We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Kritoken shop concerns

Alright so the reward are great, but then you realize that it's EMP only and we can't use our kred to get any of the Kritoken scrolls...

I get you guys need to make money but dang... that hurts the soul.

Comments

• MorrigainMorrigain Member ✭✭

Also the valk pet is only available through emp. They have unlocked a new kind of p2w !

• NAWAXEYNR5NAWAXEYNR5 Member ✭✭

blame the whales that abuse free kreds OMEGALUL

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Way to much money just for a box or a costume. Just to much. Even if i had kred i would be pretty much useless at this at this point to use kred, but hey guess they do as they please. Can't do much about it, not paying like 120 bucks for a accent thats just.....Yeah.

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

By the way the Accent Item for 30 scrolls is only a class selector so basically you buy the box and whatever accent you get from it is random, you can basically be paying that amount for a kachu.

• KitsuneCuddlerKitsuneCuddler Member, KOL

I agree, the EMP locked items like Kritoken scrolls and the valkyrie pet are by far the worst part of this patch. This was a very poor decision if it was intentional.

I understand the need to gain revenue, but locking guaranteed, significant items behind EMP is a great way to make the playerbase consider jumping ship. I would be fine with items that do not affect the gameplay or progression, such as special cosmetic items, being easier to obtain by paying real money. However, having failsafes available only to those who are willing to pay real money is extremely unfair and will affect the playerbase, and thus the game, negatively. This is made worse by the fact that the items you can obtain with the scrolls are those that will affect the gameplay and progression.

Like Roman said, having so much be locked behind EMP devalues the kred that players have been collecting. It makes us reconsider why we collect kred if all the new things, which again, affect player progression and gameplay, are only obtainable by paying real money. Also, being forced to rely on other players who are willing to pay real money in order to obtain an item because it is not available otherwise is disheartening, ignoring the fact that it is also unfair to players who don't spend because those who do spend can readily get items that are only obtainable with EMP.

If the company finds that the revenue they're earning from Kritika is lower than they'd like, it's not wise to make a decision that will turn off much of the playerbase and make them reconsider whether it's a good idea to continue playing this game. At least give some way for free to play players to still acquire the items, even if it may be easier to just pay real money.

• MorrigainMorrigain Member ✭✭

But its not only unfair to ppl who don't want to pay. Its unfair to the paying customer as well. 150 € for 30 Kritoken and then u get a random artifact ? that is just a scam. Also 150€ for a pet ? granted its one of the mega rare pets but come on. The pets are propably not even useful outside of their pet boni for which u need both, clocking u in for 330€ if u want all the pets for the bonus.

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

After the mixed reception from the prodigy scroll event, it really is sad to see that it gets worse with kritokens. All the high tier rewards are random as well, so the people that are able to participate in a swiping event aren't treated much better. Patch after patch, we're seeing more EMP exclusive items rolling into the game. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a kred alternative to these EMP packs. The previous Noble pets also seem to be EMP exclusive now, making the matter worse. Much like everyone else, there's a lot to reconsider if this is the direction they're going with.

• TriggTrigg Member ✭✭

The Halloween pets in the scroll crate are also random, and you get two chances should you choose to go for it. It's madness and makes me sick to think about. And what if EME decides "hey let's only let them be obtainable during the Halloween event" - at this point I seriously fear they might. The shop is too emp heavy, no doubt about that. I PRAY they reconcider and return to both emp and kred options.

• KattyKiraKattyKira Member, KOL

I admit I brought up 2 of the 5k EMP Mysterious Key boxes for 10k EMP. I almost regret it, but I will admit that out of luck got two of the angelic-nether complete outfit selector boxes, and a bunch of the random piece boxes from it. In hindsight, I highly doubt that I'll ever do that again.

It would have been much better to do it just like they did the Artifex and Elemancer outfits and make it a costume bundle item that you can buy directly without having to random box to get it... Or buying $100 USD worth of EMP points to get enough scrolls for it. I understand why though they did it like they did. One, to make more money from people like me sadly. Two, to make it an exclusive item like they did the Elemancer outfit before the reset Wednesday, was only available to just a few people with the code. Now, though it's available to everyone. YAY!

As for the Halloween pets, I really doubt I'll get the set bonus for them. It's really a chance of the draw that I managed to get one of them. But to get both of them and evolve them and get Noble Valkyrie too for the set bonus is likely not going to happen. At least the set bonus isn't much more than elemental bonuses, but I hope that future events don't end up being more important stats like attack power, crit damage, bonus damage, etc.

I hope they both return to the two currency option of using both Kred and EMP to buy the items that give the scrolls. But I would rather they get rid of the scroll shops all together and make things direct purchases from the EMP store for Kred/EMP.

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I think it is safe to say that kritika has officially crossed way past the "grey area". This is an actual p2w situation at this point. There is no defending the choices being made now. I am willing to put up with a LOT of crap. EN Masse has been skating this line for a while now, but the past 2 "shop events" just show that we are into new territory at this point. Once a game goes this route, I have never seen it go back. It will just get worse from here on out.

• BeFrostBeFrost Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

When you keep poking it with a stick

• EWNMAHJEJMEWNMAHJEJM Member, KOL

@KattyKira said:
    I admit I brought up 2 of the 5k EMP Mysterious Key boxes for 10k EMP. I almost regret it, but I will admit that out of luck got two of the angelic-nether complete outfit selector boxes, and a bunch of the random piece boxes from it. In hindsight, I highly doubt that I'll ever do that again.

It would have been much better to do it just like they did the Artifex and Elemancer outfits and make it a costume bundle item that you can buy directly without having to random box to get it... Or buying $100 USD worth of EMP points to get enough scrolls for it. I understand why though they did it like they did. One, to make more money from people like me sadly. Two, to make it an exclusive item like they did the Elemancer outfit before the reset Wednesday, was only available to just a few people with the code. Now, though it's available to everyone. YAY!

As for the Halloween pets, I really doubt I'll get the set bonus for them. It's really a chance of the draw that I managed to get one of them. But to get both of them and evolve them and get Noble Valkyrie too for the set bonus is likely not going to happen. At least the set bonus isn't much more than elemental bonuses, but I hope that future events don't end up being more important stats like attack power, crit damage, bonus damage, etc.

I hope they both return to the two currency option of using both Kred and EMP to buy the items that give the scrolls. But I would rather they get rid of the scroll shops all together and make things direct purchases from the EMP store for Kred/EMP.

how do you get the elemancer outfit?

• ThewolfshadowThewolfshadow Member, KOL

@EWNMAHJEJM said:

The elemancer outfit was added to the kred store normal full set costs think it was 3 different color options think also they added the other set as well.

• MajorThorMajorThor Member ✭✭

@Spookles said:
    I think it is safe to say that kritika has officially crossed way past the "grey area". This is an actual p2w situation at this point. There is no defending the choices being made now. I am willing to put up with a LOT of crap. EN Masse has been skating this line for a while now, but the past 2 "shop events" just show that we are into new territory at this point. Once a game goes this route, I have never seen it go back. It will just get worse from here on out.

This is how Eme Tera has been for the last 2 years, it's all a huge cash grab. Eme stopped caring about the community at some point and started caring about their investors more.

edited October 2018

@Thewolfshadow said:

@EWNMAHJEJM said:

The elemancer outfit was added to the kred store normal full set costs think it was 3 different color options think also they added the other set as well.

Exactly, it's in the EMP Store area... you can click on Bundles tab and go through it for the Kred items, and find it that for any Prodigy. Or you can click on the costume tab and buy the pieces individually.

@MajorThor : Sad thing is, there other companies out there that are doing the exact same thing or very nearly it. Still in their mind it comes down to a philosophy of, "If you think you can get ahead and be all powerful and/or enjoy the game they are giving you, then you'll pay through the nose for it." Bad philosophy, but it seems to work on many people.

• ThewolfshadowThewolfshadow Member, KOL

@KattyKira said:

Exactly, it's in the EMP Store area... you can click on Bundles tab and go through it for the Kred items, and find it that for any Prodigy. Or you can click on the costume tab and buy the pieces individually.

Honestly I was not even looking for that at the time I was looking. I was looking for the Halloween costumes and seems either by some long shot chance they are dropping them Friday or they are not releasing any this year.

• MajorThorMajorThor Member ✭✭

@KattyKira said:

@Thewolfshadow said:

@EWNMAHJEJM said:

@MajorThor : Sad thing is, there other companies out there that are doing the exact same thing or very nearly it. Still in their mind it comes down to a philosophy of, "If you think you can get ahead and be all powerful and/or enjoy the game they are giving you, then you'll pay through the nose for it." Bad philosophy, but it seems to work on many people.

You should have seen the epic failure that was Teras 5th Anniversary Event last year dude. It was an EMP ran golden box sale in which you could gift the golden boxes to other players for a small reward on your end. That's it, it was 100% a cash grab event for EME.

Fast forward to now, I've since quit Tera because of how shit EME is with the game and it seems they've gone full circle into Kritika and made that a huge cash grab as well. Gating everything behind EMP nullifies the Kred rebate system which is complete bullshit. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron not to see it, that or your a flagrant EME shill.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

@MajorThor said:

@KattyKira said:

@Thewolfshadow said:

@EWNMAHJEJM said:

You should have seen the epic failure that was Teras 5th Anniversary Event last year dude. It was an EMP ran golden box sale in which you could gift the golden boxes to other players for a small reward on your end. That's it, it was 100% a cash grab event for EME.

Fast forward to now, I've since quit Tera because of how shit EME is with the game and it seems they've gone full circle into Kritika and made that a huge cash grab as well. Gating everything behind EMP nullifies the Kred rebate system which is complete bullshit. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron not to see it, that or your a flagrant EME shill.

I had an epic screencap somewhere but I can't find it. their 5th anniversary guide basically said something like "Tera's 5th anniversary, here's how you can get free stuff!" And then it went to the next line and it literally said "Step 1: buy X product"

It was a fairly hilarious shitshow xD

edited October 2018

@Grievuuz said:

@MajorThor said:

@KattyKira said:

@Thewolfshadow said:

@EWNMAHJEJM said:

I had an epic screencap somewhere but I can't find it. their 5th anniversary guide basically said something like "Tera's 5th anniversary, here's how you can get free stuff!" And then it went to the next line and it literally said "Step 1: buy X product"

It was a fairly hilarious shitshow xD

I'm glad I had stopped playing TERA after the issue with the dragons... Hopefully, they don't do something like that though for any current or future events in Kritika. It's already bad enough with the scroll shop, than to add another issue like that.