Etching needs revamp, it is gambling not crafting.

What is wrong with Etching? LUCK is the most important factor. WHY? It is a crafting.

It is not a gambling game, it is not lootboxes. If you don't get lucky, even with master additives, you are going to be screwed hard over and over. Etching is part of gearing now, etching can not be dismantled and we all know how often we have new gears, so all those expensive etching becomes so useless so fast. From the very start, you need scarabs, RNG at gathering with a very low chance, Then here comes crit on crafting tier 1 to get WD, Tier 1 etching is worthless, all those scarabs and scrolls gets rekt if you fail to crit. You use additive, you fail to crit, you get another worthless 3 day Tier II. Then you will use a perma Tier II to craft III which you are going to fail and there it goes that perma etch II. About the mats, if we don't get events, you know how stupid become to farm embers and stuff.

Etching shouldn't be this expensive and stupid. It is time to revamp this. It is like an accessory, and when gear is done, etching is done too. So it is not worth it really for many players. Look at prices, something that will be gone when gear is gone.

I failed 10 times with additives, 10 times, all the gold, all the effort I put to it, one crafting just pooped on it. This isn't acceptable, I have no freaking clue how it is OK with EME, BHS that efforts of players gets denied this simple.

Simple solutions:

1. We need to sets of etching for Tier II and III: Flawless version and normal version, Both permanent, Flawless version is what we have now when crited, Normal Perma version is a bit lower in number. So at the end we get a perma, that might differ in stats, for example in Normal version we get +5 power on etch II, while 7 on flawless.

2. when the 1st change happened, we increase the number of mats needed in a medium scale. Add numbers of needed mats for example.

With those 2 simple changes, we are going to create a better environment for Etching in the game I suppose.

Comments

• I find it actually a little more cost effective to yolo superior etching boxes... And this is coming from a fellow etcher...
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Everything in this game is heavily dependent on the RNG.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    How about we just get some simple crafting system like you get what you craft and that's it. Done.
    Just like how we craft our VM gear.

Or just make VM crafting RNG too... That will be fair for all.
  • Isnt this game full of rng and gambling?
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    It's RNG on RNG on RNG. Just terrible and so little reward at the end.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Deluso wrote: »
    How about we just get some simple crafting system like you get what you craft and that's it. Done.
    Just like how we craft our VM gear.

Making fair the crafting would be for VM craft add some changes, like having master tier and let anyone reach master level on all crafting.

I can't understand why shoul i lost my master title on etchins to have master on weapon or armor to craft Quaterfoilbrooch.

This kind of crafting system is good but need to be polished.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    VM crafting/enchantment is already very RNG heavy. It's rng when we roll on mats/design, and RNG af to +15 (anything from 5 to 300+ tries)
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Or just make VM crafting RNG too...
    also make it untradable and make liberation scroll attribute 'no longer usable'
    Yep, so we can dump our gear (impossible to recoup part of the cost) when they release new VM gear...
    There's already dumb VM8.5 for clueless ppl that think there's a single drop of "meritocracy" in this game.

Edit: Very weird sarcasm...

• PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    VM crafting/enchantment is already very RNG heavy. It's rng when we roll on mats/design, and RNG af to +15 (anything from 5 to 300+ tries, isn't that enough for you?)
    Yep, so we can dump our gear (impossible to recoup part of the cost) when they release new VM gear...
    There's already dumb VM8.5 for clueless ppl that think there's a single drop of "meritocracy" in this game.

I believe they were being sarcastic...
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    VM crafting/enchantment is already very RNG heavy. It's rng when we roll on mats/design, and RNG af to +15 (anything from 5 to 300+ tries, isn't that enough for you?)
    Well, enchanting is another part of RNG and what we are discussing here is plain and simple crafting RNG and surely you can't handle sarcasm.
  • The problem with etching is that we are missing the additive that gives 100% crit chance, they have them on EU Tera and etchings prices are a lot fairer there.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with etching is that we are missing the additive that gives 100% crit chance, they have them on EU Tera and etchings prices are a lot fairer there.

That will be another problem if they put a high price on it in the EMP store, unless a proper price would be set for it.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinopy wrote: »

I believe they were being sarcastic...

It's something that's been asked for before.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Noesis @Spacecats @Denommenator

If we are not gonna get the revamp give us the extra additives. This is getting really really stupid and no replies on any matter from you guys even makes it worse.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    TERA crafting system in general is horrible, instead of making it better they are just slowly doing away with it. You ask for a revamp they will just remove it.