We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Closed Beta Wrap-Up and Looking Forward

1246789

Comments

  • @X69C5Y7EKN I agree with lowering prices for hammers and removing the way to get badges from cash shop.

  • ExpedExped Member

    @CXWAWDA363 said:

    @Exped said:
    25$ cash hammers are going to be bank for me $$$$. Any other whale agree ?

    Gold for what though? Charms? Gold is not exactly a scarce resource in this game.

    Charms will make or break your character especially since legendary charms are not easy to come by. So yes.

  • Why is in the CB wrap-up not a single word about the fact that european servers were not available for most of the community and dont think there is no forum post about that problem there are even support tickets about that problem. As a european im scared that En Masse just cares about money and doesnt give a shit about the problems the beta showed.

  • As many have already stated i think its completly wrong to lower exp on hard. Instead you should higher the exp for insane. Please reconsider this.

  • @Exped said:

    @CXWAWDA363 said:

    @Exped said:
    25$ cash hammers are going to be bank for me $$$$. Any other whale agree ?

    Gold for what though? Charms? Gold is not exactly a scarce resource in this game.

    Charms will make or break your character especially since legendary charms are not easy to come by. So yes.

    yea but those will also be contested by f2p players because gold is so easy to come by later on.

  • ExpedExped Member

    @CXWAWDA363 said:

    @Exped said:

    @CXWAWDA363 said:

    @Exped said:
    25$ cash hammers are going to be bank for me $$$$. Any other whale agree ?

    Gold for what though? Charms? Gold is not exactly a scarce resource in this game.

    Charms will make or break your character especially since legendary charms are not easy to come by. So yes.

    yea but those will also be contested by f2p players because gold is so easy to come by later on.

    There'll always be that casher who has more gold.

  • GJA64LC75HGJA64LC75H Member
    edited June 2017

    @X69C5Y7EKN said:
    Ok, as somone that experienced pretty much all the content (lvl 65 - ~100K CR), I'll leave here my opinion on the closed-beta wrap up:
    and more

    Fully agreed with everything you mentioned.

    @X69C5Y7EKN said:
    The drop rate is made in such way that there's nothing to look forward to. Legendary drop rate from bosses is pretty much non-existent - keep in mind that I did more than 500 runs without a single drop, and then in the last day of the beta, with the drop rate event, I finally managed to get one!!! And it was a piece for another class... and worse of all, it couldnt be traded, it couldnt be exchanged for materials, you can't do anything with it besides salvaging.

    To sum it up, people must look forward to log in everyday to play the game. When the game start feeling like a chore, it starts losing it's magic. Bosses should have higher diversity of drops - and drops that actually matters - perhaps charms / gems and things like that? Right now there's nothing of the usual exciting feeling of killing a boss like in other games.

    The continuous grinding of Starhenge with no prospect of utility other than the guaranteed materials, as you outlined in your post, makes the process somewhat dull, uninspiring and tedious. I personally really like the suggestion of higher diversity of drops, it would allow endgame players to somewhat retain that loot curiosity in what is effectively a dungeon crawler.

    My suggestion within the boundaries of the current loot table would be to improve the value of salvaging a Starhenge item. I salvaged my +15 Starhenge weapon w/ soul gems, charms, and received 19 gold Kritium shards and 19 pure Kritium shards in return. Since gold Kritium shards can already easily be obtained through the use of challenge letters, when salvaging Starhenge gear it might be an idea to include a range of Keystone Fragments or Hero Keystones, or any other useful crafting materials in the salvaging loot for that matter.

  • CahirCahir Member

    @JLM3DG367F said:
    There's a reason why they're nerfing the EXP for hard mode, did you guys not read that part or what?

    Which was... Terrible lol. Just leave hard at 8x and buff insane to 10 or 12x

  • why are players complaining about P2W? shouldnt you be glad someone else is willing to pay the game so you can enjoy it for free? im a F2P player and im happy that i dont have to pay a monthly fee to enjoy a game. and best of all you can earn almost anything these other "P2W" players get with in game currency. during close beta i made over 30k kred coins without spending a single pennny just farming and selling legends and crafting legends to resell.

  • Oh, poor players, are getting "Hard" difficulty ratios nerfed to 6x. Boo hoo
    You know what, plz change ratios to what other game versions have. Easy 1x, normal 1.2x, hard - 1.6x, impossible 2x. Starhenge has ratios as they were meant to be.
    Oh and while we'r at it. Make repair prices as they should be. About 300-350 gold per 20lvl dungeon run, instead of 7. People will actually start having less gold, and maybe then they'll understand that there's no gold shortage at all.
    Have no idea where people spend all the gold they get. Got to 65 by literally only using gold to buy extra potions (and that's me, being noob and getting hit too much). Leveled up just fine with green and blue + 0 gear.
    The only difference in my plans for OBT is to craft golden weapon at lvl 55 and enhance it to make my life way easier. Now only crafted it after finding out that Starhenge is too hard with green weapon.
    And i would say it's pretty much normal to lack gold while doing all the enchanting work at max level. You are supposed to lack something, gold/stones/hammers. Will always be missing one or 2 of those things.

  • You're nerfing hard mode exp? I agree with people who've made it clear already. BUFF Insane mode and give incentive to party up for it. If people wish to solo cool. But you should be promoting group content right?

    As it was mentioned before as well. Something needs to be done in regards to drops between Hard and Insane. Insane needs to offer something better.

  • ShiniDShiniD Member

    @KED9PML4FA said:
    Oh, poor players, are getting "Hard" difficulty ratios nerfed to 6x. Boo hoo
    You know what, plz change ratios to what other game versions have. Easy 1x, normal 1.2x, hard - 1.6x, impossible 2x. Starhenge has ratios as they were meant to be.
    Oh and while we'r at it. Make repair prices as they should be. About 300-350 gold per 20lvl dungeon run, instead of 7. People will actually start having less gold, and maybe then they'll understand that there's no gold shortage at all.
    Have no idea where people spend all the gold they get. Got to 65 by literally only using gold to buy extra potions (and that's me, being noob and getting hit too much). Leveled up just fine with green and blue + 0 gear.
    The only difference in my plans for OBT is to craft golden weapon at lvl 55 and enhance it to make my life way easier. Now only crafted it after finding out that Starhenge is too hard with green weapon.
    And i would say it's pretty much normal to lack gold while doing all the enchanting work at max level. You are supposed to lack something, gold/stones/hammers. Will always be missing one or 2 of those things.

    Yes omg please they should nerf hard mode to take exp away from your character, and there should be no gold or gear drops so you have to play on insane with your starting weapon and no armor. /s

  • CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

    I don't understand why so many people have an issue with bringing down the experience point value on Hard difficulty, and suggesting they just increase Insane instead. They specifically state at the beginning of that paragraph that we leveled much, much quicker than they had anticipated, and this is their solution for slowing us down some. By leaving hard the same xp value, and increasing insane, that does the exact opposite of what they are trying to accomplish.

    With that adjustment, really nothing in essence changes, Hard will still be more time efficient, while Insane is more RP efficient, just the way it has been all the way through closed beta. A change from x8 to x6 will be a very minimal change that will affect a small amount of players, but is the best solution to the issue they had of players leveling too quick. People seem to be underestimating the value of Red Mega Boss souls that you can obtain all the way starting at level 5 when Insane becomes available to you. Red Mega Boss Souls can not only be used to purchase specific items, you can trade them down to both Mega Boss Souls and Boss Souls letting you purchase those items as well.

    I'm assuming the majority of people that are complaining about the rewards from Insane never made it to 65, where in Starhenge it is very apparent that you want to always run Insane for the increased rewards. Even if that is what you are complaining about, they specifically state they are going to do Starhenge changes most likely referring to drop rates. Insane does not need to give you way better rewards while leveling, it's meant as an end game modifier that you are able to use while leveling for some bonuses.

    No one is forcing you to play on Insane. No one is forcing you to play in a party. If you want to get the absolute most value out of your RP then you will do those things, but no one is forcing you to. Who would have guessed, playing on the hardest difficulty would give you the best xp values? On top of that, you can play Insane completely solo and have no problems at all if you're good enough to handle it. If you aren't strong enough to handle Insane solo by yourself, and you still want to do it, then you will need a party. What's hard to understand about that? Are you asking to receive the same rewards on hard, a lower difficulty, as someone who puts in the effort to beat the same dungeon on Insane, a higher difficulty?

    If your argument is still, just make Insane rewards better, you've missed the entire point of this post and the reason they changed it in the first place.

  • HerpHerp Member

    @Carthh said:
    "While Insane is more RP efficient"

    "No one is forcing you to play on Insane."

    Yes, we do. and you said it yourself.

    I am also behind everyone else saying that the exp nerf to hard wasn't needed and that insane should be given a higher exp reward.
    The 99% of the people that didn't make it to max level in 2 days shouldn't be punished because a handful of people did.

  • CarthhCarthh Member

    @Herp said:

    @Carthh said:
    "While Insane is more RP efficient"

    "No one is forcing you to play on Insane."

    Yes, we do. and you said it yourself.

    I am also behind everyone else saying that the exp nerf to hard wasn't needed and that insane should be given a higher exp reward.
    The 99% of the people that didn't make it to max level in 2 days shouldn't be punished because a handful of people did.

    This response makes absolutely no sense. You're saying, if they left hard at x8, but increased insane to say x10, you would not then feel forced to play on insane? How is that any different from lowering hard and keeping insane the same?

  • @Exped said:
    . One notable change is that Stabilizing Hammers will now be sold by Gold in the Auction House,

    I'll start it off for everyone.

    Pay 2 win.

    Every single person will buy one from cashers. Which is fine by me, but you guys should've just brought in safeguards and made weapons go boom.

    Why aren't avatars/badges/sigils tradeable/ sold in AH it doesn't make any sense .

    Yeah, I agree. I honestly consider all the updates they're applying to 100% ignore a majority of the player feedback. With that said, perhaps the closed beta was for nothing but getting money from us then?

  • @ShiniD said:
    Yes omg please they should nerf hard mode to take exp away from your character, and there should be no gold or gear drops so you have to play on insane with your starting weapon and no armor. /s

    What i mean to say is that with all the changes in Rest points many more little things, this is pretty much the most noob friendly version of this game there is (comparing to sea) and people still want it even easier.

    The only way hard should stay the same is if insane gets something like 12-16x ratios, but in return it does become insane. As in at least double mobs/bosses hp compared to current insane, give mobs that anti interrupt shield that bosses sometimes have, and to bosses give that same shield but permanent. Because now, no matter how hard content is, with 4 man squad it just becomes stun-lock the enemy and keep repeating until it dies without getting any chance.

    What's the point in having 4 difficulty levels if Insane differs from hard only by giving boss drop 1 extra item but monsters having 2-3x hp. Of course optimal strategy becomes to ignore 1 extra item per run, but do that run way faster. That's what people found out really quickly and that's what they used to level up extremely quickly.

    Now it might be just me... Or is the f****** point of closed betas to find bugs/broken stuff and fix them before full release (in this case open beta). No matter how you look at it 1x / 4x / 8x /8x reward ratios for 4 dungeon difficulty levels look weird without even playing, and they'r a simply fixing that.

  • TheGreyDemonTheGreyDemon Member
    edited June 2017

    @Utsa said:
    I don't understand how things can be p2w when you can't really "win" in anything with only gear in this game? You can't win PvP with only gear and PvE can't be competitive when it only relies on gear. How do you call that competitive when it requires no skill, lol. Can't win when there was never a competition in the first place. Literally a ranking of how much you farm or how much you spend. So, no it doesn't matter if you can just buy avatars left n right. Just be happy the lower price makes it easier on F2P players to get one.

    P2W doesn't explicitly mean victory is impossible. It's a circumstance where paying players have a large, unfair advantage over players that do not pay cash for improvement. That being said, a good example of this is that a "P2W" player can purchase a full legendary set for lv.60 to get an overpowered headstart compared to the "F2P" players that will have to play hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dungeons to obtain the same gear that player obtained immediately. Turning days, and weeks, to minutes of effort with a single transaction is the very definition of "Pay to win" and gives those players a massive advantage in always being 1 step ahead of F2P players. They'll be the first to get the arena gear, and will most likely dominate from then on as they have in every single game where premium currency has ever been tied into power or advancement.

    For my eyes, that part is a bad, BAD, BAD change that will only complicate matters further. But, with a more positive thought, I have noticed they went ahead and accepted taking control of the marketing prices of items, which is great...maybe. This may mean that they'll stabilize the market so that F2P players can in fact obtain the legendaries they need in relatively low amounts of time and max out sets faster, etc. Even so...I still feel like they're gonna pull an Elsword and make advancing gear enhancement grades hell if you don't have cash or ungodly amounts of gold (considering you will need ungodly numbers of hammers), and make (or keep, provided they already have enormous stat buffs like +900 HP or worse) costumes more OP and unobtainable by F2P means. Why do I say this? Well...unless you seriously just need 5 legendaries in Kred to get a full costume stat with good stat buffs, you probably won't be as tanky or fast as someone with the costume. That being said, while getting to lv.60, I only naturally obtained 4 legendaries. And none of them ever sold for the ~200 Kred I sold them for, so yeah....

    Also, what kinda dumb choice is keeping gold drops 100% with 0 rest points? Most of us are so tired of grinding when our RP finally hits 500 that we don't even want to deal with 500%...this isn't going to fix the gold issue in any way. In fact, it may further complicate matters. We're players, not soulless grinding machines that can play 18 hour gaming sessions. That being said, I've got a job I gotta work on, so even if I wented to, I don't have the time to deal with that (and even with a job, I'm really against making the game P2W as it_ basically negates any effort you put into the game by making it to when a player could do most, if not all of the same stuff in a fraction of the time with money... _)

    TL;DR: At least farming takes effort. if it was P2W, a player could say they're skillful by using a wad of cash as their primary weapon. Also, a lot of us aren't exactly gods of grinding. We don't want to be forced to take months to get something that isn't even that strong because they went to force us to pay money. Before hitting cap, you usually hit the next 10 levels before your legendary drops, thus making the grind to get legendary gear meaningless. (and even then, your legendary weapon most likely won't drop for the next 10 levels after that, and the 10 afterward, too.) They should make it so that said legendary gear before lv.60-65 isn't so borderline impossible to grind that players decide to go glass cannon until the endgame.

  • @DAOWAce said:
    So the AH will still be Kred based for equipment (arguably the most P2W thing right now), and there will still be zero way to earn money prior to 60 since we can't vendor gear for money.

    Very, very disappointed.

    Nerfing exp gain is also the wrong move. Insane needs to give higher rewards; it doesn't, and having it give marginally more exp than hard (by nerfing hard rewards) isn't the right solution.

    Also there was no talk about performance; specifically the insane freezing of the client. This is a major issue and needs to be resolved by OBT.

    Overall, I'm fine with the game taking a month to come out if it means meaningfully improving it. But if it's just throwing a pvp balance patch in with some very minor tweaks, I'm not going to be happy.

    But hey, at least costume bundles were lowered to $10; thanks for that.

    I agree to this. Players didn't cap in 2 days because exp was too common. They capped because they could get infinite stamina via pots, and if you're persistent enough, you could cap in anything that requires less than 1500 minutes to cap in 2 days. Also, players didn't run insane because insane didn't make things harder. They just made things more annoying and take longer. Nobody wants to waste 5 hours on a town hub they could move from in 1 by going down a difficulty.

    In all honesty, unless you're a super persistent player that drains all their 1000% RP daily, leveling in Kritika is disturbingly slow, especially without ELITE status. Now, I have a sneaking suspicion they're doing this to push exp potions and obtain yet more profit by making the game more difficult if you play without cash, but that's just me.

  • HerpHerp Member

    @Carthh said:

    @Herp said:

    @Carthh said:
    "While Insane is more RP efficient"

    "No one is forcing you to play on Insane."

    Yes, we do. and you said it yourself.

    I am also behind everyone else saying that the exp nerf to hard wasn't needed and that insane should be given a higher exp reward.
    The 99% of the people that didn't make it to max level in 2 days shouldn't be punished because a handful of people did.

    This response makes absolutely no sense. You're saying, if they left hard at x8, but increased insane to say x10, you would not then feel forced to play on insane? How is that any different from lowering hard and keeping insane the same?

    The point being that as you've said that insane should give the highest reward for it being the highest difficulty therefor we shouldn't have something we're used to nerf'd because a handful of people didn't sleep for 2 days to reach max level.

    So give it x2 more exp and more drop rates. problem solved.

  • GJA64LC75HGJA64LC75H Member
    edited June 2017

    Oh boy.

    @TheGreyDemon said:
    Players didn't cap in 2 days because exp was too common. They capped because they could get infinite stamina via pots, and if you're persistent enough, you could cap in anything that requires less than 1500 minutes to cap in 2 days.

    May I suggest referring to your CBT experience, rather than some nonsensical fictional idea.

    @TheGreyDemon also said:
    In all honesty, unless you're a super persistent player that drains all their 1000% RP daily, leveling in Kritika is disturbingly slow, especially without ELITE status.

    Playing about 1.5-2.5 hours a day is "super persistent"?

    I don't even know where to start.

  • @Ray676 said:
    STOP NERFING HARD EXP.

    JUST BECAUSE A FEW NO LIFE BASEMENT DWELLERS REACHED 65 IN 3 DAYS DOESN'T MAKE IT OKAY FOR YOU TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

    Look at your fucking data. A majority of players that started on Day1 of CBT reached 65 on the 5th day. I know it and we all know it.

    Also don't go through with controlling the market with min/max limitations JUST LET ME HAVE MY FREE MARKET STOP TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING

    is my opinion, if you go through with these nerfs I'm gonna be concerned for this game's future in the hands of your "Devs"

    Maybe Space Cats control Kritika too Tera was once a good game now its full of people where dungeons runs have to be perfect a bunch of try hards just saying. Hard to say how Kritika will end up so far they want to be dictators of there own game.

  • TheKzTheKz Member

    Nerfing hard exp is not a bad move if you also buff insane exp.

    6x hard exp and 10x insane exp seems perfect to me. You encourage people to make party while making sure nobody can hit cap in 2 days by soloing hard mode. High risk high reward!

  • @RealCookieMonstah said:
    Why is no one talking about the 100% gold gain at 0 rp? Players can farm gold for as long as they want now and that won't help anything at all, sure, enhancement won't take your gold, but if everyone makes more gold, the prices on the AH will, by consequence, go up as well. Basically, if you're not farming gold all day with your 0 rp, you'll be short on gold to buy your dearest items from the AH.
    When we had gold scaling down with drops, we'd have a "limit" to gold gain per day and everyone would be at the same "limit", but with gold gain being buffed, 24/7 players will just increase overall prices, making the players that play 2 to 4 hours a day take even longer to buy those items, pratically pushing them into buying EMPs to even try to keep up.

    The game is so repetitive I'm sure you'll manage can't get to next town without doing same dungeon at least 5 times. Gold is much better to obtain than Kred so I have no complaints on that part.

  • RorshRorsh Member

    @Felhammer said:
    You're nerfing hard mode exp? I agree with people who've made it clear already. BUFF Insane mode and give incentive to party up for it. If people wish to solo cool. But you should be promoting group content right?

    As it was mentioned before as well. Something needs to be done in regards to drops between Hard and Insane. Insane needs to offer something better.

    insane will now offer better xp.

  • UtsaUtsa Member

    @TheGreyDemon said:

    @Utsa said:
    I don't understand how things can be p2w when you can't really "win" in anything with only gear in this game? You can't win PvP with only gear and PvE can't be competitive when it only relies on gear. How do you call that competitive when it requires no skill, lol. Can't win when there was never a competition in the first place. Literally a ranking of how much you farm or how much you spend. So, no it doesn't matter if you can just buy avatars left n right. Just be happy the lower price makes it easier on F2P players to get one.

    P2W doesn't explicitly mean victory is impossible. It's a circumstance where paying players have a large, unfair advantage over players that do not pay cash for improvement. That being said, a good example of this is that a "P2W" player can purchase a full legendary set for lv.60 to get an overpowered headstart compared to the "F2P" players that will have to play hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dungeons to obtain the same gear that player obtained immediately. Turning days, and weeks, to minutes of effort with a single transaction is the very definition of "Pay to win" and gives those players a massive advantage in always being 1 step ahead of F2P players. They'll be the first to get the arena gear, and will most likely dominate from then on as they have in every single game where premium currency has ever been tied into power or advancement.

    But, dominate in what? With PvP balances, they'll still get their ass beat if they suck. PvE is about the grind anyways. So what if a player decides to get it all in one go? That just means they will have nothing else to do in the game and quit if they don't like PvP. If they do like PvP, doing it all day will just get stale eventually. If someone wants to decrease their interest in the game in the matter of a month, then by all means, spend all the money. This game is about the grind for gear. If F2P players want to complain about getting it slowly vs 'P2W' players then they should not play the game since it's what the game is about.

    The only thing 'P2W' players can dominate in this game is making F2P players jealous. Now that's a flaw in the people and not the game. It's like crying "boo hoo they get everything right away, what about me?" and when they're given everything they quit cause they're bored.

  • RorshRorsh Member

    @TheGreyDemon said:

    @DAOWAce said:
    So the AH will still be Kred based for equipment (arguably the most P2W thing right now), and there will still be zero way to earn money prior to 60 since we can't vendor gear for money.

    Very, very disappointed.

    Nerfing exp gain is also the wrong move. Insane needs to give higher rewards; it doesn't, and having it give marginally more exp than hard (by nerfing hard rewards) isn't the right solution.

    Also there was no talk about performance; specifically the insane freezing of the client. This is a major issue and needs to be resolved by OBT.

    Overall, I'm fine with the game taking a month to come out if it means meaningfully improving it. But if it's just throwing a pvp balance patch in with some very minor tweaks, I'm not going to be happy.

    But hey, at least costume bundles were lowered to $10; thanks for that.

    I agree to this. Players didn't cap in 2 days because exp was too common. They capped because they could get infinite stamina via pots, and if you're persistent enough, you could cap in anything that requires less than 1500 minutes to cap in 2 days. Also, players didn't run insane because insane didn't make things harder. They just made things more annoying and take longer. Nobody wants to waste 5 hours on a town hub they could move from in 1 by going down a difficulty.

    In all honesty, unless you're a super persistent player that drains all their 1000% RP daily, leveling in Kritika is disturbingly slow, especially without ELITE status. Now, I have a sneaking suspicion they're doing this to push exp potions and obtain yet more profit by making the game more difficult if you play without cash, but that's just me.

    if insane difficulty takes you 5 times longer to finish I dont know what to tell you. I did level in insane from 1-60 and it was a breeze did not buy nor will buy rp pots while leveling its easy enough as it is

  • @noctred said:
    Assuming costume salvaging stays as is, the price tag getting cut in half is generally beneficial, not detrimental - it places the resource within closer reach of players who don't have much money to spend on the game. Having them at a higher price just makes them more exclusive and widens the gap between paying players and players who are reluctant to shell out cash.

    I'm not advocating for the ability to buy badges - IMO none of this garbage should be in the cash shop to begin with (badges, hammers, scrolls, stones). If it's going to be in there though, might as well make the price more reasonable for the larger population.

    The price cut should actually benefits the makers by making it cheaper the item becomes hot in which they sell more of that rather than being expensive only those who would actually spend a lot of money on a single game would be kind of crazy. Their price for that bottom listed item which is $100 that is pretty much equal to one of the most expensive pre-order games and the one before that is close to the average pre-order games. Guess the questions people should ask themselves - Is this worth it and how does this benefit me in the long run?

  • MinityMinity Member

    As other people have said... they need to leave hard mode alone. Buff insane or leave it alone too.

  • Biggest issue I have would be updates and fixes for they can go sideways (for better or for worse). The makers should keep players more up to date rather than keep them in the dark. If going to do something why not post it on the game so we'd be like ok that is what is going on I'll check back at that time. Not to mention a chance of bug on one's login to En Masse sign in then you see EMP - ERROR. Other than me how many had the reaction - What the heck is going on here?
    Think my most favorite En Masse bug would be Tera where sometimes when playing you end up under the world and somehow you die.

Sign In or Register to comment.