We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Arena Feed Back

Hello everyone.

I think most of us are frustrated with the new arena changes and what it has caused. With this new update, the person who gets the time first keeps it until bettered. Now this brings a discussion that no one likes to hear.

Now to say how bad that experience was describable. I bet most of you faced the issue having your time beaten. I honestly don't understand why they have made this decision. Most players that have a job, school or some other issues couldn't compete. Players punished for having something important to do other than this game. This is really unfair. Arena is super easy to beat so anyone can really get that 1 second time without much effort. I saw someones alt beating a main for 1 second time so that main character who had 1 second the whole season now got kicked out just because he did it 2 minutes later than the guy who now is rank 1.

How can they fix this? Simple but very bad solution is to give every player who has 1 sec time the rank 1 wings. Other solution is to give no one the rewards. Since the rewards were distributed unfairly I see this as a plausible fix. Remembering what happened with the Vine Greenleaf "Memeleaf" weapon, we had arena rewards taken away from us and arena shut down for the whole month. I'm sure they need to do something like this to keep the player base at least at a fair level. Memeleaf isn't that much far away from Thermalar since they both have % maxhp damage to bosses.
Other fix could be to add harder floors before reset to allow us to do arena on a fair level. If we do this then we also need to not allow special properties or at least remove Thermalar % max hp damage property. This would make arena way more competitive than it is right now. Old arena with the 150 floors was fair (if we don't count in bleed). Ranking based on classes and old arena is much better than what we have now. Not the best arena but certainly more competitive than what it is right now.

I have already heard about people quitting this game since this was announced and I find myself debating to commit to the same plan. Can't enjoy a game where you are rewarded for your internet speed and how fast you can load your game, while also relying on procs, if your time needs any.

Other big issue that has came up during this patch was the lack of information and clarification. It was mentioned that they reduced the time to clear arena stages. Was it to make the fights shorter from 5 mins to 2 mins? Did it mean bosses are easier to kill with the combat reduction for arena? Or did it mean that we can get 1 second? Clearly it was the last option and seeing Bear.Shoes say 5 seconds minimum was intended to be implemented made me question if they know what is actually happening within the game. The lack of transparency and info is just absurd if you want to make a game successful. They have council members that could help out with writing the patch notes. There can be so much done but alas nothing.

Hopefully we all can come as a community and complain enough to see a change in this game for the better. I'm sure if march patch is a fail this game will bleed out. Let's not allow that to happen.
If you have any better solutions or have a story to share with your arena experience then please do so. Maybe they will listen to us and do something about it, like they did with Titan's Rage.

Thank you for your time~
-Akechi

Comments

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

• deltisdeltis Member

@Vengeance187 said:
    So when you start losing your rank because you don't have a advantage over others you start making a post saying it's not fair.
    We all know the Arena takes no skill.
    With some people having thermalar and others don't.
    and now, it's first come first serve.
    you lose and you start making a post, where was this post 2 months ago ?

I haven't found arena this ridiculous before myself. I agree arena doesnt require skill with or without thermalar as it is now. Would slightly help if milliseconds count tho. What we need is more challenging floor so there wont be 20x 1 sec times ordered by such ridiculous thing as submit time. Maybe acceptable if there was 1 or 2 one second times. And i dont think you will deny that this is the worst arena iteration there has ever been really. Why would i want to gear up anymore since theres no challenge in arena, not atleast for 20 second faster titan carries.

• xSarkenxSarken Member

@Vengeance187 said:
    So when you start losing your rank because you don't have a advantage over others you start making a post saying it's not fair.

As Deltis said this arena is just purely horrible. If you think this is how arena should be, 1 shot and who gets the time first - wins then so be it. It's not about me, it's about the health of this game. I didn't make a post about it but I was thinking about it a lot of the time. I saw multiple discussions pop up everywhere I didn't feel the need to make one. Them saying they know about it and want to fix it made me wait until now. I have established that I only wanted the wings at least once and I couldn't care after.

• minusdkpminusdkp Member
    edited February 2018

Well well well, if someone thinks that arena is good right now you should reconsider how arena should be. Arena is good if the fastes person can kill the boss in 30 seconds or longer, cause the game shouldnt be about how you can burst 1-5 spells the fastes way. You should be able to do at least a little combo to see the difference between people. Right now you cant see much of a difference cause most people will be on 1 second cause everybody is overgeared as hell for the arena right now.

The other thing is who likes a ranking where the best one gets one second and oneshots a boss. its not even about Thermalar Weapon anymore cause everybody got enough Damage now to do it, even with a normal kholdor weapon cause imprints help.

The Top Arena Wings should be something you can conisder yourself happy to have them cause you did a good combo and the fight doesnt take only 1-5 seconds xd

Its a mystery for me that nobody made more posts about this shiet arena we have right now.

The best thing would be to have an Arena with around 150 stages again and with better balancing. You would want to see people on different Stages and not everybody staying at the same Stage and compete for some miliseconds xd. But thats just my opinion.

Well nobody likes me anyway so who cares about this post xd B)

• AganiceAganice Member

Even if the devs did listen to your feedback, later on people will complain about Arena being too hard and then they will nerf it again.

• Old arena (150+ floors) + rank by classes = A good Arena.

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

@Vengeance187 said:

As he said himself, for arena's sake to be competitive thermalar passive should be disabled on it. %dmg is ridiculous it kills difficulty and competition. What he said - we want old arena back, difficult one, with almost unpassable highest floors. And I totally agree here.

@Aganice said:
    Even if the devs did listen to your feedback, later on people will complain about Arena being too hard and then they will nerf it again.

Haven't seen any complaints about previous arena. Only we didnt have class rankings there, but that has changed already.

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

I'm ok with having old arena back! Cause I can't even reach top10 anymore and get the purple wings no more, I'm still using kholdar claymore with 2 sec clear time.