[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

Comments

• I think the true answer here is... HEALERS ARE MASCOHIST WE LOVE THIS [filtered]
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Dont let it bother you. It can actually improve your skills as you try to keep up with them.

remember though : you can't heal stupid.
  • ...but you can sedate it.
  • TearsongTearsong
    edited October 2017
    I have a blacklist of names on a sticky note on the wall in front of my computer. I refuse to run with those people. If I ever see them/instance match them, I will ask to be kicked or dc if the party refuses to kick me.

I reserve this blacklist for people who are rude jerks. Constantly blaming me for their own mistakes, telling me how to do my job in a rude manner, etc.

I'm willing to listen to people who say I'm doing something wrong, as long as they're not jerks about it. Unfortunately, this game is full of jerks, just like every other game with matching mechanics were you most likely won't see some people ever again and it doesn't matter if they're rude.

I also run with friends.. it really helps. I almost never talk back because it almost never helps. My friends yell back at them for me though :')
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    Healers don't get nearly as much crap as this thread describes. I say this as a Mystic main.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    @NLXKAJNY3T you can now put them to block list. All who in block list don't get into your grp when you que :+1: Heard from gm.
  • NLXKAJNY3T wrote: »
    I have a blacklist of names on a sticky note on the wall in front of my computer. I refuse to run with those people.

..heh I thought I was the only one with something like this. My list isn't very long since my skin has gotten thicker over time, I don't feel irritated that easily anymore and I learned to talk back if someone's a real [filtered]. But those who get a spot there will not leave it again :naughty:
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tewii wrote: »
    Healers don't get nearly as much crap as this thread describes. I say this as a Mystic main.

You are forgetting one very important word.
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    Find a static
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

whats the important word ?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »

There should be a "good" in front of "mystic".
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »

There should be a "good" in front of "mystic".

HAHAHA! dont get me wrong, i agree but damn that made my day
  • edited November 2017
    Honestly, healing has been a way harder before than it is nowadays, mostly for mystics. Whoever played mystics until Tera Rising patch (level 60 content) knows it very well.) Mystics used to have real struggles; huge mana problem, as you had to spam heal and your only "powerful" healing skill was titanic favor, and cleansing was too hard because of the range. Priests were more chill (only if they knew the class and the dungeon). Personally i think that the secret to be a good healer is knowing where to stand and learning the dungeon (it is essential that you read guides or watch videos if there is any, as well as practice), for you to become a good healer the biggest requirement is to pay attention, really. Because you are the most essential member in your party, everybody is allowed to die but not you, so, learn how and WHEN to use your skills, once you get used to it you'll know how to positionate/where to stand, you'll learn how to move and take advantage of your movement skills, you'll learn how not to get caught in an animation lock. I have noticed that most of the healers these days don't put enough effort into healing, because most of them think of healing as essentially having your partie's health full and supporting them by keeping your buffs/debuffs up; well, it is obvious, it is what you obviously have to do (AND if your party is lacking support, if they can't rely on you to increase their dps, you are the one to blame, baby, yes. Buuuuut I must say, it is not all, really. Healers are the ones that imo have the biggest obligation in the group to learn the dungeons mechanics and to know how to keep themselves alive, and to do that, the real requirement is paying a huge amount of attention to what is happening to your party, to the boss and to you from where you're standing. Having a party member die sometimes isn't your fault, so don't get crazy over their deaths and do not, not ever, allow yourself to feel down because of that, you must keep your confidence. HOWEVER, unless you get completely murdered by one of your teammates (maybe because of a wiping shield mechanic for example), your death is most of the time, like 100% your fault. Given that you can heal yourself, your gear is exclusively built to be deffensive, you have skills and resources to keep you from dying, unlike the rest of the party. So yes, baby, you're the one to blame.
    Healing nowadays is easy after all the changes we've got in game since FoA1; all the class changes, how stronk tank and dps have become (at least they can be). Nostrum. Dyads... Nostrum has made it all easy as [filtered]. Imagine if we still had stamina system. Think of running HH having to use charms and campfires etc, it wouldn't happen. Imo it all has made healers get too comfortable. I rarely see a great new healer because we have it too easy now. Because you can clear every single content without putting any effort into healing, because most of healers think keepimg buffs and debuffs up is enough, so they are excusable to die and [filtered] up. No. Just nope. Not if you want to be the best you can be. Healing is challenging, if it isn't, I personally don't see the point of playing healer, the passion for healing hides in the fact that it IS a challenge, doesn't matter how easy I can have it because my party is strong and can carry, I will always do my best.
    Its been told already for some of you that healing unexperienced groups is the most resourceful way to be a good healer. And as someone who has mainly healed every end game content since 2013, I can assure you, it is true. I have learned the most from healing these groups; when certain skills can save me and my party members, when to cast x skill, how to pay attention to everything. A good healer must have a trained eye and healing unexperieced groups provides you that, without mentioning that it is incredibly fun. To be a good healer there are simply two essential things, supposing you already know about how you have to roll your gear and what which gear roll line and piece mean and what they do: 1. You must create a relation with your skills (and glyphs). get to know each one of them, so you'll know at which situation which skill can be crucial to keep you or your teammates from dying (classic example of this for priests is Kaia's Shield, for mystics - now, after changes, is Corruption Ring and ToL, I'd say. Before, Totem.), or increasing their dps even more. This will teach you a lot about moving yourself around and where to stand as well as when you're safe. - also, adopt potions to be your BFFs! They can save you and therefore, your team. Allow yourself to relly on them. Just because you have the ability to heal yourself and to charge mana, doesn't mean you don't need potions.
    2. Learn the dungeons mechanics. If you are already familiarized with your skills, believe me, you will learn the mechanics much faster. This will teach you how to properly focus (pay attention to everything that is happening) and get things done. A healer who knows their [filtered] can carry 4 other people anywhere, unless there is a shield mechanic and your party's dps is too low, or for a debuff mechanic such as Manaya's from MCHM/DSU (you'll need at least one other player to help you with the debuff rotation).
    By learning your skills and the dungeon mechanics, you'll also be able to communicate with your party thus being completely capable of carrying them through anything.
    Imo healing is about passion. You either are good at it or not, and it exclusively depends on you, hence that there is nobody supposed to support you, because you are the supporter. If you know how to heal, there is no breakpoint for "keeping your sanity", you really need to be patient and confident all the time if you want to main a healer.
    Healing is coolest because it is extreme, at the same time it can be depressing as fugg, you must keep your confidence, otherwise you're screw*d, mate. So I would say the key is keeping your confidence and attention rather your "sanity".
    Cheers and have fun playing the most enjoyable and important role on MMO's!
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    Imagine what will happen when res cooldown gets nerfed

Res cooldown has been nerfed for a while now.
  • I don't know how I didn't find this thread before, but I feel the struggle of being a healer in Tera.. So much. I used to main Priest and I could have the best gear in the entire party, all the right glyphs and crystals and still get crap about how my "gear isn't up to standards." Could be fully masterworked (this was before the new gear progression update) and it wouldn't make a difference. Someone always had something to say about how "bad I was." I remember one time in specific, me and my GM were running a dungeon and he was playing our tank (brawler) and I was on my mystic. I was spam healing everyone in the party, titanic favoring like the titanic was about to hit a bloody iceberg, and of course there was this warrior who thought he/she was THE tank. Now, I used to main warrior before Priest/Mystic but I never made it past level 40 so someone please tell me, is evasive roll or parry not a thing with warriors anymore? Because my god. This warrior was taking hit after hit. Ran 2-3 rooms ahead and complained that I wasn't there to heal him. You'd think it'd be common knowledge that if you run ahead, the healers obviously can't heal you. So because I couldn't cut myself in half and be in 2 places at once, the warrior kept dying and guess who got blamed? DING DING DING. Yours truly. It was a nightmare. So after being called a waste of space, told to kill myself, told I was a pathetic [filtered] who don't deserve to breathe, my GM stepped in and said "Yeah you don't need to heal this [filtered]. If he wants to be like that, then he needs to understand you're a person too and you're not some tool he can spit on and expect heals from. So let him die as much as he likes until he as the human decency to respect you." So that's exactly what I did. And my god did it feel good. I healed everyone in the party BUT the warrior until I finally got a sorry and a "please heal."
    And that was just one instance. Another time i remember vividly was when I had JUST got into a dungeon and me and this tank was waiting on the rest of the party to come in. We hadn't even started the dungeon yet and the very first thing he says to me was "You're a stupid [filtered] I just want you to know that." Needless to say I didn't stick around too long.

What did we take from this lesson? If someone is being a [filtered] to you, remember healers, you're god in the party. Without you, the party wipes.