Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

When dealing with other dps/tanks who don't block or dodge and get hit by every attack and constantly yell at you to heal/cleanse them when your trying to res another party member and what not.....how do you manage to stay sane here?

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't bother me when people get hit, if they didn't, then, what would I be doing other than watching people play and debuffing every few seconds?
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me when people get hit, if they didn't, then, what would I be doing other than watching people play and debuffing every few seconds?

Yeah, i understand the boredom when people don't take hits. But let me clarify what i meant, I mean those who rush in and literally don't dodge anything, get killed by every attack. And piratically iframe every heal then proceed to blame you for not doing your job right.

I have no problem with people taking hits, just if they do it on purpose knowing they can't facetank.
  • I remember doing to some pug runs on my mystic and complaining about stuff... My guild say something like 'pugs are how you learn to be pro'.
  • Well I enjoy when my team struggles, gives me the chance to secure them with heals however if one party member complains I remind them that they should watch their mouth because I could ignore their hp in a snap of a finger . I remind them I'm the reason they're still not dead and remind them that they need skill to keep themselves up when I'm busy healing.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    /drop
    /kick
    /disband
    /kick "yourself"

You can argue with people all you want but 99% won't change their opinion and/or will refuse to believe they're in the wrong, so it's honestly not worth your time.

Healers are not people. Healing works like magic.
  • I don't argue I.counter and let them die xD
  • Digivolve wrote: »
    /drop
    /kick
    /disband
    /kick "yourself"

You can argue with people all you want but 99% won't change their opinion and/or will refuse to believe they're in the wrong, so it's honestly not worth your time.

Healers are not people. Healing works like magic.

Man do i know that feeling too well, especially in CS and FWC when people complain about the lack of heals when were on the losing side. At least 2-3 healers argue back and mention that they were being focused, and that person wasn't anywhere near them. But then they try to tell us how to heal.
  • XR6GREJ4WD wrote: »

There you go~

xD I really need to follow this video from now on.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    you just get used to it eventually and it all becomes like noise to you. and if it really starts to bother you then i just /drop, sometimes i feel guilty for punishing the entire party if it's just one person being a brat, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. it's just a game you know, if you aren't having fun you gotta change things up.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just make fun of them with my friends on discord. If it's just 1 guy being really very bad, I leave him on the floor. There's no point to let your support crumble for a decent-ish party just because 1 stupid really wants to clean the carpets. If the entire party is bad, I enter in a dream-like state, press my buttons and imagine I'm in my happy place.

PS: Speaking of FWC.... There was this one time... I was getting my behind handed to me by 2 ninjas and a brawler when this lancer on full hp ran past me, yelling that healers are bad. I snapped a little...or a lot.
  • FaytEsteemFaytEsteem ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I usually just make fun of them with my friends on discord. If it's just 1 guy being really very bad, I leave him on the floor. There's no point to let your support crumble for a decent-ish party just because 1 stupid really wants to clean the carpets. If the entire party is bad, I enter in a dream-like state, press my buttons and imagine I'm in my happy place.

PS: Speaking of FWC.... There was this one time... I was getting my behind handed to me by 2 ninjas and a brawler when this lancer on full hp ran past me, yelling that healers are bad. I snapped a little...or a lot.

That reminds me sooo much of almost every FWC loss that happens when my team fails to push and blame the healers for not healing them, when clearly we were being focused and most likely dead due to the dps running away from mid.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Healing FWC was a [filtered] nightmare. Nobody has your back. Nobody. If you queue alone, nobody gives a single [filtered] about you. You'll have the entire enemy team trying to gank your [filtered], and the DPS can't peel for [filtered]. You're in a corner getting gangbanged by like five dudes, maybe running with a bunch of them on your tail, and not one person even tries to help. Then when you're dead because of course you are under those conditions, other people start screaming "HEALS?? WHERE ARE THE HEALS???" Healing FWC made healing PVE content feel like a goddamned walk in the park.

When I played my healer, I never felt like I was actually enjoying the fights like I do on my lancer. I just felt like I was waiting for fights to end. The sooner, the better. I worked in customer service back when I mained a healer, and the feeling was very similar a lot of the time. I felt more like I was working behind the scenes at disneyworld than actually enjoying disneyworld, and so the only saving grace for me was that I didn't have to spend crazy amounts of money on gear for a class that felt more like a job and a chore than something enjoyable. Obviously others feel differently about this and healing just wasn't for me, but I've met a bunch of other people who feel the same way sometimes and then turn around and say that they love their priest/mystic and can't play anything else, so who knows.
  • If PVE:

Can we get by without this person? Then leave dead. I usually do this when there is there the person is failing miserably at his job (normally this means a dps). If Tank flooring repeatedly, then I just resign myself to fate and keep him up as best as I can while keeping up e-stars and triple nem and hope that the dps can kill boss fast and get out out of this trap run asap.

If PVP:

If you don't peel people off me, then no one gets heals. ez.
  • Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

Pills.
  • FaytEsteem wrote: »
    When dealing with other dps/tanks who don't block or dodge and get hit by every attack and constantly yell at you to heal/cleanse them when your trying to res another party member and what not.....how do you manage to stay sane here?

Elins and costumes