We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Closed Beta Wrap-Up and Looking Forward

Product manager Knoxxer has written a letter to all you Kritika Online fans out there to chat about what we've learned in CBT and to set some expectations of what OBT holds for Kritika. Thanks so much for playing, everyone! Looking forward to seeing you in OBT!

Read the whole post here.

Comments

• Can't wait til its live D:

• ExpedExped Member
    edited June 2017

. One notable change is that Stabilizing Hammers will now be sold by Gold in the Auction House,

I'll start it off for everyone.

Pay 2 win.

Every single person will buy one from cashers. Which is fine by me, but you guys should've just brought in safeguards and made weapons go boom.

Why aren't avatars/badges/sigils tradeable/ sold in AH it doesn't make any sense .

• Nerfing EXP is negligible, stop complaining about it.

Anywho, these changes sound amazing! Thank you for listening to the community, especially when it came to PvP. I'm very glad that we have you guys for publishers, and that our dev's are very cooperative as well.

• @Jemmy said:
    Nerfing the exp from x8 to x6 on hard mode is actually a terrible move honestly. That just slows down the leveling process for those who want to solo. Should keep the exp at x8 and increase insane mode exp further instead. That would give people an incentive to do insane more while leveling, honestly.

But that's just my two cents. All in all, it was a really fine closed beta and I enjoyed playing. Can't wait for OBT!

I actually think it's the opposite. They are (in a way) forcing people to party & play with others, not just go solo and play alone. I actually hated playing hard solo, just feels lonely AS F.

• There's a reason why they're nerfing the EXP for hard mode, did you guys not read that part or what?

I had fun with playing this game during Closed Beta and very much look forward to the Open Beta <3

• honestly i thought it was great. i agree with jemmy. dont nerf hard xp buff insane. same with NAWAXEYNR5 idea for potion. i never used the reset but sure could have used the rest potions.
    also your descriptions on the whetstones are confusing. the whetstone V says adds 0.5% when it actually adds 5%. all ur maths on the whetstones were off.

• One thing i didn't see was the party drops always getting other class gear hope it still fix for OB. Also drop rate on rare and legendary items were low. Anyways it was a fun CB, looking forward OB PvP <3.

• Ray676Ray676 Member

STOP NERFING HARD EXP.

JUST BECAUSE A FEW NO LIFE BASEMENT DWELLERS REACHED 65 IN 3 DAYS DOESN'T MAKE IT OKAY FOR YOU TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

Look at your fucking data. A majority of players that started on Day1 of CBT reached 65 on the 5th day. I know it and we all know it.

Also don't go through with controlling the market with min/max limitations JUST LET ME HAVE MY FREE MARKET STOP TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING

is my opinion, if you go through with these nerfs I'm gonna be concerned for this game's future in the hands of your "Devs"

• It was a very good beta, I and some friends from various parts of South America really enjoyed the game, and we bet the incredible potential that this game has buying our founder packages, we hope that open beta is soon.
      I agree with the opinion of other players that it would not be necessary to lower the exp of the areas in hard mode but to increase the exp of the insane mode. And about the auction I think the changes are valid but I hope the company does not forget the security against bots, and I hope that soon it will be possible to buy wings in the store!

Let's be waiting for the open beta soon !!

• I know in your mind the game isn't meant to be level capped in 2 days but... I felt like the running the same dungeon 4x in a row at level 20 was excessive for story.

I can understand that for when you are level 50+ but I think that should be looked at as far as having a harsher bell curve of leveling earlier on but maybe make it harder when you get to that level 50-65 making that the grind. I felt like that mid section was quite the drag because you really didn't have the abilities that made it interesting. It got to the point where I felt like I'm not sure I want to keep playing this but once I got to level 35 I enjoyed the crap out of it just because of the abilities that were available to me it really made it interesting.

All in all though this has the makings of being one of the greatest games on the market and I really can't wait for open beta to be out.

• @MHC467FDAW said:

@Jemmy said:
    Nerfing the exp from x8 to x6 on hard mode is actually a terrible move honestly. That just slows down the leveling process for those who want to solo. Should keep the exp at x8 and increase insane mode exp further instead. That would give people an incentive to do insane more while leveling, honestly.

But that's just my two cents. All in all, it was a really fine closed beta and I enjoyed playing. Can't wait for OBT!

I actually think it's the opposite. They are (in a way) forcing people to party & play with others, not just go solo and play alone. I actually hated playing hard solo, just feels lonely AS F.

ikr?...its kind a stale to finish a dungeon and lvl up quickly by yourself lmao....

• Ray676Ray676 Member

@Etlia said:
    Changing the price of these costumes is very worrisome. It literally cuts the price tag in half for those who were going to purchase costumes for the sole reason of salvaging them for badges.

Kagerfield badges are a very valuable resource, and anyone who has easy access to them is going to be far ahead any player who doesn't. Are there plans to address this?

Get a job and have disposable income. Or get them in-game. Wow, talk about easy access

• WWDML6XX99WWDML6XX99 Member
    edited June 2017

@nyxon said:

@MHC467FDAW said:

@Jemmy said:

ikr?...its kind a stale to finish a dungeon and lvl up quickly by yourself lmao....

I dunno I enjoyed leveling to 42 all on insane mode solo. It made it really challenging and taught you how to use strategy while battling. I felt like it was really satisfying completing the dungeons solo.

• EtliaEtlia Member

@Ray676 said:

@Etlia said:
    Changing the price of these costumes is very worrisome. It literally cuts the price tag in half for those who were going to purchase costumes for the sole reason of salvaging them for badges.

Kagerfield badges are a very valuable resource, and anyone who has easy access to them is going to be far ahead any player who doesn't. Are there plans to address this?

Get a job and have disposable income. Or get them in-game. Wow, talk about easy access

The point is that a player who has money to pay will always be ahead of the person who doesn't. There aren't enough ways to get them in game.
    A person who is willing to drop thousands of dollars to get the best available badges immediately will be many many months ahead of those who don't.

• WWDML6XX99WWDML6XX99 Member
    edited June 2017

@Etlia said:

@Ray676 said:

@Etlia said:

The point is that a player who has money to pay will always be ahead of the person who doesn't. There aren't enough ways to get them in game.
    A person who is willing to drop thousands of dollars to get the best available badges immediately will be many many months ahead of those who don't.

As they should... they are spending money and time on the game whats wrong with that? Look at it from the other direction imagine if paying 100$ someone spends 2 hours and gets the same crap as you do... That would make it seems like paying $100 is retarded...

There are those of us out there that actually enjoy grinding for gear and don't want to pay for it and that's fine too... either way this is a pointless thing to bring up at all..

I mean with your logic someone is always going to be complaining either P2W people will complain that they aren't getting their money's worth when spending on the game and F2P players will feel like P2W gets people to far ahead... and If I was them I would keep my P2W customers happy and give my F2P players things to strive for...

• MajorThorMajorThor Member ✭✭

I just want that pre-spent EMP back lol. Will this be another 2+ week wait? If so #triggered

• ExpedExped Member

200 mil hammers incoming.

• EtliaEtlia Member

@WWDML6XX99 said:

@Etlia said:

@Ray676 said:

@Etlia said:

As they should... they are spending money and time on the game whats wrong with that? Look at it from the other direction imagine if paying 100$ someone spends 2 hours and gets the same crap as you do... That would make it seems like paying $100 is retarded...

There are those of us out there that actually enjoy grinding for gear and don't want to pay for it and that's fine too... either way this is a pointless thing to bring up at all..

But they don't get the same amount of things I do. They get 100$ in premium currency and are free to spend it on whatever they want.

I'm fine with premium currency circumventing some time gates, but kagerfield badges is not one of them. Stability, Reappraising, and Recalculating are things I am perfectly fine with. Being able to drop 1000$ on badges I literally cannot get for half a year or even more is downright unfair.

Paying money already gets you things paying players can't get easily. It circumvents a lot of the grind any nonpaying player has to do to reach perfect gear.

This just allows players who have a lot of money and time to get ahead of players who have time and no money.

• Im pretty agree with Jemmy, dont nerf hard mode, Buff insane mode instead ( Party exp and Friend exp aswell).
    Just those little change will do.
    The rest potion on EliteMember it will be a BIG " no" for me, it will for sure break balance between Casher>F2P players.
    As for a way to give people rest potion i suggest in PvP mode ! Like a little Daily or Weekly quest given by Alandra where she send you proove yourself in the arena Or easier a NPC PvP shop where you can spend a kind of PvP point for some little item (Megaphone, Dye coupon, rest potion ect)
    It will break farmers routine and liven up PvP mode while rewarding then for doing so.

It was a great CBT and thanks to y'all for the fun :3
    -Sokyo / LoliSuccubus- out !
    (Btw sorry it a hurt a few eyeball, english's not my mother language and i really did my best upon writting :blush: )

• Why is no one talking about the 100% gold gain at 0 rp? Players can farm gold for as long as they want now and that won't help anything at all, sure, enhancement won't take your gold, but if everyone makes more gold, the prices on the AH will, by consequence, go up as well. Basically, if you're not farming gold all day with your 0 rp, you'll be short on gold to buy your dearest items from the AH.
    When we had gold scaling down with drops, we'd have a "limit" to gold gain per day and everyone would be at the same "limit", but with gold gain being buffed, 24/7 players will just increase overall prices, making the players that play 2 to 4 hours a day take even longer to buy those items, pratically pushing them into buying EMPs to even try to keep up.

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

@WWDML6XX99 said:

@Etlia said:

@Ray676 said:

@Etlia said:

I mean with your logic someone is always going to be complaining either P2W people will complain that they aren't getting their money's worth when spending on the game and F2P players will feel like P2W gets people to far ahead... and If I was them I would keep my P2W customers happy and give my F2P players things to strive for...

I think the point is, it's incredibly way too cheap for the amount of power you gain. 2000 Kred per costume still got you badges, but at a much less overall power increase. You cannot physically grind out the badges at anywhere near the same rate as dropping money on the game, there is literally only one way to continuously farm badges at an extremely slow rate. The in game system for how you earn badges is fine, but making them so easily bought with money completely outclasses any free to play player.

I would agree with you that is was pointless, if it wasn't for the fact that there is a very competitive PvE arena ranking leaderboard that a lot of players grind and spend a large amount of time to be top on, and then to have someone drop money to eclipse the non to low paying players is quite disheartening.

There's no way this argument can come to a closure when people like you think it's ok to just throw money at a game and gain an enormous advantage over some one who plays the game for up to 16 hours a day and could never hope to reach.

• @Carthh said:

@WWDML6XX99 said:

@Etlia said:

@Ray676 said:

@Etlia said:

I think the point is, it's incredibly way too cheap for the amount of power you gain. 2000 Kred per costume still got you badges, but at a much less overall power increase. You cannot physically grind out the badges at anywhere near the same rate as dropping money on the game, there is literally only 1 way to continuously farm badges at an extremely slow rate. The in game system for how you earn badges is fine, but making them so easily bought with money completely outclasses any free to play player.

I would agree with you that is was pointless, if it wasn't for the fact that there is a very competitive PvE arena ranking leaderboard that a lot of players grind and spend a large amount of time to be top on, and then to have someone drop money to eclipse the non to low paying players is quite disheartening.

There's no way this argument can come to a closure when people like you think it's ok to just throw money at a game and gain an enormous advantage over some one who plays the game for up to 16 hours a day and could never hope to reach.

It's how P2W works in every game.... It's a necessary thing to keep the game going... who cares about leaderboards when you could essentially have people not paying money because they can just simply play the game a little longer and get the same crap...

I think what's missing here is the thought of balance. You think it will be out of balance if P2W people get the badges easier but if someone pays $1,000/ 6 months you think they still shouldn't be allowed to pass someone's gear that plays for 16 hours a day? LOL

Look at it from a company's perspective... how much money are they getting from that kid that plays 16 hours a day?

I mean like I stated in a previous post I don't really like P2W but It's necessary to keep the game going. Maybe they should tone down the advantages but having the attitude that P2W players should eat their shirts because you don't like it, is just dumb.

You have to think to in the future as more end game content comes out they will probably make it easier to get those badges that are now easily purchased with money and create new sets of badges that P2W players can get easy with money, but again it's like that in EVERY GAME P2W players will get more advantages and usually HEAVY advantages its just something you have to live with and need to stop complaining about.

• EtliaEtlia Member
    edited June 2017

@WWDML6XX99 said:

@Carthh said:

@WWDML6XX99 said:

@Etlia said:

@Ray676 said:

@Etlia said:

I think the point is, it's incredibly way too cheap for the amount of power you gain. 2000 Kred per costume still got you badges, but at a much less overall power increase. You cannot physically grind out the badges at anywhere near the same rate as dropping money on the game, there is literally only 1 way to continuously farm badges at an extremely slow rate. The in game system for how you earn badges is fine, but making them so easily bought with money completely outclasses any free to play player.

It's how P2W works in every game.... It's a necessary thing to keep the game going... who cares about leaderboards when you could essentially have people not paying money because they can just simply play the game a little longer and get the same crap...

I think what's missing here is the thought of balance. You think it will be out of balance if P2W people get the badges easier but if someone pays $1,000/ 6 months you think they still shouldn't be allowed to pass someone's gear that plays for 16 hours a day? LOL

Look at it from a company's perspective... how much money are they getting from that kid that plays 16 hours a day?

I mean like I stated in a previous post I don't really like P2W but It's necessary to keep the game going. Maybe they should tone down the advantages but having the attitude that P2W players should eat their shirts because you don't like it, is just dumb.

You have to think to in the future as more end game content comes out they will probably make it easier to get those badges that are now easily purchased with money and create new sets of badges that P2W players can get easy with money, but again it's like that in EVERY GAME P2W players will get more advantages and usually HEAVY advantages its just something you have to live with and need to stop complaining about.

We don't have to live with them. Free to play players will stop playing the game when they realize that there's no way for them to compete. Which in turn will make whales stop playing, because they don't have anyone to feel superior over.

I don't think you realize how important players who do not pay are to a free-to-play game's longevity. Whales are only <1% of the population. If a game dies, a company can no longer make any money for it. This is what we call a cash grab game, which is also what we do not want to see Kritika become.

• Assuming costume salvaging stays as is, the price tag getting cut in half is generally beneficial, not detrimental - it places the resource within closer reach of players who don't have much money to spend on the game. Having them at a higher price just makes them more exclusive and widens the gap between paying players and players who are reluctant to shell out cash.

I'm not advocating for the ability to buy badges - IMO none of this garbage should be in the cash shop to begin with (badges, hammers, scrolls, stones). If it's going to be in there though, might as well make the price more reasonable for the larger population.

• @Etlia said:

@WWDML6XX99 said:

@Carthh said:

@WWDML6XX99 said:

@Etlia said:

@Ray676 said:

@Etlia said:

We don't have to live with them. Free to play players will stop playing the game when they realize that there's no way for them to compete. Which in turn will make whales stop playing, because they don't have anyone to feel superior over.

That's also wrong whales will continue to compete with eachother :smiley: and see who will pay the most in order to have the advantages... and then people like me who will play the game anyways because PvE is about fighting the gauntlet that's in front of you for fun instead of competing with others in PvE? lol There is still PvP which is stated to be one of the most amazing PvP experiences of most games.

• PludPlud Member

i only got about 2 hours with the CB due to i just bought a founders today but i liked the stuff i played rouge was fun "only class i got to play" and honestly i don't get the whole fuss over exp nerf is it really going to make that big of a change? With the CB i loved it the way the game played was amazing but once more i only got to play 2 hours QQ

• UtsaUtsa Member

I don't understand how things can be p2w when you can't really "win" in anything with only gear in this game? You can't win PvP with only gear and PvE can't be competitive when it only relies on gear. How do you call that competitive when it requires no skill, lol. Can't win when there was never a competition in the first place. Literally a ranking of how much you farm or how much you spend. So, no it doesn't matter if you can just buy avatars left n right. Just be happy the lower price makes it easier on F2P players to get one.