We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Kritika Online Open Beta Kicks Off Next Week

Comments

• @Smoreceror said:

@DAOWAce said:
    Only 2 weeks?

Well, guess you guys didn't change much at all. Going to be extremely disappointed.

Aw, common. Give it a chance! Allm hasn't just been working on this while the CBT servers were offline. There was a great deal of preparation that was going on behind the scenes during CBT as well. We'll have a pretty extensive list of build notes going out next week, so take a look then!

@LadyPris said:
    If I was in the CBT but I never bought a Founders' Packs ... I will not be able to enter the 27th? :(

Nope, but you can still purchase a Founders' Pack and get that head start!

about the packs, will they be available after the lunch or only before it?

• BMosBMos Member

How long will the Founders' Pack be available?
    The initial 25% off sale ends at the end of Closed beta. The Founders' Pack will be available at regular price until at least Open Beta.
    (Taken from Kiritka Online FAQ)

This likely means the packs will only be available until June 29th when the Open Beta starts for everyone.

• BMosBMos Member

@XxDeadSoulsxX said:

How long will the Founders' Pack be available?
    The initial 25% off sale ends at the end of Closed beta. The Founders' Pack will be available at regular price until at least Open Beta.
    (Taken from Kiritka Online FAQ)

This likely means the packs will only be available until June 29th when the Open Beta starts for everyone.

• @XxDeadSoulsxX said:

@Smoreceror said:

@DAOWAce said:
    Only 2 weeks?

Well, guess you guys didn't change much at all. Going to be extremely disappointed.

Aw, common. Give it a chance! Allm hasn't just been working on this while the CBT servers were offline. There was a great deal of preparation that was going on behind the scenes during CBT as well. We'll have a pretty extensive list of build notes going out next week, so take a look then!

@LadyPris said:
    If I was in the CBT but I never bought a Founders' Packs ... I will not be able to enter the 27th? :(

Nope, but you can still purchase a Founders' Pack and get that head start!

wont be available after start of obt , the founders packs sale stops prier , obt starts for founders on tues 27th and every one else on thurs 29th

Source: https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/156/kritika-online-faq/p1

• Patch Notes PLEASE! <3

• 7% got to 65 holy hell people are so lazy that or bad lol

• FinalSinFinalSin Member

Can us EU players get a different head start time to NA please. 9:00 a.m. PDT Is quite late for us living in the eu and really isn't a full 2 day head start.

• @P4F9PND6HF said:
    7% got to 65 holy hell people are so lazy that or bad lol

It depends. They never posted how they measured that reported statistics. For instance, if they could include all characters ever created (including alts or classes people tried and switched to something else) that would most likely underestimate the amount of players who actually reached level 65. If they based it off of accounts or active players, that may give more representative figures.

• tisnotmetisnotme Member
    edited June 2017

@FinalSin said:
    Can us EU players get a different head start time to NA please. 9:00 a.m. PDT Is quite late for us living in the eu and really isn't a full 2 day head start.

so we start shift workers at a different time too as its unfair and for me 9am pdt is 0000am the 28th and I work from 6am but ill be up to log my characters and then work with what I have
    if you change the time for one group it will affect still another group and a third group will still take advantage of it

• TristitiaTristitia Member
    edited June 2017

@tisnotme said:

@FinalSin said:

so we start shift workers at a different time too as its unfair and for me 9am pdt is 0000am the 28th and I work from 6am but ill be up to log my characters and then work with what I have
    if you change the time for one group it will affect still another group and a third group will still take advantage of it

That's exactly why he is asking for a different head start time compared to NA, as in we don't start at the same time. It won't affect you at all.

• @Tristitia said:

@tisnotme said:

@FinalSin said:

That's exactly why he is asking for a different head start time compared to NA, as in we don't start at the same time. It won't affect you at all.

hold on how do you know it wont affect me ?? I didn't even state what server id be in to start so changing may affect me
    and second you totally missed the point as it wont matter when the time starts there are some it will make happy some it wont and some that will go out of their way to advantage of it
    so do you set up EU server start time to suit east central or west ?? still going to be upset peoples

• @tisnotme said:

@Tristitia said:

@tisnotme said:

@FinalSin said:

hold on how do you know it wont affect me ?? I didn't even state what server id be in to start so changing may affect me
    and second you totally missed the point as it wont matter when the time starts there are some it will make happy some it wont and some that will go out of their way to advantage of it
    so do you set up EU server start time to suit east central or west ?? still going to be upset peoples

The point is regardless of when NA starts if you are EU or when EU starts if you are NA, it won't affect you (talking about if we get separate start/reset times).

And no, I did not miss the point about some people being happy and some not. I'm saying that it's better to have resets at midnight GMT+1 (so midnight at local server time as servers are in Germany afaik) than at 6/7/8 in the morning.The 1h+/- time difference for east/west EU isn't that much.

Sure some people won't be happy with that but it makes the most sense to have dailies reset when a new day starts.

• Whether you are a kid, a student or an adult, having the daily reset at midnight is quite possibly the worst time you can imagine. The best daily resets are always somewhere between 4AM and 9AM, when the fewest people are actively playing.

edited June 2017

@Indalacheon said:
    Whether you are a kid, a student or an adult, having the daily reset at midnight is quite possibly the worst time you can imagine. The best daily resets are always somewhere between 4AM and 9AM, when the fewest people are actively playing.

I beg to disagree because whether you are a kid, a student or an adult, you are most likely going to sleep by the time the reset happens, given the situation that the majority of people have to wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning. If we assume that the majority of the EU playerbase would be from central/western eastern Europe that would be 1/2 in the morning.

And for the people that don't go to sleep at 1/2 in the morning because they have a gaming night, you should take into consideration that by the time that midnight/reset hits, the majority of the players are going to be at 0 or really close to 0 RP. So the people that actually have time to play would be much happier to actually get drops during their gaming night instead of continuing with the terrible drop rates.

I agree that 4-9 in the morning seems the best time to reset daily quests since it's the time the majority of people are offline, but that's only because other games' loot drop rates don't rely on a depleting stamina system which only refreshes with the daily reset.

• ExpedExped Member

@Indalacheon said:
    Whether you are a kid, a student or an adult, having the daily reset at midnight is quite possibly the worst time you can imagine. The best daily resets are always somewhere between 4AM and 9AM, when the fewest people are actively playing.

Weren't they 6am in cbt

• IndalacheonIndalacheon Member
    edited June 2017

edited June 2017

@Indalacheon said:
    Actually I said it the other way around. There is no difference between midnight and 6AM for a person who DOESNT do anything meaningful during the day, he can spend his RP whenever but it DOES matter for someone who has obligations during the day because he then feels forced to spend his RP by midnight.

Either way I think the discussion is meaningless, EU will most likely have the same reset as NA.

My comment got deleted because of the crappy forum bot.

The problem with this is that you are punishing players that do have the time to play and spend all of their RP before midnight. This is counter intuitive. Why would you punish a player for putting in more time than someone else, just because the person can't spend his RP by the time the resets happen. This is regardless of when the reset happens. It's blocking progress for the player putting in more time.

Also you are completely leaving out the fact that even if the reset happens at midnight it's a new day for the player that has obligations at day. It's the exact same routine for someone that starts in the middle of the day or 2 hours before resets because he doesn't actually start playing 2 hours before the reset but at the start of the reset. Do you get it?

If I start to play at 10 in the evening and the resets happen at midnight, I'm already going to be somewhere low on RP because I already used it in the morning when I played after yesterday's reset. You're acting like there is no previous day.

Like said I really get what you are trying to say, but due to the RP system a daily reset time at 4-9 in the morning is simply bad. There is more benefit to letting 50% of the players get a RP reset at midnight when they are active but have 0 RP than it is to have it reset at 4-9 when there is almost nobody active just to let the 10% of people that, can't use their RP by midnight, use it up.

• lily89lily89 Member

@Smoreceror
    I know that we only have 4 characters for now but do you have any news about the upcoming chars ? Like when they will come to US/Eu version please ? Thank you .

• FinalSinFinalSin Member

Asking for a separate EU time from NA for head-start is fair IMO. I remember when a game called swordsman online had a really late time for EU because of NA and last minute the company change the EU time and open the server early for the EU. Personally head-start starts at 17.00 for me GMT that's not to bad of course but I would of liked to seize the day a bit more NA get 9 am so people who live near that time zone get a really good head start of course not all people in NA will start at that time but still would be better than my 17.00 and I'm sure many others in the EU.

Also since I have bought the founders packs one would assume to get 2 days of head start. As that's what I paid for its the same as getting 3 costumes instead of 4. it looks like borderline false advertising I'm sure in EME Terms and Conditions they can do what they like. Call me crazy but I like to get what I paid for.

• DaraxDarax Member

i fully agree with you

• Eme I want my start at 9am the 27th too for au players instead of 0000am the 28th even tho we still get the 48 hr (2 day) head start

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

Already!? I have a hard time believing much of the data, and suggestions from "closed" beta (considering how many keys were given out, anyone could get in really), were used to make changes for open beta when there was only a two week gap between them. Feels like the whole thing was planed, and the "closed" beta all but pointless.

Then what about that absurd 5x, or so damage increase seen in closed beta, vs other versions, will that carry forward, or are you taming it down? Some that liked it said it made the game more difficult, and like Dark Souls. The game was not really designed around such high damage though, we can even use Dark Souls, and Bloodborne as an example of why, since both were developed by the same company, but provide a different game play experience. Now with the Dark Souls mob damage is high, although unless you foolishly run around drawing more agro than you should, you'd generally only be dealing with some 2-4 mobs at a time, the combat is also more slow paced, with you trying to look for potentially small windows of opportunity to attack. By comparison Bloodborne is a faster paced game, has you dealing with more mobs at once, and they do decidedly less damage by comparison than in Dark Souls. Kritika is an even more fast paced game than Bloodborne, has you routinely dealing with larger groups of mobs than in Bloodborne, and has more elite class mobs mixed in with regular mobs than in either of the other two games. Following the examples of Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, mob damage in Kritika should be less than seen in Bloodborne, not relatively speaking, as high, or higher than Dark Souls, such high damage just doesn't work well for this game, and will surely drive away more potential players, than it could ever draw in.

The comically sad part of this is how I all but predicted it before closed beta when I recounted the "difficulty" change NCSoft made to Blade & Soul during the NA/EU closed beta due to people complaining that what was purposely easy, ultimately early game content was too easy, so they increased the damage, and HP of mobs, which made later content more of a pain since it was a global change. What is it with NA/EU publishers, and this move towards artificial difficulty by increasing the damage, and HP of mobs in our releases of Asian games?

• CarthhCarthh Member

@PhoenixShi said:
    snip

I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make here, are you saying Kritika was too difficult? If that is the case they put in different difficulty modes so that players that had trouble on the tougher difficulties could go down to Normal and Easy until they were ready for Hard and Insane. I played through all available content in the game, including the end game dungeons and if anything it just gets easier as you get more gear.

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

@Carthh said:

@PhoenixShi said:
    snip

I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make here, are you saying Kritika was too difficult? If that is the case they put in different difficulty modes so that players that had trouble on the tougher difficulties could go down to Normal and Easy until they were ready for Hard and Insane. I played through all available content in the game, including the end game dungeons and if anything it just gets easier as you get more gear.

As I said, it's artificial difficulty, it doesn't make playing actually more difficult, just annoying, and deaths feel cheap. Such high damage as I described through my Dark Souls, and Bloodborne comparison just doesn't fit with the pace, and mob volume, or arrangement in Kritika.

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

@PhoenixShi said:

@Carthh said:

@PhoenixShi said:
    snip

As I said, it's artificial difficulty, it doesn't make playing actually more difficult, just annoying, and deaths feel cheap. Such high damage as I described through my Dark Souls, and Bloodborne comparison just doesn't fit with the pace, and mob volume, or arrangement in Kritika.

the damage is fine. The NA version brought us a challange i played for years the difficulty on other server is just a too easy and make you bored quite fast you have try to not get hit at all which personally i love. The faceroll difficulty on here wouldnt be that great of a idea

• @Natorious said:

@PhoenixShi said:

@Carthh said:

@PhoenixShi said:
    snip

the damage is fine. The NA version brought us a challange i played for years the difficulty on other server is just a laughing stock and make you bored quite here you have try to not get hit at all which personally Love so i am Fine with the difficulty there is if you want stuff easy go ahead play SEA and Leave the difficulty alone or git gut

I would disagree with u, maybe now it's ok difficult for NA version, but when our game get to the patch with new dungeon like spacetime where u have only 4 resurrection per dungeon etc. that's will be different story, coz even on SEA boss in those dungeons can kill u in one shot and mobs deal very high damage, and now add damage increase for NA version, and u get game where u must clear dungeon without a single hit or u dead, that's not rly funny.

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

@BellMorte said:

@Natorious said:

@PhoenixShi said:

@Carthh said:

@PhoenixShi said:
    snip

the damage is fine. The NA version brought us a challange i played for years the difficulty on other server is just a laughing stock and make you bored quite here you have try to not get hit at all which personally Love so i am Fine with the difficulty there is if you want stuff easy go ahead play SEA and Leave the difficulty alone or git gut

I would disagree with u, maybe now it's ok difficult for NA version, but when our game get to the patch with new dungeon like spacetime where u have only 4 resurrection per dungeon etc. that's will be different story, coz even on SEA boss in those dungeons can kill u in one shot and mobs deal very high damage, and now add damage increase for NA version, and u get game where u must clear dungeon without a single hit or u dead, that's not rly funny.

Starhenge had resurection limits as well when it was Endgame they removed it in our version. I personally enjoy to dodge attacks sure some people dont know the patterns of certain bosses. But its a learning curve which everyone interested in this game need to deal with

• RehaiRehai Member

Whatever happened to "We'll be giving OBT news all throughout the week"?

• ExpedExped Member
    edited June 2017

They are letting us patch today, and patch notes!!

• @Exped said:
    They are letting us patch today, and patch notes!!

Sauce?