We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Some feedback from a Veteran

Hello everyone. I've been seeing alot of mixed opinions on the forums regarding the recent content so i decided to give my input on how things are currently on the game and some of the positives and negatives of the recent patches that we've had and the needed improvements, i'm one of the older players on EU my IGN is InnerDemon and needless to say I know quite alot about the game.

Positives:

1- The Quest gear which is absolutely great for returning or new players the gear offers you a smooth transition into the game as it evolves with you. The armour set goes up to Evo1 Reide and the Acessories go all the way to Evo3 Deathguards which puts you at quite a decent CR to start out, it's also very good for the older players as it offers you some very solid alt character sets.

2- The Challenger Square bracket/Prophetic gear has extremely good drop rates and offers you a way to transition to prime gear. Step one farm is quite quick and with a 50% potion or in a party you're bound to drop a couple of them it doesn't really take that long to farm the sets up and they offer a very good boost, alot of people put together farm parties and you're bound to find step 1 farms during the day so it's also a very good way to get the community to play together.

3-The gear evolution system which has you evolve one set of gear into the next for a gold/material cost which i personally think is a great improvement (you basically avoid all the drop rate RNG) and you just evolve one set into the next which is another good step forward (I'm aware of the gold cost problems)

4- Quite a few things have been made easier to get compared to before like the badges for example which is a much faster process than it used to be with green badges being purchasable from NPCs. Action zones dropping badges and arena giving a ton of them. the amount of hammers you gain daily has been increased significantly from the NPCs. Daily Dungeons have been revamped for better rewards across the week.

5- The recent events have been quite helpful in easing out the tedious farm process for the end game gear with providing daily materials and some very useful stuff that will help you along for example the Alandra Merchant Event which was extended recently by community requests, just getting the items from that event daily guarantees you enough materials for the current best set of acessories in the game along with its evo1.

6- Material drop rates have been increased in Steel bone shipyard and Blackmarket which makes it easy to farm the evolution material for your Dawn set to transition it to the Elemental Tuner which is the current best set in the game. Dawn gear was made easier to obtain by making the sets tradable from Hexagrams and increasing the rates of obtaining them from memory shards so Dawn gear circulating in game was made possible again with these changes.

7- Fractured memories changes have been some of my favorite, Etherforce drops in abundance in Fractured memories throughout the floors, some of the best gear is also obtainable through FM, by getting your event whetstones from Alandra daily along with login, FM boxes, Arena boxes you can make very good progress on your Etherforce, Fractured memories farm never feels like a waste of time.

8- Multiple Difficulties being added to dungeons was a great change aswell making it possible to play through the Ultimate zones or Challenge zones throughout a wide CR range which made it accessible to a much larger playerbase.

Negatives & Improvements:

1- First problem that i believe needs to be addressed in the game and i hate to sound like a broken record is the optimization i believe that's something that needs to be rushed immediately. Korea has had UI improvements among other things which i believe should be a priority for us aswell. Kritika suffers from alot of lag and frame issues especially in party play and more crowded dungeons those changes should help improve the issue quite alot.

2- Second problem is the class balancing in game, i believe class balance should be rushed and prioritized in patches to provide more enjoyable gameplay for all the classes and not making you feel like you got punished for picking a certain class and then the class turning out to be too weak to play through the end game content, we can all agree that the most enjoyable part of Kritika is the combat it provides and all the classes are extremely unique so some of them not being viable or as good as others can be very discouraging.

3- Third problem is the gold generation within the game (Which i see alot of people complain about recently) with the amount of gold you can farm ingame right now in an efficient time frame you are barely getting by with the massive costs on gear evolution among other things, now a fellow experienced player and friend has already made a post and it had quite alot of good suggestions on it i do recommend checking it out https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/5954/gold-costs-for-gear-evolution#latest. Some of the things i liked from that post personally were the gears being removed from the cards in dungeon and the weekly gold dungeon suggestions.

4- Fourth problem is the bugs that have been ignored for a very long time now i know these bugs are not game breaking or anything but the small bugs can pile up overtime and be extremely annoying throughout your gameplay experience, for example pet gems that can't be extended, +20 properties that aren't working, and some dungeon boss mechanics (The Shark in Ultimate Memories digging underground and never coming up) that are just all over the place, these are only some examples there's quite a few more bugs to discuss but i am just trying to get my point through.

5- A guide link should definitely be added ingame to help out newplayers, a fellow member of the community made quite a large guide for the game and it has alot of important information in it, i think something like that should be implemented within the game for clarity, the guide is on the forums and on the official En Masse discord implementing a link for it ingame wouldn't be a bad idea either. Saeki's Masterbook https://kritika-guides.com/

6- Reducing some of the RNG elements in the game would be a quite nice improvement i've mentioned that earlier in my post but changes like the gear evolving into the next are very much appreciated, another example would be the artifact crate considering that it has been out for a while it should be made easier to obtain but it's still something you have to rng from a box and it's untradable throughout your account ontop of that.

That's all i've had in mind right now obviously you can state any other improvements, negatives or positives you see in the game on this post aswell and see you around ingame.

Comments

• WulfyEUWulfyEU Member, KOL

I support these ideas! We need these improvements as soon as possible!

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited February 6

I wish whenever they came out with new dungeons and even going back to some of the older stuff, they would add like a miniguide or something that tells what the boss abilities are. When i first started trying the challenge zones I blew through a mountain of revives just trying to figure out what was actually going on. Some dungeons I still dont even understand the mechanics, luckily I can blow through a lot of older stuff without even knowing them. Having limited revives makes "learning fights" extremely annoying, especially since a lot of content the bosses reset all the way back to 100% HP when you die now. It's very hard to learn fights when the indicators arent very clear sometimes and a lot of the mechanics are straight up one-shot abilities.

• PP597W94LAPP597W94LA Member, KOL

your positives only benefits the veteran player

takes months to arrange 18 soul rank gem 7 in the game.

takes months for a player (not whale) to wrap the purple badge.

It takes weeks (to be unlucky) to complete the imprint.

it takes a lot of time and gold to do the etherforce (most take the first one and give it away from the others)

there are many pet (sold for 100 ~ 500m gold) that even whale should spend a lot for complete.

en masse is probably listening to feedback from veterans like you.

but look how the game stayed ...

every day some playes are coming out of the game and when it does not have many players and not worth just keep it active. End of the game.

and sincerely the event of alandra that gives the item and the "only" reason to have player still in the Kritika.

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

@PP597W94LA said:

it takes a lot of time and gold to do the etherforce (most take the first one and give it away from the others)

there are many pet (sold for 100 ~ 500m gold) that even whale should spend a lot for complete.

every day some playes are coming out of the game and when it does not have many players and not worth just keep it active. End of the game.

and sincerely the event of alandra that gives the item and the "only" reason to have player still in the Kritika.

How is his feedback on improving class balance, better optimization for UI, better gold acquisition, bugs, less rng, and a link to a guide to help new players a VETERAN problem.

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭
    edited February 7

@PP597W94LA said:

Rank 7 gems are meant to take a while considering they are your end game gems and you can obtain them via arena, farming FM to speed up the process massively, badges have nothing to do with being a whale or spending money on the game if you have problems acquiring purple badges that is your own and not the game's fault, badges were made very easy to farm in several ways, Imprint system has a fail safe that lets you craft a major imprint every week (assuming you don't get lucky with the high drop rates that were boosted several times) you also get a free major imprint from the story and another random one from the story later on, Etherforce is free of charge when you use purple whetstones to lvl it which are given free from several events right now, pets have all gotten relatively cheaper with the massive evo gold sinks in the game right now, seems to me that most of these problems are related to the way you are playing the game try to re-think your methods and maybe read a guide.

• AganiceAganice Member
    edited February 7

@PP597W94LA said:

If you want full T7 gems, full legendary badges and full etherforce within a day, then just go play on the PTS.
    It wouldn't surprise me if you're one of those kind of people who'd already quit the game if you haven't gotten a +21 item in less than 10k stability, despite all the spoonfeeding that we're getting lately.
    Try to get all these badges, gems and imprints when we had only half of the resources we can get daily. I dare you.

• SaekiiSaekii Member, KOL

These are really great. I've been sitting on something similar to this but, Since you touched on a lot of the negatives I'll mainly post what I think can be improved on.

Inventory Changes:
    -Buyable pages for increased space. (Shareable through all characters as well as character storage capacity or buyable through kred instead of emp)
    I believe this could help a lot of people who like to store things in their inventory and don't have the bank space for it.

-A Lock Item button to keep from accidental Discard or Salvage.
    This is a common sense thing that can be added to help players from accidentally destroying important pieces of equipment/costumes etc. I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented yet since I've seen it throughout many games.

-Shared Resurrection stones through all characters.
    Just a simple request I feel would be nice to have through all alts.

-(Bound) Items tradeable through account storage.
    Having multiple of the same item that take up 2~4 slots is kind of unproductive when (Bound) listed items could just be under the (account) category which you could share with all of your characters instead of being locked to a character you may not need them on.

-Costume Item Unseal: Allowing you to make a Costume/Accent related item tradeable via this item.
    Simple and self-explanatory cash item that could be added.

-Ability to sort (Alphabetically, By slot, by Grade, etc.)
    Self-Explanatory

Equipment/Crafting
    -Lower Evolution Costs
    Self-explanatory and Inner pretty much touched on everything that needed to be said about it.

-Make higher tier gear tradeable
    I think this is a nice thing that could be implemented to help cure some of the rng work necessary to progress in the game. This being said it shouldn't be for every equipment set ex. [Memorial] parts from FM but, mainly [Ultimate Zones] or [Challenger Zones] would help.

Returning Users:
    -A welcome back pack to help returning users get back on track. Ex: Elite 3~15 days, Temporary costume, Ect.
    I think this would be a nice way to help some players get back into the game. I've seen Eme try a few of these events before which helped a lot of players stay active with in the game for a nice bit of time. I think if they could implement this as a permanent thing for players who are willing to give the game another chance would be a step in the right direction.

Dyes:
    -Color Wheel
    I feel this could be a nice change instead of adding new dyes every now and then why not just have a wheel with every color instead of having to worry about adding in colors every time. I guess you could add a basic and premium wheel and charge more dye points for the respective wheels.

-More dyeable parts on costumes.
    Just a customization pet peeve of mine.

Emblems/Titles
    -Making [CP] Level account shared (But, not carrying over emblems to the characters) Activated after Lv.65/70 for balance reasons.)
    I feel this would help people with stat increasing if you've already gotten the emblems/titles on one character. I feel you should still be able to access the [CP] buff but still need the emblem for the base stats.

-Better Optimization for Dungeon Play / Party Play ect.
    Inner touched on this already, So no need to elaborate.

Costumes:
    -A easier way for players to obtain costumes maybe through [Kagerfeld] again using [Average Badges] or a costume [Item Combiner] option for costumes.
    I remember when this was around it was a really good idea for newer players who didn't know if they wanted to support the game right away and had a means of getting some costume parts with out too much trouble. I feel they should bring this back even if it's limited per day with a higher badge count.

Dungeons:
    -Adding more exciting maps for dungeons since most feel like a run and gun instance. (Maybe adding some dungeons similar to some of the [Wolfshadow] areas)
    I feel this would be a nice change since most of the dungeons feel uninspired and are mostly just gear checks for difficulty.

-Adding new and more difficult [Intrusion] bosses for [Windhome] and maybe some [Intrusions] inside [Ultimate Zones] for a change in pace.
    Adding higher leveled and my difficult [Intrusions] would be neat and maybe a way for inspire some players to party up and tackle it. Seeing how these are only in maps with a avoidable route might be difficult though. but it's a nice idea.

-A weekly or event type dungeon that has special rewards like (High amounts of gold, Kred amounts 5,10,30, Rare chance average/superior/rare grade pets, Costume boxes like through [Maril])
    I think this would be a good idea to introduce more Gold/Pets into the server for players who aren't paying for them. and seeing how much benefit collecting pets gives you I feel there should be a better way of tackling that situation see as you can mix pets in the [Item Combiner].

_-Adding cutscenes (Similar to Prodigy story) for each character to further enhance leveling alternate characters instead of chat bubbles over the interface. _
    Just a wishful thinking idea.

-Adding a better gold drop rate in higher level dungeons Ex. (Changing Challenger Zone [Blue Gear] cards into gold)
    A better way to introduce gold into the server.

Event:
    -Certain items not having expiration for events (Ex: Hammers, Recalc/Reapp scrolls, ect.)

Seeing as you have a ton of items you gain from even only lasting a month (or through the event period) while you store them up for the next new thing that comes along is kind of fustrating. I feel a better use for these is to make these (account) bound items that you can keep on your character instead of just deleting them. Something I think you could take away through events is exchangeable potions or crafting items delivered or gathered through dungeons in the event period.

-More community Inspired/Friendly events.

Recently in my personal opinion the Kritoken events have taken over the priority on regular events. It's not really a problem when it's more of a backseat to the main event Ex. (Prodigy or Archer events) for players who aren't paying for things. but, when it takes front seat making people feel they need to pay for these bundles just to participate in a event. It's something that could be worked on and some neat events could be the outcome of it if they took inspiration from what the community wanted to see. Ex. (Roman's What you'd like to see in community events post): https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/5976/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-your-community-events#latest

Misc.
    Fixing bugs with more hotfixes, that are known to be persisting.
    Better advertising to know creators/websites to promote the game. Ex. (The Opperta free costume giveaway)
    Lowering Evo costs/Crafting fees with newer content Ex. (Paying 100m for Empress Craft when it's needed to progress higher and purely rng for a drop.)
    Class Imbalances (Buffs to Lower tier classes)

edited February 21

@Saekii said:
    -Adding new and more difficult [Intrusion] bosses for [Windhome] and maybe some [Intrusions] inside [Ultimate Zones] for a change in pace.
    Adding higher leveled and my difficult [Intrusions] would be neat and maybe a way for inspire some players to party up and tackle it. Seeing how these are only in maps with a avoidable route might be difficult though. but it's a nice idea.

>

Not sure if they could do random Intrusions since like you said there isnt a spare room that you can skip. What they could do though is make letters runs available for Windhome (forced intrusions). This way you wouldnt get random ones, but you could do letters runs for intrusions if you wanted to. Right now letters runs are not really worth doing. They would need better rewards if they were added to Windhome.

I also think it is WAY past time to update the gem dailies. At least to tier 2-4. Right now you get tier 1-3. I also think they have done a great job adding more sources for Hammers, Whetstones, and Reappraisal scrolls, but we are still very limited on Recalculation Scrolls. perhaps get rid of the 15 Red Boss Souls for 150 Reappraisals from the daily vendor and change it to Recalculation Scrolls, since you can buy 300 Reappraisals right above it for 8 Boss Souls. Also, the 1 revive stone a day from Alandra daily coin is kinda weak, considering the other thing you can buy is a 250 hammer, maybe change it to 3 or 5 stones?

I 100% agree with adding the costumes back to the COSTUME VENDOR. Heck they could even cost 15 Blue Badges and that would be okay, just add them back (especially the Club Queen costume since that costume is completely unavailable anymore since you removed the costumes from the badge shop and didnt add this costume to the Kredd shop.

• HijikiriHijikiri Member, KOL

So im going to play Devils advocate on this topic and go onto 3rd base on this one. I'm a veteran as well. I don't know about you folks. But I am sure the newbies would rather like to see a topic that would help them. But hey its freedom of speech and this category isn't called "Rants and Rave" lol. If you come in positive and comment with positive things. Maybe folks will look at the game and actually make an effort in the game. But if all you see is "the game sucks, the game is dead, why aren't there any people in the game". What do you think folks will realize when they log onto the game and see no one. They will remember your post. Thats what they'll do. A negative mindset. Breeds a lazy attitude. Makes sense??
    Hey i know im preaching to the choir here. But I am one of many (can't tell you how many at the moment) that likes the game for what it is. Im not a big socialite like some folks i see in the game. Who would rather chat, complain, blah blah in the game. I play to challenge myself. If I can get to the top exhausting my resources.
    Hey if you a spoon feeder, then by all means. Get your info thru devious means, use them nice folks in game to get to your goal. In the end, you'll know if you want to stay or not.
    I wish I can backup what I say in here since I am a vet and provide some insight on alot of topics about gear. But to be honest. I work for a living and play this game to destress.
    Positive posts is all I ask. But again feel free to post what is on your mind.

See ya laterz alligatorz!!! =) B) :# :D

• DarkrulerjoeDarkrulerjoe Member

We aren't making these types of posts to try to scare potential new players into not joining or to circlejerk the people that quit and just want to hate on the game. We make these types of posts to have a place where we can document what we feel should be looked at/changed so that EME/Allm can see what the issues are with the game. Since our version is very different than KR version, and no one from EME really plays Kritika, it's basically up to us to let them know of any real issues with the game, or balancing etc.

Yes we would all love to just make super positive love threads about the game, but tbh that would just be us lying pretending there isn't problems with it and would give EME and Allm (which was confirmed that they check our forums from time to time) the wrong impression thinking the game is perfectly fine when it's not. Now I'm not gonna say the game is in a massively bad state or terrible but it does need attention, and needs more effort from both EME and Allm and quickly.

With that said, all the suggestions that was listed in this thread are great ideas and would love to see most of them. Though if I were to say what should be the first things they need to work on to keep this game going would be fix some of the bugs (like Pet gems, Shark in Ult Memories), better optimization so we don't freeze every few seconds, and actually new content for us to do since the only thing we had for like 2 months was Ultimate Memories and Alandra event....not much reason people have to log on outside of maybe doing their Ult zones and logging off for a week.

because you do not look at the cover photo of youtube en masse I see CLosers online,tera online, breach.
    even the official facebook of them does not have the "kritika online" in the cover photo;
    it is already a sign that they gave up the kritika
    they're just taking money from fanboy who still plays.

edited March 2

@PP597W94LA said:
    because you do not look at the cover photo of youtube en masse I see CLosers online,tera online, breach.
    even the official facebook of them does not have the "kritika online" in the cover photo;
    it is already a sign that they gave up the kritika
    they're just taking money from fanboy who still plays.

Thast pretty funny that Kritika isnt even in their banner on youtube or twitter.

With the lack of content and communication I have a pretty bad feeling about the future of this game. They will probably squeeze out a couple more content patches and then shift to maintenance mode (milk the whales mode) until En Masses' contract with ALLM runs out and then they will be done with this game. En Masse isn't shy about dumping games when they aren't doing at least decent. They dumped ZMR and AVA just last year. Fairly sure just by looking at various things like their community interaction here vs their other games, the slow down of content, the loss of over 38% of the playerbase on steamcharts last month...we can see where this is headed.

Compare this to Closers its like night and day. They get constant interaction from En Masse, tons of events, fairly quick content patch cycle. It really does feel like they just gave up here. Smorcerer and Knoxxer used to do the same here on Kritika, but every since Closers came out they have kinda disappeared from here and now with Breach, they are even less interactive here.

There is a ton of stuff they could do to help this game, but without people playing and dumping money into the game, what reason do they have to do so? Kritika is certainly a fun game, but it has a ton of problems. A lot of problems they have at least made some effort to fix, but even after doing so, this game just isn't catching on. Maybe some advertising would help? Not sure what they can do. I know these type of games will never be huge (especially in the west), but if you look at a game like Soulworker who averages about 10 times the playerbase as kritika, these games can at least do okay if they are run decently and have a steady stream of content and fixes.

I know a lot of people here won't agree with me, but I think Kritika shot itself in the foot right from the beginning when they decided to change our version and try to appeal to the hardcore gamer by making our version WAY harder than the other versions of this game. This is already a niche market, when you target an even more niche market (the hardcore) you are doubling down on making a tiny playerbase. I think this game would have done much better if they just stuck with the difficulty all the other versions have. You can look at the numbers and see, this game truly died when they made Starhenge almost unplayable in some weird attempt to make the content relevent to the massively overgeared whales and ended up making it almost impossible for the majority of the playerbase. They reverted that patch, but the damage was done and the playerbase never recovered.

your positives was really helpful only for the veteran players :D :D :D