We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

Patch Notes - August 29, 2018 Update

edited August 2018 in Patch Notes

A new update arrives on Wednesday, August 29! Get the full details here.

PRODIGY

The Prodigy is now available! The Prodigy’s Advanced Classes are the Artifex and the Elemancer, and the Prodigy has an additional Advanced Class in other regions that will be coming in a future update.

The Artifex summons weapons for battle. By choosing the appropriate weapon for every situation, she finds victory.

The Elemancer is a master of Fire, Ice, Dark, and Lighting elements. When she uses magic, she summons an elemental. By controlling her elementals effectively, she controls the battle.

We’ve added Prodigy costumes, gear, NPCs, and Pandora items!

Additionally, we are adding a free character slot for the Prodigy, bringing the total up to nine free slots.

EVENT

  • Level up a Prodigy for great rewards!
    -- Wednesday, August 29 to Wednesday, October 17
    -- Requirement: Prodigy character
    -- Reward: [Event] Level 60, 65, or 70 Reward Pack
    -- Limit: One Prodigy per account
  • Supply Escort Operation
    -- Wednesday, August 29 to Wednesday, September 12
    -- Objective: Gather the medals and exchange them with Alandra for various items.
    -- Level Requirement: 15 or higher
    -- Reward: [Event] Reward Medal
    -- Entry Limit: Two entries per day
  • Master PvP with the Prodigy!
    -- Wednesday, August 29 to Wednesday, September 12
    -- Level Requirement: 40 or higher
    -- Reward: [Event] Reward Medal
    -- Entry Limit: One entry per day
  • Event Sale with Prodigy Scroll
    -- Wednesday, August 29 to Wednesday, October 17
    -- Objective: The products labeled [Prodigy] on EMP store contain [Event] Prodigy Scroll. You can exchange the scrolls in the event store for various limited products.

ULTIME DANGER ZONE

New Ultimate Zone, Eternal Library, added to the Windhome Danger Zone Highway.

  • Two bosses! Both have a chance to drop new accessories, Runes, and Ultimate Souls.
  • Recommended CR of 1800k.
  • Major drop gears are [Ancient] Accessories with each element Bonus.
  • You can clear the Eternal Library up to three times per week.

DAILY DANGER ZONES

Daily Danger Zone levels now have difficulty adjusted by CR.

GEAR

  • Increased drop rate of [Dusk] Pirate Empress weapon in the Ultimate zone.
  • Players are now able to craft [Dusk] Pirate Empress weapon.
  • Added two new steps of enhancement level: 20 and 21
    -- Level 21 is final enhancement level on present gear system. It is also very hard to obtain these new levels.
    -- Level 19 has a limitation on Enhancer's Blessing of 3%.
    -- Level 20 has a limitation of Enhancer's Blessing of 1%.
    -- To increase the blessing further, players can use Rune item to obtain a bonus. Runes give a Bonus Blessing of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% once, and 0.5% or 1% Rune can be obtained from new Ultimate Zone Boss.
    -- Level 20 and 21 gear is able to transfer enhancement level.
  • New evolutions: Evo3 Thermalar Weapon, Evo4 Thermalar Weapon, Evo2 [Dusk] Pirate Empress Weapon.
  • Added new item: Artifact Fuse. This item prevents breaking when enhancing an artifact over +4. Players can use Ultimate Soul to acquire Artifact Fuses from NPC Philo.

NPCs

  • Jingo: Players can obtain up to 150 stabilities daily from Jingo. Also obtain up to two 30% EXP Boost potions.
  • Grandking Piglet: New item for Dominant Gene Chip and two new pets.
  • Tokina: Added four new pets for Coin Toss—Apprentice Red Panda, Dumpling Panda, Lightning Tortoise, Hydro Tortoise

REST POINT CHANGES

  • You can obtain full EXP bonus from Danger Zone regardless of Rest Point step. (As with gold drops.)

SHOP

  • New Pets from Pet Potluck or Tokina:
    -- Apprentice Red Panda
    -- Dumpling Panda
    -- Lightning Tortoise
    -- Hydro Tortoise
  • New items from Mysteriouser Box: Lifeguard Costume set replaces Mechanic Hero Costume set.
  • Product cost adjustment:
    -- Fixit Hammer: lowered price
    -- Soul Gem Fusion Coupon: lowered price
  • First Purchase Refresh
    -- After update, any player spending 500 EMP in the EMP Store can receive the First Purchase reward.
  • Added two new swimsuit sets to the store.
  • Added new weapon skin to the store.
  • Elite Status Improvement
    -- Increased Monster EXP and DZ Bonus EXP.
    -- Discounted Auction House fee to 70%.

MISCELANEOUS

  • Added two new black colors in Costume Dye Shop.
  • EMP Store now has two new category tabs: EMP, and Kred
  • Name change: The Assassin skill “Cat-a-Pult” is now “Lift Off.”
  • New pet set bonus: “Complete Winds” and “Water Companion"
  • Added new rare Accent. Having the full set grants an aura effect.
  • Greatly increased Xanadu side-story and Windhome Yacharu Den, Dunnog's Den, and Stone Temple Danger Zones' clear EXP.
  • When a character reaches level 65, that character receives the [Event] Level 65 Consumable Gift, delivered by mail. It includes Reappraisal Scrolls, Recalculation Scrolls, and an [Event] +8 Sureshot Whetstone. (Players still receive the weapon crate already granted for reaching level 65.)
  • Of the Sea Weapon Crate for Prodigy is added: Stiff Squid. The event coin can be obtained from the mini-game.
  • Increased Emblem Collection Level to 9.
  • Kagerfeld changes
    -- Kagerfeld no longer sells Costume I Plus Box and class Costume I.
    -- Kagerfeld sells Appearance Change Voucher at 50 Average Kagerfeld Badges.
    -- Kagerfeld gives more badges via costume recycle.

BUG FIXES

  • Fixed Prime Attribute icon on Pet Gem.
  • Deleted Sigil UI.
  • We will be fixing the magnifying glass function on reappraisal or recalculation during the next update.
  • (Level 1–64) Gears for Prodigy and Monk are now freely tradeable.

KNOWN ISSUES

  • Prodigy Prime Attribute descriptions are currently not displaying. We're investigating the cause and working on a fix!
«1

Comments

  • paffy30paffy30 Member, KOL

    thank god no nerfs to thermal

  • MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

    can 19 gear going 20/21 still loose upgrade levels?
    ie you fail 20 = item is 19 again?

  • YWM7XNJJ3DYWM7XNJJ3D Member, KOL

    Nice!

  • SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

    @Myrias said:
    can 19 gear going 20/21 still loose upgrade levels?
    ie you fail 20 = item is 19 again?

    No, due to player feedback on the PTS, upgrade levels will not be lost.

  • EWNMAHJEJMEWNMAHJEJM Member, KOL

    no buffs on themalar drop rate? 6 week quest is a very stupid idea if you ask me

  • SkratschSkratsch Member

    Does the free slot mean we also have 1 more max slots? (16 instead of 15)

  • JetwynJetwyn Member, KOL

    No mention at all of imprinting bug fixes?!?
    I STILL cannot equip 4 imprint slots on my Void Mage. In addition the Major Imprint skill they changed to for Singularity does absolutely nothing.
    Took weeks to get the drop and after adding it in found out it does nothing. Submitted bug reports, but no feedback to be had.

  • 57LFC5YCAP57LFC5YCAP Member, KOL

    @Smoreceror said:

    @Myrias said:
    can 19 gear going 20/21 still loose upgrade levels?
    ie you fail 20 = item is 19 again?

    No, due to player feedback on the PTS, upgrade levels will not be lost.

    its amazing that it was implemented in the first place considering how hard it is to get that enhancement smh

  • SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭

    @Smoreceror said:

    • Kagerfeld changes
      -- Kagerfeld no longer sells Costume I Plus Box and class Costume I.
      -- Kagerfeld sells Appearance Change Voucher at 50 Average Kagerfeld Badges.
      -- Kagerfeld gives more badges via costume recycle.

    WTF??, way to slide this in there. So the only way to get costumes now is to buy them and we cant get the Plus costume at all anymore (since it isnt even in the cash shop).

  • KiyroYoKiyroYo Member
    edited August 2018

    @Spookles said:

    @Smoreceror said:

    • Kagerfeld changes
      -- Kagerfeld no longer sells Costume I Plus Box and class Costume I.
      -- Kagerfeld sells Appearance Change Voucher at 50 Average Kagerfeld Badges.
      -- Kagerfeld gives more badges via costume recycle.

    WTF??, way to slide this in there. So the only way to get costumes now is to buy them and we cant get the Plus costume at all anymore (since it isnt even in the cash shop).

    wow i didnt notice that, at least i got the "Vamp" one that you can only get through that, is it gone forever or will be like a new arena reward later?

  • MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

    KAGA broken?
    Cant upgrade/downgrade badges...
    other items still cant go +21... any news on them?

    2/2 daily dungeon scaling not working as well, nothing changed there

    so items wont break?

  • VarioussVariouss Member, KOL

    Kagerfeld badges cant be up/down graded
    Event minigame with the machine gun the machine gun DOES NOT ROTATE so you cant do anything ive been aiming at the mobs for 2 runs but the gun just shoots straight

  • DE4WAJ6LNPDE4WAJ6LNP Member, KOL

    Great patch,so much content and events.Now can we discuss why Pirate King weapons don't have evo to tier13 while thermalar(which starts as a lower tier than Pirate King) can have up to tier13?I guess the answer is FCK Pirate King weapon users in particular,they stink,right?

  • MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

    @DE4WAJ6LNP said:
    Great patch,so much content and events.Now can we discuss why Pirate King weapons don't have evo to tier13 while thermalar(which starts as a lower tier than Pirate King) can have up to tier13?I guess the answer is FCK Pirate King weapon users in particular,they stink,right?

    im glad i didnt upgrade my dusk acessories, cause they cant go +21 it seems...

  • YYTTMAGKY9YYTTMAGKY9 Member, KOL

    @Smoreceror said:

    MISCELANEOUS

    • Kagerfeld changes
      -- Kagerfeld no longer sells Costume I Plus Box and class Costume I.
      -- Kagerfeld sells Appearance Change Voucher at 50 Average Kagerfeld Badges.
      -- Kagerfeld gives more badges via costume recycle.

    This is now, officially, a pay-to-win game
    Congratulations

  • 3FTDJM4WJK3FTDJM4WJK Member, KOL

    **MISCELANEOUS

    Kagerfeld changes
    -- Kagerfeld no longer sells Costume I Plus Box and class Costume I.
    -- Kagerfeld sells Appearance Change Voucher at 50 Average Kagerfeld Badges.
    -- Kagerfeld gives more badges via costume recycle.
    

    **
    R.I.P game, time to drop off and stop play, ty all for this one year of fun n.n

  • MeshakMeshak Member

    @Smoreceror @BearShoes What PTS player feedback are you hearing? Where are you gathering and listening to feedback? There is no mention of the possibility of losing enhancement level on the PTS forum thread for this patch. So where did you get the feedback? Who supplied it? Internal testers? Player council? Is there something on the PTS to submit feedback? How and from whom are you getting your feedback?

    You keep asking us to test your game for free but don't seem to be listening to the feedback provided on your threads on the forum. You say you listen to PTS player feedback, but it isn't the feedback I see in your PTS forum threads. Please give us the requirements to submit PTS feedback.

    -GunMages still cant use imprints and we're pretty sure some of the imprints aren't functioning as intended.
    -You never refunded the GunMages for the imprints you took
    -What CR selection for dailies are you talking about there is no difference between dailies or gem runs prior or post patch, please elaborate.
    -Dropping the costumes from Kagerfield seems like a mistake unless you're replacing them, in which case why remove until you replace.

  • 76MP9RCT4L76MP9RCT4L Member, KOL
    edited August 2018

    @Smoreceror said:

    MISCELANEOUS

    • Kagerfeld changes
      -- Kagerfeld no longer sells Costume I Plus Box and class Costume I.
      -- Kagerfeld sells Appearance Change Voucher at 50 Average Kagerfeld Badges.
      -- Kagerfeld gives more badges via costume recycle.

    Really nice way to introduce this change into the game. People will be to busy/hyped playing their new character to complain about it.
    The costumes are by far one of the best/funnest things for me to do in game. I like to collect them, for multiple classes and now they're gone. I won't even be able to gather full sets that I wanted anymore unless there is a new way to get them not being mentioned.

  • If people aren't aware, you know you can get costumes by running challenge letters and action zones right? I think there are aspects of the game that are p2w, but the costume feature really isn't especially when there are multiple in game means of getting costumes. Sure, it might not be one of the ones you want, but all the stats are the same. Via compared to KR where you get special costume rarity with special stats.

  • JetwynJetwyn Member, KOL

    @94WLKERC76 said:
    If people aren't aware, you know you can get costumes by running challenge letters and action zones right? I think there are aspects of the game that are p2w, but the costume feature really isn't especially when there are multiple in game means of getting costumes. Sure, it might not be one of the ones you want, but all the stats are the same. Via compared to KR where you get special costume rarity with special stats.

    Silly question. . . challenge letters?

  • SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

    Are you saying there is now a much higher easier drop on Soul boxes fro costumes. Or are you suggesting that the ONE souls costume that has an insane low drop rate is the same thing as buying a costume piece with 15 badges?

  • 76MP9RCT4L76MP9RCT4L Member, KOL

    @94WLKERC76 said:
    If people aren't aware, you know you can get costumes by running challenge letters and action zones right? I think there are aspects of the game that are p2w, but the costume feature really isn't especially when there are multiple in game means of getting costumes. Sure, it might not be one of the ones you want, but all the stats are the same. Via compared to KR where you get special costume rarity with special stats.

    What's the logic behind this?
    Empress weapons also drop from Pirate dungeon, let's remove the new crafting option in that case, because you can get them in a drop, right?
    Let's not compare RNG to the option given by the NPC to get a piece of costume for the slot that you wanted, not a chance.

    This was by far the easiest and more reliable way to get costumes, hence styling your toon (one of the things I enjoy the most in game). I didn't even said this was a p2w move (I know a few people did). But it's obviously a mean to have us get them from the EMP now.

    furthermore I've been collecting pieces from full sets that I wanted from there, now they're all gone. Can we at least have them back in some way?

  • SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

    This patch feels like the final squeeze to rid the game of f2p players and have nothing but EME players and whales. This is a total miss. Yay, I can level up for free now, yet cant buy any costumes anymore.

    Keep adding more and more broken higher CR crap. Keep taking away stuff like badges costumes. Keep pretending CR dailies exists. This game is in such a mess now; it is pretty obvious they have given up. SEA did the same thing with full EXP/infinite RP about 2 months before it shut down.

    I would honestly be SHOCKED if this game makes it to 2019. I am done with it at this point. Why stay around? more overinflated CR dungeons no one can run? Yay for spending 2 months to gear up to be able to run a shitty dungeon 2x a week. "oh, whats that you say?, i can just pay whales to run me through the content?" lol. Come on.

    FORCE a CR requirement for dungeons. make gear Bind to character. Remove selling top end gear and carries, then we might have a game. As it is now, there is really no point to play. Log in and grind bella a few hours then pay whales to run me through content i could never do so i can have gear to run bella slightly faster to buy more gear from said whales.

    I will just save myself the hassle and play on the PTS whenever something new comes out. Broken CR requirements that no one aside from whales can meet and losing stuff like badges costume boxes pretty much shows me the direction the game is headed.

    Why bother leveling up another character? So I can be stuck buying Abelard runs for 2 months just to maybe gear up enough to maybe kill 2-3 bosses in Eerie?

    How many people can honestly even clear Eerie? Like 20 RMB spamming DG and a few of the other classes? How many people can clear Pirate? like 10-30 a server at most?

    how about this new dungeon? like 5 people?

    Why even bother trying to solo the grind gear for it if its cheaper and easier to just buy carries from Player council and whales each weeK? This is the major problem. We should not be able to buy runs or gear from endgame.

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

    evo3 and evo4 for thermalar weapon set enhancement level to 0 for rogue classes. This needs hotfix, stap bullying rogues!

  • WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester
    edited August 2018

    @Spookles said:
    This patch feels like the final squeeze to rid the game of f2p players and have nothing but EME players and whales. This is a total miss. Yay, I can level up for free now, yet cant buy any costumes anymore.

    Funniest thing I think i saw was when the new dungeon was broken and we could not enter it in the PTS the entrance said "80,000 CR". like it is in EVERY OTHER VERSION OF THE GAME. Yet here we are needing like 2 million CR while 1/2 the people at level cap still cant even do Abelard solo.

    This game is such a shitshow and its so funny that they keep listening to the player council that seems to have zero idea how the game actually is. I guess when EME is loading up your account with Kredd each month its hard to understand just how broken the endgame is.

    Keep adding more and more broken higher CR crap. Keep taking away stuff like badges costumes. Keep pretending CR dailies exists. This game is in such a mess now; it is pretty obvious they have given up. SEA did the same thing with full EXP/infinite RP about 2 months before it shut down.

    I would honestly be SHOCKED if this game makes it to 2019. I am done with it at this point. Why stay around? more overinflated CR dungeons no one can run? Yay for spending 2 months to gear up to be able to run a shitty dungeon 2x a week. "oh, whats that you say?, i can just pay whales to run me through the content?" lol. Come on.

    FORCE a CR requirement for dungeons. make gear Bind to character. Remove selling top end gear and carries, then we might have a game. As it is now, there is really no point to play. Log in and grind bella a few hours then pay whales to run me through content i could never do so i can have gear to run bella slightly faster to buy more gear from said whales.

    I will just save myself the hassle and play on the PTS whenever something new comes out. Broken CR requirements that no one aside from whales can meet and losing stuff like badges costume boxes pretty much shows me the direction the game is headed.

    Why bother leveling up another character? So I can be stuck buying Abelard runs for 2 months just to maybe gear up enough to maybe kill 2-3 bosses in Eerie?

    How many people can honestly even clear Eerie? Like 20 RMB spamming DG and a few of the other classes? How many people can clear Pirate? like 10-30 a server at most?

    how about this new dungeon? like 5 people?

    Why even bother trying to solo the grind gear for it if its cheaper and easier to just buy carries from Player council and whales each weeK? This is the major problem. We should not be able to buy runs or gear from endgame.

    I solo grind, and i can do all the dungeons on my own solo. WHat you on about it being hard? xd I also forgot to say, i play zerk.

  • SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

    l

  • @WarFaceSystemX said:

    @Spookles said:
    This patch feels like the final squeeze to rid the game of f2p players and have nothing but EME players and whales. This is a total miss. Yay, I can level up for free now, yet cant buy any costumes anymore.

    Funniest thing I think i saw was when the new dungeon was broken and we could not enter it in the PTS the entrance said "80,000 CR". like it is in EVERY OTHER VERSION OF THE GAME. Yet here we are needing like 2 million CR while 1/2 the people at level cap still cant even do Abelard solo.

    This game is such a shitshow and its so funny that they keep listening to the player council that seems to have zero idea how the game actually is. I guess when EME is loading up your account with Kredd each month its hard to understand just how broken the endgame is.

    Keep adding more and more broken higher CR crap. Keep taking away stuff like badges costumes. Keep pretending CR dailies exists. This game is in such a mess now; it is pretty obvious they have given up. SEA did the same thing with full EXP/infinite RP about 2 months before it shut down.

    I would honestly be SHOCKED if this game makes it to 2019. I am done with it at this point. Why stay around? more overinflated CR dungeons no one can run? Yay for spending 2 months to gear up to be able to run a shitty dungeon 2x a week. "oh, whats that you say?, i can just pay whales to run me through the content?" lol. Come on.

    FORCE a CR requirement for dungeons. make gear Bind to character. Remove selling top end gear and carries, then we might have a game. As it is now, there is really no point to play. Log in and grind bella a few hours then pay whales to run me through content i could never do so i can have gear to run bella slightly faster to buy more gear from said whales.

    I will just save myself the hassle and play on the PTS whenever something new comes out. Broken CR requirements that no one aside from whales can meet and losing stuff like badges costume boxes pretty much shows me the direction the game is headed.

    Why bother leveling up another character? So I can be stuck buying Abelard runs for 2 months just to maybe gear up enough to maybe kill 2-3 bosses in Eerie?

    How many people can honestly even clear Eerie? Like 20 RMB spamming DG and a few of the other classes? How many people can clear Pirate? like 10-30 a server at most?

    how about this new dungeon? like 5 people?

    Why even bother trying to solo the grind gear for it if its cheaper and easier to just buy carries from Player council and whales each weeK? This is the major problem. We should not be able to buy runs or gear from endgame.

    I solo grind, and i can do all the dungeons on my own solo. WHat you on about it being hard? xd I also forgot to say, i play zerk.

    Welcome to Korean Instanced/Hub based ARPGS where you either pay with giant chunks of your time or giant chunks of your wallet to get anywhere and reach anything.

  • ToshZillaToshZilla Member

    I'm pretty disappointed in the costume change as well, i guess i could try and understand removing those costumes.. but why did they have to remove the item from kagerfields shop that allows you to reroll the stats on a costume. i just recently went through some of my costumes i had aquired at the start of the game to realize i had picked shit stats on one of them xD i went to kagerfield to reroll it and found out the item is gone too? i dont see it in the patch notes.. did it get moved somewhere else ooor?

  • NightDazeNightDaze Member, KOL

    wow they remove the costumes, I was hype for the new character but this BS, recent changes are just god awful I don't know the obcecion of this company to kill their own gamea.

  • PL3XKKEHENPL3XKKEHEN Member, KOL

    I really like the game and I've been playing every day for months now, but it seems that the game is getting worse with every patch. In the beginning I was really delighted to see that it is a free game which is certainly not "pay to win". But recently it seems that you're trying to force us to pay more and more for the game to reach our goals - first Whetstones IV and now costumes. Removing costumes from Kagerfeld is a real backstab, if there won't be a replacement for them (one which is not the EMP Store) I'm going to consider to quit the game.

Sign In or Register to comment.