NICE EVENT EME

Comments

• Guys... This wasn't an event.
    No one told us anything was going to drop from that statue.
    You all wasted your time just assuming..
  • if you dont want to hit a empty statue why would you, nobody said there was loot anyways except for trolls
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    Just like the Darkhan event two days ago? No one announced that either.
  • yea so now "give me reward or i quit ?" like i said since when did any statue drop loot
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    MattOsiris wrote: »
    yea so now "give me reward or i quit ?" like i said since when did any statue drop loot

Never even said that. Now you're just making an azz of yourself. Good job pleb
  • If the "Darkhan event" you're talking about is an event in which Spacecats came on and spawned Bosses in open world, he does that pretty much weekly. And it's always random. We've never seen anything like this "Kuma Statue" thing, especially unannounced.
  • MattOsirisMattOsiris ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    is it so bad to have random stuff spawned occasionaly? i mean its a video game nobody is crying or dying (i hope) pretty sure a statue cant attack back but if it did im sorry for your loss also other points about the game being in a bad state have nothing to do with this random statue
  • @XR6GREJ4WD
    No, it doesn't appear to have served a purpose in being there, but that doesn't mean people should be expecting something in return for removing it from that area.
    Who knows? Maybe it was supposed to be a sneak preview to an upcoming event and they didn't expect people to actually sit there for 6 hours to destroy it.
  • Amoretti wrote: »
    @XR6GREJ4WD
    No, it doesn't appear to have served a purpose in being there, but that doesn't mean people should be expecting something in return for removing it from that area.
    Who knows? Maybe it was supposed to be a sneak preview to an upcoming event and they didn't expect people to actually sit there for 6 hours to destroy it.

Why spawn it and then leave
    Why spawn it at all
    Why change the PVP settings
    Why not stay for the entire event
    Why not tell people
    Why not say something after it's killed
    Why?
    For me this is just another stupid thing EME has done.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattOsiris wrote: »
    yea so now "give me reward or i quit ?" like i said since when did any statue drop loot

oh well now i see more often i quit and unfortunally the guys who said that really left tera :confounded:
  • dingo790 wrote: »
    Amoretti wrote: »
    @XR6GREJ4WD

Why spawn it at all
    Why not tell people
    Why?

I still don't understand why people are freaking out about this though.
    It wasn't an event.
    It wasn't an event, so they didn't tell people...
    Everyone just assumed they would get something.
  • dingo790 wrote: »
    Amoretti wrote: »
    @XR6GREJ4WD

Why spawn it at all
    Why not tell people
    Why?

Perhaps some day you'll be working with or in R&D. There are things called "field trial". Now this is something that is done directly at the customer to see the real live effects you can't test on an empty test server. The field trials serve no direct selling purpose but to see an effects of certain parameters shifted. Field trials rarely come with direct (big) benefits for the customer if they are "strategically" ones.

Now I tossed in some weird management words. What do they mean? It could be possible that EME wants to try out new events. For this, they need to verify that the Kuma statues are working as intended. As the statues are only a part of the event, you can't make an event out of it, given that the statues cause bugs. You also can't put in rewards like Ambush, every sane player would know that this is [filtered]. Imagine Spacecats giving out Ambush in an unannounced event on one server only. The forums would overflow with jealousy and chaos.
  • its funny to see how mob mentality plays out. if there wasn't an announcement and someone saw it and just started attacking it, how long was it before someone else came up and asked what he was doing and just started attacking it also, then another...until it was what we saw. it would be so funny if spacecats just puts something new in an area just to see what people will do. he could really troll people for hours on end lol.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine Spacecats giving out Ambush in an unannounced event on one server only. The forums would overflow with jealousy and chaos.

but he did with starfall :3
  • dingo790dingo790
    edited January 2017
    There is a test server
    You realize that, right?