We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Questions for Lead Game Designer, Seong Beom Ahn!

Comments

• Since there is Vampire class will there ever be a Lycan class? Werewolves are rather neat could be a character with an ability to transform hopefully another female character. Just like having something to look at while playing. Why else do guys play as female characters?

• @Gration said:

@YangZero said:

@Gration said:

@DN9JJCPNRN said:
    Why is there no aerial skills and combos in Kritika?

There are.....you just don't do them as frost mage. Valk and catspaw are prime examples of that

It's mostly catspaw realy valk only has 1 or 2 aerial skills if you want to call them that way.

Reap can be casted in the air (So can her other starting skill) and she has that "To Heave" skill that can be casted in the air and allows her to stay airborn. She has a decent amount of air time if you don't suck with chaining her moves together.... i know, i made her.

Dunno why we talking about this but reap when used in air will get you on ground and to heave thingy will only last so much and doesn't help you to stay airborn realy 2 skills which can't realy be called air skills....

• @TheQuietOne1989 said:
    Favorite class so far I enjoy them all prefer vampire wish I could get that load screen costume that she is wearing. Just don't get why the creators can't just work 2 to 3 hours a day on the game and let players play it. Just let us know the hours so it is out there so we can get on if we want to that would be awesome. That way it would benefit both players spend more money on something they can actually play not to mention friends tell their friends and that travels.
    Kritika feels like the best En Masse game Tera is a used to be now it is full of try hards and people that expect everyone to be perfect. Make a game harder it attracts those people not the friendliest of people more of the biggest pain some ignore and some look for something else. Old Tera was much better most friendly times that was when the game was easier and the events were awesome even if they were the same thing the rewards were just great now the rewards are more of a joke.
    I like how they made Kritika like Vindictus how players can actually choose difficulty whereas most it is set. Vindictus you can actually pick out the free costume you want and it is one you can buy. So why can't players pick one out the free in game costumes? I'm sure most are like me and it is more about fashion rather than the buff you get from wearing. Felt better when they did away with gold for enhancing gear though it felt like the results were worse without using gold. I'm sure in the long run gold will have a great use hopefully add costumes you can buy with gold.
    Now back to Tera it has Fashion Coupons which drop from defeating BAMs or bosses. Why not have the similar there with the free costumes have that item drop in dungeons maybe something like 1 on Hard mode and 2 on Insane? Would be enjoyable players get what they want for their accomplishment. I for one would be happy to see that some say hammers I'm sure if we can buy them they're easier whereas the costumes they feel more rare as if only to be obtained through leveling up.
    I enjoy Kritika that game feels addicting just hope people can control themselves I'm sure some/most are familiar with what happened with Fallout 4 if not https://www.engadget.com/2015/12/21/lawsuit-over-fallout-4-addiction/. Games are meant to be fun and played when bored if you have family find time for them don't fall into that guys world. Still I found Fallout 4 somewhat addicting, but not as far as he did. To throw away everything just because of his game addiction is just sad.
    For those who are in a hurry to play Kritika there is a way to still play it http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/3/20141206/Kritika_Online_CN_How_to_register_and_play-54834b015158df813-1.html
    That is where I'll be until it is available for NA

@TheQuietOne1989 said:

figured I didn't need that stuff repeated twice. As for that costume thing there are 5 colors max level seems to be 65 so 1-15 should be white, 16-30 green, and so on. With 1 drop on Hard and 2 on Insane not talking about actual costume just the actual item you go to that costume vendor should increase gameplay by keeping players busy with fashion if you make it so they can't choose then they'd end up with 2 or more of that costume. If you keep it at that then costumes should be trade able and sellable.

• So I've played a good dozen free to play asian/eastern MMOs over the last decade, and far as I can recall EVERY SINGLE one of them had the same crappy situation on the forums where they had a place for discussion, but essentially none of the feedback ever mattered because the "home town" developers made all the decisions, and it was more or less impossible to get any meaningful feedback over to them as an EU/NA player due to the language barrier and quantity of posts.

So does our "lead dev" here really pull the strings? If down the road I spend a few hours writing up a post on why Class X / Skill Y / Item Z is absolutely imbalanced and needs changing, is that post actually going to be seen by a dev? I have not had good experiences with other F2P games in doing this kind of thing.

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

@Gration said:
    Favorite Classes: Demon Blade, Wolf Guardian, Shadow Mage
    Cats or dog?: Dog, and then a ferret or horse, but a cat is boring

My question: Why is the Archer class a girl? The game is literally over saturated with chicks with big chest. could you please give us more guy characters?

She is Female because Korean players voted for her to be a female

• CahirCahir Member

Lmao are people even reading the whole post????
    ** interview with Kritika Online's Lead Game Designer, Seong Beom Ahn** HE ** wants to answer **YOUR questions! like:

So many people literally answering the questions of the topic, LMAO! didn't knew kritika had that many lead game designers called seong beom ahn!

• What will be new/change for the open beta ? and when we have access on open beta plz ? ;-)

• @Cahir said:
    ** interview with Kritika Online's Lead Game Designer, Seong Beom Ahn** HE ** wants to answer **YOUR questions! like:

So many people literally answering the questions of the topic, LMAO! didn't knew kritika had that many lead game designers called seong beom ahn!

What is wrong with other players answering questions? The designers are very busy people so can't expect them to be on unlike some/most of us. Perhaps some gamers want to help out the Lead Game Designer if they have answers then what is the harm there if they answer.

• EniesEnies Member, Pre-CBT Tester

What has been the hardest thing to design into the game?

• @TheQuietOne1989 said:

@Cahir said:

What is wrong with other players answering questions? The designers are very busy people so can't expect them to be on unlike some/most of us. Perhaps some gamers want to help out the Lead Game Designer if they have answers then what is the harm there if they answer.

Please for the love of god learn to read.

• TristitiaTristitia Member
    edited June 2017

@TheQuietOne1989 said:
    Trying to say you're the smartest then interesting. Hey smart guy when is OBT?

No, I'm not claiming that, you're just delusional. Also FYI being smart and knowing when OBT is gonna start are two completely unrelated things, if you can't figure that out on your own.

• I'm sure Kritika will have competition against Destiny 2 both are good. Which one will come out on top Destiny 2 is like Call of Duty/Borderlands can choose between your favorite guns/weapons at anytime. If this game comes out before Destiny 2 it may have a chance, but I doubt it'll be out before Destiny 2 September 8. There is a video that had a Theatre full of people that actually got to try the game they were all very excited.

• @TheQuietOne1989 said:
    I'm sure Kritika will have competition against Destiny 2 both are good. Which one will come out on top Destiny 2 is like Call of Duty/Borderlands can choose between your favorite guns/weapons at anytime. If this game comes out before Destiny 2 it may have a chance, but I doubt it'll be out before Destiny 2 September 8. There is a video that had a Theatre full of people that actually got to try the game they were all very excited.

While the two do share a slight audience overlap, they are by no means direct competitors as a result of the genres involved.

• A couple questions:

1.Could you please allow multi-key combos for keybiding?

For example: Alt+1 , Alt+E, Shift+Q

It would help alot for classes like catspaw.

2.Can you let us check our Ping in game?

Thanks alot. Game has been really fun and I am looking forward to OBT.

• Q: Are some of the sub classes inspired by characters from certain other games? I notice a few classes that seem to take inspirations from games like Guilty Gear, Devil May Cry and Darkstalkers.

• Will there be any Support/Adjustments so players can have full or Partial controller support?

• BonzzyGXBonzzyGX Member
    edited June 2017

Hmm, my favorite class has to be the Gunmage~ any of it's versions really...
    Cats or a doberman;
    & my favorite NPC has to be Bren or the Wolf Shadow lady.
    In terms of questions about design, mechanics or development:
    -Are they considering in implementing more large scale guild/ team wars or PVE raids with parties of 10/12 or 5v5/ 8v8 besides the existing ones?
    -Will they continue to balance out some classes as the time goes by as well as add new skills as the lvl cap grows; while maybe also adding a double jump function to get to higher grounds in levels as well as to potentially better dodge some boss/ dungeon projectiles?
    -And maybe how important & advantageous is any of the stats to a particular class compared to the other- like accuracy & evasion, critical chance or reduction between Gunmage, Rogue, Warrior & Reaper for now?~ a some kind of standard guide of best possible build for any maybe?
    & most !mportantly could we have simple character trading for gold or loot?- like U just did a danger zone with a Warrior, U're a Gunmage and each of you got better items for each other & would just like to trade them between friends. Or you'd like to help a friend who just joined the game with some spare loot & gold, besides the obvious standard player trading system & not through the warehouse.
    Thanks for everything so far & Good job in most of the changes done for this CBT!

• Is it going to be possible to submit fan art or 3d models that we make to be made in to actual costumes?

• Can we create fanart for Kritika and sell them either online or at conventions?

• RaptorClawzRaptorClawz Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Will we get more pvp modes?

• RehaiRehai Member
    edited June 2017

Didn't know this game has this many lead game designers by the name of Seong Beom, LUL

• RedCrescendoRedCrescendo Member
    edited June 2017

Will this version be implementing an avatar/cosmetic appearance tab? So we can change appearance without reinvesting in a new costume?

• When obt starts I can't play cbt?

• ExpedExped Member

@RedCrescendo said:
    Will this version be implementing an avatar/cosmetic appearance tab? So we can change appearance without reinvesting in a new costume?

Oh wow, is that in CN/KR too. I would love that. Guild was actually talking about that the other day.

• I would like to play the game with japanese voices instead of english ones. Will there be any option for us when the game officially releases?

• Are all the upcoming classes that are released in the other servers coming out sooner or are we going to have to wait months/year?

• Will there be other classes added??

• TristitiaTristitia Member
    edited June 2017

@J9G439TKDR said:
    Are all the upcoming classes that are released in the other servers coming out sooner or are we going to have to wait months/year?

To answer your question, no source necessary, they will be releasing content patches/classes at a reasonable rate so that we are not flooded with content, but just fast enough that we'll catch up to other regions to participate in pvp tournaments (most likely within a year of release in terms of PvE and most likely just eough time before a major PvP tournament that our PvPers get used to the patch).

At least that seems to be the most logical thing that I came up from forum posts, streams as well as personal experience.

• Please. Just take this opportunity to transmit the sentiment of how long have I been waiting (and thinking I wouldn't be able) to play this game in my behalf.