[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

Comments

• cheekibreekicheekibreeki ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    For me, it works like this:

Step one: care too much, until someone pisses you off.
    Step two: offer suggestion to pissy player that would benefit the group
    Step three: if their reaction is positive, return to step one. if their reaction is poor,
    Step four: stop caring about them.

To reference the video on page one, I hold the power of death as much as life.

TBH though it takes a good amount to [filtered] me off and I actually enjoy the challenge of keeping trap parties alive.
  • cloud3431 wrote: »
    basically all i do is, let them know i'm their god, and if you want a good run, don't make me mad. sometimes they listen, most times they don't. if someone starts bad mouthing you just start to have fun by letting them be floor mats. if it's the entire team, this will be a quick run because most will drop out, then you can restart and hopefully have a good run. it's all about having fun right? you get what you give pretty much

I did that once, refused to heal someone just because my patience ran out. Towards the end they got their act together and I started to heal them again.
  • Zaqryff wrote: »
    Healing is super fun when you get into trap parties. I learn a lot when I heal trap parties. Priorities, patience and skills of course.

As a mystic in DFHM, I once got into a party where a tank kept tanking Prima instead of Vera, in Odon's fight where everyone just ran into the carpets and died next to two motes lying there uselessly, res-ed the tank who kept tanking on 3 stacks of poison puddles and died.

As a priest in LKNM where dps was so low that my grace expired 3-4 times. A warrior who died to every small red circle aoe, buffed lilith as we failed every shield phase, but I kept on debuffing the boss, energy star whenever it's up and res-ed fallen pt members, who used neo res right after I casted the res spell.

Healing is fun, I queued dungeons as a healer for some entertainment. One of the reason I play a healer is to get the chance to say "Lol you can't even iframe that" "I'm your god now" "Even a god can't heal you that much if you keep taking dmg like an idiot" but I refrain myself from saying such things xD

I use to play priest, but loved mystic much more. However when I ran DFHM on priest before it was 'nerfed' The party leader wanted to go in without a mystic and basically everyone made my life hell, no one took Prima, and everyone stood in the puddles so I was basically running across the whole room trying to heal everyone. Until i finally decided to just keep the ones who actually stayed close to me alive and managed to clear.
  • Zosmathyn wrote: »
    take a shot everytime someone dies and blames you. or insults you.

Ima need a bunch of them in CS and FWC then.
  • MagichanMagichan ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    As a healer main, I've seldom had a hard time keeping my sanity, at least in PvE.

It's far too common for healers to brush off any and all criticism with "oh, you're just blaming the healer, I am your God, shut up noob!" There are such things as bad healers - I've run into plenty when leveling alts. No one likes and egotistical healer, don't let your pride get in the way of bettering yourself. Don't act like you've never made a mistake ;)

My rule of thumb: if I can't pinpoint where something went wrong (generally someone's death or near-death experience), then it means I wasn't paying enough attention and that I need to identify how to pay more attention in the future. If you can, figure out anything you could have done differently to either avoid or lessen the effect of the mistake.

tl;dr - By just doing my job like everyone else is. Healers aren't more special than anyone else in the party. It's a team effort.

PvP however... DPS who don't peel? I hope they bite their own cheek while eating.
  • FaytEsteem wrote: »
    Zosmathyn wrote: »

LOL at some point they'll just look like ants and you'll remember you're the ones keeping their butts alive mhm.
  • Magichan wrote: »
    As a healer main, I've seldom had a hard time keeping my sanity, at least in PvE.

It's far too common for healers to brush off any and all criticism with "oh, you're just blaming the healer, I am your God, shut up noob!" There are such things as bad healers - I've run into plenty when leveling alts. No one likes and egotistical healer, don't let your pride get in the way of bettering yourself. Don't act like you've never made a mistake ;)

My rule of thumb: if I can't pinpoint where something went wrong (generally someone's death or near-death experience), then it means I wasn't paying enough attention and that I need to identify how to pay more attention in the future. If you can, figure out anything you could have done differently to either avoid or lessen the effect of the mistake.

tl;dr - By just doing my job like everyone else is. Healers aren't more special than anyone else in the party. It's a team effort.

PvP however... DPS who don't peel? I hope they bite their own cheek while eating.

Yeah PvE I rarely have a problem....unless I get this one hero who loves to facetank every one-shot boss mechanic and constantly ask for more heals when they die to one. Not to mention when two other dps love the floor soo much that they literally hug it every 5 sec after I res/heal them fully.

PvP...kind of a different story, On priest I get at least 5-10 dps who run away from a heal when they're on low health and they call me a terrible healer. Then when I see one of them near death and pull them towards me I get a "Thanks for pulling me out of my (Name of Attack)." So i just let them be on their merry way and refuse to heal them.
  • Zosmathyn wrote: »
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    Zosmathyn wrote: »

LOL at some point they'll just look like ants and you'll remember you're the ones keeping their butts alive mhm.

Yas! lol, I rarely see a "Nice heals." Or a "Thank you healer." Whenever I que for a pvp bg and we healers are literally busting our tails keeping the team alive.
  • @FaytEsteem Lmao I feel you on the working hard asf to keep the raid alive in CS. Especially when attacking the gates where hordes of the opposing team keep killing us
  • cheekibreekicheekibreeki ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    On the part where I said I enjoy healing trap parties:

Did RMNM this morning...brawler was having trouble. 50/50 on first boss color mechanic (not sure they knew how it worked) and as a result the DPS were having trouble also (even though they had trouble with Lachelith's tail slam almost every time). Most of the last fight was spent with 3/5 on the ground and me patiently res'ing and res'ing etc. It was a challenge and I had a great time.

One of the DPS afterward declared me MVP of the run :3

So, some people are appreciative!
  • On the part where I said I enjoy healing trap parties:

Did RMNM this morning...brawler was having trouble. 50/50 on first boss color mechanic (not sure they knew how it worked) and as a result the DPS were having trouble also (even though they had trouble with Lachelith's tail slam almost every time). Most of the last fight was spent with 3/5 on the ground and me patiently res'ing and res'ing etc. It was a challenge and I had a great time.

One of the DPS after the run declared me MVP of the run :3

So, some people are appreciative!

I like people like that, I remember doing a SSNM run on priest, and a gunner was surprised I was using Mana Charge and kept praising me even when I found time to do so during last boss.
  • Zaqryff wrote: »
    Healing is super fun when you get into trap parties. I learn a lot when I heal trap parties. Priorities, patience and skills of course.

As a mystic in DFHM, I once got into a party where a tank kept tanking Prima instead of Vera, in Odon's fight where everyone just ran into the carpets and died next to two motes lying there uselessly, res-ed the tank who kept tanking on 3 stacks of poison puddles and died.

As a priest in LKNM where dps was so low that my grace expired 3-4 times. A warrior who died to every small red circle aoe, buffed lilith as we failed every shield phase, but I kept on debuffing the boss, energy star whenever it's up and res-ed fallen pt members, who used neo res right after I casted the res spell.

Healing is fun, I queued dungeons as a healer for some entertainment. One of the reason I play a healer is to get the chance to say "Lol you can't even iframe that" "I'm your god now" "Even a god can't heal you that much if you keep taking dmg like an idiot" but I refrain myself from saying such things xD

Yeah healing in DFHM is always fun for me...I used im for LKHM and had the most fun in my party and felt like my blood was on fire (good thing) healing last boss...tho in the end I had to go take a walk because I kept shaking soo much.
  • Well, whem i started as a healer I was really annoyed by other players comments like... "ress, HEAL??, noob, gg" etc. But since then I really learned how to play as a healer and now I can do some amazing things with a ~trap~party, what make me have enough confidance to just ignore comments like that since if Im doing my job right and u still dying... well, thats not my fault.

So, my tip is: learn your class, be the best you can, do your job and if someone dares to say something mean to you: 1) ignore, do your job, heal first the one who is doing his job well too
    2) start a fight and have some fun with it :^)

But the thing is: its just a game, dont take it too serious. People are mean and love to blame others for their own mistakes. Just ignore and have fun with your class.

Yeah pve wise I'm very calm, but I do get stressed some times....pvp tho, i may need some advice on that.
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If PVP:

If you don't peel people off me, then no one gets heals. ez.

I usually get random DPS or tanks saying "hey! why CAN'T you kite 2 lancers, 4 reapers, a brawler and 3 ninjas? I can kite a whole team on my priest while keeping people alive!" at that point. They don't get healed the rest of the match if I can help it.

PvE, I'm more tolerant. Some people are still learning, so I'm not gonna hold it against anyone who's facetanking - they could be new to the dungeon or new to the class, you never know (I know I'm personally a floormat when I'm learning, partially because of my potato FPS, and partially because I just suck :^) ). I get annoyed if they start blaming me for their chain deaths, unless it actually is my fault, but you kind of have to have a thick skin to those kinds of comments if you're maining a healer in any game.
  • Catorii wrote: »
    If PVP:

If you don't peel people off me, then no one gets heals. ez.

I usually get random DPS or tanks saying "hey! why CAN'T you kite 2 lancers, 4 reapers, a brawler and 3 ninjas? I can kite a whole team on my priest while keeping people alive!" at that point. They don't get healed the rest of the match if I can help it.

PvE, I'm more tolerant. Some people are still learning, so I'm not gonna hold it against anyone who's facetanking - they could be new to the dungeon or new to the class, you never know (I know I'm personally a floormat when I'm learning, partially because of my potato FPS, and partially because I just suck :^) ). I get annoyed if they start blaming me for their chain deaths, unless it actually is my fault, but you kind of have to have a thick skin to those kinds of comments if you're maining a healer in any game.

Is that even possible to kite that many? If so I would love to know how, I'm starting to fear lancers now in FWC whenever they pull off a giga.