We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

The RNG and stas involving the Thermalar weapon is unfair AF

Comments

• issmissm Member, KOL

@MKF9FR6ATH said:

@issm said:

@MKF9FR6ATH said:

I like how you make a statement then say something completely different the next post after,

Goes from "impossible" to craft a charm to possible.

Goes from "whiteknight" to idiot.

Just validates that you're a troll.

And yes I do think the RNG is fine, it's a Korean game, all Korean games are RNG if you havent figured that out already. Go play Overwatch if youre so hurt.

• 6 points made
    • 2 points responded to

• *Both responses are language policing rather than any actual disagreement
    • ????

• Certainly not profit.

@MPonder said:
    KKKKK, guys like @Augrum and @MKF9FR6ATH trying to say the RNG is fine.

Why don't you guys create a topic and put your smart logic on why it is fine to have 500-700 run total and not see an end game gear. I really want to read that.

You guys are either trolling me, or just pure retards.

Smart as @RomanHoliday fixed msg on Discord

"We are creating this end game gear, but it is too good, and we don't want you to have it. But we gonna give you a slim of hope with a mini lotery on it. HUE HUE HUE".

@issm said:

@MKF9FR6ATH said:

I like how you make a statement then say something completely different the next post after,

Goes from "impossible" to craft a charm to possible.

Goes from "whiteknight" to idiot.

Just validates that you're a troll.

And yes I do think the RNG is fine, it's a Korean game, all Korean games are RNG if you havent figured that out already. Go play Overwatch if youre so hurt.

• 6 points made
    • 2 points responded to

• *Both responses are language policing rather than any actual disagreement
    • ????

• Certainly not profit.

Keep on trolling and avoiding the fact that you're playing a korean game. You play a RNG game but complain the RNG is too much. What? This game is designed the way it is, and it targets a specific group of people who like the RNG, like myself. They didn't force you to play, you chose to play this game.

"The game is Korean" is not a justification for anything discussed here until you prove that "being Korean" is inherently a positive thing.

These mechanics are bad, even if the Koreans tolerate it.

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

@MPonder said:
    Wasting your time with this @MKF9FR6ATH

The guy will come with some smart sentence like

"Look, @Augrum won the lotery, you guys gonna win too" or "Look at my 700 spooky that I'm collecting since pavillion was released, you see this, this just prove that the charms are craftable". "Yo, RNG is fine, 0.0001% drop Rate, 2 entrances per week, fine RNG, make more alts plz".

The guy can't just see the big picture.

maybe 1 day he will or as u said he cant just see it

i am 1 of the player who can craft /get this charm easier then other players and my opinion to these charm is not ok to craft the material requirement is huge for something bound to the weapon/accs 4ever ( no way to remove )

lets say if u collect 3k spooky amethyst in 3 months which is 1k per month after u craft them and u socket them then ALLM-EME decide to release new set of items this it self will make u go back to point 0 and farm another 3 month (if u can do it rofl) and socket again and 3 months is more then enough to make the developer decides to release another set and since the charm is such big advantage u cant wear the gear without these charms so u are stuck with ur old accs and holding the charms in ur inv and hope for allm to release new item is not an option for top players

the way u obtain spooky amethyst is bad, pavilion drop rate is just bad compared from back then when it was released before i used to get alot and they kept nerfing xanadu dung drop rate even farming on alt is not fun anymore after V100 update they gonna remove spooky amethyst from the salvage table and replace it with xanadu material +spooky Jade , spooky jade is such useless material for me if EME decide to make us craft 1 amethyst for 3 jade i can make another MEME charm ...its not even funny anymore

ok lets go back to the thermalar weapon the drop rate is such garbage i dont even understand why they make such drop rate like this

no failsafe like other good KR designed game

limited entries u want to make it hard to drop? then dont limit it let us grind

and their response was sorry we cant increase the drop rate at this time but we will release another shit weapon instead but its better then kholdor yeee more drop to interfere and screw the thermalar box drop chance

• Honestly I am fine with RNG and all but I would find it much better if all people needed to work hard for their gear now it seems that many people who did maxed runs in new dungeons and keep doing excessive grinding daily have worse items than people who luck out. I dont like it that I do my best to get the new gear and dont have much more I could do but pay for more alts and then someone who bought runs in first 2 weeks drops weapon and becomes stronger with much less effort and I am still looking for hauberk week 6... but hey thats the grind, some people just dont need to do it and honestly thats the only way it can be but when it affects the only competitive part of the game... what else is there for me to do if I dont particularly enjoy running bella in 19 seconds with the same rotation as I have done for last 2 months and slightly longer rotations before that for the other 4 months. I dont like farming with alts for the items I need on my main but since that is the way they chose to go atleast let me get the items faster than others if I put in the work. I hope that the 70 patch in march will have little bit more concerns from dev side in balance on drop rate alts and competitiveness in arena/fm. Honestly I dont have a working solution to this so this is kinda pointless rant but since its the trend now I will give my opinion, I am not fond of the current situation (missing hauberk +weapon and unable to compete because of that and not much I can do about it other than pray for the drops/ 7 characters and I do all my abelard/titan runs so far).

• I don't even know why you guys keep on complaining about it.
    The game is slowly getting worse day by day and as we can see here and on other topics, they don't really care about us and what we think about the game.
    We have asked for so many things / bug fixes / better optimization etc etc. I know things take time and aren't exactly easy but i guess adding 1k spookies charms for money in hope for the whales to spend all the money in the game is okay to do right? xD
    This will be my last comment as i already sent a ticket and seems like they don't really give a fuck about us.
    If what they wanted/want is money maybe they shouldnt have given THOUSANDS of kreds on FM'S end of season rewards.
    People getting their third thermalar and here i am with over 120 abelard runs so far with 2 weeks with 50% extra drop and 0. Even low cr players are starting to catch up because they got lucky enough to get the weapon.
    I just dont know why they won't add a craftable option to get the weapon, or like blessing for each time we fail on getting it like some people already said.
    There's nothing more sad than end game players trying to reach out for DEVS or whatever they are called and they ignoring us, maybe i should send 500 $ and i'll get an answer.. Idk
    They will prolly start doing something when the player base falls down to 10 or 15 players a day.. Then it's gonna be too late.

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

@2EndLifes4u said:
    and their response was sorry we cant increase the drop rate at this time but we will release another shit weapon instead but its better then kholdor yeee more drop to interfere and screw the thermalar box drop chance

That decision kinda annoys me too. By their logic we should put enhancing stuff probably even a new charm they add into this shitty weapon while waiting and praying for thermalar weap. While ones who were lucky drop thermalar already just walk around with it showing off. What annoys me the most most of these people couldn't even kill abelard themselves without it, now they sell carries for 2 mil like they ve earned it. I killed abelard more than hundred times with kholdor weap, I can already compare my speed of clear with the ones with weap, why don't I have it yet tho. With this droprate it could ve been as good with unlimited entries, cause I bet we would have to farm days non-stop just to get it once. But at least ones who really deserve it would get it first and not some lucky newbies who bought carry and dropped it accidentally. Like really why would we ever have only 2 entries per week with THIS droprate? Makes no sense at all, you can wait for weap for years if things stay this way. Everyone who doesn't get it gonna just give up I bet. I already feel frustration among my friends.

Also about this shitty new weap. I bet 100% bonus damage won't make much difference on titan 3rd boss and titan himself considering how overtuned are they. You need thermalar there to kill them with grace and in time, cause only % damage can break through this bs defense and hp pool. Otherwise you ll still have to squeeze everything out of yourself after an enrage timer to carry more than one person.

• @RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@2EndLifes4u said:

That decision kinda annoys me too. By their logic we should put enhancing stuff probably even a new charm they add into this shitty weapon while waiting and praying for thermalar weap. While ones who were lucky drop thermalar already just walk around with it showing off. What annoys me the most most of these people couldn't even kill abelard themselves without it, now they sell carries for 2 mil like they ve earned it. I killed abelard more than hundred times with kholdor weap, I can already compare my speed of clear with the ones with weap, why don't I have it yet tho. With this droprate it could ve been as good with unlimited entries, cause I bet we would have to farm days non-stop just to get it once. But at least ones who really deserve it would get it first and not some lucky newbies who bought carry and dropped it accidentally. Like really why would we ever have only 2 entries per week with THIS droprate? Makes no sense at all, you can wait for weap for years if things stay this way. Everyone who doesn't get it gonna just give up I bet. I already feel frustration among my friends.

Also about this shitty new weap. I bet 100% bonus damage won't make much difference on titan 3rd boss and titan himself considering how overtuned are they. You need thermalar there to kill them with grace and in time, cause only % damage can break through this bs defense and hp pool. Otherwise you ll still have to squeeze everything out of yourself after an enrage timer to carry more than one person.

Putting Thermalar behind both a grind wall and limit lock is pretty unnecessary, but the only place where it currently makes much difference is if you are carrying others, which is kind of in a gray area on intended game mechanics. The content is not all that difficult to complete in a party of 2-4 300-400k members and is relatively easy at 400k+ (without the Thermalar weapon or Bella headpiece effect) IF each member attends to the boss mechanics and the way they are playing their own characters. But so many are spoiled by being carried, that they never took the time to figure out their own class (beyond cookie-cutter builds and skill rotations) or the boss cues and patterns. With the exception of Titan and Abelard, the dungeons are soloable (for some classes) without Thermalar weapons, as well--but, again, it's a matter of overcoming the desire to hamfist the keyboard on everything.

• MPonderMPonder Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

@PandAndy said:
    Putting Thermalar behind both a grind wall and limit lock is pretty unnecessary, but the only place where it currently makes much difference is if you are carrying others, which is kind of in a gray area on intended game mechanics. The content is not all that difficult to complete in a party of 2-4 300-400k members and is relatively easy at 400k+ (without the Thermalar weapon or Bella headpiece effect) IF each member attends to the boss mechanics and the way they are playing their own characters. But so many are spoiled by being carried, that they never took the time to figure out their own class (beyond cookie-cutter builds and skill rotations) or the boss cues and patterns. With the exception of Titan and Abelard, the dungeons are soloable (for some classes) without Thermalar weapons, as well--but, again, it's a matter of overcoming the desire to hamfist the keyboard on everything.

• Look at FM parties ranks and solo ranks and tell me there is no much difference at having Thermalar or not.
    • Look at arena timers, for god sake, tell me there is no much difference.
    • You do alt trades with this person, you are much faster then this person, but this person get thermalar. I'm gonna tell you, there is a much difference in his clear time and my clear time now.
    • Go check how much money someone that got Thermalar and is selling carries and how much someone that don't have, gonna tell you, there is probably a much difference there.

For me, it is more about efficience than ranks, imagine that you have to grind with a skyship weapon on bella, you can do that, all you have to do is the mechanics, yo, you can even get in a party of skyship weapon ppl and "IF each member attends to the boss mechanics and the way they are playing their own characters", you guys gonna clear that on extreme. Now imagine that there exist no SH gear, but there is Kholdor at the same rate as Thermalar, tell me there is no much difference in efficience just because you can clear Bella.

Then you came here in the forum, write how shit the rng of Kholdor is, how OP it is, how you can grind hard for it and still, and still, you get no rewards for it and someone come in your topic and say, "there is no much difference, you don't need that to do bella, what is a 5 min run against a 20 sec, plz, pfff".

• @MPonder said:

@PandAndy said:

• Look at FM parties ranks and solo ranks and tell me there is no much difference at having Thermalar or not.
    • You do alt trades with this person, you are much faster then this person, but this person get thermalar. I'm gonna tell you, there is a much difference in his clear time and my clear time now.
    • Go check how much cash someone that got Thermalar and is selling carries and how much someone that don't have, gonna tell you, there is probably a much difference there.

For me, it is more about efficience then ranks, imagine that you have to grind with a skyship weapon on bella, you can do that, all you have to do is the mechanics, yo, you can even get in a party of skyship weapon ppl and "IF each member attends to the boss mechanics and the way they are playing their own characters", you guys gonna clear that on extreme. Now imagine that there exist no SH gear, but there is Kholdor at the same rate as Thermalar, tell me there is no much difference in efficience just because you can clear Bella.

Then you came here in the forum, write how shit the rng of Kholdor is, how OP it is, how you can grind hard for it and still, and still, you get no rewards for it and someone come in your topic and say, "there is no much difference, you don't need that to do bella, what is a 5 min run against a 20 sec, plz, pfff".

Take a deep breath! :s I get where you're coming from, but it really becomes a difference of what the individual values in the game. Achieving a high rank in FM and arena are not all that important, in my opinion. With rank rewards, you will still get the same materials over time; the only thing you won't get are the arena wings. Thermalar accelerates the rate at which you are able to hoard materials and cuts down on the time you spend in dungeon, but if time-benefit considerations are all the player is giving the game (ie: "what is the least amount of time I can spend doing x, so that I can get to y and then z?") then it is no longer a game but a chore. As for the third and fourth bullets, that is exactly what I said "the only place where it currently makes much difference is if you are carrying others." That is: clear time and ability to carry someone else (or parties of someones.) You are comparing the Haves and Have Nots in those two cases, which is just material envy.

@PandAndy said:

@MPonder said:

@PandAndy said:

• Go check how much cash someone that got Thermalar and is selling carries and how much someone that don't have, gonna tell you, there is probably a much difference there.

For me, it is more about efficience then ranks, imagine that you have to grind with a skyship weapon on bella, you can do that, all you have to do is the mechanics, yo, you can even get in a party of skyship weapon ppl and "IF each member attends to the boss mechanics and the way they are playing their own characters", you guys gonna clear that on extreme. Now imagine that there exist no SH gear, but there is Kholdor at the same rate as Thermalar, tell me there is no much difference in efficience just because you can clear Bella.

Take a deep breath! :s I get where you're coming from, but it really becomes a difference of what the individual values in the game. Achieving a high rank in FM and arena are not all that important, in my opinion. With rank rewards, you will still get the same materials over time; the only thing you won't get are the arena wings. Thermalar accelerates the rate at which you are able to hoard materials and cuts down on the time you spend in dungeon, but if time-benefit considerations are all the player is giving the game (ie: "what is the least amount of time I can spend doing x, so that I can get to y and then z?") then it is no longer a game but a chore. As for the third and fourth bullets, that is exactly what I said "the only place where it currently makes much difference is if you are carrying others." That is: clear time and ability to carry someone else (or parties of someones.) You are comparing the Haves and Have Nots in those two cases, which is just material envy.

Lol. Not all that important in your opinion. Competing in arena and FM is whole point of PVE-game. It's not only rewards and wings, it's also a pride thing. We want to prove we are the best of our class. Thermalar weap gives twice the difference in clear time tho. Twice Kappa

edited January 2018

Man, I hate so much how people use the word "need" or a similar way to justify stuff.

All you need to do in your life is eat, rest, breed, be a person that helps humanity (like a job) and die, nothing else is important.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

Funny thing is, I mentioned how powerful the weapon was, how much RNG it had, and the impact it would have during the PTS of v600. This played out exactly how I thought it would play out.

• @RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@PandAndy said:

@MPonder said:

@PandAndy said:

Lol. Not all that important in your opinion. Competing in arena and FM is whole point of PVE-game. It's not only rewards and wings, it's also a pride thing. We want to prove we are the best of our class. Thermalar weap gives twice the difference in clear time tho. Twice Kappa

No... that's the point of "ranking" not the game, and you are conflating the two. However, play how you like; if arena and FM are the only things you have to look forward to, well that's what floats your boat, and your boat floats, so keep on floating... but, frankly, no one else cares if you are the best of your class; it is merely self-gratification in achieving and purely vanity to expect others to recognize you for it.

That said, I did say it improves clear time, did I not? So, what are you on about?

• NGPK673RM5NGPK673RM5 Member, KOL
    edited January 2018

If you remove arena and fm from the game what left is mindless grinding as there is no other endgame content in the game. What do you expect players to do in game then?

Saying arena and fm is pointless only means that those players are new and cannot compete for rankings even with the weapon so it would be indeed pointless for them to worry about it.

@MPonder said:
    Man, I hate so much how people use the word "need" or a similar way to justify stuff.

All you need to do in your life is eat, rest, breed, be a person that helps humanity (like a job) and die, nothing else is important.

I said "want" not "need". Feel the difference if you want to seize upon my words. I like the game, I put a lot of effort into it finding ways to improve my character performance. I don't want to fall behind just because I wasn't lucky to drop weap in a month or more like already.

@Spirea said:
    Funny thing is, I mentioned how powerful the weapon was, how much RNG it had, and the impact it would have during the PTS of v600. This played out exactly how I thought it would play out.

That was quite predictable tho. % damage passive looked cheap from the start, if you look at anyone with weapon killing titan 3rd boss, you can see that passive ticks on his health bar, like most damage comes from it. I don't mind second passive tho, it's just another good multiplier to your overall damage. But considering how powerful is having another multiplier to your damage you should think of fair way to give away this weap.

@PandAndy said:
    No... that's the point of "ranking" not the game, and you are conflating the two. However, play how you like; if arena and FM are the only things you have to look forward to, well that's what floats your boat, and your boat floats, so keep on floating... but, frankly, no one else cares if you are the best of your class; it is merely self-gratification in achieving and purely vanity to expect others to recognize you for it.

That said, I did say it improves clear time, did I not? So, what are you on about?

Well I bet you are just not at this point of an endgame yet. Everyone cares about it in my environment. Also with fishing and exchange event ppl mostly don't farm anything anymore so there is nothing else to do aside from carries. And yes, at some point you want to be on top, because it lits you up and makes you want to continue playing. This game is quite complicated so you have lot of ways to prove that you are better, smarter, play your class better. Weapon make competition quite unfair tho. Because one best player is lucky to get it and second one of that class isn't. We have many accidents on EU when some guys could easily compete for top1 with weapon (also top1, top2 and top10 wings have quite huge difference in stats) but only one who dropped it got first place in almost every class ranking. We even have some noname plebs with weapons on first places who have beaten older and better players just because they didn't get one. Like it or not, or even don't you care, but people who cared got their hearts a bit broken.

@NGPK673RM5 said:
    If you remove arena and fm from the game what left is mindless grinding as there is no other endgame content in the game. What do you expect players to do in game then?

Saying arena and fm is pointless only means that those players are new and cannot compete for rankings even with the weapon so it would be indeed pointless for them to worry about it.

Exactly. Couldn't say it better myself.

edited January 2018

I wasn't replying to you, lol. Just happened that you posted before I did again.

• @MKF9FR6ATH said:
    They are plenty games out there that fit your needs and isn't so alt depended.

Seriously, do tell names. The more the better. IMO the world is starved for good action RPGs for a few years now. It's why people spent exorbitant amounts of money on Blade and Soul and some on Kritika. At this point I'd probably easily pay $5 to get quality game reviews focused on specific genres. Things are THAT BAD in my eyes.

But if you choose to play this game regardless of that because you like the combat system or whatever, then quit crying on the forums and actually play the game.

That's all I wanted to say.

All you wanted to do is to be toxic. You achieved it. However, as long as there are forums in existence, we can assume the company is at least somewhat interested in feedback so we're gonna "cry" as much as we want and you can't do crap about it.

Now give us those "plenty of other games" if you want to actually contribute to this thread.

• @Gofretko said:
    Seriously, do tell names. The more the better. IMO the world is starved for good action RPGs for a few years now. It's why people spent exorbitant amounts of money on Blade and Soul and some on Kritika. At this point I'd probably easily pay $5 to get quality game reviews focused on specific genres. Things are THAT BAD in my eyes.

Those are mainly SP games which are leagues and bounds better than Kritika and the likes, as far as the gameplay is concerned. KMMOs will always be RNG-heavy p2w casinoes because that's what works best for Asian (target) audience.

As for Thermalar it doesn't take PhD in quantum physics to understand just by looking at the special property that this weapon is a prime example of bad design only a braindead monkey could introduce. Apparently ALLM devs have some of those among their team.

• @NGPK673RM5 said:

@NGPK673RM5 said:

You realize that arena and FM ARE mindless grinding, right? Or, more specifically, there is no difference between mashing buttons on Bella, mashing buttons on Titan, mashing buttons on Tower, or mashing buttons in PVP as you try to reach an objective that is either reward or ranking. Whichever route you take, your endgame entails systematic repetition of one thing or another.

That aside, who said FM and arena are "pointless?" Because I certainly did not. The statement "Achieving a high rank in FM and arena are not all that important" means exactly that--that it isn't THAT important (not pointless.)

@RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@PandAndy said:

Well I bet you are just not at this point of an endgame yet. Everyone cares about it in my environment. Also with fishing and exchange event ppl mostly don't farm anything anymore so there is nothing else to do aside from carries. And yes, at some point you want to be on top, because it lits you up and makes you want to continue playing. This game is quite complicated so you have lot of ways to prove that you are better, smarter, play your class better. Weapon make competition quite unfair tho. Because one best player is lucky to get it and second one of that class isn't. We have many accidents on EU when some guys could easily compete for top1 with weapon (also top1, top2 and top10 wings have quite huge difference in stats) but only one who dropped it got first place in almost every class ranking. We even have some noname plebs with weapons on first places who have beaten older and better players just because they didn't get one. Like it or not, or even don't you care, but people who cared got their hearts a bit broken.

Where is "that" point of endgame, exactly? Because I am sitting in the mid-400k CR range, slightly under 40k SR--without Thermalar weapon, Kholdor charms, or Vindon gloves--consistently solo up to the last room in both current endgame dungeons, consistently duo and full-party run both with fewer deaths than better geared pick-ups, maintain top 20 rank in FM solo and arena, etc. yet still don't care about being in the top 10, let alone 3.... Everyone cares about it in YOUR environment, that doesn't mean EVERYONE cares about it.

The weapon doesn't make competition unfair, because everyone has the opportunity to get it. If it makes the pleb more capable than the veteran, that's unfortunate, but not "unfair" in any sense. The only one to whom it will be unfair is the one who feels the need to compare themselves to the pleb. The ironic thing is, though, that the pleb wouldn't have the weapon if they weren't able to buy carries from someone, which is a system that you do not seem to have any objections to. If someone sells or buy carries and still complains about "lucky scrubs" who have the weapon when they don't, then they are a victim of their own folly... and a hypocrite.

So you think competition in the game is just to show off and people play games only to grind?

How is arena and fm grinding? if we are only doing it for ranking it just takes few runs.

About the grinding part, we only get 2 runs on titan/abelard per week which almost takes same time as few bella runs i would not include that on grinding. Aside from that there is no other endgame pve content, what i consider endgame is when we have to use everything we have to complete it. So far only ranking on this game offers it, unlike other games which have high difficult raids or very tricky mechanics to solves in the dungeon.

Saying it is not important or pointless is more or less same. It's just a wordplay.

The weapon does not make competition unfair? so using luck to decide competitive gameplay is what makes a successful game. Stuff like gearing your character, choose a skill build, grinding daily, using best combo to decide ranking is what plebian game would do. Letting luck decide competition between players is what makes games truly fair, no need for other bs.

edited January 2018

@PandAndy

1- You talked no sense about FM and Arena being mindless grind, but I'm no one to teach you that, need a good player for that.
    2- Again, "not that important" In Your Opnion, ppl have different opnion. You don't care, you don't give a fuck, ok, don't take what you think it is "not that import" as other people opnion, you have your way to view thing, people have theirs.
    3- You got a good point in the end, but still no sense, not everybody sell carries, even if they can carry easily 3 dead people. There were people so desmotivated after abelard, that they didn't even log to do 5/5 gem and 2/2, how they could even bother selling carries. They just logged to do Abelard. It is like @RPN7NPCCG6 said, some people play to keep improving their characters, no matter how strong it is, but they're denied progression because of a abysmal Drop rate, limited entrances, a fucking long boring playing dead grind for hours if you want to have that minimal chance of drop rate every week. A grind that if keep doing, you can't see that you gonna get something in the end. Even trying to get that boss dmg artifact is something that you can see yourself getting after tons of Bella, but not Thermalar.
    4- There are some capable of competing in Arena/FM, and what they see? First arena gone, second, gone if they buff it, third one ?! Too late. FM same deal, because Arena is related with FM.

• GofretkoGofretko Member
    edited January 2018

@hornywatermelon said:
    Those are mainly SP games which are leagues and bounds better than Kritika and the likes, as far as the gameplay is concerned.

I still ain't joking though -- give us some names? It's not like the moderators care about off-topics anyway. They don't even care about valid game feedback. Kritika's combat system appeals to me a lot (I stopped playing maybe August? can't remember) but reading through the forums last 2 days is making me convinced I should just stay the f#ck away. Luck-based endgame content... hell no.

KMMOs will always be RNG-heavy p2w casinoes because that's what works best for Asian (target) audience.

That was a harsh lesson for me when Blade and Soul came out. I was enthusiastic and bought the premium status for me and my wife from the launch night, you know why? Because you had to wait 1 hour for 10,000+ other people to login... that's right, a damned login queue! Lol. But we pretended this wasn't a bad sign and proceeded forward. And now my toons sit there forever until the servers close because ONE ROW OF INVENTORY expansion costs around $20 - $25. That's 8 slots of inventory that will get filled if I quest for 30 minutes. And you can't throw anything away! Everything is scrolls, keys (keys for boxes that quests give you -- apparently when you finish a quest the NPCs like to troll you by giving you locked boxes) and heckton of potions for every occasion.

Revelation Online looked so promising... until they broke your neck with grind and gated the best items behind $$$, of course. Bless Online, similar. Kritika -- even worse...

So yes, you are right. We should just arrive at the obvious conclusion and keep away.

As for Thermalar it doesn't take PhD in quantum physics to understand just by looking at the special property that this weapon is a prime example of bad design only a braindead monkey could introduce. Apparently ALLM devs have some of those among their team.

As you yourself mentioned, it's a casino. The psychology science on how to cause, encourage and maintain an addictive behaviour is known ever since the 18th century or so and the businessmen are loyal followers of it. They are not braindead monkeys. They are profiteers. They don't care about the well-being of the game or the players satisfaction. They care about short-term income.

• @NGPK673RM5 said:

@NGPK673RM5 said:

You realize that arena and FM ARE mindless grinding, right? Or, more specifically, there is no difference between mashing buttons on Bella, mashing buttons on Titan, mashing buttons on Tower, or mashing buttons in PVP as you try to reach an objective that is either reward or ranking. Whichever route you take, your endgame entails systematic repetition of one thing or another.

That aside, who said FM and arena are "pointless?" Because I certainly did not. The statement "Achieving a high rank in FM and arena are not all that important" means exactly that--that it isn't THAT important (not pointless.)> @NGPK673RM5 said:

So you think competition in the game is just to show off and people play games only to grind?

How is arena and fm grinding? if we are only doing it for ranking it just takes few runs.

About the grinding part, we only get 2 runs on titan/abelard per week which almost takes same time as few bella runs i would not include that on grinding. Aside from that there is no other endgame pve content, what i consider endgame is when we have to use everything we have to complete it. So far only ranking on this game offers it, unlike other games which have high difficult raids or very tricky mechanics to solves in the dungeon.

Saying it is not important or pointless is more or less same. It's just a wordplay.

The weapon does not make competition unfair? so using luck to decide competitive gameplay is what makes a successful game. Stuff like gearing your character, choose a skill build, grinding daily, using best combo to decide ranking is what plebian game would do. Letting luck decide competition between players is what makes games truly fair, no need for other bs.

>
    It isn't wordplay it's literal. "Not all that important" is not synonymous with unimportant or pointless. It means it's not as important as you suggest.

That aside, I don't follow. You are contacting yourself. At first you said arena and FM are endgame, that besides those there isn't anything else; yet, then you say that, for ranking, it only takes a few runs. And then you switch direction again. You say endgame for you is having to use everything you have to complete the content, but you also infer that the Thermalar weapon is necessary to do that, even though using it amounts to facerolling the keyboard to get through the content. And that is completely opposite your vision of "endgame." What is your position?

Fairness is relative. Some classes clear arena easier than others, some classes have higher damage scaling that allows them to complete higher floors of FM at a lower CR, some classes have a natural element and can use more effective weapon charms as a result. Does that mean it's unfair? That every class should have elemental effects removed from their skills and their damage capped? Maybe someone can't find a party for a dungeon and can't afford to be carried; would it be "fair," then, if everyone were made to experience the same by locking the dungeon behind a CR/SR entry requirement? It's the same with the Thermalar selector. Just because some acquire it easily and others don't doesn't make it "unfair." The chance of drop is the same for everyone (sans buffs,) which simply makes it unfortunate if luck isn't with you.

If the situation were different and it was craftable or had a high drop rate, the same ones complaining about not having it, while someone else does, would still complain about upstarts getting it too easily. Look at how much flak craftable Vindon gear gets, at the number who say "I had to do weeks of runs for it, it isn't 'fair' that new players don't have to work for it!" That mindset is one overly concerned with maintaining the status quo, with keeping a high rank with minimal effort, and it contradicts itself.

• @NGPK673RM5 said:
    I did say endgame for me is using everything we have in it that also includes thermalar. We can already faceroll everything, it will just allow us to have the better time, that means using everything. This game is not about having hard content, it's about how high you can gear yourself up to compete with others. So for me endgame is being heavenly dependant on rng now instead of everything else.

For arena and fm there is class ranking. They are also adding imprints which will balance it more.

Does not have money and cr for carrying? then it just means that person is new to the game and should progress like everybody else. Even if new players did get lucky with it, nothing changes. For endgame users? it can decide their class ranking for months. Some players have invested a lot of time in this game and now it's getting overshadowed by simple rng.

It's already over 1month since dungeons were released. For endgame users grinding is not that important and getting fucked over rng on the only thing they can enjoy will, of course, make them mad. We are only suggesting to make drop rate better considering this is 2 run dungeon per week it's a valid suggestion. If this situation keeps on continuing there won't be much point to keep playing, if rng is the only thing that matters in the end and every effort we put is only a sidekick compared to it.

"Is new to the game and should progress like everybody else." That is where I take issue, because you are implying that it should only be easy (or easier) as long as it benefits you. Why not put the dungeon behind a CR lock and increase the runs? Normal progression becomes a necessity, but then you get to hear all the whining about the grind wall for gold and being unable to sell runs.

I don't disagree, the drop should be less RNG dependent, but it shouldn't be easy to get either.

By progress, i mean grinding, where everybody has put in some effort to get everything they have. Heavy rng to progress is just very bad for this game. The current drop rate for 2 runs per week is simply absurd, it should be at least 2 runs per day to have even little chance at it.

Yes, it can be still rare but not this much. They could even add Abelard hardcore with being x10 harder or more while having good drop rate.

Where there is any whining about grind wall for gold or not being able to sell runs?

@PandAndy said:

Where is "that" point of endgame, exactly? Because I am sitting in the mid-400k CR range, slightly under 40k SR--without Thermalar weapon, Kholdor charms, or Vindon gloves--consistently solo up to the last room in both current endgame dungeons, consistently duo and full-party run both with fewer deaths than better geared pick-ups, maintain top 20 rank in FM solo and arena, etc. yet still don't care about being in the top 10, let alone 3.... Everyone cares about it in YOUR environment, that doesn't mean EVERYONE cares about it.

The weapon doesn't make competition unfair, because everyone has the opportunity to get it. If it makes the pleb more capable than the veteran, that's unfortunate, but not "unfair" in any sense. The only one to whom it will be unfair is the one who feels the need to compare themselves to the pleb. The ironic thing is, though, that the pleb wouldn't have the weapon if they weren't able to buy carries from someone, which is a system that you do not seem to have any objections to. If someone sells or buy carries and still complains about "lucky scrubs" who have the weapon when they don't, then they are a victim of their own folly... and a hypocrite.

At first I'd ask what's your point of playing atm. What do you try to achieve, why grow your damage, cr? To run 2/2 weekly dungeons slightly faster? I'm at the point where I have already obtained everything that was, let's say, obtainable. Only things i dont have yet are some lvl6 blue and elemental gems, lvl7 attack power and some purple badges. My gear is BiS, all fully charmed, with best and maxed rolled stats, evoed to highest tier, enhanced to +17 except for some armor pieces, full demon set, best artifacts in game, pre-highest lvl of an emblem buff, starhenge title-set, 6k etherforce, dev5 etc. And what do you think I want when I keep playing this game? I want to use all this stuff somewhere along with my personal skills and knowledge of the game. Let's say I log in on wednesday and run through ST, titan rage and abelard in a half of an hour. What do I do for the rest of the week? If you personally dont care about competitive part of the game doesnt mean everyone else doesn't. What do you even try to prove me if you don't know what you are talking about. At this point only dedicated 500k+ cr players count, 0-400k can quit any moment or be not active enough to make any difference. Especially with latest changes when people dont play game itself much, dont farm, and only do abelard dungeon.

Tbh, your wording doesn't make much sense. If we talk about opportunity to get weapon, then you should've said noone has it. Devs implied it to be this way, they even said they won't increase droprate because of how precious this weapon is. What's your opportunity to get weapon with 1% droprate in 2 weekly tries? Most likely you have 99% opportunity to keep on playing one more week without it. And week after this. And for the love of god don't blame me for a carries system we have and alt advantages, It wasn't my idea to begin with, when I came it was already like this. But tbh I can't imagine it being any other way right now because I can't imagine enm making weekly dungeons farmable. So alts and carries is all you have left if you don't want to wait years for your gear in a game that might die lot faster. Again, when you talk about fairness, plebs and veterans it's just philosophy and theory. You haven't been there yet and haven't experienced being outraced not by a player, but stupidly by a weapon, rng or luck, whatever. As I said initially, biggest problem for me seems to be not that I can't get weap. But that others get it randomly and not depending on if they earned it or not. If it was a question of earning I would get it one of the first.