We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Fishing actually kills game?

No bella parties, no letter parties, nobody wants to farm anything anymore ;( Feels like everyone just logs in for the weekly weapon tries on ab. And SH is so dead even on ch1 now. Earlier it was more crowded than Xanadu, now it's a ghost town.

Comments

• Many people farm solo and do it in like 1 hour or less and that is because people have better gear and bella is old content that we have been doing for ever since release...

• Ekim41Ekim41 Member, KOL

It isn't about fishing. I think there is couple reasons. Me and people like me who playing since OBT dont wanna do bella anymore because it isn't fun anymore. When i decied to do bella i usually solo it or partying with close friends because only thing we need from bella is boss souls so me and most of ppl doesnt care about "4-men party drop rate" and most of the time having 4 member in party slows runs and lowering FPS. So doing solo is sounds easier.

Bella grind is annoying since long time but after that therma weap relased it gone worse because most of people who doesn't have it depressing. When u get high CR u want competetion on arena and other stuff so can't getting weap hurts many people so they don't wanna spend more time in game. Also before new dungeons there was only ST carries. Now we doing Abelard and Titan carries too. Since you getting gold instantly it feels more rewarding. That is another reason why people doing less bella and more carries.

These are what i personally observe in EU.

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

I'm eu player myself. We talk about bella here and forget about letters. Earlier we had to do a lot of letters to get all the necessary stuff, especially gold kritium crystals. Everyone was doing letters from low cr to 600k whales. Also selling gkc was the way to make some gold for new players. Now with kritium exchange and fishing gkc is too easy to obtain and isn't worth anything (30k per crystal current price). So noone is actually playing the game anymore aside from new dung and dailies. Earlier in order to do letters you had to do bella also to get boss souls for letter exchange. It was like important ingame grind rotation - bella to letters. Ik bella is faster to do solo but I was often doing it in party just because it was more fun and I liked helping new players. And at least there were some signs of life in starhenge. And there were many letters parties each day. Now it's a barely one letter party in a whole day I see. Fishing gives any kritium easier than if you farm for it so noone actually plays the game and farms and it feels little bit dead to me sadly :'(

• xManiNekoxManiNeko Member ✭✭✭

Personally I do not think the fishing destroyed the GKC's prices, the exchange event did. Fishing would have been enough for the violet/gold shard shortage. So I'm still wondering (like a lot others) why we got this.

• All of the farmable resources have become ridiculously easy to obtain, not only through fishing.

There's only a few things left you need to "work" for:

• Ghostly scales (aka, trading carries)
    • vindon/thermalar shenanigans (aka, more trading of carries)
    • spooky amethyst sculptures (aka, indirect farming when you trade carries)
      . boss souls (which you barely need if you trade carries, and if you need, farming them solo is more efficient)
      . recalc scrolls (aka, trading carries for insignias)

Everything else is handed out to you.

Most if not all of these activities can be done by playing a few hours a week. Also, you either trade carries with people you know (so you won't see anything in general chat) or you buy/sell them, which is the only thing you see, and where your conclusion about people "only logging for the weekly tries on abelard" comes from. Needless to say, it's pretty accurate.

Game has actually become much more casual and not in a positive fun way, even though people that defend the current situation claim it to be the opposite.
    Acquiring new gear and better stats through effort and hard work has been replaced with a huge luck factor and a massive shortcut for cashers.

• @Schiz said:
    All of the farmable resources have become ridiculously easy to obtain, not only through fishing.

There's only a few things left you need to "work" for:

• Ghostly scales (aka, trading carries)
    • vindon/thermalar shenanigans (aka, more trading of carries)
    • spooky amethyst sculptures (aka, indirect farming when you trade carries)
      . boss souls (which you barely need if you trade carries, and if you need, farming them solo is more efficient)
      . recalc scrolls (aka, trading carries for insignias)

Most if not all of these activities can be done by playing a few hours a week. Also, you either trade carries with people you know (so you won't see anything in general chat) or you buy/sell them, which is the only thing you see, and where your conclusion about people "only logging for the weekly tries on abelard" comes from. Needless to say, it's pretty accurate.

Game has actually become much more casual and not in a positive fun way, even though people that defend the current situation claim it to be the opposite.
    Acquiring new gear and better stats through effort and hard work has been replaced with a huge luck factor and a massive shortcut for cashers.

So the game shifted from Bella Farming Online Simulator (BFOS) to Trading Carries Online Simulator (TCOF)?

• SchizSchiz Member
    edited January 2018

No it has shifted to PSEWPYHOENPTSITGGABTDSEAO, or "play something else while poking your head out each new patch to see if the game got any better then do something else again online"

Catchy.

• Oh god please don't blame fishing. There are many reasons why there are less parties:
    -Grindable progression ends at star henge. All progression beyond this requires drops from ST or new dungeons with 2/2 weekly limit
    -Non weekly progression includes doing arena and/or soul gem dailies and 2/2 dailies which is easily soloable
    -Spooky drop rate is too terrible in comparison to the amount required to craft accessories possibly partially due to xanadu ext giving terrible drop rates
    -Bella and skyship are incredibly boring and many high cr players have been grinding that since open beta and if they want to bother doing bella, it is faster to do it alone rather than wait several minutes to bring others when there is no need for additional players since everyone is looking for boss souls and not the actual drops

Assuming you have 1 high cr character you only have incentive to login run new dungeons and hope for therma dungeon and then log out for the week since you will not progress any further till the next week there is no point in even doing arena to get lower times before towards the end of the season since maybe u will get the weapon at a later date. The only other major tactic is to do the above on several alts but the alts will not even be geared and will just be on the floor getting carried (which as much fun as dying afking coming back to pick up drops is), just isn't for everyone.

• DownIoadDownIoad Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Fishing isnt killing the game just the kritium economy as it was coupled with the exchange event. The developers are killing the game and people are waking up. I saw the light over the past weekend and moved on myself. I havnt logged in for days and dont plan on it, already looking for another mmo to fill the void.

• YavanaYavana Member
    edited January 2018

If you could sell more BoA stuff such as scales, violet souls, fix-it 10s, ghost shards, etc you'd have a more lively economy. Fishing and exchange event did kinda the economy tho. Like if I was a new player I would legit sell my purple spookies if I could. That would more than pay for 'carries' and I really only want the runes/drops/weapon/insignias anyways because a Xanadu Charm isn't going to be relevant for me until two months at least. Even then I'd rather pay 500m for one then grind 1000 spookies (price would be lower probably with tradeable spookies).

• BengeeBengee Member, KOL

IMO when fishing came out, it's just another reason for me to stay logged in. Whereas before, I was just logging out and back in when I came home from work. I'd have to admit as well, since fishing was an option to obtain gold krits. It has lessened my need to farm skipship (letter runs) for legendaries. As for SH being sparse, thats attributed to new folks wanting the NOW end game gear. If I had to remember back when only SH (prior to ST coming out) and I reached lvl 60. My only thoughts were to get to lvl 65 so i can farm SH for the gear. When ST came out, now my mindset was to find ways to get higher in CR so that I can farm ST solo. Now, with the New Xana dungeon. Well you know where I'm already headed with this. So thats the mindset. This maybe the situation for some and not all. There are other reasons as mentioned above as to why SH is a ghost town. Im guessing, with other content thats going to be available soon or down the line. Some folks will gravitate to that area and Xana will be the NEW ghost town per se.

• MKF9FR6ATHMKF9FR6ATH Member, KOL

@Schiz said:

This is what happens when people keep complaining to make this game easier. The first indicator of this was when they increased the droprate for passkey parts. Funny thing is, the people who cried about this probably dont even play anymore.

I try to tell ppl the game is fine the way it is, but nope, I get called "whiteknight" by people like @issm on this forum and this is the outcome of it, making this game casual as hell. People think it closes the gap for new players but in reality, it makes it boring when you have everything you need in just a week of playing.

• @MKF9FR6ATH said:
    Funny thing is, the people who cried about this probably dont even play anymore.

And I bet its the same about the ppl who complained in the Beta that the game is too easy so we ended up with this experimental overtuned shet version that a lot of ppl don't like.

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

It's already abandoned. All people do now - trade carries on abelard. Like if you do not need to grind for anything why would you even play it.

• issmissm Member, KOL

@MKF9FR6ATH said:

@Schiz said:

This is what happens when people keep complaining to make this game easier. The first indicator of this was when they increased the droprate for passkey parts. Funny thing is, the people who cried about this probably dont even play anymore.

I try to tell ppl the game is fine the way it is, but nope, I get called "whiteknight" by people like @issm on this forum and this is the outcome of it, making this game casual as hell. People think it closes the gap for new players but in reality, it makes it boring when you have everything you need in just a week of playing.

Definitely, because there's no intermediate between "grind 1k spookies" and "passkey parts everywhere".

What an easy strawman to knock down, good thing it's there, or you wouldn't have anything to say.

There's a difference between "difficult" content, and buggy/broken content.

There' a difference between grindy content, and just straight up gambling.

You refuse to see either difference.

• @MKF9FR6ATH said:

Funny thing is, people like you kill games by driving away the "casuals" because apparently every game you nolifer elitists land in must be made especially for you and your empty lives that you must fill with countless hours of mindless grinding peppered by RNG because otherwise you'll be reminded that you have an empty life so you must be kept busy 24/7 to avoid the revelation. And obviously everybody else has to get out because... not sure why, but probably has to do with you guys being so special or something. Well congratulations. You did it! Enjoy your ghost town.

News flash: companies need a lot of players to keep games afloat. Damn shame they need the "casuals" for the game to even exist so you can look down on them, right? Must be a painful realization that without the "casuals" you won't even have a place to wave your ego like a flag. But nevermind facts, give me your weak rebuttal so we can all laugh a bit.

Well yeah! It's VERY obvious this forum exists only to victimize you! I mean, what else can it exist for, right?

We the "casuals" will get back to real life and will stop deluding ourselves we can have fun in an overly greedy Asian games full of toxic sad people like yourself covering it up with touching speeches about skill and "work". Thanks for your contribution, you legitimately helped me make a decision to cut a tumor from my life.

Thank you.

@Gofretko said:

@MKF9FR6ATH said:

Funny thing is, people like you kill games by driving away the "casuals" because apparently every game you nolifer elitists land in must be made especially for you and your empty lives that you must fill with countless hours of mindless grinding peppered by RNG because otherwise you'll be reminded that you have an empty life so you must be kept busy 24/7 to avoid the revelation. And obviously everybody else has to get out because... not sure why, but probably has to do with you guys being so special or something. Well congratulations. You did it! Enjoy your ghost town.

News flash: companies need a lot of players to keep games afloat. Damn shame they need the "casuals" for the game to even exist so you can look down on them, right? Must be a painful realization that without the "casuals" you won't even have a place to wave your ego like a flag. But nevermind facts, give me your weak rebuttal so we can all laugh a bit.

Well yeah! It's VERY obvious this forum exists only to victimize you! I mean, what else can it exist for, right?

We the "casuals" will get back to real life and will stop deluding ourselves we can have fun in an overly greedy Asian games full of toxic sad people like yourself covering it up with touching speeches about skill and "work". Thanks for your contribution, you legitimately helped me make a decision to cut a tumor from my life.

Thank you.

Glad I could help.

@issm said:

@MKF9FR6ATH said:

@Schiz said:

Definitely, because there's no intermediate between "grind 1k spookies" and "passkey parts everywhere".

What an easy strawman to knock down, good thing it's there, or you wouldn't have anything to say.

There's a difference between "difficult" content, and buggy/broken content.

There' a difference between grindy content, and just straight up gambling.

You refuse to see either difference.

Oh, I see the difference. I also see there are people who made it to end game with how the game is now. If they can do it, so can you.

• MATFCNMMJGMATFCNMMJG Member, KOL

This game is not even, in any way possible Hardcore...its a lottery with fun combat and buggy content.

Hardcore is not how much time you spend on a game its what you do with the time spent in-game. I know plenty of hardcore players that only spend a couple of hours every day in front of the computer and are still best geared, best ranked in the games that they play.

So no he is not hardcore only a no-lifer...

This game is not made like those games tho and its not a Korean thing it's made like that to make money, for people to feel bad and start spending. It is by all standards a cash grab. I knew that from the start and know I won't be her for long just passing thru, playing some with my broder.

Iv seen the same thing in so many games the last 10 years, it's nothing new.

• DragoKanDragoKan Member

If dont like the game right now the stuff to do are pretty simple : unistall the game and play other game xD
    If you really think this game chance during the years good luck ^^'
    This is, one of that game, to play one, two hour mindless then stop...
    Not becouse the game look really bad have a fun action combat and good anime stile grafic,
    but becouse the guy who control the game, DONT CARE ANYTHING OF PLAYER !
    If they really care of all the bug the player reported, they first start to fix the damn core of the game,
    instead of start to launch bomb after bomb of shit on Store....
    I hope they start one day to care about what the ppl say to him... if not happen this game finish to live like other game xD

• @DragoKan said:
    If dont like the game right now the stuff to do are pretty simple : unistall the game and play other game xD
    Not becouse the game look really bad have a fun action combat and good anime stile grafic,
    If they really care of all the bug the player reported, they first start to fix the damn core of the game,
    I hope they start one day to care about what the ppl say to him... if not happen this game finish to live like other game xD

The game went downhill when people cheated in arena. Since then it was like flushing a toilet in taiwan.

• DragoKanDragoKan Member

@F7NTNAGXD7 said:

@DragoKan said:

The game went downhill when people cheated in arena. Since then it was like flushing a toilet in taiwan.

Exactly what i say, this happen becouse they dont care of bug reporting or other stuff, if a GM really care need to istant fix a stuff not wait so much long xD
    That's why i say is a game to pass the time brainless...