We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Let's Talk Elements

13»

Comments

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod
    edited June 2017

@Grievuuz said:
    I spent 4 million gold on a lightning weapon charm with +81 attack.

Worth it.

scammmazed
    The 81 attack is insignificant over just a lighting charm that you can get with 5 orange shards.

• EyriesEyries Member

@Grievuuz said:

Worth it.

You really overpaid but then again... this is CBT and getting 4 million isn't really that tough.

But like Ryce said, 81 becomes pretty insignificant.

• I have 121 dark bonus and a dark weapon. I have not seen something that mimics my attack but I do see little black balls pop up every now and then that does some damage and the targets seem to chain the enemies. Not sure if that is a kind of snare since they usually die before it wears off.
    Also, the bonuses don't seem to affect the bosses when they are not vulnerable to CC (understandably).

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017

@R3D4HHTRK7 said:
    I have 121 dark bonus and a dark weapon. I have not seen something that mimics my attack but I do see little black balls pop up every now and then that does some damage and the targets seem to chain the enemies. Not sure if that is a kind of snare since they usually die before it wears off.
    Also, the bonuses don't seem to affect the bosses when they are not vulnerable to CC (understandably).

That I don't know, sorry.

• I was able to get my hand on a lightning charm earlier in the day ( kudos to @Eyries ). This lightning element is pretty much god mode on a catspaw against boss, I went into starhenge again and it was a breeze. The lightning effects have high stagger and break value making it much easier to maintain my combo on the bosses and some of them I can even perma-juggle them until they die without casting their ultimate at all. Every time the effect triggers it gives a lightning resistance down to boss too so my damage kept on "accelerating" as the combo goes on and as a catspaw 1 skill quite literally meant 1-2 procs. The elemental damage increase from stacking lightning is also much easier to gain and is more noticeable than the mythical bonus damage stat, my 160k hits went directly to 220-240k base. I'll probably find myself a dark attribute set and try that out when I get a chance to.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

@Eyries said:

@Grievuuz said:

Worth it.

You really overpaid but then again... this is CBT and getting 4 million isn't really that tough.

It wasnt about the 81 attack. It was about getting lightning weapon damage, since it was on my 2nd lv 65 character, so I didnt have time to grind the starhenge weapon :p (and I have no idea what the orange shards are yet ;o)

• EyriesEyries Member

@Grievuuz said:

@Eyries said:

@Grievuuz said:

Worth it.

It wasnt about the 81 attack. It was about getting lightning weapon damage, since it was on my 2nd lv 65 character, so I didnt have time to grind the starhenge weapon :p (and I have no idea what the orange shards are yet ;o)

Oh sure, I'll explain what shards are so when Open Beta comes, you'll know where to go!

When you do Starhenge Dungeons (lv.65+), the maps there drop Orange Kritium. The best way to get it is to team up (at least duo) with someone else for the increased drop rate and farm the maps. With at least two people, it won't take long to farm the shards.

Once you get 8 kritium shard, you can meet Cerulean who is at Starhenge, and exchange 8 Orange Kritium for ANY element you want (except dark, strangely enough).

I farmed with Eroboros and I got a total of 16 shards after running 20 x memory of war with her.

Now, when you exchange the weapon charm, they're untradable, so it's mostly for personal use.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

@Eyries said:

@Grievuuz said:

@Eyries said:

@Grievuuz said:

Worth it.

Oh sure, I'll explain what shards are so when Open Beta comes, you'll know where to go!

When you do Starhenge Dungeons (lv.65+), the maps there drop Orange Kritium. The best way to get it is to team up (at least duo) with someone else for the increased drop rate and farm the maps. With at least two people, it won't take long to farm the shards.

Once you get 8 kritium shard, you can meet Cerulean who is at Starhenge, and exchange 8 Orange Kritium for ANY element you want (except dark, strangely enough).

I farmed with Eroboros and I got a total of 16 shards after running 20 x memory of war with her.

Now, when you exchange the weapon charm, they're untradable, so it's mostly for personal use.

Awesome, that's good to know, that means I won't have to waste a ton of gold to activate elements come OBT or release, solid man, thanks :)

• SukedaSukeda Member

the lv. 3 darkness does not mimic your last attack, its the same effect of the other lv. 3 elements
    thats why you see the inconsistency of hitting 20k but the bubble hitting 18k

• CarthhCarthh Member

You seem to have missed my earlier reply so I'll go ahead and reiterate, none of your opening post is correct. I'm not sure if you simply copy and pasted it from a website with absolutely zero testing, but anyone who has used even a little bit of elements would instantly see that it's incorrect. I would really appreciate it if you would fix the bonuses and put the correct ones down so it stops spreading misinformation and confusing people.

• How do u get the element charm to change ur weapon element?

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017

Sure, I'll edit everything.

For now, we'll just leave it alone as elements is just a build, there may be more better builds like atk speed or crit dmg builds.

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

• EtliaEtlia Member

It isn't nice to spread misinformation.

You don't need an elemental weapon. You just need a skill that does that type of damage. Frost mages do not need ice-aspected weapons as literally ALL of their abilities do Ice Damage. The only exception to this is if you want your LMB attack to proc charms. But that is a waste of a weapon charm, and Frost Mages don't even use LMB anyway.

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017

@Etlia said:
    It isn't nice to spread misinformation.

You don't need an elemental weapon. You just need a skill that does that type of damage. Frost mages do not need ice-aspected weapons as literally ALL of their abilities do Ice Damage. The only exception to this is if you want your LMB attack to proc charms. But that is a waste of a weapon charm, and Frost Mages don't even use LMB anyway.

It's not misinformation, you do need the elemental weapon charm if you want to proc on every attack and skill. If you only want to proc on only elemental skills your class already has and don't want the charm, all power to you.

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017

@Carthh said:
    I think you're really not understanding me when I say your entire opening post is completely wrong. Are you testing these things or are you just typing what ever you feel like? I guess I can lay it out for you since you just can't seem to understand.

We'll start with the frost comment you made, you certainly do not need to enchant your weapon with frost as a frost mage to proc the elemental bonuses this is a lie. I have a frost mage with 131 frost, no frost weapon, and they proc. The procs are based on the type of elemental damage your attack does.

Moving on to the elemental bonuses you listed in the opening post, I'm not even sure where to start so let's break them all down:
    Basic Fire Debuff drops enemy fire resistance by -5% and deals insignificant dot damage.
    It does not reduce enemy resistance, it applies a debuff that does aoe damage
    Lv.1 Fire gives you an invisible fire shield every 5 seconds that burns enemies touching you.
    It does not give you an invisible fire shield, it deals single target damage with a level 1 fire spell
    Lv.2 Fire Allows you to shoot fireballs with a 20% chance in each attack you do. Includes skill hits
    It does not allow you to shoot fire balls, you fire a forward facing fire line attack relative to your character position
    Lv.3 Fire has a 10% chance of summoning a fire orb that includes additional damage. Includes skill hits.
    It does not summon a fire orb, it does an aoe explosion around the target

These hold true for all elements, not just fire, as they all cast a Level 1, 2, and 3 attack at 60, 90, and 120, which you can clearly see it states on the charms themselves.You really should test some of these things before claiming them as fact and misinforming other people, or at the very least provide some sort of evidence to your claim.

I'll edit the post until then. Elemental builds are just one of many builds you can go. I'll just leave it as a discussion if people enjoy trying out elemental build and their view on it.

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

• CarthhCarthh Member

@MrPapa said:
    Does that mean there is no reason for Dark to be so much more expensive than the others if they basically do the same crap?

Correct, dark does nothing different than any of the other elements aside from it's base debuff effect which is just a minor attack speed slow. It does the same damage as the others.

• CarthhCarthh Member

@MrPapa said:

@Carthh said:

@MrPapa said:
    Does that mean there is no reason for Dark to be so much more expensive than the others if they basically do the same crap?

Correct, dark does nothing different than any of the other elements aside from it's base debuff effect which is just a minor attack speed slow. It does the same damage as the others.

What if you have skills with innate elements, talking Ice Mage or Fire Lord, but you have 120+ of a different element and an activator on your weapon? How does that interaction go?

@Gration said:

@MrPapa said:

@Carthh said:

@MrPapa said:

What if you have skills with innate elements, talking Ice Mage or Fire Lord, but you have 120+ of a different element and an activator on your weapon? How does that interaction go?

It's useless then. You can't overwrite a skill with an attribute for one you'd like.

Correct you can't change an already elemented ability to another element. However, if your abilities have no element, you have a weapon that already came with an element, and put an elemental charm on it, it will then choose which ever one of your elemental bonuses is higher to proc the level 1,2, and 3 spells.