. Allm is targeting a fix for the September update! We’ll let you know when we have a solid date for that deployment.

Speaking of weekly rewards… (Alright, this is the last one transition like this. Promise)

Class leaderboards when?
Allm agrees that some classes are better suited for challenging the Arena and want to bring class-based leaderboards to that mode (as well as random dungeons!). They’ve been busy getting random dungeons ready to go, but want to bring Arena leaderboards with the v500 or v600 update (September is the v400 update). They’re looking at their schedules to determine what’s possible now! We’ll keep you up to speed on the dev roadmap.

I’m out of challenge letters…
Players want more ways to get challenge letters! Allm is looking to introduce more ways to obtain these items, targeting the September update.

Why can’t I just Shatter those Tables?
Many players have told us that they wish they could play through Shattered Tables with their friends, even after they’ve hit their weekly loot limit. Allm won’t be able to make any modifications to entry requirements with the September update, but they’re looking at possibilities for v500.

RANDOM DUNGEON ANSWERS (Fractured Memories is the real name now)
Players had tons of questions during Tuesday’s Fractured Memories (Random Dungeons) stream. We were playing on a fresh test build and didn’t know everything at the time, but we’re here with answers today! I’ll also be running through these answers on next week’s stream.

Q: Do pets pick up the blue goo (Monster Souls) that enemies drop?
A: Yes!

Q: Is there a cost to enter Fractured Memories?
A: There is – we were just on an infinite entry build. You must craft a key to enter. It does not consume RP though, and isn’t affected by depleted RP. I’m getting clarification on what’s required to craft a key now!

Q: Will players have a way to reset their ability points that are earned from the mode?
A: No, ability points can’t be rest, but it IS shared across all characters in your account.

Q: What rarity of items can players get from the token shop?
A: If you are below level 60, you can get any rarity items, up to and including regular Legendaries. If you are level 60 or above, you can obtain Starhenge items as well. I’m getting more clarification on WHICH Starhenge items now (Dimensional Siphon v OG Starhenge v Shattered Table, etc.)

Q: Are there ranking rewards, and are they awarded by class?
A: Yes! They will be awarded by class. The first place reward will go to first place in every class. Ranking is not only divded by class, but also groups of 2, 3, and 4. Prizes will be revealed in the v500 update because…

Q: How often do ranking rewards send out to players?
A: Rewards will be given every 12 weeks. Once this update is released, leaderboards will run on a 12-week cycle. We’ll reveal the rewards as we approach v500!

Q: Can you be ranked on two leaderboards at once? Say, the Warp Mage AND the 3-person group?
A: Yes!

Q: How many times can you update a certain stat via Ability Points?
A: 150 times on all stats except one (one is capped at 100)

Q: Is that 150 across all characters or 150 PER character?
A: Getting clarification on that now!

Okay! I think that’s everything. Feel free to ask questions and I’ll do my best to get clarifications. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

How many times can we enter Memories? is it like 5 times per day? or aslong as we can craft and get keys we can keep doing it?

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff mod

@WarFaceSystemX said:
    How many times can we enter Memories? is it like 5 times per day? or aslong as we can craft and get keys we can keep doing it?

As long as you can craft keys. Trying to get exact requirements now!

• @Smoreceror said:
    Q: Is there a cost to enter Fractured Memories?
    A: There is – we were just on an infinite entry build. You must craft a key to enter. It does not consume RP though, and isn’t affected by depleted RP. I’m getting clarification on what’s required to craft a key now!

Worried about what its going to take

Q: What rarity of items can players get from the token shop?
    A: If you are below level 60, you can get any rarity items, up to and including regular Legendaries. If you are level 60 or above, you can obtain Starhenge items as well. I’m getting more clarification on WHICH Starhenge items now (Dimensional Siphon v OG Starhenge v Shattered Table, etc.)

Promising

A: Rewards will be given every 12 weeks. Once this update is released, leaderboards will run on a 12-week cycle. We’ll reveal the rewards as we approach v500!

Uh... come again?

• SosaruSosaru Member

Excuse you mr @Smoreceror the real dungeon name is still "Knoxxer's Sock Drawer".

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

@Smoreceror said:

Ok guess thats the 1% chance to give 1 RP for clearing a danger zone.

So basically, with that stat maxed, you can run all dungeons that decrease RP by 1 per dzone an infinite amount of times with purple bar... NEAT!
    Bella will be farmable for twice as long...

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff mod

Uh... come again?

I'll try to get some info on what to expect prize-wise!

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

@Smoreceror Grateful for you working on finding out what the key requirements will be, as we would appreciate being able to maybe grind some if not all of those materials in anticipation for the release of Rando's Dungerios ;o

Also which stat is capped at 100? Pls not CDR ;o

• DAiNiROKDAiNiROK Member
    edited September 2017

Is there a list of what kind of stats we can upgrade using ability points? I am afraid to think of key required materials. I am hoping it will not be insane as charm crafting.

@DAiNiROK said:
    Is there a list of what kind of stats we can upgrade using ability points? I am afraid to think of key required materials. I am hoping it will not be insane as charm crafting.

You can watch the VoD of the stream to find out which stats can be improved with ability points :)

• DAiNiROKDAiNiROK Member
    edited September 2017

Here are stats for people who are curious. https://imgur.com/BjyvHOc

But what about upgrade success rate? What that supposed to mean that you gamble with ability points? By spending upgrade points there is a chance that you can also not get an upgrade?
    h+ttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/174315651 26:19 (delete plus sign because it embeds as offline video)

• so about ability points, this passives is going to work in any DZ, ARENA and PVP?

• LaikennusLaikennus Member
    edited September 2017

@Myrias said:

@Smoreceror said:

Ok guess thats the 1% chance to give 1 RP for clearing a danger zone.

So basically, with that stat maxed, you can run all dungeons that decrease RP by 1 per dzone an infinite amount of times with purple bar... NEAT!
    Bella will be farmable for twice as long...

remember that each point does not grant 1% increase. For instance, some stats increase 0.1% per point.

@Smoreceror is arena floor reset every 12 weeks too? or every month?

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

@Laikennus said:
    remember that each point does not grant 1% increase. For instance, some stats increase 0.1% per point.

RP utility one stacks with 1%, so ofc, 100 in there means 100%....

• You say you will still get your weekly rewards from the arena with this system, but what about the badges from clearing the floors? As you can't clear the floors that seems like a major reward to be missing out on.

• @Myrias said:

@Laikennus said:

RP utility one stacks with 1%, so ofc, 100 in there means 100%....

You are right. Didn't notice it.

this one must be the 100 point one like you said then. But I guess it only activates when clearing the whole dungeon, not when clearing each area (otherwise it would be way too OP)

• where can I reset the PVE arena? and where is the NPC at PVE arena for lower level playing?

• @Smoreceror said:
    Players who participated in the previous iteration of Arena are used to floor progress resetting with each weekly – this isn’t how things work in the revamped Arena. UNFORTUNATELY, players are also not placing onto the leaderboards unless they clear at least one floor in a week. The first of these is intended, and we’ve confirmed the latter is a bug.

Here’s how it’s supposed to work: You play as far as you can into the Arena and eventually meet your match. Even if you can’t beat the boss you’re up against, challenging them once will place you onto the leaderboard appropriately. This way, you don’t have to clear 100+ floors a week and still get your weekly rewards.
    Sorry for the delay while we’ve worked on tracking this down. Allm is targeting a fix for the September update! We’ll let you know when we have a solid date for that deployment.

Speaking of weekly rewards… (Alright, this is the last one transition like this. Promise)

So pretty much you're telling us that we get screwed for another month and no arena for us

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

@DAiNiROK said:
    Here are stats for people who are curious. https://imgur.com/BjyvHOc

But what about upgrade success rate? What that supposed to mean that you gamble with ability points? By spending upgrade points there is a chance that you can also not get an upgrade?
    h+ttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/174315651 26:19 (delete plus sign because it embeds as offline video)

I can already see myself going for the skill cooldown option and the increase dmg to backs haha!

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

@Nigirakisu said:

@Smoreceror said:

So pretty much you're telling us that we get screwed for another month and no arena for us

Seems like it. Sounds like Arena is going to turn into banging your head against 1 floor forever with pretty much no reward other than wings. Doesn't seem much fun. Between Arena problems, Boredom of Starhenge, and inability to do Shattered Table at my CR..I don't really see much of a reason to play anymore. Random Dungeons sounds fun, but "you can get any piece of gear in the game" sounds like a MASSIVE loot pool that you would have to get extremely lucky to get anything useful from. I used to at least have Eclair to look forward to, but the more I think about it, the less I even care. It's just another class that will be stuck in the same situation.

Just seems like one bad decision after another. I don't want to be a downer, maybe I am just over it.

So @Smoreceror did you ever find out what the key crafting materials were gonna be?

• @Aist said:

@Nigirakisu said:

@Smoreceror said:

Seems like it. Sounds like Arena is going to turn into banging your head against 1 floor forever with pretty much no reward other than wings. Doesn't seem much fun. Between Arena problems, Boredom of Starhenge, and inability to do Shattered Table at my CR..I don't really see much of a reason to play anymore. Random Dungeons sounds fun, but "you can get any piece of gear in the game" sounds like a MASSIVE loot pool that you would have to get extremely lucky to get anything useful from. I used to at least have Eclair to look forward to, but the more I think about it, the less I even care. It's just another class that will be stuck in the same situation.

Just seems like one bad decision after another. I don't want to be a downer, maybe I am just over it.

As a new player i was about to create a topic to ask what the point of the arena. Reading this topic seems like there's no point at all and that's bad. Arena have a really high pontial for fun end game, but even when people who are absurdly strong can't proceed why new and weak players will waste tons of money on it for just die every single day for a chance of a bad reward?

• LaikennusLaikennus Member
    edited September 2017

@Konishi said:
    As a new player i was about to create a topic to ask what the point of the arena. Reading this topic seems like there's no point at all and that's bad. Arena have a really high pontial for fun end game, but even when people who are absurdly strong can't proceed why new and weak players will waste tons of money on it for just die every single day for a chance of a bad reward?

You will get better rewards as you get stronger and is able to progress through floors. I find it interesting to try and see where I can reach every time I raise my CR considerably. If we could already easily reach last floor it would be just another farm, like previous arena that consisted of 15 floors (which was very boring)

@Laikennus said:

@Konishi said:

You will get better rewards as you get stronger and is able to progress through floors. I find it interesting to try and see where I can reach every time I raise my CR considerably. If we could already easily reach last floor it would be just another farm, like previous arena that consisted of 15 floors (which was very boring)

It was only 10 floors, and for ranking intents and purposes, it was all about getting to the boss immediately so you could one shot it, granted your CR d*ck was big enough. Was very boring yeah. The new iteration is much better, but can still be impoved - the difficulty level varies wildly from boss to boss, Nikita being the biggest problem, and being unable to rank once you reach your wall, is ridiculous..

• @Grievuuz said:
    It was only 10 floors, and for ranking intents and purposes, it was all about getting to the boss immediately so you could one shot it, granted your CR d*ck was big enough. Was very boring yeah. The new iteration is much better, but can still be impoved - the difficulty level varies wildly from boss to boss, Nikita being the biggest problem, and being unable to rank once you reach your wall, is ridiculous..

The problem with not being able to rank will be fixed with september update.

I know some bosses are harder than others but I don't see that as a problem. When CR improves enough they will be dealt with if they are a problem atm. If all enemies were easy It would be pure gear check to see if we had the dps to kill them in 2 min.

@Laikennus said:

@Grievuuz said:

The problem with not being able to rank will be fixed with september update.

I know some bosses are harder than others but I don't see that as a problem. When CR improves enough they will be dealt with if they are a problem atm. If all enemies were easy It would be pure gear check to see if we had the dps to kill them in 2 min.

It's a problem when the difficulty spike is as high as it is :p

pliez gib new fashion and i hope this is a good patch lel

Can there be a way to get the other colour whetstones aswell? @Smoreceror

• In arena, what's the point of having Ultra Break skills if they don't work on the bosses? I'm at lvl81 and the two bosses ALWAYS have Ultra on and that is just a bad mechanic. Sure, eventually my CR will be high enough to where that's not going to matter but that's not how it should be. Is there no other way to make the arena challenging than having bosses not have their ultra broken at higher levels?

• Well, i was a bit excited for this as it would add another way to help players gear but there is going to be a required item to enter... Yea, that sort of kills it for me. The issue is that it is being treated as a Korean game for Koreans atm. This heavy handed approach of limiting players simply doesn't work. Players want to play their classes, clear and get rewarded for it. Fragmented Memories is a good idea but a requirement to enter is not. It will already take a massive (that's putting it mildly) number of runs to reach those caps, if the stream is anything to go by. This is because you also put RNG, similar to Diable, on IF the stats will increase and the higher you raise the stat the less likely it is to succeed or at least that it what I got from the stream. (Which i believe was already a 50% chance at less than level 20 of 150 or 100.)

To me, a requirement to enter just doesn't seem justifiable unless you cut the RNG out of the "chance" to increase stats and even then it will take well over 1,000 completed runs. That is an insane number of runs considering we will require something, most likely consumable, for entry. When i think of it like that it just seems like another feature for the extremely rich/geared/whaling players who have most everything and want to inflate their stats some more here and there.

• @shinigamiscall said:
    Well, i was a bit excited for this as it would add another way to help players gear but there is going to be a required item to enter... Yea, that sort of kills it for me. The issue is that it is being treated as a Korean game for Koreans atm. This heavy handed approach of limiting players simply doesn't work. Players want to play their classes, clear and get rewarded for it. Fragmented Memories is a good idea but a requirement to enter is not. It will already take a massive (that's putting it mildly) number of runs to reach those caps, if the stream is anything to go by. This is because you also put RNG, similar to Diable, on IF the stats will increase and the higher you raise the stat the less likely it is to succeed or at least that it what I got from the stream. (Which i believe was already a 50% chance at less than level 20 of 150 or 100.)

To me, a requirement to enter just doesn't seem justifiable unless you cut the RNG out of the "chance" to increase stats and even then it will take well over 1,000 completed runs. That is an insane number of runs considering we will require something, most likely consumable, for entry. When i think of it like that it just seems like another feature for the extremely rich/geared/whaling players who have most everything and want to inflate their stats some more here and there.

I am not 100% sure, but I think there's no RNG to increase stats as you suspect. I heard there's gamble coins that gives you random items from the game (end game items being possible too). I think the RNG is about that, not the stat increase.