We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Assassins - Why Poison?

I've been looking all over the internet, and for some odd reason, most of the assassin guides I've found have recommended the poison element. What exactly is the reason for this? Is it just because the right click and giant pool thing are poison?

I've personally been thinking that fire would be a good choice seeing as how it would increase your burst damage.

Comments

• Probly due to ur shuriken poison(r click after throwing) and the dot field scaling off it as opposed to..i think just the bomb?

• ExpedExped Member

Fire/dark Koreans choice

• @Exped said:
    Fire/dark Koreans choice

I get fire, but what benefit is there to dark?

• DeevanDeevan Member

@Shrowded said:
    Probly due to ur shuriken poison(r click after throwing) and the dot field scaling off it as opposed to..i think just the bomb?

second part of stealth is fire too. And yea, idk why dark lol. idk what it does for Sin at all. Me personaly, i went fire/posion split.

• Dark add stacks of bleed and more debuff to your target, which can be taken advantage by your 10s cd finishing skill(I forgot the name).

And 10% chance to double damage is always great.

• ExpedExped Member

Adds bleed stacks.

• DeevanDeevan Member

@SirVincent said:
    Dark add stacks of bleed and more debuff to your target, which can be taken advantage by your 10s cd finishing skill(I forgot the name).

@Exped said:
    Adds bleed stacks.

welp, i had no idea. guess i should read more on what all elements do lol. tnx guys! this all makes sense to me.

• @SirVincent said:
    Dark add stacks of bleed and more debuff to your target, which can be taken advantage by your 10s cd finishing skill(I forgot the name).

Is the 10% chance to do double damage confirmed? I recall someone else on the forums saying that it was incorrect.

• CarthhCarthh Member

@SirVincent said:

@Exped said:
    Adds bleed stacks.

No it does not.

@Deevan said:

@SirVincent said:

@Exped said:
    Adds bleed stacks.

welp, i had no idea. guess i should read more on what all elements do lol. tnx guys! this all makes sense to me.

They are incorrect, that's why you have never heard it before.

• ExpedExped Member

Misinformed, my mistake.

• I use Dark element for my Shadow Mage in CBT, and I confirmed that.

No way SM can give bleeding effect besides dark element.
    The 10% chance of replicate the dmg is the black ball that dmg enemies. It doesn't buff your dmg to double but it replicates your skills, which is basically double dmg of that skill.

• @SirVincent said:
    I use Dark element for my Shadow Mage in CBT, and I confirmed that.

The 10% chance of replicate the dmg is the black ball that dmg enemies. It doesn't buff your dmg to double but it replicates your skills, which is basically double dmg of that skill.

So in essence, when the black ball replicates your skills it basically means having dark element on weapons doubles your skill damage? That seems too good to be true.

• @Obio said:

@SirVincent said:

So in essence, when the black ball replicates your skills it basically means having dark element on weapons doubles your skill damage? That seems too good to be true.

It has 10% chance to copy the dmg of the skill that proc the effect.

That's why Dark Charm is the most expensive on the AH.

• edited June 2017

@SirVincent said:

Does it replicate the entire skill, or just the hit that caused the proc? Do you know how this functions in correlation to skills with multiple parts, in which each requires an additional button press?

Is there an internal cooldown, and can it proc multiple times per skill?

• @SupremeTentacle said:

@SirVincent said:

Does it replicate the entire skill, or just the hit that caused the proc?

Is there an internal cooldown?

Only the damage tick that proc the ball. So it balances out.

You can get it to proc easier with multi hit skill, but as a results, the hit that proc is normally a much weaker.
    You get less proc with Sin skills such as big 1 hit, however, when it procs, you earn more.

I don't know the internal cd at the moment, but I never seen anytime that 2 balls happen. And the duration of the ball is about 1-2 seconds.

• Okay, thank you very much. How about the bleed? Does it occur often, and is there a cool down for that?

• @SupremeTentacle said:
    Okay, thank you very much. How about the bleed? Does it occur often, and is there a cool down for that?

Dark element proc random debuffs, so it's not as effective way of stacking bleed comparing to using normal Sin skills. However, it does help taking down the boss with lucky "chaining" debuff proc.

• @SirVincent said:

@SupremeTentacle said:
    Okay, thank you very much. How about the bleed? Does it occur often, and is there a cool down for that?

Dark element proc random debuffs, so it's not as effective way of stacking bleed comparing to using normal Sin skills. However, it does help taking down the boss with lucky "chaining" debuff proc.

What exactly does the chaining do? Does it just root them, as it seems to do to players?

• EtliaEtlia Member

@SupremeTentacle said:

@SirVincent said:

@SupremeTentacle said:

What exactly does the chaining do? Does it just root them, as it seems to do to players?

It sounds too good to be true because it is. Dark element is expensive because it is rare. These effects are coming from a source that is outdated, and isn't applicable to our version. Assassins go either poison or fire.

• CarthhCarthh Member

@SirVincent said:
    You can refer to this thread.

https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/752/lets-talk-elements/p1

That @Carthh clearly knows nothing about Dark because he uses Fire.

And he reported me ? Trolling? Or sheer stupidity?

Ah, interesting choice of thread to link, I see that you did not read the entire thing. If you had, you would have seen that I say the same thing in that thread and explain what actually happens, and after I do, the person removes the incorrect information because I was right. Do you have any video evidence of your shadow damage bleeding the target? Or putting up random debuffs? Well since I know you won't be able to provide any video evidence, I'll just go ahead and do it for you.

https://twitch.tv/videos/151041049?t=28m28s

You're more than welcome to watch through all of my vods and find a place in there where my Doom Blade or Shadow Mage bleeds or random debuffs the target and prove me wrong. In the meantime, how about I go ahead and link a picture as well. This lists all the effects of a charm

This is what charms do on our server. The dark's base debuff is an attack speed slow that puts chains on the target, that's it. Also, the orb does not replicate damage, it's a tier 3 dark spell on a 5 second icd just like the tier 2 and tier 1, while the tier 3 orb simply does aoe damage nothing more. Next time instead of just copy and pasting outdated info from an old website, you should test the stuff in game and provide actual evidence to back yourself up.

• I didn't take the picture or video of its effect because it worked very much similar to what said in the thread.

I see the chain and bleed debuff icon on the boss. And explain to me how can Shadow Mage inflict such debuff?

http://imgur.com/WU95F4m

• SirVincentSirVincent Member
    edited June 2017

Okay, since I didn't have a video of myself to prove the effect of Dark element.
    Here is SEA vid 11 months ago.

Here is Kritika SEA tips about elements, just translate to English the page.
    https://www.facebook.com/KritikaOnlineTIP/posts/857438091018272:0

And there has been no update that revamp the mechanic of element that I know of since then. Also, based on my own experience, it is the similar as shown in the video.
    However, I do happen to see the chain effect as well, and the bleed icon sometimes different from the normal bleed icon of Sin.

My question is, did @Carthh actually try the Dark element before claiming anything? Because I DID.
    You played Warp Mage with Fire element, that's what I know of.

• EtliaEtlia Member
    edited June 2017

Please stop posting outdated videos of other servers. Multiple people have tested dark, myself included, and my results are consistent with that of @Carthh 's.

Our server is not SEA.

It's clear you have not tested or do not clearly remember the effects of the dark element. Hell, even 30 seconds of testing would be able to prove you incorrect.

• @Etlia said:
    Please stop posting outdated videos of other servers. Multiple people have tested dark, myself included, and my results are consistent with that of @Carthh 's.

Our server is not SEA.

It's clear you have not tested or do not clearly remember the effects of the dark element. Hell, even 30 seconds of testing would be able to prove you incorrect.

Well I have tested both Dark and Poison.
    Dark on my Shadow Mage.
    Poison on my Alt Sin.
    http://imgur.com/5XoGAoM

Now, show me your TESTED evidence of Dark DOES NOT DO ANYTHING AS I SAID?
    **If you can't prove that I am wrong, then you are the wrong one here my friend.
    Outdated or not, at least everyone can see what happened in that Video.

**Now, can you show us your UPDATED video of Dark NOT working as I said? **

Until then, you are just pulling stuff out of your below ;)

• EtliaEtlia Member

Carthh literally posted a video of him playing doomblade. Please actually watch it here

• @Etlia said:
    Carthh literally posted a video of him playing doomblade. Please actually watch it here

1st. He doesn't show his Stat of how much Dark he has
    2nd. Nothing happen that show that he even has above 30 Dark. Not even 1 debuff or any effect AT ALL.

• @SirVincent said:

@Etlia said:

Our server is not SEA.

Dark on my Shadow Mage.
    Poison on my Alt Sin.

**If you can't prove that I am wrong, then you are the wrong one here my friend.

Dude, Berzerker has actual abilities that cause Bleed.Both your video and pictures prove nothing.

• @Pyrophobya said:

@SirVincent said:

@Etlia said:

Our server is not SEA.

Dark on my Shadow Mage.
    Poison on my Alt Sin.

Dude, Berzerker has actual abilities that cause Bleed.Both your video and pictures prove nothing.

Look at other debuff, ghost face and stuff. Not only bleed.

• EtliaEtlia Member

@SirVincent said:

@Etlia said:

2nd. Nothing happen that show that he even has above 30 Dark. Not even 1 debuff or any effect AT ALL.

Okay, now I know you're trolling. Dark charm effect literally happened twice in the span of the first three seconds of the video.

I get you're probably getting a kick out of trolling us, but consider stopping. It saves us a lot of headache when we try to properly educate players on how to build their character.

• SirVincentSirVincent Member
    edited June 2017

@Etlia said:

@SirVincent said:

@Etlia said:

Okay, now I know you're trolling. Dark charm effect literally happened twice in the span of the first three seconds of the video.

I get you're probably getting a kick out of trolling us, but consider stopping. It saves us a lot of headache when we try to properly educate players on how to build their character.

So the chain effect is from Dark, prob. the ghost face icon.
    However, when I play on my Shadow mage, I got more than just 1 simple debuff as that. Perhaps it is my own debuff from Awk, Shadow Talon and all.

Well I wait till OB to test it again then.

Interesting.

P.S.
    It is not about trolling. It's about saying what I observed when playing my 16x Dark Shadow Mage, and 14x Poison Sin.
    Aren't we all hear to test things out? ;)

Gave you a like for the dedication. Hope to see you and @Carthh more in futher discussion.