[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Network Outages Compensation

Comments

• SylvietteSylviette ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Your new "end date" (right before you got billed for the next month) got pushed back for another 30 days.
    Ex: if you would get billed on Dec 20th, now you would get billed on Jan 21th (30 days after).

To be honest I would prefer triple drop every weekend for the next 4 weeks. EME wouldn't have lost 1 month of elite sub revenue, and since the connection issue still remains, ppl would prefer to do less dungeons and get rewarded more rather than being able (or forced) to do more dungeons during this lag.
  • Sylviette wrote: »
    Your new "end date" (right before you got billed for the next month) got pushed back for another 30 days.
    Ex: if you would get billed on Dec 20th, now you would get billed on Jan 21th (30 days after).

If this is true, then something must be wrong. My Elite renewal date was Jan 02 2017 and since logging in it's now changed to Jan 17 2017. Which is 15 days.

• So it says that "everyone" gets elite status for 15 days... I have relogged 4 times and there's still no elite status. Is there some other specific criteria that you need to get the free elite status compensation?
  • Honestly, I'm not happy with this. Sure, I'm glad you guys are finally adressing what happened, but I pay for elite anyways every month, it makes no diference for me if I don't pay it 1 month.
    Honestly, the best compensation you could give us is proof of investment for better servers. It's been a while since they can't handle events and things like that. I don't want free stuff, just better servers so I can enjoy the game everyday. Not when I don't dc/lag/spike to death :c!
  • Ketoth wrote: »
    Just a little of-topic : the image is suppose to be which area of TERA ?

I believe that's a green area inside Eldritch Academy area
  • MusitaMusita ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @Spacecats, check this a bit, so you can add the missing letter. <3
    R7esoaa.jpg
  • @Spacecats i sent an updated ticket with current situations from my area, see that ops gets a hold of it to help with these issues. trace and ping on the server is in the ticket. otherwise i'm hoping that this will be fixed as soon as possible
  • edited December 2016
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Why in the [filtered] did you change it from 30 days for elite players to 15 for everyone. Going back on promises for compensation just makes you look like you dont care.

It's explained here:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/10135/update-to-network-outage-compensation-delivery-schedule

...it's to prevent people from using 1-day vouchers and sort of "abusing" the promo. It's 30 days added up differently to avoid this loophole.

So it says that "everyone" gets elite status for 15 days... I have relogged 4 times and there's still no elite status. Is there some other specific criteria that you need to get the free elite status compensation?
    It should work for everyone, but you may have to completely restart the launcher for it to take effect. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by relogging, or you just mean going in and out of a character.
  • So lets say right now is December 17(my time). My elite status expires on December 24. If I login right now, will the extra 15 days overwrite the remaining days of my elite so it expires on Jan 1 or will it add 15 days more after my elite expires so it will now expire on Jan 8?
  • So lets say right now is December 17(my time). My elite status expires on December 24. If I login right now, will the extra 15 days overwrite the remaining days of my elite so it expires on Jan 1 or will it add 15 days more after my elite expires so it will now expire on Jan 8?

It should bump you to January 8 for now. And then, on January 7 (if you login then) it should bump you again to January 23.

It should bump you to January 8 for now. And then, on January 7 (if you login then) it should bump you again to January 23.

ohhh alright thank you :)
  • thanks for the extra elite status, can't wait till january for the next 15 days. you guys are awesome. plus people, read before whining. it does help alot
  • edited December 2016
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Honestly, the best compensation you could give us is proof of investment for better servers. It's been a while since they can't handle events and things like that. I don't want free stuff, just better servers so I can enjoy the game everyday.
    i said it several times already. upgrade hardware. i think its not only NA network problems but also EME outdated servers too. upgrade instead of losing money again giving everyone free stuff for a month. imo

I actually don't think any of the issues are hardware related. Because of the nature of the observed problems, I think the server-wide spikes are either caused by a) network equipment problems at the hosting provider, or b) bugs in the server software. Capacity issues are super-easy to see and solve, and I don't think there's any real basis to assume there are capacity-related problems right now (particularly not if population is actually declining as people say). Turing off an event like Dreamstorm wouldn't be because the servers aren't powerful enough to handle it, but because whatever it's doing is bugged.

Put it this way, the people in operations get extra stress and pressure every time there are failures, so if it were something as simple as upgrading the CPU, bumping up the RAM, or upgrading some hard drives, they'd have done it months ago. The human cost of these failures (including all the added support, and the effective cost is the compensation) is way, way more than it would cost to upgrade server hardware. So I don't think it's anything that simple. (Just like how even upgrading your desktop computer won't solve all the client-side slowdown and framerate drops either, because the game's programming is buggy and non-optimized. Servers run software too, and I wouldn't magically assume that BHS is better at that then they are at the client-side stuff.)
  • You might be right Counterpoint, but I'll tell you what I do know, I play a number of MMORPGs as I am sure many of us do and I have watched EME have consistently unstable servers since beta. Sure form time-to-time it gets a bit better but this is the only game where I am constantly dying due to lag of all the games I play. Plenty of other companies seem to be able to provide a decent, lag free experience, why can't EME do the same for Tera. Either they aren't doing what needs to be done or they are incompetent. I would like to think it isn't the latter in this case.