We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Windhome dailies

Hello, i want to share my opinions about dailies in windhome: they actually provides 12k gold, 30 etherforce and 10 light and fire crystals, and you can do them on multiple characters, but i think it should increase by a bit the rewards, and maybe adding new daily for black market ( maybe giving 1x Athando's essence ) and Steelbone Shipyard ( giving 1x harsilden ore ) even if character bound would be good, so we can still have some resources without relying too much on RNG since drop rates are pretty low, some extra etherforce from them would be also nice because the etherforce progression is VERY VERY slow if you don't use Whetstones IV.. and maybe in the future a daily for the new danger zone: Challenge: Hall of the ghost knight, giving few Misery Shard ( even one ) helping so new and casual players because again, rng isn't a funny thing when it's so wrong and it takes so much time to get something ( except very lucky people or who play 10+ characters ) well that's what i think, i like the game but it could be better

Comments

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Dailies all around are trash right now. They seem to still be tuned to lvl 65 and about 100k CR. They were supposed to rework dailies a few months ago and never did it. Its is even in the August patch notes saying they changed dailies (which the never did).

Windhome needs a total rework honestly. Easy is still way to hard for new 65 players and anything below INSANE drops pretty much nothing ever. Top that off by Windhome on Easy gives about as much exp as floor 30 in FM is a joke. Floor 65 in FM gives about 7-10 million exp while Easy Windhome (still hard at fresh 65) gives about 900k exp.

Having 200000 alts to runs dailies should be a small bonus, it shouldnt be required to play this game at a normal pace. RNG drops in Windhome on anything below Insane is terrible and top that off you have to:
    1.) Get the drop
    2.) have the drop be the correct armor type
    3.) Have the drop be the correct PRIME stat

then you get to
    1.) reroll for decent rolls
    2.) recalc for better roll values
    3.) grind another charm
    4.) hope to get good gem drops along the way

this is absurd.

if not the correct PRIME stat it might as well go in the toilet. Grinding a trillion FM or whatever to get another RNG chance at a PRIME stat reroll is terrible. The amount of rng on rng on rng in this game is really pushing it at this point. So many layers of bullshi* just to enjoy the game.

Remember back when you grinded Starhenge and saved up drops and daily quest rewards to build decent gear? I do. This game has become a mess of nested rng.

• 4LN5LANMTK4LN5LANMTK Member, KOL

yes it should be something like starhenge, making new gear craftable by grinding and with daily materials, more and better dailies and the prices from some npc like Maril or Scar need to be revisited too, not all players buy EMP and grind 24h especially new players :s

Also would be good if they improve reward system after you clear danger zones ( the cards ) beause only gold and superior (blue) gear it's a joke, especially in windhome (like new challenger zone) where you can get material boxes without windhome materials , only events are good

edited November 2018

itemization past 65 is not in a great state. Windhome drops nothing of use other than one set of gear that is an extremely low drop chance. Why not just drop green/blue/purple Kritium if they are going to go this route.

Put it this way....could you clear Windhome with the stuff that drops in Windhome? Like with nothing but Windhome drops...I highly doubt it. Even the purple drops are useless for anything other than Kritium. Why have an entire area of the game drop gear that is completely useless? WIndhome is useless as a leveling area becuase it is so overtuned that no one can level there without a carry and the drop rate is so bad you can not realistically farm there for items you need. You are better off running Bella or whatever and just buying the gear with how RNG the drops are. So basically you added an entire area of the game that serves zero purpose.

How did itemization get this bad? Simple really. Power scaling is completely off the charts in this game. "Endgame gear" went from 40k-50k CR to 6-7 MILLION CR in just over 1 year. So now almost everything int he game other than a very few pieces of gear is made completely useless. Couple that with the fact that our version of the game decided it had to be completely overtuned compared to every other version of this game (including the actually source version) and you end up with a game that drops nothing useful 99.99999% of the time. It is no fun running a dungeon 100-200 times a day and getting absolutely nothing useful.

the sad thing is that staff, whales and most players are fine with this and nothing will change, maybe if player council can help would be good

edited November 2018

@4LN5LANMTK said:
    the sad thing is that staff, whales and most players are fine with this and nothing will change, maybe if player council can help would be good

if you ever get on the kritika discord you can see why this has happened. It is a complete echo chamber of whales and high CR people saying "everything is fine" and complaining about stuff the majority of the players can never hope to get to the point of complaining about. What the game really needs to do at this point is look at their player council and realize it is in a need of a massive overhaul. Right now they are hearing nothing other than the top 1% of the players problems while ignoring/not even realizing the other 99% of the players real problems.

Like how did we get to a point where 65-70 leveling is so broken that you cant actually do it without a carry or a MASSIVE amount of FM runs? Because no one they listen to has any clue how crappy the game is for lower geared players. All they ever hear about is the whales/ 6 million CR players complain about how cash shop emblems suck.

They dont realize that most players couldnt care less about the stuff the 1% players do.

Most players are mad that the game is actually broken from 65-70. That drops do not exist on any content they can do. That any of the content they can actually do has zero reward since Easy/Normal might as well drop nothing.

Most folks dont care about eeking out an extra tiny amount of CR or being able to run endgame content 5 seconds faster. Most players just want to actually be able to play this game and run the content and maybe occasionally get an actual reward for doing the content.

Ask yourself this. Why do they constantly fiddle with tweaking endgame content most players cant even run without a carry Rather then work on tuning the content the majority of players can actually do? Why is ST still not possible to run in the gear you get from SH? Because the content is old and the whales have moved on. Why is Titan/Ableard still impossible for most players in the recommended gear without a carry? Why is Windhome completely useless as a leveling zone and as a farming zone for everyone other than the top 1% ? So the whales can make gold off us I guess? Other than that i have no idea why the game is in this state.

• I was around on Dicord when that whole drama situation happened. I'm assuming you were that one person in discord based on this post and your other thread. Everyone was trying to explain to you that the badges from dailies was changed to be based on CR and not level, with the threshold needing to be 10k CR to get the max rewards. While I'll agree that the rewards should be higher for higher CR players, I feel 10k CR is easily possible and understandable for anyone to reach. It's REALLY hard to not have 10k CR at least by the time you reach level 65-70 unless you aren't using level 65+ gear.

Discord isn't all about the whales and high CR players just pretending everything is fine and only listening to their high CR peers....In fact, a lot of the high CR players has problems with the game and very often voice their opinions on the game and offer suggestions, even some of the threads on here in general discussion is proof of that. If you really feel that they only listen to other high CR players, it's because those players have bigger concerns or issues that have a much greater impact on the game's success then some of the other players. Example being your concern of newer players not getting enough badges from daily (or un-geared alts) can be fixed with just getting to 10k CR which is super easy for anyone to do. Also not including how much more badges have been added into the game with Arena, Action Zone and Salvaging costumes. Obtaining badges has been a lot more reasonable now than say 6 months+ ago was.

The leveling in 65-70 can prob use a bit of an improvement I'll admit, but it can be done by yourself without the use of a carry at least. With Xandu Ext dungeons giving you almost as much as WH dungeons do now, it's much more accessible for people to do so. Yes that means you'd need to have the CR to be able to do those Xandu dungeons on Ext which was 90k CR I believe, which can be a bit more annoying for new players but the new gear you get for free at level 65 might be able to put you close to that mark so it's a bit reasonable.

The progression in this game is still a little weak for newer players, but it has made a lot of improvements over the past months. Actually scratch that, I think the progression for newer players right now is almost at where it should be, but I think what the problem really is...is the lack of guidance the game really offers the new players to understand what to do next or to upgrade next. New player's don't really understand what Appraisals to go for, or what charm or gem to use etc. Yes there are guides written by the top players, but that still requires the new players to go look for it which can be hard to find if it was posted on Discord. I mean, if they really wanted to improve the free items, maybe have it give you free Vindon set instead of SH items, which might actually be some what understandable.

But to say that the game hates new players is just wrong. There has been even more ways to get hammers added to allow you to gear up a bit more. And this is all not even including events that pops up and can help new players. Man...right now you can get a full Evo4 Deathguard set for just leveling up a new character to 70 + a powerful weapon charm and 4 +8 stones. If that's not enough, what do you expect them to do? Give out free dawn items?

Yes drops can be annoying in Blackmarket and Shipyard but those dungeons are repeatable and farmed on multiple characters every day, and if those items were dropping like crazy then the price of those items would be nothing and would kill that as an option to make gold for people. Though a very slight increase in drop rate for those 2 dungeons wouldn't hurt but it doesn't need to be much imo. As for WH ult zones, kind of got the same feeling towards that as well. Warehouse is technically the "end game" currently for players right now so you would want people to have a reason to farm it for a bit until the next ult zone comes out. If anything, I can see a small increase in drop rate for Eeri/Pirate and then when the next ult zone comes out maybe slightly increase drop rate of Eternal and maybe warehouse. Basically trying to say that after the main drops in those ult zones stop being BiS, then I can understand a slight increase in drop rate but I feel it's more or less fine the way it is. I'm just happy that they added multiple difficulties for Warehouse, and hope they continue to do so for future ult zones.

Also adding in "Most folks" in front of your concerns doesn't mean that most of the community agrees with you. You don't speak for the majority of the community, and while you might find some people that has the same concerns with the game, I doubt it's anywhere near enough to be considered "most". Did you ask people, was it just your friend's thoughts or just heard 1-2 people say it and assume everyone else has the same feelings. Adding that without any proof or even explanation just makes you look less credible.

edited November 2018

so you are saying people in SH gear should run extreme Xanadu? Good luck with that at 60k CR. See this is what I mean. People with 2,3,4,6 million CR have no idea how garbage the game is right now.

Okay now you say, just do Windhome on easy or normal. Thats fine other than the fact that is pretty much impossible at 50-75k CR and these top out at like 900k EXP and it takes 400 MILLION EXP. So you would have to do roughly 500 runs of it PER LEVEL. Starting to see a problem here? 65-66 is longer than 1-65 by a HUGE margin.

If they want to keep this path they need to make the Abelard quest at the end of missions give the Thermal weapon and the titan Quest should give 2-3 pieces of that gear. What they have effectively done at this point is ruined 65-70. 65-70 is buy carries for abelard, buy carries for titan, buy carries for eerie, buy carries for everything. It should be "play the game" not "buy carries and afk".

• BeFrostBeFrost Member ✭✭

lmfao Discord IS the pond full of whales

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

I agree with the reward system being pretty poor and drop rates could be much better and less rng intensive. I am not sure about you, but I love running shipyard for 3 days on purple rp for one drop to end up getting a piece I don't need. It would be nice if they added more fail safe ways for gear instead of rolling 1/64 for the right piece. Difficulty and rewards seemed to be too tailored around party play, but its pretty difficult finding people to party with.

I'm pretty sure end game geared players hardly say the game is fine at all, if anything they express their concerns more often, but through more appropriate channels. I'm not sure if you know this, but veteran players have been one of the most vocal groups for the past 3-6 months about poor progression for new players. During this time, we've seen increase in hammer acquisition, more badges, increase in EXP for Xanadu, Newer content with more difficulties, better leveling packages. Though I don't entirely agree with every direction they took (we don't have complete control over what Allm does, we can only send our feedback), I think it is overall better with room for improvement. For example I thought that they should have added more difficulties to older dungeons like we see with the new ones like a 50-80k Abelard and Titan or tweak windhome accessibility rather than buffing xanadu exp. However, rather than waiting for Allm/EME to make improvements or saying EME needs to do this or that, some of us older players have created community resources to try to help newer players out. I've created a few things and I know Saeki is creating a a really amazing guide himself, just limited time only allows for so much. Veteran players are also the first to answer questions for new players, especially on discord, and offer to help them as time allows. I even created a fresh account (meaning no account wide bonuses) got to 65 and tested what was feasible with the free gear and sent my feedback via council. Short answer was the starhenge gear was enough to get me to 50k CR which was enough to let me do pavillion extreme to 70 (3-4mins roughly a run), but I had the huge advantage of having knowledge of the game. So I think it's pretty ill-informed to say that veterans/older players/ high cr players/whales/what ever you want to call them doesn't care about new players. I just see quite often that Spookles post about how bad the game is and that EME/Allm HAS TO DO IT THIS WAY BECAUSE THAT's WHAT "MOST PEOEPLE" WANT. This is then followed by disagreement with some older players and then that person who disagreed apparently doesn't understand and suddenly is now labeled a whale and doesn't care about new players just because they didn't agree with Spookles. Next, the relevant conversation is derailed off course and rather than the community working together to find constructive suggestions for the current discussion, it becomes a different topic of New player vs High CR player with Spookles cherry picking people to side with him.

• J6FMCKRXXYJ6FMCKRXXY Member, KOL

It's so funny to see these whales / maxed out players claim people aren't complaining. Technically they are right on the mark, most people aren't complaining - they just leave the game. My friends list is more like a memorial, not a single person that i haven;t added in the past month ever logs in. Towns other then Xan / WH are devoid of players. And most of those are concentrated at the fishing hole.

"Yes drops can be annoying in Blackmarket and Shipyard but those dungeons are repeatable and farmed on multiple characters every day," Talk about out of touch, if you have multiple characters above 1.6m cr you are the 1%. If you don't believe that you are a moron not worth engaging in discussion.

hope we get noticed and the game improves but.. it will be hard

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

@Reiatzu said:
    I agree with the reward system being pretty poor and drop rates could be much better and less rng intensive. I am not sure about you, but I love running shipyard for 3 days on purple rp for one drop to end up getting a piece I don't need. It would be nice if they added more fail safe ways for gear instead of rolling 1/64 for the right piece. Difficulty and rewards seemed to be too tailored around party play, but its pretty difficult finding people to party with.

I'm pretty sure end game geared players hardly say the game is fine at all, if anything they express their concerns more often, but through more appropriate channels. I'm not sure if you know this, but veteran players have been one of the most vocal groups for the past 3-6 months about poor progression for new players. During this time, we've seen increase in hammer acquisition, more badges, increase in EXP for Xanadu, Newer content with more difficulties, better leveling packages. Though I don't entirely agree with every direction they took (we don't have complete control over what Allm does, we can only send our feedback), I think it is overall better with room for improvement. For example I thought that they should have added more difficulties to older dungeons like we see with the new ones like a 50-80k Abelard and Titan or tweak windhome accessibility rather than buffing xanadu exp. However, rather than waiting for Allm/EME to make improvements or saying EME needs to do this or that, some of us older players have created community resources to try to help newer players out. I've created a few things and I know Saeki is creating a a really amazing guide himself, just limited time only allows for so much. Veteran players are also the first to answer questions for new players, especially on discord, and offer to help them as time allows. I even created a fresh account (meaning no account wide bonuses) got to 65 and tested what was feasible with the free gear and sent my feedback via council. Short answer was the starhenge gear was enough to get me to 50k CR which was enough to let me do pavillion extreme to 70 (3-4mins roughly a run), but I had the huge advantage of having knowledge of the game. So I think it's pretty ill-informed to say that veterans/older players/ high cr players/whales/what ever you want to call them doesn't care about new players. I just see quite often that Spookles post about how bad the game is and that EME/Allm HAS TO DO IT THIS WAY BECAUSE THAT's WHAT "MOST PEOEPLE" WANT. This is then followed by disagreement with some older players and then that person who disagreed apparently doesn't understand and suddenly is now labeled a whale and doesn't care about new players just because they didn't agree with Spookles. Next, the relevant conversation is derailed off course and rather than the community working together to find constructive suggestions for the current discussion, it becomes a different topic of New player vs High CR player with Spookles cherry picking people to side with him.

100% Agreed.

what about we get craftable dawn gear from ores and athando essence, with enough of em making the gear we want? ok dawn gear is endgame gear atm its ok to be hard to grind but only rng? cmon, even with 100 ores/ essence would be good to have at least like vindon with runes

• @4LN5LANMTK said:
    what about we get craftable dawn gear from ores and athando essence, with enough of em making the gear we want? ok dawn gear is endgame gear atm its ok to be hard to grind but only rng? cmon, even with 100 ores/ essence would be good to have at least like vindon with runes

I can agree with Dawn gear being craftable, maybe not the gloves as they drop only from ult zones or maybe they can be crafted but obv be a lot harder to craft than the other dawn items. It is really annoying to find the right dawn items for your character, as it seems like some items just aren't dropping. I've been trying to find some one selling Destrus Cap for my Artifex for like an entire week, so having them able to be crafted can be very useful for those dawn items that just are hard to find.

@Darkrulerjoe said:

@4LN5LANMTK said:

I can agree with Dawn gear being craftable, maybe not the gloves as they drop only from ult zones or maybe they can be crafted but obv be a lot harder to craft than the other dawn items. It is really annoying to find the right dawn items for your character, as it seems like some items just aren't dropping. I've been trying to find some one selling Destrus Cap for my Artifex for like an entire week, so having them able to be crafted can be very useful for those dawn items that just are hard to find.

even gloves would be fine, whats the point in having all rng based? making lucky people rich and most people frustrated? this game has low population, we can't have this low drop rates since they are clearly designed for a more populated server ( alt chars aside ) windhome update is all about rng xD

• @4LN5LANMTK said:

@Darkrulerjoe said:

@4LN5LANMTK said:

even gloves would be fine, whats the point in having all rng based? making lucky people rich and most people frustrated? this game has low population, we can't have this low drop rates since they are clearly designed for a more populated server ( alt chars aside ) windhome update is all about rng xD

My issues at first with it being craftable was mainly for the fact that is the main reason to run Warehouse, where if you made it craftable then there would be more of them running around and have less reasons to even run Warehouse which is still the hardest ult zone and hardest content (I guess outside of maybe Step 6 or 7 Hall dungeon). Now I'd be fine with them increasing the drop rate a bit for dawn items, including gloves and I'm fine with the dawn items from hat/chest/legs/feet all being craftable. That being said, I'd prob be ok with the gloves actually being craftable if the craft was hard to get.

I just don't want the gloves to be super easy to get so that it devalues the ult zone to much and have Warehouse become the next Pirate where it's kind of like "Meh" when running it, or even worse like Eeri where it's almost pointless to run (outside of Wrath/Knight charms, and Ult Souls).

• YMF7T4L7TPYMF7T4L7TP Member, KOL

I agree that the need to buff the reward of daily in windhome, i dont do they anymore actually cuzz of the low reward. In gold and crystals