[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

WE DID IT!

Guys,

I had this dream when Harrowhold came out that although I was not a member of a big guild or "known" on my server, I could still have a shot at clearing this raid. SO, I spent a week in early December recruiting and cobbled together 30 people. And... we didn't clear. We lost a lot of good players to better raids and impatience, but we kept going. AND... we didn't clear for 6 weeks after that. BUT TONIGHT, WE DID. We cleared phase one, and I am so, so proud to have worked with so many small guild and "unknown" players who dedicated countless hours to learning this raid, training new members, battling soul-crushing despair, and ultimately doing what we had almost given up hope of doing.

Forum friends, I hope this post gives you some small hope that although BHS and EME seem bent on the destruction of this game, SOME LIGHT STILL SHINES IN THE DARKNESS. <3 <3 <3 <3

wwsZoRZ.png

On to phase 2. :)

Comments

• StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Nice job and good luck with the second phase

which server is this? just curious
  • Yea we are on TR. The raid started with two people and we have slowly, thanks to Angeline and Bamboo's hard work, as well as the hard work of all the static members, built a group that could clear essentially from LFG. For some reason I am not in the picture QQ?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Good job guys! phase 2 will be a good dps check but if you guys can clear through phase 1, it'll be a cake walk once you know the animations- and it's fun with ballistas too!

ps. got a recording? i'd love to watch you guys battling the last 20% xd
  • Sounds like you have to be pretty tenacious to make progress in there... nice job and good luck going forward!
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angeline wrote: »
    Guys,

I had this dream when Harrowhold came out that although I was not a member of a big guild or "known" on my server, I could still have a shot at clearing this raid. SO, I spent a week in early December recruiting and cobbled together 30 people. And... we didn't clear. We lost a lot of good players to better raids and impatience, but we kept going. AND... we didn't clear for 6 weeks after that. BUT TONIGHT, WE DID. We cleared phase one, and I am so, so proud to have worked with so many small guild and "unknown" players who dedicated countless hours to learning this raid, training new members, battling soul-crushing despair, and ultimately doing what we had almost given up hope of doing.

Forum friends, I hope this post gives you some small hope that although BHS and EME seem bent on the destruction of this game, SOME LIGHT STILL SHINES IN THE DARKNESS. <3 <3 <3 <3

wwsZoRZ.png

On to phase 2. :)

We're all doomed if it took you guys over 6 weeks to clear first phase of Harrowhold! :anguished:
  • I thought that is a phase 4 clear for the whole FF
  • Nah we've made it to phase 4 in FF but haven't cleared. Ahhh well.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all Joyful to hear that darling but by the time you guys get to phase 4, BHS will remove it. that is why Tera is always not growing on players.

Anyway Gratz, tnx for making it, that might give the sleepy EME some idea that there are many dedicated players which loving the game more than publisher and developer.
  • JordinJordin
    edited January 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »

Anyway Gratz, tnx for making it, that might give the sleepy EME some idea that there are many dedicated players which loving the game more than publisher and developer.

I honestly can't understand this over-hatred toward the very decent publisher EME, it's very understandable to see why would a western Tera player hate "The source of all Evil" = BHS, but why hate on EME ??

You peoples either : have no idea what kind of "publishers" outside your Tera safe zone, or have a tiny small experience on the MMO genre ... Seriously The biggest reason behind NA Tera success is 1 team, and make no mistake it's the EME staff, just take a look at europe ffs.

I just hope that some of you that are spaming " Tera Na is dying cause of EME", actually quit so you can get slapped in the face by the reality of other publishers in genre, a reality where : Lying to the players base continuously is np, Breaking every promise that was made in the past is completely acceptable, as well as keeping radio silent 24/7 with 0 communication about in-game issues, and finally Scamming your player base either via : unfair currency exchange rates, over charging prices of premium items for no reason, or even causing your Bank info to fall in the wrong hands because of the extremely poor security measures ...

You think i am exaggerating ? huh, don't ever get outside your safe bubble then, for your own good.
    *Your = toward EME haters, not directed to anyone specific.

EDIT : To OP Grats on the clear & sorry for getting off topic with my post.

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    gratz :) Good luck on p2!
  • AkthanakosAkthanakos ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Jordin wrote: »

I just hope that some of you that are spaming " Tera Na is dying cause of EME", actually quit so you can get slapped in the face by the reality of other publishers in genre, a reality where : Lying to the players base continuously is np, Breaking every promise that was made in the past is completely acceptable, as well as keeping radio silent 24/7 with 0 communication about in-game issues, and finally Scamming your player base either via : unfair currency exchange rates, over charging prices of premium items for no reason, or even causing your Bank info to fall in the wrong hands because of the extremely poor security measures ...

EDIT : To OP Grats on the clear & sorry for getting off topic with my post.

Lying to the players base continuously is np--Check
    Breaking every promise that was made in the past is completely acceptable-Check
    keeping radio silent 24/7 with 0 communication about in-game issues-Check
    over charging prices of premium items for no reason---Check

Ops, looks like EME falls under the evil Publishers category. Anyway, what most of you fail to understand is that the only reason why Tera Na is somewhat decent is because of old EME crew's work.

Btw, gratz on clear OP.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jordin If I hated EME I wouldn't be on NA, if you were an older player and see what EME was and what it was doing you would be disappointed too. Last couple of months, they have almost zero forum activity and game activity. and that past month, have you seen them?
    Last year Treeshark gave us the manager announcement and what to expect on 2016. almost 18 days passed 2017, we heard no words on any matter from any staff, we are behind schedules on patch releases.

A good friend is the one pointing out the problems, things are not going well now why should I say otherwise, I defended EME countless time, but at this point it is hard to do that.
  • @Angeline Congrats! Great job, all of you :)

With so many flocking to these "better" raids in other servers or guilds, and abandoning many, MANY more in the process, it's refreshing to see another raid composed of people who actually want to overcome a challenging raid together with those around them, even if those people are not be the best, rather than do whatever it takes to join a group of skilled players who can bypass the challenge for them. Yes, I say this from experience.
  • Akthanakos wrote: »
    Lying to the players base continuously is np--Check
    Breaking every promise that was made in the past is completely acceptable-Check
    keeping radio silent 24/7 with 0 communication about in-game issues-Check
    over charging prices of premium items for no reason---Check

I was expecting at least 1 post like this, While i cannot comment on what happened (happening) in the last patchs, i was away for almost 2 years, i am pretty sure that even with the old crew (that you seems to acknowledged their effort) someone would have came and typed the exact same reply you did!
    > Peoples never seems to appreciate what they have, till the moment it get lost.

As i said, i was away for a while, and even if what you described is true, im quite sure they did the best they could at what ever situations, and reading through few posts around this forum confirm it .. As a publisher they don't have unlimited control on their product, and it's always up to the "Head of Evil" : BHS.
    Honestly speaking let's think objectively on what are the biggest major issues facing Tera in it ways to 2017 and the future, How many of this issues do you believe are caused by EME ? or can be solved by them, Honestly ?

All i have to say is : EME's past described pretty well, how hard they genuinely work for this region

Anyway, this is my last post on this topic, as i have no intention to derail it further, if anyone interested to discuss this > PM me through forum.