We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

New player from Windhome: Need some help to increase my gear for my MID-Imprint Wolf Guardian/Vamp

Hi, sorry in advance for my broken english. I didnt study enough at school :(

So , here's the issue:

I reached 300k CR /38k SR ( +140kCR added in game with my passive)with my quest gear that i received in STARHENGE, but from now, this getting impossible to do higher dungeon than [HARD: Destruction worldly pit (340kCR)] due to low dmg/mp

So after many resurrection stones wasted , im now asking myself if its worth evolving the Kritium gear again or should i change ? I know there's some usefull charm and vindon set gear to get from titan and Aberlard (forgot wich one) but beside that , i dont know wich item can bring me to 1M + CR and more. WF seem not popular so its hard to get some infos.

I just want to know what primary things should i get or farm first, cuz im completly lost.

Btw, Dont judge my build if you look at it ! ill rebuild it to get a better single target chain skill, the AOE is already fine but run you out of mp very fast. and since my basic attack dmg (even boosted) feel slow and push you forward, ill try to add lighning ball as a follow up!

Same issue for my Vamp:

Comments

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited February 20

you have the same exact gear as Vindon. It is literally the same stats as the quest gear. You basically have 3 Vindon Evo 2(chest,legs,hands) and 2 Shattered Table Evo 2 (feet and head). World Pit boss can be done at 330k CR. You need to practice dodging the attacks more. You can do Fractured Memories a lot and in Offensive go for "Damage to Human and Fey". Can get 10% more damage that way , just take some time. Also for defensive you can get "Recieve % less damage from Bosses".

You need to work on Critical and Accuracy. Use reappraisal and recalculation scrolls. You want 100% Crit Rate and around 1000 Accuracy or more. Your accuracy being at 373 means you "Graze" means sometimes (alot with low accuracy) you deal only 10% of normal damage. Get critical gems for chest, legs, and feet. Accuracy gems for head, hands, weapon. Can get gems from Fractured memories, 5/5 Gems dailies, Arena coins. Need to get badges also.

Really there is too much to explain here. A good guide for you here: https://kritika-guides.com/#Page1

To add to this. As Wolf Guardian you want Lightning Element gems on all 3 accessories and Lightning on your Weapon Charm. All your damage is lightning based so it helps a lot.
    For critical you can:
    Roll critical with reappraisals on head, weapon, earring, and necklace. badges in the top left badges slot, same with costume piece.Gems in chest,legs, feet.
    For accuracy:
    Roll accuracy on head and hands. Accuracy gems in weapon, head, hands. badges in top right corner, same with costume.

You can also ask for help to questions on Kritika Discord. More people there. https://kritika.enmasse.com/news/posts/come-together-with-our-new-discord-server

• @Spookles said:
    Really there is too much to explain here. A good guide for you here: https://kritika-guides.com/#Page1

But you said the essential. this was enough to clear my mind. I appreciate the time for answering!

@Spookles said:
    you have the same exact gear as Vindon. It is literally the same stats as the quest gear. You basically have 3 Vindon Evo 2(chest,legs,hands) and 2 Shattered Table Evo 2 (feet and head). World Pit boss can be done at 330k CR. You need to practice dodging the attacks more. You can do Fractured Memories a lot and in Offensive go for "Damage to Human and Fey". Can get 10% more damage that way , just take some time. Also for defensive you can get "Recieve % less damage from Bosses".

You need to work on Critical and Accuracy. Use reappraisal and recalculation scrolls. You want 100% Crit Rate and around 1000 Accuracy or more. Your accuracy being at 373 means you "Graze" means sometimes (alot with low accuracy) you deal only 10% of normal damage. Get critical gems for chest, legs, and feet. Accuracy gems for head, hands, weapon. Can get gems from Fractured memories, 5/5 Gems dailies, Arena coins. Need to get badges also.

Yes, i already managed to beat World pit boss a couple time by learning his pattern, i still do some mistake sometime but i can solo it fastly. But in Aeri's Library , like you said, i graze a lot and run out of mp. Ill solve this issue asap!

I have 6stack of inferior Kagerfield badge, some few stats from costumes. I just need to stack more Scrolls

I was really afraid that i wasted a lot of craft tool in quest gear, but apparently im sstill in the right way to grind. I feel less insecure now

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

Your skill choices looks interesting... Wolf rider should be your most damaging skill with wolfless imprint (move with asdw keys). This might help you as well. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lheerpUIHktpgSaUfOUMexTkWiPUylpQXznn6MJ-WLc/edit?usp=sharing

• DisasterLVL_DuelistDisasterLVL_Duelist Member, KOL
    edited February 21

Here's a quick update since the first thread and there's a huge improvement.

I followed all the tips that @Spookles gave and the result is quite satisfaying. (it gone up at 403k CR at first but i switched a lightning charm over a dark one ) I still need to switch my ice weapon damage to light.
    Im still gazing tho, but less since the upgrade. i feel stronger in Aeri's Library but i need to check the guide to know how to counter her 2nd phase.
    Im really thankfull for the help ! Godbless my WF isnt doomed

@Reiatzu said:
    Your skill choices looks interesting... Wolf rider should be your most damaging skill with wolfless imprint (move with asdw keys). This might help you as well. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lheerpUIHktpgSaUfOUMexTkWiPUylpQXznn6MJ-WLc/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the link, ill check it again when i'll test all the imprint

Wolf rider is really good indeed, but i dont know how to use it perfectly. it can be fully exploited like the Doomblade's dash in and out. But ther'es a delay movement to perform.

When she perform the first dash in , at the same time, you have to press the back movement. and in reverse, moving forward when she dash out (i have azerty KB, i use zqsd)
    add the fact that i only play in FPS mode , Spirit rider is an advanced mode movement skill that feel uncomfortable to control. Damage are strong lvl 1 , I might evolve if i can use it perfectly.

About my build, like i said in the previous post, i need to reset and use points. i wasted a lot of it. I need a quick time to think what skill is Worth evolving and what i like

Since I use mid imprint, i assume that i dont need to get wolf's passive point right ? Beside Spirit wolf that give you a damage/atq speed buff instead of summoning the wolf

• TriggTrigg Member ✭✭

For Eeri:

I felt this pretty much sums up what kind of attacks you can expect from her.

edited February 21

Your HP and Damage reduction are extremely low. Thats probably not helping things. You can roll HP and Damage reduction on gear just like offensive stats. Also, make sure to do the badges daily on Friday, Saturdya and Sunday. Takes like 5 seconds. Spirit Rider just takes some getting used to. You can go to "Resistance Trainng Zones" in some areas like Keskyu Outpost and practice it.

Your build is kind of not great. Anyways, I made this picture for you of my Wolf Guardian. She is also middle row of imprints. The character isnt perfect, but it should give you some idea of what to go for. She is in the Quest gear. The picture is without my badges on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

edited February 21

Couple other things to add from looking at your picture.
    Make sure to use your Etherforce (press K).
    Also, I see you have only 3 revive stones. You can get like 3 a day from clicking the Event Calendar thing and pressing"i" and checking your Delivery tab. You can buy 2 a day with Arena Coins and can also buy 1 a day from Alandra with Daily Coin (but she also sells a 250 hammer for the daily coin you get for doing a the dailies).

The Arena guy sells all kinds of stuff. I would make sure to at least try Arena and get to floor 40 or so. This will also get you a bunch more badges.

Also check https://store.enmasse.com/kritika/items every day. Sometimes they have free revive stones or 3 day elite for free. Sometimes potions, scrolls. Its free, so it doesnt hurt to look at each day. Only the one that says 0 is free though

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

Here is my middle row build https://imgur.com/uKmpleK, it is important to get used to spirit rider, and try to get more crushing damage.

edited February 23

@Trigg Thanks a lot fo r this vid, this confirm one thing : im blind af xd. i Should pay more attention.

@Spookles said:
    Your HP and Damage reduction are extremely low. Thats probably not helping things. You can roll HP and Damage reduction on gear just like offensive stats. Also, make sure to do the badges daily on Friday, Saturdya and Sunday. Takes like 5 seconds. Spirit Rider just takes some getting used to. You can go to "Resistance Trainng Zones" in some areas like Keskyu Outpost and practice it.

Your build is kind of not great. Anyways, I made this picture for you of my Wolf Guardian. She is also middle row of imprints. The character isnt perfect, but it should give you some idea of what to go for. She is in the Quest gear. The picture is without my badges on.

Yes, i already knew what you mentioned,and i noticed it back in the time when i didnt know the value of currency that boost stats. to be honest, my primary goal was to earn kred to get a better look. Now that im done with this ( im still attempting to get the dark costume from Fractured memory) Im more focus about my stats since i was struggling in Windhome.

however , i force myself to use spirit rider and its getting better since now.

About Arena, i already reached lvl 50 and stop right after. i can go higher i think, like 10 or 15 lvl above.
    First 30 level is 1shot.
    30 40 is 2 shot
    40 + 3 shots and dodge
    I checked your build and wonder why dont you use Spirit bite ?

@Spirea said:
    Here is my middle row build https://imgur.com/uKmpleK, it is important to get used to spirit rider, and try to get more crushing damage.

Alright. Thanks for sharing your build !

• A3E3YJ9K7RA3E3YJ9K7R Member

HOLD UP!?! whats going on with these skill builds?

I would recommend spirea's build (or atleast something resembling it) for any wg here who uses mid row imprint, but you might also think about dropping electric knives to 11(or what ever is the minimum for awakening, from my experience this skill deals mediocre dmg and you often use it just for the slow and getting ex charge from back attacks with +15 earring effect+its piercing type, might be worth maxing for arena build but in normal farming and harder content the dmg isnt too great and it drops frames in fractured memories). With these freed points get 4 levels to million volts(for awakening, the speed maked it safer and more comfortable to use and you can use more awakening points) and max out cascade instead, leave tornado lvl 1 unless you have useless points. Honestly all crushing dmg skills should be maxed and tango/ion bullet/lightning crossing are good dmg worth maxing too.

Consider shuriken lvl2 for arena build (might have to give up some points somewhere else, don't remember).

I would recommend leaving flash, lightningball, shock, spirit shock, and spirit tornado at lvl1. Those skills do piercing dmg and have bad scaling compared to crushing skills that get buffed by mid row set by a large margin. Flash would be the best choice out of these but at least I ususally use it for the iframe and moving/mobility which doesnt make speccing for dmg worth and there are much better alternatives for the points anyway. Lightning cross(root) takes a lot of points for the dmg so its best left at lvl 1 as its differeng dmg type and doesnt get dmg boost from imprints like lightning crossing (the long dash after delay).

The whole point of running mid row is to focus on the crushing skills. From imprint 3 set spirit charge gets solid 200%dmg(2 times the dmg you see in skills tab) , spirit bite gets 300%, howl gets some, spirit rider gets 500%(!!! so each dash deals 100%), cascade always deals superconductivity dmg, thus double aoe and 200% dmg, lightning crossing gets also 300%. Resonance deals same dmg as hitting both your and wolf's explosion and 2set also makes tango deal more dmg, ion bullet awakening gives good elemental bonus buff after cast. tornado awakening doesnt increase pull in mid row. Mid row doesnt get benefit from wolf passives but shared spirit is absolutely necessary to max. And try to have that wolf summon skill buff up all the time (changes into flat dmg buff in mid row since you cant summon wolf).

In the end everything I said is just my personal opinions and experience and works for me. Take it with some salt as always.

edited March 1

@A3E3YJ9K7R In the end everything I said is just my personal opinions and experience and works for me. Take it with some salt as always.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We all think differently. chose our own way but thats the way to know what could be better when our tought collide to 1 point ( i think)

Im still testing some builds and trying to figure out by myself whats worth evolving.

Like [Lightning Ball] : I only saw bad tought about this skill beside the EX one. So I maxed it and played with it for a few hours. and i have to agree about the dmg it does but i d ont think it was meant to focus on dmg. The only reason to use it is for increasing the AOE/DMG of [Lightning Ball EX]
    otherwise , Lightning Ball has an ultra low CD (3sec) , Low mana cost , good follow up skill, It's good for locking the mobs mid-air
    Have some interesting combo to use with [Lightning ball EX] , Auto attack , [Spirit tornado] , [Spirit bite] , [Spirit rider], etc.. (Might do some combo video)

I wont tell its bad cause i like this skill (droping some kamehameha is nice) but i would rather chose Spirit Bite over Lithtning Ball

About the other Skill. I figured out that I only use [Spirit tornado] for stacking mobs so i kept this lvl 1 , Evolving [Flash] is a waste of pts (imo)

[One Millions Volt] does good damage and worth it to evolve but its a risky skill that lock you trought the animation and this can get you killed stupidly. But its also good for locking the boss or stacking mobs aswell.

I dont know how to use [Resonance] properly. Its a timing skill that i mainly use where im in [Spirit tornado EX]. Ill surzely switch it for [Chain Lightning]

[Electrive Knives] is one of my primary Skill so i automaticly evolve it to max level. But i'll keep your tought in mind, change it and see the next time how its going.

at the moment, I just wonder if [Spirit evolution] really affect our stats

• HijikiriHijikiri Member, KOL

Hi. I couldn't help on commenting in this post. I am not going to bash the builds here since it's nice to see different folks talk about how their build is the most efficient. This is healthy. What I do want to comment on was to bring it back to the topic at hand. I am assuming you have just started (obviously). Posting this thread would give the above results and give you an idea on where and how to get stronger in the game. My comment is just to point out, regardless of the build suggestions for this specific character. That the bigger picture or takeaway for the new folks, is that it takes time. Your CR and SR will grow. That is because the longer you play the game. You will eventually answer those questions on your own.
    Besides becoming a whale in this game. The other aspect is to grind and understand gear progression in this game. Actually most of your questions can be answered if you went to the other category of player guides. Tons of info there from money, skill builds, etc etc. So please look in that category first and you'll be amazed on the amount of info you read in there. If your willing to take the time to read that is lol.
    In anycase, have fun. Enjoy the game and make friends here!!

One thing I will say is that different builds work better/worse at different gear levels also. Spirea has about 11 million CR, so obviously he will value some skills less and some more than a build built around 300k CR. Also, when you get to high levels of crushing/slashing/piercing/striking, then you also will build more around those skills. As it is for me, I have like very low amount of crushing because I am still low on Accuracy so i am forced to gem a lot of accuracy. I also dont have a Artifact with crushing. Another thing to add, is that your 2 piece/5 piece from Dawn gear can greatly affect your build, as well as many other factors like what content you are doin/how good you are at the content,etc.

I guess the point I am trying to make here, is what works for someone else may not work well for you and what works for me may not work for the next guy.

• HijikiriHijikiri Member, KOL

@Spookles said:
    One thing I will say is that different builds work better/worse at different gear levels also. Spirea has about 11 million CR, so obviously he will value some skills less and some more than a build built around 300k CR. Also, when you get to high levels of crushing/slashing/piercing/striking, then you also will build more around those skills. As it is for me, I have like very low amount of crushing because I am still low on Accuracy so i am forced to gem a lot of accuracy. I also dont have a Artifact with crushing. Another thing to add, is that your 2 piece/5 piece from Dawn gear can greatly affect your build, as well as many other factors like what content you are doin/how good you are at the content,etc.

I guess the point I am trying to make here, is what works for someone else may not work well for you and what works for me may not work for the next guy.

You hit it on the DOT Spookles!! Folks nowadays, want a quick turn around when playing games like these. Quick GOLD & POWER!! Who doesn't want that right??!! No one believes in appreciating the game for how its designed and no competitiveness at all. I mean why would you want a cookie cutter build or the same build as the strongest person?? If and when you do, now what? Do you think you can one up that person is Arena and FM?? What Spookles said is right. What works for 1 person may not work for the other. As a community here, I see majority of the time. Folks just want to dily daly. Make friends and be a social butterfly. Once that is established. It's an added bonus to be OP!! Right. You've got the makings of a wellknown star at hand!! Come on now folks who are lazy!! If your one of those. Then take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Are you a follower or a LEADER?? Now all of you may define Whales as folks who spends money in game. My definition of a WHALE is one who is SPOONFED (power leveling, asking how to set one's element and build for a character, just flat out LAZY to learn what your character can do and can't!!) Get the picture!! :D ;)

just adding to my original message, when I say "Lightning cross*ing*" I mean chain lightning (it used to be called that back in seconds awakening pts) and when I say just lightning cross I mean the visual cross skill, I think its called lightning scar or something.

About the lightning ball... If you run mid row and crushing dmg type then the lightningball dmg is simply pathetic and from my experience at high cr play (I have long since stopped playing the game myself, my character is around 2,4mil cr) the only thing that matters is dmg and skills that have beneficial effects (say electric knives slow) on boss monsters or a specific purpose in fractured memories or arena like ex generation or grouping. Using a lot of points on something that has same effect (as without levelling it) and very small damage increase/ or simply worse increase compared to other ways you could spend those points just isn't worth it.

Overall it's usually just how it goes that the top players who constantly try to increase their dmg and efficiency when grinding to spare time and getting better rank and time for rewards and competition, they just often have the builds marginally right. I am very confident that the build spirea suggested is a very solid build and it will be hard to achieve much if at all higher damage potential with different build since all the major skills are covered and if you look at dmg reports and test the outputs you can see that there are just some skills that deal superior dmg especially on wolf guardian mid row imprints that has high focus on burst dmg and suffers mostly from waiting the cooldowns of big skills. FYI Spirea has been "maining" wolf guardian ever since open beta one and a half+ years ago keeping strict hold of the rank 1 in NA server and I think it would be safe to assume that if he claimed second not many would dare to claim first. The amount time one ends up spending on a class after playing for over a year especially when they are 11 million cr is not to be underestimated, and veteran players have gone trough the slow progress of the game and constant patches and periods in game, thus getting more than enough time to adjust to each update and figuring out what seems to give better results for them.

As bad as it sounds, this game sadly isn't designed well enough for us to have "everything goes" mentality on skill builds, every class has a lot of variety in the builds they can make but if you ask any top ranked player they will tell you that you can also go wrong in many ways. Again no build is probably optimal for every situation and my own preferred build most certainly isn't or even Spirea's build is probably not perfect but all I can say is that you should go to keskyu valley training grounds and just try out things especially if you have free elite resetters (obviously no need if you are confident in your build, but if you never check the numbers, then how can you know for sure just from how it feels). And if you for example see that one of your maxed out skills deals less dmg in 5 minutes of comboing than a skill you left at lvl 1, then I would recommend adjusting the build. Damage report is your friend when figuring out the most optimal skill build. There is a reason that you can sometimes notice that the rankings have lower cr people with obviously worse gear beating people with higher gear, this often comes down to their skill rotations and skill builds etc (mechanics). To be fair tho, not that many people are playing right now.

resonance can for example be used with the chain lightnings dash if timed well or as you said tornado works well with it, you can also spirit shock or cascade to guarantee a hit against a boss and howl is a good skill too for combination. maxed out it just has very high numbers for a 20 seconds cooldown.

if you happen to like flash as dmg skill and tornado/million volts too and even better lightning ball, then I can say that going for evolved dawn destrus chest and legs and top row imprints (also requires fm cdr ability 220 and superior million volts cdr imprints) is by no means weak and can still beat mid row in arena with maxed out gear. You can use million volts almost every 2 seconds this way and have iframe every cast and get enemies stunkocked in middle.

If someone is interested, wg mid row arena 70 can be easily done with 2mil+ cr like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGOIewuL_mg

doesn't look too hard, does it? :P

You can see me get away with the ex tornado rotations easily without losing TOO much dmg because my dmg is centered so heavily on just few skills. If you add in shuriken lvl 2 for bleed you can do it even faster (Also please don't judge too much :P, it's quite sloppy of a run)

Anyway, the people who hold rank 1 in their respective classes right now probably have too much accumulated gear/stuff for any newer player to realistically compete with them so min maxing is optional. Some classes may still have couple people fighting for ranks but its mostly hegemonic business nowadays.

Anyway, again, just my two cents.

well if that wasn't a useless post from me then idk what is, literally realised game is closing next month right after posting it... oh well.

@A3E3YJ9K7R said:
    well if that wasn't a useless post from me then idk what is, literally realised game is closing next month right after posting it... oh well.

And i am thankfull and sorry for wasting your time writing this..cause' ill no longer worry about this game. Sadly

It was a short RUN for me. maybe 3 or 4 months playing this games seriously. I had many goal to attempt. And you guys helped me to understand clearly how things works. I appreciate all your experience you shared on this thread

@A3E3YJ9K7R
    @Hijikiri
    @Spirea
    @Spookles
    @Trigg
    @Reiatzu

My last udpdate

• YMF7T4L7TPYMF7T4L7TP Member, KOL

this is just stupid, let people get a voucher to transfer their accounts to korea server.

Even if it might not be obvious at first, the NA/EU server had major changes to make it more western friendly, for example our gear system in particular hammers and unlimited enchancing without dropping levels. Our fm gives different benefits and our pets and pet gems work different I think. And many more fine details that basically makes it impossible to recover our characters and would just be fresh accounts with similiar combat power and new gear, korean players wouldn't probably like that too much ... It's just way too much effort for a few players to fully integrate two versions with so many differences. Usually when publisher drops a game ahead of time they are not probably working together with devs enthusiasticly, probably just want to get done with it.