We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Closed Beta Testing Overview and Goals

Comments

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

"The EME version of Kritika Online is balanced to be the most challenging of any region. Our Insane mode is tuned to provide an extremely tough challenge, with what we hope are balanced rewards."

Insane doesn't give you better rewards than Hard, and due to the much higher health pools takes an increased amount of time to complete.

How exactly is a red boss soul thingie "balanced rewards"?

• agree insane is a waste of time .. sure u can buy the emblem for red boss souls but .. well the free one is like the same if not better well and that guardian angel pet which is whatever

• Hello thank you very much for hosting such a nice game.
    I wanted to leave as much feedback as I can so ill specify that this is coming from someone who leveled both solo and in a party of 2 and 3.

Boss difficulty
    First thing first, I really love how you guys made the content harder than other servers , it is amazing. However, we noticed that some of the Human bosses can be alot deadlier than other bosses. I forgot the names by now, but for example that assasin boss in the courtyard, on Insane she was able to one shot us with that getting up animation. Many of their skills with one shot us and they are lightning fast with no notice beforehand.
    The rest of the content seemed pretty balanced as we are experienced MMO players and found many challenges in there.
    Soloing the hard versions offered a fair challenge, nothing major but enough to keep on toes.

Energy level
    While the system is made to ensure we can still run dungeons when our energy level reaches 0, the motivation is hardly there. The exp and loot dropped at that point is literally nothing so maybe some balance between the 1000% , 500% and 100% buff would be something to look into.
    This energy level caused some issues as we are players who likes to put alot of hours into a game during week ends, what happened is that we stopped getting money at same point and couldn't really enchant our gear further while we could still level, so we eventually reached sort of a wall.
    Maybe add an energy potion daily for elite bonus? Something along those lines would most likely get players like us to buy elite.

Instance debuff
    When we started the game, the debuff for leaving an instance was around 2 minutes. For some reason it now doubled, I am unsure if this is related to level or if you guys did a fix. The doubled version is very tedious and cause people to often go AFK and come back 10 minutes later. Maybe tune it down for party play?

Auction House
    Now I understand you guys are facing major challenges with this design, personnaly I hate being punished for bots and those who doesn't respect rules. I understand that if you let gold transactions be done for everything,bots will swarm this game and make every 100000x more expensive.
    On the other hand, I want you all to understand that this sucks alot for the player base who plays by the rules and are now forced to use kreds for every transaction on the auction house. Then again, it won't be as bad when I'll be able to trade with my friends but right now the situation is far from being enjoyable.

Thanks again for hosting this game, me and my buddies are having alot of fun and we will keep testing the closed beta however we can't wait for the open beta.
    Will post later if anything major comes to mind!
    -Konan

• NatystNatyst Member
    edited May 2017

END GAME PVE.

The final dungeons are garbage. Low Drop, dont drop gold, green itens (and are rare too), almost non-drop nothing... bad drops, i already mentioned the drops almost no exist? Ow yeah, the drops...

Pretty dificult yeah... but dont drop gold, so... is waste of time spend ur game there... run content to drop nothing with a RNG 0,01%? Bad party system, so i do everything solo, its fun and i liked... i can do last dungeons solo on Hard Mode and no problem...

The drops dude... these f$¨%&* drops... u waste ur time, run 5-10-15 runs... u didint get any useful itens, 60k gold (maybe)... and thats it... if still that way, i'll just give up. Doing content for hours and get nothing... lul

(TERA for example, if u do the same dungeon 5x u probably will get something good at the end)

• it will be ip blocked for south americans brazillians in the open cause i living in brazil and im waiting years to play this game

• Should look at your prices in the store as that we need to pay 21% tax makes a 30 day elite cost olmost 25euro
    never seen a sub for 25 euro before specially for a dungeon fighter game.

• @Natyst said:
    END GAME PVE.

The final dungeons are garbage. Low Drop, dont drop gold, green itens (and are rare too), almost non-drop nothing... bad drops, i already mentioned the drops almost no exist? Ow yeah, the drops...

Pretty dificult yeah... but dont drop gold, so... is waste of time spend ur game there... run content to drop nothing with a RNG 0,01%? Bad party system, so i do everything solo, its fun and i liked... i can do last dungeons solo on Hard Mode and no problem...

The drops dude... these f$¨%&* drops... u waste ur time, run 5-10-15 runs... u didint get any useful itens, 60k gold (maybe)... and thats it... if still that way, i'll just give up. Doing content for hours and get nothing... lul

(TERA for example, if u do the same dungeon 5x u probably will get something good at the end)

Yes they are terrible i did over 80 Solo extreme runs didnt even get a purple item.

• WLCLMDWPFXWLCLMDWPFX Member
    edited May 2017
    1. Im a verry visual person so right now for me the fact that the character creator is so extremely basic is the biggest problem. I usually play pso2 which has a really impressive character creator. Please do something about that. You can get all the costumes you want but youl still kinda look like you are a clone of everyone who picked the same class. Right now its basically "do you want to be a normal human looking girl? A giant woman with big boobs? A random muscular man? Or an efeminate elf?"

2. Genderlocked classes really? If you have any experience in the genre you should that gender and/or race locked things tend to piss people off.

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

@LKKTEPTEDF said:
    it will be ip blocked for south americans brazillians in the open cause i living in brazil and im waiting years to play this game

South America is not IP-blocked for our servers. You can check out the full list here: http://support.enmasse.com/tera/playing-kritika-outside-of-north-america

@WLCLMDWPFX said:

1. Im a verry visual person so right now for me the fact that the character creator is so extremely basic is the biggest problem. I usually play pso2 which has a really impressive character creator. Please do something about that. You can get all the costumes you want but youl still kinda look like you are a clone of everyone who picked the same class. Right now its basically "do you want to be a normal human looking girl? A giant woman with big boobs? A random muscular man? Or an efeminate elf?"

2. Genderlocked classes really? If you have any experience in the genre you should that gender and/or race locked things tend to piss people off.

Thanks for the feedback! There's a pretty extensive collection of costumes that have been created in the Korean version of the game, so we'll be looking to bring batches of those over fairly frequently. Hopefully we'll someday soon have a collection of costumes that will satisfy your customization cravings.

Genderlocked classes are definitely a sticking point for some people, which is understandable. Kritika Online is a character-based game, however, so the developers aimed to make customization options revolve around tweaking the look of a cast of characters, instead of designing a completely blank slate like you can do in some MMOs.

Thanks so much for all the feedback, everyone! We're weighing your opinions heavily as we plot the path forward for Kritika Online. If you have specific thoughts on a particular aspect of the game, please post in the feedback megathreads for those topics! You can find those threads stickied here: https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/categories/closed-beta-feedback

• WLCLMDWPFXWLCLMDWPFX Member
    edited May 2017

A character based game? How exactly? In most games that do something similar the characters have a really defined story and personality which is the reason. This game has neither so it feels like more lazyness than anything else.

Lastly for the rogues id suggest making the dodge double tap on a key rather than shift. Its a lot easier that way.

• My weapons are clipping through my hair. Minor thing you may want to fix too.

• Any thoughts about encouraging group play by borrowing the drop system from diablo and allowing party members to trade items that dropped while in party? Dropping legendaries (or at lvl 65 even epics) for a class you don't play sucks and instead of being forced to vendor/salvage/AH the items you could pass them to your friends. Wouldn't encourage botting as you still wouldn't be able to trade stuff/gold with random peopöe and you could still keep the same AH format. On the plus side you would be encouraging group play which should be one of the key goals in pretty much any multiplayer game. :)

• game keeps crashing at loading

• Any EU Servers comming up soon ? I'm from the eu and i can't pvp in the us servers, everything is teleporting on my screen... Just asking :)

• Please fix the pet food:

1. Why the hell is the NPC for petfood the event manager? The merchant or a separate NPC would make a lot more sense.

2. Its far too expensive and complicated to make the pet food even if you would half the cost id still think its pricy but at least it would be doable.

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

@Bleedinshots said:
    Any EU Servers comming up soon ? I'm from the eu and i can't pvp in the us servers, everything is teleporting on my screen... Just asking :)

We'll have EU servers for OBT and beyond!

@WLCLMDWPFX said:
    Please fix the pet food:

1. Why the hell is the NPC for petfood the event manager? The merchant or a separate NPC would make a lot more sense.

2. Its far too expensive and complicated to make the pet food even if you would half the cost id still think its pricy but at least it would be doable.

Thanks for the feedback! If you have further thoughts on how you'd like to see Kritika Online change in the future, please post them in the feedback sub-forum here: https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/categories/closed-beta-feedback

• Going to break down overall opinions on keypoints as clearly as possible without too much detail!

1. First Impression of a game comes from?: Character Creation and Leveling 1-10/15 usually. A big complaint I've seen in videos, friends in guilds and one of my own. The character customization is actually disappointing. At the very least I was hoping for a specialized class change costume be it over the default or an item set. However the early leveling and warming up to the game was rather simple and welcoming.

2. Difficulty!: Easy to Hard is very chill and simple enough meanwhile... Insane first experience was gruesome, enjoyed it a lot personally. But I was dying to a boss' very subtle basic attacks, mainly the humanoid types. The swinging of a sword would kill me over their very flashy and scary AoE's which took maybe 30%. I'm not opposed to it, but I would consider changing the scaling of boss attacks.

3. Reward?: These insane runs I feel mixed feelings towards, maybe fluctuate the "difficulty" required for quests so its not all just "Easy ^" Besides the rare few here and there. Give us a chance to at least gain half the exp from a quest that we did from a DNG, especially the story questline. Gold I felt flowed great, if you wanted to enhance some stuff you need to do extra runs at some point but it was attainable. Drops however, I was gaining items that would slowly upscale def but nothing was extremely rewarding for dealing with the repeating difficulty of insane mode and it leaves something to be desired.

4. Trading?: Don't be shy to support trading. There are better ways to deal with gold selling and bots, like the whole 1g for selling equips. I can support that if the mats we get make it worth the while. However I've yet to earn any Kred. Nor have I seen any ways to attain it besides buying it, from a blind perspective without researching it further, which people shouldn't have to do for a F2P casual mmo thats good to just jump in, and go. My friend got a legendary the other night for Rogue but she's a vamp and wanted to give it to me (a rogue) because she had no interest in selling it. Now we searched through the AH, I was willing to trade by her lowballing it and I'd instantly purchase the weapon. We then discovered you have to have_ Kred just to put it on the AH_. It felt... wrong to say the least, knowing some form of cash or unknown method to obtain Kreds would have to be done, JUST to trade an ingame drop.

5. Appreciation!: I love the party system's simplicity. The free costumes through badges is somewhat reassuring after the lackluster character creation. The difficulty of insane mode makes me enjoy dnging a lot more. I'm glad you wish to battle gold sellers and farming bots. The clarity the skill tree provides it leaves nothing to be desired. The server's stable connection and fluid gameplay have been well executed, thank you!

• What I believe Weekend should be infinite Rest Points, In training mode the Dummy should also move (like attack) have difficulty as well. it would be great if there is more tutorials in this game like upgrading weapons of how and other stuff. Also there Should be a lock on camera for specific target also should have a crosshair for aiming and yes everythings else is great.

• Up untill now it is Great but there are some Parts that could be made better:
    1. If you die its over: that is kinda hard in endgame dungeons where youl be fighting around an half hour just to clear, you would die couple of times 3 revive stones daily are way to less for people who play alot.
    2. Looting system: overworking the loot system would be pretty fine so that people can actually get what they can use sometimes i get Assasin gear while the assasin gets the gear i could have used adding some roll system ?
    3. The quests are getting pretty standart after lvl 25 and it gets boring how about some quests that interact with the ingamemap ? would be a nice difference and would people wanna find out more about the actual game and the story 80% of the people rush through the quests without even reading
    4. The MVP stat is pretty easy to trick "take lasthits and get the MVP" maybe the one who dealed the most dmg deserved it more ?

Thank your for your time reading this and keep up the Great work !

• Game crashes changing towns & sometimes still while game loads

• KinotsuKinotsu Member

For the Dark Guardians Founder's pack can you please make the costumes account bound rather than 1 per character? If not, can you instead make them 4 smart boxes like Tera so we get costumes for classes we're actually going to play so it's more worth the 75$/100$ price tag for just being recolors of fashion already obtainable in game?

Same could apply for the pet/title.

• @Exped said:
    Can you talk more about the Costume badges?

yes this should have been further explained. I wasnt aware that you can get better stated costumes with use of the badges/tokens by simply exchanging for higher grade. -.-
    had i known this earlier i would have saved them since i already own a costume.

• I would like to address the questing and control system.

• For starters i have ran into a few quests where the details were not very clear.
      I.e. I ran Dark Rampart several times for a quest trying to find a relic and kill Sabine. No where in the quest details did it explain that it needed to be done on intense difficulty and that difficulty alone. With that being said clearer explanation of quests would be appreciated.

• Also for questing, instance matching would be an awesome addition. I just recently discovered party finder in the menu by hitting "esc". I find that finding a group specific to your quest is a bit difficult. So a similar instance matching system like tera would be wonderful.

As for controls. Chained skills as well as easier and more efficient evade. Evade would be easier and more comfortable for most players i spoke to if it was default right click. I hate alluding to tera in this instance as well but tera's placement of evade works with superb efficiency. The controls are already complex in regards to several skills and the "TAB" feature being on such a short time frame to activate. Many people have argued my feedback by stating that its all muscle memory. But slight adjustments would make combat more efficient and deaths less likely due to mass soloing (esp during CBT!!).

Overall great game im loving it! And im looking forward to see what more surprises are in store for Kritika.

• @7ECF75DC75 said:
    So far the only real problem I've had with the game is the "weakened" debuff that you get if you leave a dungeon and return to town. Its fine if you leave before finishing the dungeon sure, but if you DIE! and don't have any resurrection stones (which, to my knowledge can only be acquired with EMP or KRED -__-. I think these should be available with in game gold as its a pretty standard tool, especially for solo players.) , your ONLY option is to return to town and therefore get the "weakend debuff" which doesn't last that long, 3min or so. It gets annoying when you just want to go back in immediately to try again and can't because you have no HP or MP and are FORCED to wait 3min every time. I think its fine if you quit and leave, but if you DIE! and HAVE to return to town, this debuff should not be applied to you.

PS- I know that there is a in-game item ( a potion ) that cures the debuff... but it gets pretty expensive past level 30. With enhancing destroying my gold I didn't even have enough gold to buy 1 of these potions at level 30 which are 25k. An easy fix would be to 1. Debuff not being applied if you return to town after death. 2. Having these cure potions be Dirt Cheap.

I agree if u die u die. Like what else can be done about it. You already take a loss from not completing the quest or get the full exp amount from the rest of the danger zone/dung. So ontop of that i agree with being quite sucky that u also receive a debuff from running out of rez stones. This can also be addressed by taking into consideration of my post i made in regards to instance matching. On harder danger zones/ quests/ dungs [what-have-you] it would be nice to instance match the quest and the corresponding quest(s) u are on and get help from others near lvl. It will be beneficial to the community and the players' gaming experience.

• It seems that i'm always a lvl or 2 behind. and i have to grind to the right level to get new missions. And the exp rate in dungeons are low even on the higher difficulty.

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

the price of enhancement is too high both for free player and paying player
    in game : u limit 2 per a day thats would be 20 durability fix it hammer, if u want to limit this at least put the other hammer tier along with 10 fix it hammer in exchange shop npc
    enhancement stone they are limited too and farming it is too extreme due the ammount u need to upgrade ( basing on bad luck ) u can craft ya but i need the green kritium for something else too

emp shop : fix it hammer is too overpriced the price rate is 10 emp per 1 durability is too over price 50= 500 - 250=2500 what is this? and u need more then 1
    stones : its over price too

pet : i mean u need to rework the rest consumption u go do 3 instance with many entrances and its done, feed him do another 3 and feed him again thats too insane

starhenge : no comment all u want is the materials but the drop rate is too bad i cant farm gold there i cant farm items to salvage or to sell whatever

so i am forced to consume everything on lower tier instance until i waste my 1000% rp then i go to starhenge why do u force us to do this

• i really want to talk about thsi topic "Difficulty—Fun + Rewards"
    On my first day i tried all the type of dificulties and i can say that at least at earlies levelt on the game they are really really balanced especially Insane mode there you really can tell that if you died if because of your skill or some outher thing but in general its balance on level like before 30.

At easy dificulty all is really really easy wich is good but maybe it is a litle bit to easy, but is easy so is ok i hope so. Normal is the ideal if you already have experience with this type of games thats the best that i can say. Hard is really a challenge you really must know when to dodge when to use your skills must know the combos good and all that. INSANE... You must do all the things that you do on hard but with less mistakes because the mistakes are really really painfull in the HP and on the real life.

• RipleyWRipleyW Member

What if I don't buy founder pack's and instead I buy EMP separately, are those refunded aswell or only the one received from packs?

• S0ulCal1berS0ulCal1ber Member

Regarding difficulty + reward

Its gone out the window in starhenge instances.... you hardly get any gold drops you burn through pots like crazy as well as easy mode is not easy
    every other instance in the game runs perfectly difficulty is rewarding but starhenge dungeons definitely need to be looked at with rewards.

and just to add when OBT starts will we possibly get more characters to play with as the game seems bug free and quite balanced all the way up to 65 there is a few weapons that need the names fixed as they show TKallm in there name?

RP is a bit of an issue could be increased to 350 max to allow for a more rewarding play time.

cant really think of anything else love the game so far reminds me of the dynasty warriors series on PS2

• The quest "Goblin Interrogation" is bugged. It says speak to Kaden to start the quest. I speak to Kaden but he doesn't have any quests available for me, nor is the purple exclamation mark on him.