[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Only one 1-day elite per account from levelling event?

Hi, last time there was a leveling event when brawler was released I got I think 3 or maybe 4 of these things. Found them really handy since I'm one of those on-again/off-again elite players.

So I thought I'd do the same thing again this time and grab a few.

Leveled up a char yesterday to 20, got the scroll. Deleted the character today and thought I'd do it again. Got to 20 and no scroll in the mail :(

I mean, it's fine, and fair enough if the devs just want to give 1 per account, they have to make their moneys some how. Just didn't see any asterisks on the announcement saying that it was the case.

Perhaps it might not be once per account, perhaps it is once per server. Or perhaps my problem was I used the same name on the 2nd character and it had already registered as giving a scroll to a char of that name. Anyways, just wondering if any one has got a second scroll?

Comments

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how it should have been, one 1-day Elite scroll per event/account. Try leveling a character on another server to Lv20.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it did change, it is fine, you could easily be power leveled to 20, which means you could have gotten elite for a very long time with no effort before. So, of course it meant people probably did this which would result in a change eventually. Although, if they did limit it I think it should last longer than a single day.
  • Just made a new character to try it and I still got a 2nd day of elite.
  • TorchideTorchide ✭✭✭
    I got 2 in total. Stopped granting after that.

Three tries after 2 resulted in nothing. Having the same or different character name does not matter.

I got my first 2 very early on in the event.

Grinded ~15 of these things last event though. Perks of having multiple accounts with geared 65s on them.
  • HippyKHippyK ✭✭
    Interesting.

So one person got a second day of elite.

Another person got 2 days but couldn't get a third

I wonder if it is a 1 per 24 hour period thing perhaps? As a sort of anti-farming thing.

Might try again.
  • I got 3... 1 for every different char (3 in total). still have to level them up and maybe after that i'll make another one
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    If it did change, it is fine, you could easily be power leveled to 20, which means you could have gotten elite for a very long time with no effort before. So, of course it meant people probably did this which would result in a change eventually.

OK< let's get a little real here. The vouchers don't stack and grinding them is absolutely mind-numbingly boring. Nobody in their right mind would farm those to have elite for a "very long time".

Now, I ran into the same issue(I was looking for 2-3 scrolls on an alt account). Asked support and they basically said they don't know if it's intentional or not and will make an announcement when they figure out what's going on. On that note, I'll go back to that account today and check if I'll get a 2nd scrolls(having not levelled a char in a few days there).
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    OK< let's get a little real here. The vouchers don't stack and grinding them is absolutely mind-numbingly boring. Nobody in their right mind would farm those to have elite for a "very long time"..

You wouldn't, I wouldn't, how ever, others might.
    edited May 2016

My point was, it's not practical. You'd need good 5h of grinding and 30 bank slots to get 1 month of elite. In those 5 hours of grinding something more profitable, you could easily earn at least 1 30-day elite voucher(possibly even more, depending on your skill cap).
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭

My point was, it's not practical. You'd need good 5h of grinding and 30 bank slots to get 1 month of elite. In those 5 hours of grinding something more profitable, you could easily earn at least 1 30-day elite voucher(possibly even more, depending on your skill cap).

You can do it in less, and there's quite a lot of downtime where people are doing nothing, so your options are either doing something mindless, or not playing at all. There's also the fact that the majority doesn't know how to make 50~60k in 5 hours (cost for buying a 30 day Elite scroll). it takes a lot of them a week or more of playing a couple to few hours a day to get that. So, again, I wasn't talking about what you or I would do.
    edited May 2016
    You can do it in less,

No, actually, you can't. You'd need to create the char, bring it to the levelling spot, move between mobs/wait for mobs to respawn. 10 minutes is as fast as it gets.
    There's also the fact that the majority doesn't know how to make 50~60k in 5 hours (cost for buying a 30 day Elite scroll). it takes a lot of them a week or more of playing a couple to few hours a day to get that.

So, they can't make 50-60k for elite but they totally can make 40-100k per bank pet to keep all their 1 day elite vouchers in.
    So, again, I wasn't talking about what you or I would do.

So, again, I'm not talking about what you or I would do. I'm talking about what SANE people do, as in THE VAST MAJORITY. The 5 or so people who'd farm a lot of those vouchers are not RELEVANT to the profit of the game. What's more, the people who'd farm a few would NOT be buying elite regardless of whether they get a few free vouchers or not because those people don't NEED 30 days of elite.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, actually, you can't. You'd need to create the char, bring it to the levelling spot, move between mobs/wait for mobs to respawn. 10 minutes is as fast as it gets.

I rather not discuss the optimal way of doing things, either way, I had still went along with your time frame.
    So, they can't make 50-60k for elite but they totally can make 40-100k per bank pet to keep all their 1 day elite vouchers in.

They can have a character hold it, so the pet wouldn't even be necessary. There are other things as well, and your math is wrong too. Although, again, I am not going to explain the details on how to go about this. The cost of this storage ranges from a couple hundred gold to a few thousand depending on the method.
    So, again, I'm not talking about what you or I would do. I'm talking about what SANE people do, as in THE VAST MAJORITY. The 5 or so people who'd farm a lot of those vouchers are not RELEVANT to the profit of the game. What's more, the people who'd farm a few would NOT be buying elite regardless of whether they get a few free vouchers or not because those people don't NEED 30 days of elite.

What is, and isn't, "sane" is going to vary from person to person, so this is again another personal bias of yours. If there is, or isn't, anyone abusing this I wouldn't know how many, nor did I say this would be why they limited it, if they did. I only said if they did, this could have been a reason, as what other reason would there be anyways? As I said, I understand that you would not be interested in doing this, as I personally would just fall a sleep if I tried, but don't assume that you represent everyone. I have seen people do some fairly silly things, so don't underestimate people.

Anyways, that's all I'm going to really say, hopefully there ends up being an answer as to whether this is intended or not.
  • TorchideTorchide ✭✭✭
    One level 20 = 8 minutes
    30 level 20s = 240 minutes, or 4 hours
    30 day elite voucher = 50k

-> 12.5k earned per hour

In addition to that, you can make a 1 day elite voucher last longer than one day.
    So, how many people do both of you know who farm a lot of vouchers? And, no, 10 is not "a lot".

Also, no, you can't make 24h last longer than 24h. That's not how time works.
  • JasonLucasJasonLucas ✭✭✭
    I got 1 only, I tried with 2 others new characters without success.