Marrow Brooch Update

Normally for something like this I'd let it get uncovered in the patch notes, but I know there have been some discussions on the forum about this, and there may be some people who have already set up transactions for after the next maintenance window.

As players have noted, the item description for the Marrow Brooch from Harrowhold says that it is not tradable, but in fact it is possible currently to do so. We've investigated this to make sure we follow the intended behavior for the item, and the correct behavior is that the Brooch should not be tradable. I expect this to be fixed during the next maintenance update on Tuesday morning (PST).

Comments

• oooooooooorrrrr

bare with me

we keep them tradable

sounds good to me
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    How about bankable, but not tradeable?
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but i wonder, this change will prevent the brooch to be tradeable from one player to another, but it wont stop a 29 man raid from selling the brooch to a single person right? Call me party pooper, but i don't think the brooch should be obtainable that way either. The brooch is there to reward the player who put the most effort into the whole raid, and lets be honest "That" guild who's selling the brooch, i doubt anyone but Kamizuma has that much gold stored to outright buy it.
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    Selling runs can't be prevented. Indeed, nothing stops 29 persons from carrying a 30th and selling the brooch in that way. It's more than doable.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Interesting, but i wonder, this change will prevent the brooch to be tradeable from one player to another, but it wont stop a 29 man raid from selling the brooch to a single person right? Call me party pooper, but i don't think the brooch should be obtainable that way either. The brooch is there to reward the player who put the most effort into the whole raid, and lets be honest "That" guild who's selling the brooch, i doubt anyone but Kamizuma has that much gold stored to outright buy it.

How would you prevent carrying a 29th person exactly? You can still pull enough DPS with one dude dead on the ground the entire fight just by dropping a priest, probably would still work when even down a single dps. You usually run 3 mystics 5 priests, but 4 priests 3 mystics is still just as fine to carry someone.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Banim wrote: »

I like bankable, though you still need to do something about not being able to repeat quests.
  • NoctivNoctiv ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Obs wrote: »

I like bankable, though you still need to do something about not being able to repeat quests.

I've talked to support about the brooch repeatable quest, the EME member that responded to my ticket just said it was a hard no unfortunately.

As for the head brooch, I strongly support it staying bankable.
  • So you guys can fix things like trading brooches and etching boxes withing 2-4 weeks but you cant change the bravery potion cd to 30 minutes within 2 entire years of people asking.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Xristosx wrote: »
    So you guys can fix things like trading brooches and etching boxes withing 2-4 weeks but you cant change the bravery potion cd to 30 minutes within 2 entire years of people asking.
    Different issue that needs BHS to fix.
  • XerrayXerray ✭✭✭
    Still the question, will they stay bankable or not? @Noesis
  • edited December 2016
    Selling runs can't be prevented. Indeed, nothing stops 29 persons from carrying a 30th and selling the brooch in that way. It's more than doable.

yes it can be lol, just disable the ability to roll/pass on certain items all together and have computer do it itself by sending an item thru parcel to a random person in that raid.
  • XerrayXerray ✭✭✭
    that would be a pretty bad idea for guild runs and statics oO i dont think you've thought it through
  • All I see is people complaining about a lack of capitalizing on the brooch. One per char should be enough if you want to have it on another char run that one through HH if you believe a carry is possible.

There's plenty of other ways to get gold on here. Besides the only use I'd find for a brooch like that now is Open world PvP or GvG.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    There is a lot of people who used to farm with macros and multiclient, so there are others than Kamizuma who could buy it. Actually making it untradable is worse because only statics will be able to sell it making the price more monopolized.
  • Brooches go for roughly 2m on MT if you find a seller, all this change does is make it so you have to carry one person which isn't too too bad. I do still like how EmE can change an items ability to trade (when it's not harming anything really) but not modify an items CD, oh wait they did modify the CD on gold hunters boost for Elites....