We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Fractured Memories Drop System

This was discussed and addressed before but i thought i would make a separate forum post regardless, currently the way Fractured Memories works drop wise in a party is not optimal at all the fact that the drops are split between players including Memory Shards & Etherforce encourages players to farm solo more than anything, what i think could be done here as an improvement is allowing each player to get their separate portion of Etherforce & Memory shards this was already suggested by a fellow player previously, doesn't have to include the gems and the rest of the drops but these two items in particular should be divided separately to encourage more party play in FM.

Comments

• What they should also do is optimize the game for party play because soloing fractured memory as it is right now can still be pretty bad. And when you put in up to 3 more players into the picture, lag and frame drops left and right. One of the main reason why I don't party up anymore for anything.

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

@HmoobLauj said:
    What they should also do is optimize the game for party play because soloing fractured memory as it is right now can still be pretty bad. And when you put in up to 3 more players into the picture, lag and frame drops left and right. One of the main reason why I don't party up anymore for anything.

That's a seperate issue aside from the one i am trying to bring up here given of course it is an issue and it exists and needs to be fixed no doubt. i figure some optimization will come with the later patches considering they had a UI overhaul in Korea that might improve performance quite a bit, our feedback has been heard about the performance issues though so hopefully we get a fix for it sometime in the future aswell :smile:

• RomanHolidayRomanHoliday Member, Player Moderators mod

The optimization is undoubtedly bad, as was pointed out; as was originally stated though, I do think that the drops should be for each individual player. FM is a place you go to for specific materials that you can't get elsewhere at all or as readily (Hexagrams, Memory Shards, and Etherforce crystals). Sometimes I like to do FM with my friends, even knowing how poorly optimized it is, just because it is more fun that way. Having these drops that they are looking for be rolled upon, discourages them from doing so. This ends up with 4 of us in a voice call, but we're all separately doing fractured memory because it's more beneficial to us. Most other zones are done with individual drops and I'd like to see FM do that as well, it would make for a much more party friendly experience.

• KattyKiraKattyKira Member, KOL

Agreed with you @RomanHoliday , a few of my friends were so brand new to the game they didn't realize that a part of the game had the rolling for all drops. I took them on their first FM and we got the same amount of drops that drop when I solo it, but that amount was rolled through 4 people... So hardly anyone got anything from it. Ever since then, they solo it. Lesson learned the hard way for them.

I don't see a point in having drops that are rolled for in any mode. If you take the time to run it and waste the materials to make a key crystal to access it, then you should be guarantee to have drops at the same rate as any other aspect of the game. The best way to make the game more party oriented would be to aim for making everything including FM better for parties and a good drop rate no matter if you solo or party up with 2 or more people.

Also, there other optimizations I admit that can be done to FM, but when it comes to drop rate and the roll system, it needs a lot of work.