NICE EVENT EME

Comments

• dingo790 wrote: »
    There is a test server
    You realize that, right?

He specifically said, "there are things you can't test on a test server."
    And from past experiences, we should all know that 90% of the things they try on the test server don't work when they bring it to the real thing.
    A prime example: Dragon Tokens
  • Amoretti wrote: »
    dingo790 wrote: »
    There is a test server
    You realize that, right?

And from past experiences, we should all know that 90% of the things they try on the test server don't work when they bring it to the real thing.

Well, for that specific example, it wasn't a case of it not working -- it worked fine. It just got vetoed by higher-ups at BHS so they weren't allowed to use it.

But, an example is the issue with Civil Unrest: Velika when it first came out -- worked fine on test servers, but failed miserably on live. Took a while for them to finally find the root cause.

As for this particular thing... in a perverse way I like the explanation that this was all just some big psychological experiment to see what the mob would do if a random item appeared in the game world with no explanation. But who knows what the real reason was... most likely an spawn attempt gone wrong and someone forgot to despawn it (or it was bugged and you couldn't despawn it) and/or just assumed someone would kill it eventually.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    NICE EVENT !!!
    6 MINITES READING THIS THREAD , DIDN'T GET ANYTHING THANKS ALOT
    NOW GIVE ME UNREQUITED FREE STUFF COZ I WAS STUPID

well had to be part the crowd Xp
    dingo790 wrote: »
    There is a test server
    You realize that, right?

Well, for that specific example, it wasn't a case of it not working -- it worked fine. It just got vetoed by higher-ups at BHS so they weren't allowed to use it.

But, an example is the issue with Civil Unrest: Velika when it first came out -- worked fine on test servers, but failed miserably on live. Took a while for them to finally find the root cause.

As for this particular thing... in a perverse way I like the explanation that this was all just some big psychological experiment to see what the mob would do if a random item appeared in the game world with no explanation. But who knows what the real reason was... most likely an spawn attempt gone wrong and someone forgot to despawn it (or it was bugged and you couldn't despawn it) and/or just assumed someone would kill it eventually.

Yes! Civil Unrest is definitely a better example. Pretty sure it took them 2-3 weeks to fix it.
    Although, I'm pretty sure that BAM Tokens weren't dropping on the Island of Dawn like they wanted them to. I'm pretty sure they had also tried to change something with the BAMs there when they decided they wanted Tokens to drop from them.

The way this was though, I do think it was just a psychological experiment. Seeing how the community will react, possibly even seeing just how many people it would take and how long it would take them to kill something of with amount of HP and defense to die.
    The way this was though, I do think it was just a psychological experiment. Seeing how the community will react, possibly even seeing just how many people it would take and how long it would take them to kill something of with amount of HP and defense to die.

My guess it's a "greed test". They measure the time from death of the Kuma statue until the first post in forums ("GIF EPICS NAO!!!"), multiplied by a factor of rage and capslock in these threads.

I just imagine a boyscout, pushing an unwilling old lady over the street and then extorting his loot.
  • is that kuma statue a new meme or something?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    is that kuma statue a new meme or something?

this statue was there in timescape dungeon agaisnt the big boss kuma
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    What is even going on?

New Years resolution - stop playing Tera (I like you Tera, but you drain out my energy).
  • LuhzLuhz ✭✭✭
    6 hours lmao
    that would never be me.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    I didn't even realize there were events still tbh
  • We're pretty spoiled, aren't we?
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    You all got trolled lol.
  • That HoT icon stands out so much though. Is this a good place to put Hour of Turmoil (HoT) is recruiting iLvl 414+ players. ~28 nightly peak and active discord. Guild lvl 101/rank 22 overall (within 1 month) and climbing. Contact Ninjammortality or apply directly. Ty
  • ch0ob wrote: »
    We're pretty spoiled, aren't we?

Yeah, how dare who pay elite/spend money in this game want some GM made events instead the most recent useless mob hunting ones...
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyways it shows one thing

The kuma statue in Timescape is actually killable lol.