We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

[Off-topic] Post your luck during enchant

I'd like to see how "lucky" you guys are when you're trying to enchant your items.

Comments

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

I once failed 4 times to +1 a low level item.
    I once failed 20+ times to +9 a +8 low level item.
    In all my time enchanting, I think I got a +15 once and never again.

I feel that higher enchant numbers should always have a high chance of failing. But when this high failure chance is so present in low enchant numbers, it's extremely vexing for people who don't find enchanting as a good activity in the first place. This is I suppose why other versions of this game gift those sure shot+9 whetstones like candy.

Also, why is this thread labeled "off topic"?

• Arnica1991Arnica1991 Member, KOL

I thought it would be better if I marked it as Off topic, since most posts are serious questions about the game.
    Low level gear and lower enchantments are surprisingly hard sometimes. Shouldn't be like that in my opinion. As you guys saw, I got 10% to +3 an item. That's absurd. Lucky me I had lots of Whetstones. New players would be discouraged facing things like that.

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭

i got to over +20 enchanting bonus one time trying to get to 14 or 15. It was really annoying. Logged out for the day, next day got it within the first few tries.

My opinion on enchanting is it should be harder to get materials, but fail MUCH less. There is absolutely no reason to have to stand at the enchanting machine and fail for 30 minutes straight. Its just a waste of time and extremely annoying. Not saying enchanting should be easier or harder than it is right now, but it just needs to fail less often. Nothing can drive me up the wall faster than hearing that failed noise 50 times in a row and watching my stockpile of hammers, stones and money vanish.

True. It would be nice to have some changes on the enchantment system. It's really bothersome to use a lot of money and hammers just to see it fail like 50 times in a row to get it to +9, for example.

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭
    edited January 20

@Nopi Following the main quest line alone awards you with quite alot of +8 sureshot whetstones per character, i'm guessing that was to serve the exact issue you guys are discussing atm, just follow the main quest at the starhenge part you get awarded with the stones :)

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@ForgetMercy said:
    @Nopi Following the main quest line alone awards you with quite alot of +8 sureshot whetstones per character, i'm guessing that was to serve the exact issue you guys are discussing atm, just follow the main quest at the starhenge part you get awarded with the stones :)

Done the story with my main and a bunch of alts already. I didn't mention the +8s because I supposed that's common knowledge. But before those freebies, it's hard to kill a boss with a +3 blue weapon (if unlucky enough to not get a yellow, or being enough of a newbie to not know or not be able to craft a Mirage yellow). I know this is to favor team play, since those enemies don't scale with player numbers as far as I know. But most people nowadays just try to solo everything (on Insane difficulty) until end game. I say this because on all my runs through the leveling content, I have had the need to enchant just to be able to keep up with the stages and gather exp more efficiently.

In other versions of Kritika (or at least on SEA where I played a bit), you are given at least one or two +9 stones early in the game. I think by level 35, you are already rocking mostly yellow +9 gear. Back to NA, after you are given all those +8 rocks, story does go a tad smoother. Still, to solo it on anything other than normal, you would need much more than +8 in most cases. Most if you are a newbie not completely knowledgeable to the game's mechanics.

I don't know why give these stones instead of just make everything up to +9 easier. But that's how it's been playing so far. I suppose the devs feel it best to show people something shiny, than to ease their opportunity to get their feet wet for a chance.

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭

My thermalar took about 500 enhancing attempts from +20 to +21.

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

@nopi on KR they give you a weapon that you can evolve with you as you level to help you level faster / clear insane dungeons, i don't think that would be a bad change to add to our version aswell to ease the leveling process even more but in my opinion the leveling process was made quite easy by them removing all the RP costs for experience already so i guess that would be making kind of too easy but i still wouldn't mind the change.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@ForgetMercy said:
    @nopi on KR they give you a weapon that you can evolve with you as you level to help you level faster / clear insane dungeons, i don't think that would be a bad change to add to our version aswell to ease the leveling process even more but in my opinion the leveling process was made quite easy by them removing all the RP costs for experience already so i guess that would be making kind of too easy but i still wouldn't mind the change.

Yeah. I agree leveling is much smoother now than it was before. And if you use Elite, you will be outleveling most early content and you can do windhome on normal and end up hitting 70 just as you finish the main quest and all regular side quests. BUT that's for someone with a bit of experience in the game already. A total newbie will still struggle here and there, so I'd still feel that easing up enchanting would be a good step. I'm personally against the mere handing of +anything stones. They can come from some non cash shop in game rng or whatever. But people should get used to enchanting stuff while they level. I fear all the current rates do is scare some people away. Just imagine a total newb on his first ever visit to the anvil just to fail to +1 something 4 times in a row...

As for the leveling experience itself, as a game gets older, the devs can decide if they want to keep the initial leveling experience intact (like Lineage 2 classic for example), or revamp it to get people into end game faster (Tera, as the other example).

• F35TACFENWF35TACFENW Member, KOL

i spend more than 3147 hammers to get my themalar from 20 to 21 and all of them fail waste about 27m plus the grey stones plus some other hammers form 19 to 20 and about 2 hour all that for nothing the funny thing while i level it a player get his 3 accss from 19 to 21 what a fair game i wonder how this game explain balance and fair between players if any can explain just comment about that and i quite the game cause of that good luck to other players btw my themalar was 21% ehance from 18 to 19 how can i keep play game like that ?

edited February 1

Here's my latest lucky attempt.
    http://tinypic.com/r/lv2wh/9

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

That's more or less my usual luck with low level stuff. Also, that Belon Knife's special property... lulz!

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited February 4

@Nopi said:
    That's more or less my usual luck with low level stuff. Also, that Belon Knife's special property... lulz!

Makes me think of the leveling weapon I had that had like a 1% chance to do 1000% damage. I miss all the crazy leveling weapon special abilities. I guess they are hard to balance though. Remember the Greenleaf weapon Arena disaster when they ended up closing Arena for like a month?

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@Spookles said:

@Nopi said:

Makes me think of the leveling weapon I had that had like a 1% chance to do 1000% damage. I miss all the crazy leveling weapon special abilities. I guess they are hard to balance though. Remember the Greenleaf weapon Arena disaster when they ended up closing Arena for like a month?

At least those had a chance to work. This one would only work for someone cheap enough to not swap away from a level 25 weapon by the time he gets access to EX skills...

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

I think I had an item at 28% at one point way back on like a + 6 kholdor boots or something. Never had high correction % on the higher + levels, but it seems to come up more often on the lower +'s.