We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Korean warrior and monk buffs

When will warriors and monks recieve their buffs from korea in the NA/EU version of the game? The struggle is getting real with fire lord gameplay in zones when only damage you can rely on is hell hand and that is inconsistent in the new zone for example. Also not that rewarding to cast other skills when you lose dps if you do that because the skills multipliers are too low to make an impact. Mains of the other warrior and monk subclasses post your minds on this subject as well. :)

For example with my fire lord. Us getting skill dmg into tremorstrike and cannon fist from dawn is nice and all but they make such a small impact into our dps because the skills atm are weak. The kr warrior and monk buff update fixed that with making other fire lord skills have more impact in your gameplay.

Star monk and berserker are in another level though. Fire lord and doom blade struggle with keeping their dps optimal in newer zones like the warehouse because of the bosses denying us the right to keep our hell hands and cutting waves consistent. But star monk and berserker just don't seem to have the damage to even have this "optimal" situation that fire lords and doom blades are struggling to maintain.

If nothing else the fire lord buffs would bring diversity to the class more. It feels bad when you can't rely on other skills for damage at all when they are too weak to make a difference. :'(

Comments

• Warrior and Monk KR balance changes pls.

• WIndOfSorrowWIndOfSorrow Member, KOL

i rly hope zerk class get buff, even tho im having 5.3m cr on zerk EU rank 1 and valk 2.7m still have more dmg than me its shame playing this class, lets say okay this class is tank i shouldnt do dmg but i still get one shot on the new uz ,other thing is if i use my Roar/Frenzy i get around 18m cr and that much cr and i still can't do more than 80x eeri boss, in the next update of kritika if they don't buff this class i will quit playing it and move on to valk.

• RyujinFrostRyujinFrost Member ✭✭

Save us ALLM

• My doomblade main has 3.1 mil cr and is in full intrus set. Out of all the windhome ultimate dungeons (not including secret warehouse since I can only clear normal at the moment), I've soloed and cleared pirate's den and eeri's library with dancing shadows imprint set. For eternal library, dancing shadows imprint set is good up until book golem boss and that is where cutting wave imprint set beats it no contest at all. Dancing shadows imprint set just doesn't do enough dmg so enrage timer is the number one issue here. For eeri's library, I'd like to point out that eeri's aoe safe zone decreasing in size as the fight drags on, really kills the effectiveness of dancing shadows imprint set+full intrus set. Needless to say, dancing shadows imprint set needs a huge dmg buff for it to even be on par with cutting wave imprint set+destrus set.

• HmoobLaujHmoobLauj Member
    edited November 2018

I'm no math genius but here are my suggestions on buffs for dancing shadow's imprint set and doomblade's intrus 5 set effect :

Dancing shadows
    lvl 19 dancing shadows with lvl 5 awakening :
    Total attack power increased from 12,015% to 30,037%

Phantom cross
    Cooldown decreased from 9 sec to 8 sec.
    lvl 23 phantom cross with lvl 5 awakening :
    Total attack power increased from 9,598% to 23,995%

Purgatory wave
    Cooldown decreased from 15 sec to 12 sec.
    lvl 11 purgatory wave with lvl 5 awakening (due to sp constraints, lvl 11 is the best that i could get this skill to so I'll be going off of lvl 11 here) :
    Total attack power increased from 38,700% to 58,050%
    Effects :
    Attack power at charge lvl 1 increased from 20% to 33%
    Attack power at charge lvl 2 increased from 40% to 66%
    Attack power at charge lvl 3 increased from 60% to 100%

Added effect to flying blade : cooldown reduction major imprint shard 3 set effect :
    Using purgatory wave right after dancing shadows now triggers the charged lvl 3 attack power boost and the wave's color is changed to red to indicate the charged effect.

Doomblade's intrus 5 set effect
    The 25% bonus dmg increase when there are no enemies within 10m shows up as a permanent 20 sec buff (doesn't count down) when you're far enough away. And there were times when I'm close or go up close to enemies to use my melee skills and the 25% bonus dmg buff would start counting down or just disappear as it should. I actually like the idea of the buff counting down instead of disappearing so we can still maintain that 25% bonus dmg when we go use our melee skills.
    Added effect to doomblade intrus 5 set effect :
    Buff duration decreased from 20 sec to 10 sec.
    25% bonus dmg buff decays while within 10m of the enemy.

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

FM skill damage when

• Please ALLM

• If someone could provide a link to the list of buffs that warriors and monks received, that'd be great. I'm also informed that post-korean warrior buffs, dancing shadows comes out to be 18.5k% total attack power and is still quite under powered. Buffs needs to be buffed lol.

• @HmoobLauj said:
    If someone could provide a link to the list of buffs that warriors and monks received, that'd be great. I'm also informed that post-korean warrior buffs, dancing shadows comes out to be 18.5k% total attack power and is still quite under powered. Buffs needs to be buffed lol.

They have been translated by some players. I only have the firelord ones on me though. You probably don't care about them.

• @Jerrylover said:

@HmoobLauj said:
    If someone could provide a link to the list of buffs that warriors and monks received, that'd be great. I'm also informed that post-korean warrior buffs, dancing shadows comes out to be 18.5k% total attack power and is still quite under powered. Buffs needs to be buffed lol.

They have been translated by some players. I only have the firelord ones on me though. You probably don't care about them.

You're right, I don't. Just kidding lol. One of my alts is a firelord and hes currently at 665k cr so please do post them up, I'd be nice to know what buffs firelords received.

• Those firelord buffs are HUGE. I can see why you'd want/need them since I'm not a fan of hell hand spam either cuz huge mana consumption and unreliable and inconsistent dmg. Those firelord buffs also makes my suggestions look like crap actually XD. Now if dancing shadows imprint set could receive the same amount of love....

• HmoobLaujHmoobLauj Member
    edited November 2018

I've edited my suggestions post to further increase the total attack power of both dancing shadows and phantom cross and also purgatory wave as well.

Credit goes to Valentine

Star Monk (Their imprints were also re-worked)

Void Monk

Firelord

• @Reiatzu said:
    Credit goes to Valentine

Star Monk (Their imprints were also re-worked)

Void Monk

Firelord

ah it was vale. Ty Rei.

• @HmoobLauj said:

Those firelord buffs are HUGE. I can see why you'd want/need them since I'm not a fan of hell hand spam either cuz huge mana consumption and unreliable and inconsistent dmg. Those firelord buffs also makes my suggestions look like crap actually XD. Now if dancing shadows imprint set could receive the same amount of love....

Ye the main reason I want these is because casting other skills feels like a waste sometimes when I coulda just casted a hell hand instead xd.

• RomanHolidayRomanHoliday Member, Player Moderators mod

Opening thoughts

There are some definite design flaws when it comes to the classes mentioned in this thread, and some unmentioned ones as well. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out the balance issues in Kritika and what measures could be done to fix them. Changes can be made that will not only directly buff Warrior and Monk, but other classes as well.

Before I start talking about what can be done, I'd like to establish my credibility to be able to talk about this matter. I play a lot of Kritika Online, (more than I probably should), and I have been playing since the open beta for the NA/EU version. I have also spent a good portion of my Kritika days as a council member testing out PTS patches, and taking community feedback on their characters or game status. In order to avoid burnout I have decided to gear several alts to a high capacity to further my experience and knowledge of the game. Out of the fourteen characters I possess, not a single one is below one million combat rating or level seventy, with my two mains Frost Mage and Void Monk at six million each. I have spent time to learn each class, spent resources to wrath charm all my alts, every single one can clear floor 60 of arena, and most rank in the top 10 of Fractured Memory each season. I have collected imprints (major and minor), title sets, pet sets, emblem sets, gear, and second awaken each one that could be in order to ensure this. I don't like to talk about my accomplishments often, especially in a public space like the forums but I believe it is important to set a baseline and to make sure that my credibility is not in question when I talk about important issues like class and game balance.

Moving on to the actual topic at hand, we can determine why Warriors and Monks need buffs as well as other classes. Kritika is a multiplayer game and you can shore up your weaknesses by joining together with another player, but most view it as a solo instanced dungeon crawler experience. For the purposes of this post, I will assume that the player in question is solo or doing the work by themselves with no outside help. Keep in mind that this list is encompassing for all classes and it will vary from character; here are the current problems that classes face:

-Pigeonholed into one skill or build
    -Animation locks
    -Channeling skills leaves you vulnerable
    -Lack of tools to mitigate incoming damage
    -Lack of invincibility frames
    -Fear on hat (+15 enhancement) disrupts EX moves
    -Enemies move too quickly at higher difficulties
    -Poor optimization compromises reaction time
    -Lack of tools to keep enemy in AoE moves
    -Bleed or % health damage

Pigeonholing

This is when something or someone is forced into a particular style that is too rigid and inflexible. Some good examples of pigeonholing would be Void Monk, Doomblade, Vamp, and Firelord. These classes are forced into a specific playstyle or forced to use a specific skill instead of everything else in order to be the best. When I say forced, I mean that they can use other skills or builds but the amount of loss they would experience as a result is so enormous that they would be actively nerfing themselves by not using the meta or most optimal setups and would be better off playing another class.

Void Monk is forced into using void kick in almost every situation because it is the optimal damage. While this can provide an interesting experience as you get great filler, it leaves your gameplay feeling stale after some time. Each moment you have to ask yourself if using another move is better than using void kick. Often times the answer is no, and that's how the kit is designed. Giving more damage to other skills and flexibility to work in other styles of play would enhance the experience of this class and give it more power in more situations that do not favor constantly using void kick.

Doomblade is forced into using cutting wave as that is his strongest skill (Spectral Assault spam is another pigeonhole with Dawn gear). You have some considerations like counter, iframing, or ultra breaking, but at the end of the day you cannot use another build or imprint set without compromising your damage. Doomblade has an entire archetype for ranged that isn't ignored but it isn't ever given enough love to warrant switching to it as the damage is always inferior and the utility you gain isn't enough to justify switching. Giving more freedom between range and melee would ideally allow for ranged, melee, or ranged/melee hybrids to all be viable. This would lessen the fatigue on players having to play one specific style and would open up the doors for using different builds in different areas.

Vamp has its own issues that will not be discussed in this post, but I do want to mention that it is also pigeonholed into using one skill called inferno. If you are doing anything else, you are doing sub optimal damage.

Firelord, similar to Doomblade and Void Monk is encouraged to use Hell's Hand. If they use something else, it's a damage loss.

The fix that can be done for these classes is to increase damage modifiers on underperforming skills or rework the skills to be more powerful. This will open up a variety of options to allow players to explore more skills and have a varied experience rather than just honing in on one specific skill to abuse. There are other classes that do this as well, but the four I mentioned are the most extreme examples of this outside of fringe gear specific setups. Ideally, you should have options as a player that allow you to adapt to situations and your skills should have a more even distribution of damage to allow for this kind of flexibility.

Animation locks

These are skills that force you to lock yourself down and commit to a specific action, think of them as long cast times. Most notably, Star Monk and Berzerker struggle with these animation times, leaving them vulnerable or unable to get more damage per second out of their other skills.

Star Monk is a perfect example of animation locks. You have many skills that cause you to enter a cinematic sequence in which your character performs a string of moves while you are invulnerable. After this ends, there is a period of vulnerability before you can start your next move, which can often get you killed. In addition, you cannot use other skills while the animation is up.

Berzerker has another issue with animation locks, he takes too much damage and his animations are awkward or don't work properly. Blade wheel goes through enemies instead of sticking to them, and roundup assault, while it does great damage, doesn't give you enough defense while attacking to compensate for its long cast time in which you will get mauled. These kind of animation locks and other skills like them cause Berzerker to have many issues staying alive because by the time he finishes a move, enemies will have punched him in the gut at least twice. More explanation on what can be done for Zerker will be later in the damage category, but suffice to say that he struggles with animations as well.

There are other classes with long cast times or things that take you out of the fight for a bit and these all feel bad when the game is so fast paced. Easing up on the animation locks and increasing their damage to be more worthwhile for the cost of entering the animation is something that should be done. I would also look into making iframe locks from Star Monk to chain together, and give tools to animation locks that do not have invincibility to provide more safety and ensure that certain skills will hit.

• RomanHolidayRomanHoliday Member, Player Moderators mod

Channeling skills

In a fast paced action game like Kritika, not moving is often the same as being dead. When you have a skill that causes you to channel a certain animation for a period of time, you are left vulnerable. These are very similar to animation locks and some skills like roundup assault that was previously mentioned could be considered both to an extent.

Artifex is probably the best example of channeling with their minigun skill. You enter a move and are forced to continue using the same skill for more than 5 seconds in order to continue doing damage. You do get the ability to walk around while casting and you slow the enemy while this ability is ongoing, but you aren't fast enough to dodge all incoming moves and the slow on the enemy isn't enough to keep you safe. If you cancel it at any point (to dodge) or are interrupted by the enemy, you will lose out on the rest of the duration on that skill and are not refunded any portion of the cooldown.

While ending a skill early might sound like a fringe circumstance, it does happen more often than you'd think. Giving channeling skills a refund for preemptive cancellation would help to give them more flexibility and wouldn't make them so restrictive upon use. Instead, you could buff the channeling ability so that when it is cast you can complete it reasonably often (reduced damage taken, bigger slow, faster move speed, compress the channel).

Lack of tools to mitigate damage

The two previous mentions of animation locks and channeling have one thing in common: certain classes don't have the tools their class needs in order to mitigate the damage they are taking. The cost for many skills is often considered to come at too high of a cost which leaves the skill to be used less or for the class as a whole to be labeled inferior.

People often ask why Berzerker is such a weak class despite having decent damage values, and that's because in order to maintain optimum damage the class is encouraged to take damage. However, in the NA/EU version of Kritika, you take so much damage so quickly that you are almost instantly killed even if you are considered a tanky class. Body blocking or face tanking is often a signature of warrior and monk style classes which is why they struggling in addition to some other classes.

If you are putting yourself into an animation that does not have invulnerability, you will take a huge chunk of damage from the enemy. This is often a serious consideration; to give you an example, Fire Lord is forced into using Hell's Hand as his primary source of damage which leaves him vulnerable to taking damage, and Void Monk must use Void Kick to do damage. Both of those skills are forced into your rotation and since the enemy will often obliterate you if you aren't extremely cautious, you are forced into scenarios where you lose out on damage to dodge or not use that move. While this can provide some interesting game experiences, the extent to which the enemies in Kritika deal damage is pushed too far.

Damage done to players as a whole should be toned down. Stacking SR feels rewarding if you invest very heavily into it and going from being 1 shot to 2-3 shot gives a great feeling of progression in that regard, but it severely harms certain classes that lack mobility or invincibility frames. Berzerker is a very good example of this, as he is encouraged to build survivability and take damage, however, it's very difficult to accomplish this feat with the current state of damage when he will die before he can use a couple skills. On the other hand, classes like Valkyrie who have access to a large array of iframes have no issues with any amount of survivability rating due to the nature of their class. Having high damage and one shots frustrate the player, doesn't allow them to learn patterns, and often discourages new players from continuing. We should see a giant nerf to damage in the easier stages of the game and see it slowly ramp up towards the end game, while maintaining a lesser amount than we've seen in the past to encourage learning and not spamming resurrection stones.

Ultimately, enemies should do less damage or classes should have more tools to mitigate the incoming damage properly. Aegis from Catspaw, iframes from Valkyrie and Wolf Guardian, Ice Shield from Elemancer, and Aegis from Psion are all good examples of tools that can be utilized to do this. Again, either classes need more of these or enemies simply need to do less damage as a whole.

Lack of invincibility frames

Most every class has a way to become unhittable for a period of time. Some of these classes are better at others at doing this as they have more ways to do it or the same ways but on a shorter cooldown. Valkyrie and Wolf Guardian (S tier) have many ways to become invincible in the event that something goes awry without costing them much in terms of damage output. The less fortunate classes struggle with the amount of damage they take from being in an ultra state whereas those with invincibility do not care about what attacks are coming their way. Fire Lord, Doomblade, Berzerker, Vamp, Artifex, Elemancer, Void Monk and others have difficulties dealing with incoming damage in an efficient manner. With uninterruptible purple ultra, ultra breaks are also useless which leaves you the only options to dodge around and not do damage in order to survive or hope you can tank it and spam healing potions.

Fire Lord has very few iframes and although he can counter, he requires a specific setup in order to utilize it. In addition, his primary source of damage (Hell's Hand) comes from a move that he must spam multiple times that leaves him in a state of vulnerability.

Doomblade gets prime buffs from not getting hit and has very few iframes of his own to write home about. You can ultra break with spectral assault Dawn gear and you have a counter of your own, but you run into purple ultra and you're suddenly back to hoping you don't get hit as you are unable to use a ranged build viably and are forced into melee cutting waving through the enemy.

Berzerker has a lot of animation locks and very few true iframes, leaving him vulnerable to incoming damage. Although the class is incentivized to take damage, he just can't do it properly (See lack of tools to mitigate damage).

Vamp has to constantly spam inferno in order to keep maximum damage output. This places them in a state of vulnerability and is almost akin to a channel. This leaves them vulnerable against purple as they don't have an excess of iframes to avoid thing properly.

Artifex is often forced into channeling their minigun which leaves them vulnerable

Elemancer has to facetank enemies to keep them in their most damaging move dark matter

Void Monk has indefinite iframes with void armor but struggles to deal damage in a reasonable timeframe if he is forced to constantly dodge, making all his moves less impactful with their current modifiers.

A theme to consider here is purple ultra and dodging, since a lot of fights are becoming unable to be ultra broken, classes should be given the tools to combat these purple ultra enemies. Whether this is through additional moves with iframes, special dashes, or reducing enemy damage so you can take hits, players need a method to keep doing damage while also keeping themselves safe.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

tldr, ditch the eu/na version and go back to kr one.

vindictus tried to have 2 versions for a long time, too (XE, extreme... heh)
    and they failed and merged them to the kr one...

its not economically viable to have such different versions running, you just run into problems after problems after problems....

• 4LN5LANMTK4LN5LANMTK Member, KOL

all true, but changes requires time, effort and money.. and someone who reads the forum

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

@Myrias said:
    tldr, ditch the eu/na version and go back to kr one.

vindictus tried to have 2 versions for a long time, too (XE, extreme... heh)
    and they failed and merged them to the kr one...

its not economically viable to have such different versions running, you just run into problems after problems after problems....

Our version is much better than the Korean one as someone that saw all the features the Korean version has to offer and how the game is over there i can say this with confidence.

• RyujinFrostRyujinFrost Member ✭✭

New year, New buffs. Let's have a great start!

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

New year warrior & monk buffs when !

• I agree this would be a great thing to give us at the start of 2019!

• Warrior and monk buffs or riot!

FM skill damage when