We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

Patch Notes: Wednesday, February 7, Update

edited February 2018 in Patch Notes

Wednesday, February 7, Update

Maintenance begins next Wednesday, February 7, at 8 a.m. PST. We Expect to be back online within three hours.

In addition to the Arena, Crafting and UI changes below, this build prepares for several events coming later in February. Watch for the full details on those events next week!

ARENA

• We’ve revised Rank tie-breakers so they are now prioritized by the player who achieve a time first. If player A clears a floor in 30 seconds, then player B gets the same clear time, player A will be ranked higher.
  • We’ve reduced the Combat Rating that each floor is tuned for.
  • We lengthened the time to complete Arena stages.
  • We’ve resolved a bug where some players couldn’t progress past floor 32 in Arena.

UI IMPROVEMENTS

• When unequipping badges, they will automatically stack with similar badges.

CRAFTING

We’ve tweaked the Soul Gem Coupons you need for Soul Gem Fusion:

• Level 1: No Soul Gem Coupons required
  • Level 2: 1 coupon required
  • Level 3: 2 coupons required
  • Level 4: 3 coupons required
  • Level 5: 9 coupons required
  • Level 6: 30 coupons required
  • Level 7: 45 coupons required

CUSTOMIZATION

• We’ve made new dye colors available!

Comments

• can you please get allm to fix the imprints that effect cooldowns as they dont work.
    fractured memory skill cooldown ability also dont work.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Did you adress the 5 second issue anyhow?

and yeah, that tie breaker has many flaws...

• ppl that need to work / cant play early basically have no chance to compete
    • first one shot wins
    • ppl cannot improve afterwards

Why not make the order of tie-brakers:
    Floorlevel - time - total damage dealt

Once ppl can 1 shot the boss floor and time are the same for everybody.
    If you use date as breaker, it just becomes a race at the patch day, with 30+ days of nothing to do.
    If you´d use total damage dealt, ppl could improve with better gear and/or new strategies. (i.e. more buffs, better accu roll, better dmg roll, procced items, making 1 shot stronger, hell even new imprint system helps getting more dmg)

So unless the new arena is not 1 shotable, first time tie-breaker sucks!

We’ve reduced the Combat Rating that each floor is tuned for. We lengthened the time to complete Arena stages.

These 2 contradict each other... So arena is easier, but takes longer? Huh? Or do you mean we have even more time now? (5 min instead of 2 for normal levels?? 10min for last? Uh... If you want ppl get rewards easier, why not put them in lower levels??)

• @Vengeance187 said:
    We’ve revised Rank tie-breakers so they are now prioritized by the player who achieve a time first. If player A clears a floor in 30 seconds, then player B gets the same clear time, player A will be ranked higher.

That makes no sense, and is just a sloppy way of fixing it.
    Now after the patch evryone logs in and try to get the fastest time
    and for the rest of the month people can't try and beat it. because it's pointless.

if you want things to be fixed ASK the Community for it dont just add your fix because it's making less and less sense.

Wat? How is this a sloppy way of fixing it? It should be that the first to clear it in 5 seconds get the spot over the person that clears it in 5 seconds after him. If they make it that the newest player to get that time gets the spot people wil just wait till the last moment to get the best clear they can so they wil be put at the top spot.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

Horrible change because at tons of people can clear at 5 seconds, meaning whoever manages to patch in and finish arena while others are loading in gets rank 1 for the whole month.
    Also no mention of evo bug, horrible arena change.

• YavanaYavana Member
    edited February 2018

Okay um, that tiebreaker is pretty awful I'd say worse than the current one honestly... probably should just scrap this season's rewards or give equal rewards with ties. Buff the next Arena/add more floors to where it is challenging and there is room for time improvement to minimize ties.

Seems pretty overkill on the gem coupon fusion changes... one less thing I have to farm/worry about I guess, but I thought the KR value changes was fine/fair 180 for a VII fuse IIRC.

• CyanelCyanel Member
    edited February 2018

What about the 2 seconds issues? Also, whats up with that tiebreaker? I'll ask you to reconsider.
    A better Idea to tie break would be by using milliseconds instead of "First come, first serve" idea.

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

Three words, What The Fuck!?! "We’ve revised Rank tie-breakers so they are now prioritized by the player who achieve a time first. If player A clears a floor in 30 seconds, then player B gets the same clear time, player A will be ranked higher."

So you're telling me that even if I clear in 3 secs and EVERY other players clear in 3 secs who are ahead of me get to keep their rank, people have lives, work, school, homework, etc... so pretty much it's FIRST COME FIRST SERVE GET YOUR WINGS OR GET NOTHING, this is especially unfair with classes like DB when the server is flooded with DBs, very pointless imo. Why not just make it "If someone has the same CLEAR TIME they RANK THE SAME," instead of this FIRST COME FIRST SERVE bullshit...

• Horrible Idea. Not fair to players that cannot wake up right @ reset. Simply make the bosses harder that the bosses cant be 1 shot

• Why don't make it like the Imprint dungeon (set amount of CR).
    then it actually requires some skill.

• @Smoreceror said:

ARENA

• We’ve revised Rank tie-breakers so they are now prioritized by the player who achieve a time first. If player A clears a floor in 30 seconds, then player B gets the same clear time, player A will be ranked higher.

So, what you telling to us is, the person who have more time to camp at the rp reset wins? My god...

• MasazumiMasazumi Member

While I would have appreciated a teaser or something about what we are going to have for February I'll look forward to the new events I would like to call you guys on some bugs and issues I have but seems people already did! I don't want to repeat what the above posts said so I'll ask about something different:

@Smoreceror said:

Wednesday, February 7, Update

CUSTOMIZATION

• We’ve made new dye colors available!

This is great and sadly we have been waiting forever for them but, are these dye colors coming in lootboxes? Or do we get access to them in our cash shop dye section? Also it would be nice to see the price for them.
    Speaking of cash shop can we expect some updates in the costumes? New classes have fewer costumes and old ones have been ignored as well and efforts have been put into lootboxes lately

• @Skratsch said:

Wat? How is this a sloppy way of fixing it? It should be that the first to clear it in 5 seconds get the spot over the person that clears it in 5 seconds after him. If they make it that the newest player to get that time gets the spot people wil just wait till the last moment to get the best clear they can so they wil be put at the top spot.

Both are shit making it first come first serve doesnt fix anything it's just reversed now.

• 3FTDJM4WJK3FTDJM4WJK Member, KOL

**Please, fix Arena 30F first completion reward, when complete arena 30F first time, reward not received (gold enchant, 150 kred) other player confirmed me they don't received first completion reward on 30F too, my arena stuck on 35f, when passed 35 F and dead/leave on 36, I'm entered back later and back to 35F x.x, for the last. New dyes? Black and White finally? **

• Why don't you just add milliseconds to the clear time? The timer has milliseconds in arena. As for the current ties, just give them all the same reward or reset the arena with the last boss not 1-2 shottable.

• Will this include Evo Bug fix? A lot of people including some of my friend's wanted to move items, but cannot.

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

nothing new EME is always fcks the arena in every single change to the arena @eme at lvl 70 update just return our 2 boss arena again this 1 is just garbage arena

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

@Noob2point0 said:
    Will this include Evo Bug fix? A lot of people including some of my friend's wanted to move items, but cannot.

Imagine farming for 2 weeks, spending 10k+ scrolls, enhancing for this item:
    https://ibb.co/mTqDPR

Now imagine that you cannot use it because evolution is bugged, really frustrating and almost infuriating.
    They are underestimating the gravity of the evo bug, these items that are being locked on the wrong characters are extremely valuable.

• MPonderMPonder Member ✭✭✭

Kind waiting for the evo bug fix too.

• 57LFC5YCAP57LFC5YCAP Member, KOL

thank you so much i havent complained yet but ive been waiting for dye colors for so long ty im really hoping for blackand white please

• @Spirea said:

@Noob2point0 said:
    Will this include Evo Bug fix? A lot of people including some of my friend's wanted to move items, but cannot.

Imagine farming for 2 weeks, spending 10k+ scrolls, enhancing for this item:
    https://ibb.co/mTqDPR

Now imagine that you cannot use it because evolution is bugged, really frustrating and almost infuriating.
    They are underestimating the gravity of the evo bug, these items that are being locked on the wrong characters are extremely valuable.

Yeah i know what you mean i don't have great gear yet, but i can imagine, a friend of mine just evo'd 2 his gear, but can't move it. I can imagine the effort.

• GhostCyanideGhostCyanide Member
    edited February 2018

Lmao rip arena everyone who can play right on reset gets their high rank and everyone else who is busy suffers for it? I mean taking atleast 2 minutes to think about what the repercussions would be to implement something as dumb as that should have sent some alarms up but ya know, good shit enmasse. Last patch was solid im not sure how you went so far in the wrong direction after.

• JackieaamyJackieaamy Member, KOL
    edited February 2018

My Psion also with that bug...lv30 ARENA no reward,Died in Lv31 ARENA ,Restart in Lv30.

character id:4InLove

character id:RiotOne
    class: firelord
    Victory on the Level 32 in Arena, not reward,and die on the Level 33,restart to Level 32.

try successive victory on Lv32 and Lv33,die on he Lv34,restart to Level 32,Its really BUG!

character id:Miss3rd also has the same problem.

• TheVulcanTheVulcan Member, KOL

This bug tho... no comment > new patch make my Rogue knife skin to Gunmage and unequiptble.
    https://imgur.com/1Da1TFa

• DragoKanDragoKan Member
    edited February 2018

Seriously, but what's on your mind?
    Do you want to massacre patch after patch the game?
    Instead of fixing, all the thousands of existing bugs from the beginning, you keep releasing obsolete things ...
    Seriously I have no words ... :confused:
    Think of things a little more useful, like increasing at least the drop rate of materials, that is outrageously low? :cry: Remove the monday daily reward and put something more useful (whe have really lot of chaos shard totally useless)...Make improvements to the UI? Set a damn option to remove party skills? Fix skill description, fix equip description? No only garbage releases ... bha ...
    Oh right whe have new dye color... wow.... :trollface:

• arena gets nerfed for no reason
    clearing under 5 seconds does not count
    tons of people are tied at 5 seconds as a consequence

obvious solution is to leave the actual issues untouched and add another one to the mix: now it's a race to who logs in first and manages to clear in no more and no less than 5 secs

good thing I stopped caring about arena ranks since thermalar came out, or I'd be mildly annoyed by this

• MPonderMPonder Member ✭✭✭

The Arena thing doesn't seems like first come first served after patch. It is only if they fix the cap at 5 sec

Like me, I'm on 9Th with 5 sec at 02/01/18. If I don't clear Arena anymore at 5 seconds, The 2Th-8Th will get behind me because they cleared after 02/01/18

• Season ends in a few weeks.

If the actual issues aren't fixed, next season will be first come first serve.

• Will the black color be available in Dye Store?

• Nothing being said about the fact that monk Octave weapons are thousands of attack power lower than that of every other class?
    https://imgur.com/a/uWfZ7