We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

We need optimization BADLY!

Hey guys, a little about me first.

My name is Labeli or MonkeyFTW103. I'm a streamer/content creator for Kritika Online and EME Partner.

Over the course of 1.5 years I've been playing the game has consistently had issues with the frame rate
It has now gotten so bad for me that i feel a post is needed on this topic. I pretty much sound like a broken record at this point
since this issue is being talked about a lot. But the fact that nothing has really been done to change it is honestly frustrating.

I admit we have gotten several improvements to name a few.

The UI has been fixed up to multiple times
Fractured Memories had the monster density lowered and allowed for better frame rate overall

But even this isn't enough for when the game moves into party play and even solo play at times suffers from frame rate issues.

Known issues:
The Fractured Memories Cooldown Reduction Ability makes your frame rate drop dramatically
Being in a party makes you almost unable to play since the frame rate can go as low as 10 FPS for some people
Fractured Memories still has issues with the frame rate
The Darkfall skill from the Void Monk Second Awakening lowers the frame rate to the point of seeing the game as a slideshow
Streaming the game or Recording lowers the frame rate to the point of being impossible to make videos or streams for the game

This is just some of the issues i can name off the top of my head.

I know you shouldn't compared versions BUT. The Korean version of Kritika Online runs a lot smoother even when streaming it.
So there has to be something totally wrong here with either the servers or the client.

Constantly playing under these conditions have lowered my desire to stream or even make video guides for the game.
Since i end up with a massive headache playing for hours with these issues.

I truly do love this game and want it to be something bigger. But the optimization should really be addressed sooner rather than later at this point.

I would like to hear what the community has to say about this. So please leave a comment about the troubles you have been running into personally.

Best regards
EME Partner Labeli

Comments

• tosktosk Member

I cannot stress how much discouraging it is to come back and play Kritika after you just played a session or two of ANY OTHER relevant GAME on the market. Transition from fluid gameplay into a stutter fest is beyond frustrating.
    As a Void Monk main, i can't count how many times a "perfect" run was ruined because of these performance issues in both Arena AND FM. Not even mentioning his kit... Darkfall is unusable, literally turning your gameplay into an actual slideshow, like Labeli mentioned.
    FM performance is a freaking joke. "Optimized" it? What a joke. For me, with a mediocre-tier PC (running Kritika in the background + playing videos on YouTube for several hours non-stop + playing League of Legends ALL at the same time gives me ~100-140 fps or more in LoL)

The lag in Kritika also affects abilities, so if you happen to stutter on the cast, say good bye to damage / cc or w/e was the ability for and say hello to the cooldown.

It's bad. Very bad.
    The game will soon be 6 years old. Think for a minute and let that sink in.

• HmoobLaujHmoobLauj Member

Yup, which is why I solo like 99% of the time. Even soloing, it gets pretty bad quite frequently so I don't even want to put up with party play. Frame drop and lag while you were using a skill?, well, thats too bad cuz skill animation still kind of went off and the best part is that no dmg was done to the mobs and skill goes on cooldown. Tons of "da fck?" moments.

• MajorThorMajorThor Member ✭✭

I AM MAJORMAXIM AND I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE

• 4LN5LANMTK4LN5LANMTK Member, KOL

disabling allies skill visual effects would help alot, or some different graphic options, then an overall optimization is indeed needed

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

As a 100% solo ultra casual, the one issue I see with frame drops is when picking up items. Each pickup makes the screen have a mini seizure, pretty much freezing it for a tiny fraction. So when picking a bunch of items, everything grinds to a halt and there's a potential to crash.

• LabeliLabeli Member, KOL

@Nopi said:
    As a 100% solo ultra casual, the one issue I see with frame drops is when picking up items. Each pickup makes the screen have a mini seizure, pretty much freezing it for a tiny fraction. So when picking a bunch of items, everything grinds to a halt and there's a potential to crash.

I have actually had the game crash off of pretty much anything during solo play. But yeah, solo play usually handles the frame rate quite well. I personally don't have any issues with frame rate when looting items though, when going solo.

• WulfyEUWulfyEU Member, KOL

The only thing i have waited since we got WG 2nd awakening is optimization.
    Game crashing 2-3 times daily. Before it was mostly only after few days fishing, now cant even play 3h without having a risk to crash even in solo play.
    I support this idea and waiting for optimization in the near future. Feels bad to recommend this game when it doesnt feel like 2019 game...

• destROYer2357destROYer2357 Member, KOL
    edited February 9

I can approve of this to the fullest. I even LOVED this game to like grind day and night even with the lags. It got me nowhere. It just ends up in frustration. Feels like hell, so I quit and am happy I made this decision.
    EDIT: Kritika EME is like, Cartoon with 2019 AAA performance on a low end PC setup.

• YMF7T4L7TPYMF7T4L7TP Member, KOL

For me labeli, this isnt enough. the game is just only for super high geared people. I stay what i have said before.

@YMF7T4L7TP said:
    For me labeli, this isnt enough. the game is just only for super high geared people. I stay what i have said before.

How so? and isn't the point of any mmorpg to gear yourself up to be able to do higher difficulty dungeons for the best rewards? Because if everything was easy and made for low geared players, whats the point of even playing and gearing up?

• 4LN5LANMTK4LN5LANMTK Member, KOL

not sure if they can actually optimize it, they could at least add some options that you and party memebrs skills are completetly invisible, and the fact that you have to host the party sure it wont help

HmoobLauj ✭
    How so? and isn't the point of any mmorpg to gear yourself up to be able to do higher difficulty dungeons for the best rewards? Because if everything was easy and made for low geared players, whats the point of even playing and gearing up?

You do realise that the population is pretty low because of this. You might be a hardcore player, but 90% isn't that. Like myself, i stopped with this game because of this you know:P. only hihgher higher higher higher gear, will fail the game. In the beginning , i really thought 2million CR was incredible awesome. But now you see 6mil 8mil etc. Its just make me..... uhmmm why did i go so far ( it cost a lot of time to reach that) and i dont even have something cuzzi still cant do those ultimatedungeons ( like eternal library) where you need that unrealistic CR or not even spoken about those other dungeons where you need more than 3mil+ CR to 8 mil.

lets make an example, a game with lv 200, do you think a new player wanna go that far? Or a gear with such a mount of time to invest. I dont think so:P The game must get that end goal for everyone available and not only for the non lifers players or pay to win.

Same as cabal online, aion, blade and soul etc. All people quite those games pure because of it and when they make such a high gear, then they make the game pay to win. A good game can be whitout of the system pay to win.

Its just annoying, the game lost his charm. Even though it can be fixed, but they must want to.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

If you are looking for a game that has an easy to access end-game, the MMORPG genre is not for you as a whole. Battle royale/ hero shooter / DOTA type games are better suited for you.

@YMF7T4L7TP said:
    HmoobLauj ✭

You do realise that the population is pretty low because of this. You might be a hardcore player, but 90% isn't that. Like myself, i stopped with this game because of this you know:P. only hihgher higher higher higher gear, will fail the game. In the beginning , i really thought 2million CR was incredible awesome. But now you see 6mil 8mil etc. Its just make me..... uhmmm why did i go so far ( it cost a lot of time to reach that) and i dont even have something cuzzi still cant do those ultimatedungeons ( like eternal library) where you need that unrealistic CR or not even spoken about those other dungeons where you need more than 3mil+ CR to 8 mil.

lets make an example, a game with lv 200, do you think a new player wanna go that far? Or a gear with such a mount of time to invest. I dont think so:P The game must get that end goal for everyone available and not only for the non lifers players or pay to win.

Same as cabal online, aion, blade and soul etc. All people quite those games pure because of it and when they make such a high gear, then they make the game pay to win. A good game can be whitout of the system pay to win.

Its just annoying, the game lost his charm. Even though it can be fixed, but they must want to.

Kritika isn't anywhere near pay to win and I highly doubt its because of high cr and stronger gear that made the population low. Seems to me like people just don't want to put in the effort and time, which is understandable. Just goes to show that they were never really into the game. I don't know about you but when I see people who has higher cr than me, my mindset is, "Damn, I want to be that strong too." and not the other way around. Anyways, I was just curious as a whole lot of people have your mindset and I could go on about how its much better now and that but I'll just end my part here as it has nothing to do with the intent of the original post.

Tjah everyone his opinion heh X).