[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance on 08/19 at 7pm, and expect a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Tera in 2k17

What do you think happens now, obviously KTERA will keep throwing out new patches with more dull boring content, and more new overpowered genderlocked classes, so what do you think is left for TERA? Is this the end in 2017? Discuss.

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    more b00b, more cute elin

it is the only thing i do in tera, i just wait the end
  • Tera will continue until 2020 that is a known fact. The real purpose of the game is to dress up your characters many players will stop in mid tier gear while the majority will still proceed to gear up in +15 gear, but as long as there is grind for new gear and new costumes to spend gold on Tera isn't going anywhere. The combat is why the game is still alive apart from the "Elin" race, other than that even if content is rehashed and boring that won't really kill the game at all. What will happen is the players who want Beserker and Slayer to get a proper rework will sit in the pits of medium-low tier dps or switch to Lunar dancer or any other class better, though i do say Beserker is in a better spot but could still use more work to make it catch up to ninja level dps. Praise to Archer and Sorcerer getting attention, Warrior is getting hooked up next, soon after Lancer gets worked on, but slayer is really just a dead fish at this point.
  • Tera will never die until a new game with an almost identical combat system comes out. The only reason I keep coming back is because the combat mechanics have spoiled me.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    TERA has lasted for 4 years already, and is soon gonna be the 5th anniversary. That is a big feat to accomplish for any MMO. BHS is still throwing revamps for the original classes, which is one of the best moves they had done so far, knowing the new classes get much more attention from the players due to their flashy skills and combat tricks.

Next in line for the revamps are the Bezerker and Slayer, Slayer being the first one i suppose with the release of the new Glaive user class. After that it will come hopefully Lancer, cause even with all of the fixes for Lancer and nerfs to Brawler, Brawler is still a much more popular choice of tank for most groups.

Alongside that there is the promise BHS made of Housing. In one of their interviews, they said they would re purpose the Sky Castles, and add a Housing system, which is something players have been crying out loud for 4 years. If they manage to pull it off really good, they might just make a lot of people return to TERA with a good housing system. Pretty much every new MMO that is coming out, and existing ones like ESO, are adding or already came with a Housing system. Lets face it, Housing is a big part of every MMO. TERA had this originally, but for some [filtered] reason it got scrapped.

The rest will depend on how well each Publisher (Gameforge, EME, Nexon) can keep players hooked to the game. See WoW, with its dated graphics and dated combat design, pretty much everything in WoW is dated except the ever changing lore, yet Blizzard somehow manages to keep players attention.

So things to look after in 2017 for TERA:
    - Revamp of remaining classes.
    - Housing
    - Major fixes to dungeons and scaling.
    - Major fixes for stability and Optimization.
    - A really, REALLY, REAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY good 5th Anniversary event here in NA. (the last one was kinda dull)

Ill be Honest, i wanna know what EME and Spacecats have under the sleeve for 2017, cause 2016 was probably the worse year for TERA.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    I just want a big Optimization fix for this game. It make my very expensive PC build look like a potato.
  • If we look at the fact that there are no guilds past 100 ppl looks like tera is loosing players not so much wining a new ones. I guess that p2w thing is gonna destroy good designed battle system and good graphics game. Gender locked classe with only making dresses for shop and nothing much to do in game only waste of time and companys that do not care about the players only wanting money also no ways to farm gold in the game so it is noraml that this game is going downhill.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    4MLKH7KKEE wrote: »
    If we look at the fact that there are no guilds past 100 ppl looks like tera is loosing players not so much wining a new ones. I guess that p2w thing is gonna destroy good designed battle system and good graphics game. Gender locked classe with only making dresses for shop and nothing much to do in game only waste of time and companys that do not care about the players only wanting money also no ways to farm gold in the game so it is noraml that this game is going downhill.

Most new players i find, dont even last past level 30, and max at 40 they leave, not because of EME or BHS or anything like that, but because of us, the community. Community is also something new players look in a game, and is one of the reasons why WoW has stayed alive for so long. When a new player ask a question, what is the response we usually give to them? It is something like this (unfortunately)
    - "Gid Gud"
    - "Shut up"
    - "Go Farm"
    - "Go Solo"

Is this how we welcome new players? no wonder no one makes it pass level 30, because no one of the veteran players is there to give a helping hand, even if its just answering questions, or if we indeed are there, we treat em like trash that is not worth our time.

The P2W topic is very... Difficult... to say the least. Everyone has a different definition of P2W. I am gonna guess yours is the same as the rest: Buy EMP, Sell in game for gold, Buy +15, win. That is not P2W, but i could go on about it and never end, so I'm gonna leave it at that with this: The only item in the shop that could be considered P2W are the Dragon Mounts (Innerwears do not count, cause the stats provided by em do not give you any sort of advantage over other players)

Most of us share the same opinion about gender locking: It sucks. But realize BHS is not the only one who pull this on us. MAny other game devs, for the sake of saving resources, will resort to gender locking, race locking. And lets face it, the ultimate end game in any game is Fashion, Dress up, or whatever you may wanna call it (Even in the new Revelation Online, Fashion is a thing, in the way of who has the most kawaii character) So on that topic, every game developer will at some point, make silly costumes for sell and this will never stop, because it works.

No ways to farm gold? I think you get enough gold on a single character by just doing Vanguard Dailies. You just gonna be smart about what to do with those IoD tokens and the Vanguard Credits.

Like i said, TERA saw its worse year in 2016, which is why many have already jumped ship, but anyways, 2016 was overall a really bad year for the whole gaming industry.

PS: At this point, you will be much happier playing the game knowing ALL Eastern MMOs will have a degree of P2W. Embrace the fact.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    well the dragon mount and the +15 stuff doesnt really help tera to avoid the p2w

i dont remember we say to new player

- "Gid Gud"
    - "Shut up"
    - "Go Farm"
    - "Go Solo"

majority of time we answer their questions, else we suggest them to sacrifice a cute elin or sell elin honey or sell their bodies B)
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    If we look at the fact that there are no guilds past 100 ppl looks like tera is loosing players not so much wining a new ones. I guess that p2w thing is gonna destroy good designed battle system and good graphics game. Gender locked classe with only making dresses for shop and nothing much to do in game only waste of time and companys that do not care about the players only wanting money also no ways to farm gold in the game so it is noraml that this game is going downhill.

Most new players i find, dont even last past level 30, and max at 40 they leave, not because of EME or BHS or anything like that, but because of us, the community. Community is also something new players look in a game, and is one of the reasons why WoW has stayed alive for so long. When a new player ask a question, what is the response we usually give to them? It is something like this (unfortunately)
    - "Gid Gud"
    - "Shut up"
    - "Go Farm"
    - "Go Solo"

Is this how we welcome new players? no wonder no one makes it pass level 30, because no one of the veteran players is there to give a helping hand, even if its just answering questions, or if we indeed are there, we treat em like trash that is not worth our time.

The P2W topic is very... Difficult... to say the least. Everyone has a different definition of P2W. I am gonna guess yours is the same as the rest: Buy EMP, Sell in game for gold, Buy +15, win. That is not P2W, but i could go on about it and never end, so I'm gonna leave it at that with this: The only item in the shop that could be considered P2W are the Dragon Mounts (Innerwears do not count, cause the stats provided by em do not give you any sort of advantage over other players)

Most of us share the same opinion about gender locking: It sucks. But realize BHS is not the only one who pull this on us. MAny other game devs, for the sake of saving resources, will resort to gender locking, race locking. And lets face it, the ultimate end game in any game is Fashion, Dress up, or whatever you may wanna call it (Even in the new Revelation Online, Fashion is a thing, in the way of who has the most kawaii character) So on that topic, every game developer will at some point, make silly costumes for sell and this will never stop, because it works.

No ways to farm gold? I think you get enough gold on a single character by just doing Vanguard Dailies. You just gonna be smart about what to do with those IoD tokens and the Vanguard Credits.

Like i said, TERA saw its worse year in 2016, which is why many have already jumped ship, but anyways, 2016 was overall a really bad year for the whole gaming industry.

PS: At this point, you will be much happier playing the game knowing ALL Eastern MMOs will have a degree of P2W. Embrace the fact.

Contrary to what you think, 90% of the people who respond don't respond that way. It is really just that not many checks global (which was a common avenue people ask questions), and area chat in low level areas.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭

Guilds cap at 100 accounts without expanding. Guilds tend to have 100~200 account limits in Korean games.
  • vkobe wrote: »
    well the dragon mount and the +15 stuff doesnt really help tera to avoid the p2w

i dont remember we say to new player

- "Gid Gud"
    - "Shut up"
    - "Go Farm"
    - "Go Solo"

majority of time we answer their questions, else we suggest them to sacrifice a cute elin or sell elin honey or sell their bodies B)

that's if you even get an answer. many times people just get ignored. I will give credit to ch server, I go there and ask in velika where people are role playing and I tend to get an answer to my question or they will tell me that they don't know. every now and then, some one will whisper me the answer so that they don't get bashed in av server. I wish they would have kept the alliance system. at least then you could meet new people in those areas. now its elite fashion show in highwatch, or afk in velika. I would like to see it to where if you are guildless that guilds maybe would try and make friends with you. maybe guilds could make an alt guild for helping new players and making friends, or some of eme people could start one to do the same. maybe its the time of day or night to blame for some of the players attitudes.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    more cute elin
    what you call 'cute elin' is actually another word restricted to mention here. but i think you are successful :)

edit - tera in 2017 will be just fine trust me. obviously there are always people out there eager to gamble with loot boxes, to play market, to show off power of their credit cards. so tera will be ok. content? action combat? who cares.

perv ers

my cute elin is no a grill or a girl, but only a cute elin, so dont insult her :)
  • I agree with the community problems. When I play Kumas no one want to take mama kuma cos others will curse at him all the time, but when game is played by 25 year old ppl that are missing first 20 years of their lives you cant really do anything. You cannot teach people how to tread others that is something they should teach them in family or school. And that is why I do like to play solo doing hard mode dungeons from IM. And I do explain mechanics sometimes and it is not hard time to do. It happened to me in the past in one guild they did say in whisper to me that one girl did not know how to play so they do not want to take her with them in dungeons so I said to him that no one is born knowing everything so I did took her with me and we did become friends, but she stoped playing not long after that and is more than a year from her last log on.