[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

From girl gamers...

Comments

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    cuz wrote: »
    But if you read through my snippet, you will understand why including men's POV in this post is unnecessary. Nowhere does it say that the issues men face are not important. Nowhere does it say they do not face discrimination or harassment as well. Feel free to read it over again and you will see that neither of those were brought up in any form. Hopefully the point will become clear that although men do face issues as well, it is not right to bring up men's issues on a post strictly regarding women's issues - which was the sole purpose of me including it.

I read your snipped and it's one of the most moronic and sexist things I've read in my life. What this boils down to is... There is NOT a "women's issue" in this case(and most other cases), it's a HUMAN issue. If equality is your goal, MEN do matter when it comes to HUMAN issues. Excluding men from something that concerns them just as much if not more purely because of their gender is SEXIST. You are not asking for equality, you are asking for special treatment. It's like me, saying "I don't want to work in order to get paid, I just want to get money for doing nothing"then somebody says "But everybody has to work if they want to get paid" and I start screaming that "This is woman's issue, I don't care about everybody, I just care about equality". It's idiotic. The point of equality is to be EQUAL to somebody else, not to be ABOVE them. Asking for something to change for women without asking for that same thing to change for men does not lead to equality when there already is equality. And when the current situation is that men have it worse and you are STILL more concerned with brining women up, that's just despicable.
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    @TWMagimay

I honestly don't think you're understanding this at all. You're saying this post is about a human issue when it literally never mentioned men being included as also being mistreated before they started throwing in the "but men have issues too" comments. They were never part of the original topic whether you agree with it or not. It's on the front page so you can't possibly say that this is a topic about human issues when it strictly is about females being mistreated only. Regardless of whether or not you want to change that, you can't.

And yes. Being mistreated is a human issue. That is true. But I never once said that men's issues are invalid. However, not once was the topic about men and women being mistreated. It was solely and still is solely a thread about women being mistreated.

I am not excluding men from something. If you would like to start a separate thread about how it's important to have equality among both genders, be my guest because yes that is important. However, if you look, this particular post is about women's issues with being treated poorly by men in Tera. That is the entire post topic right there. It is not about men being mistreated as well. It has nothing to do with men's issues.

Never did I once say women are above men. I literally just said that men don't get to comment on women's issues because what??? They. Are. Not. Women. End of topic.

P.S. Hopefully I mentioned this is about WOMEN being mistreated enough in this reply to understand that you trying to add in men's issues is not right.
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @cuz
    I am sorry but no, the topic is "from girl gamers" which means its a message directed from someone towards someone else, that someone else is guys gamers and as such we have all the right to reply however we see fit as long as dont mistreat anyone.

If some find that a good argument is exposing their problems then it is not off-topic, it's an argument, may be a bit poor but it's still an argument, and you are no forum manager to say what can or cannot be included.

"Reduce yourself to your insignificance peasant muahahahahahaha"
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Is this even about game anymore?
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    @TheCatalyst
    It is I'm beggining to roleplay and everything can't you see?
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Kertain

Friend please check again

"Well here is what these "rare unicorns" have to say to all of you normal players who aren't as "rare" as us, based on my own experience and experience my other female friends and generally people who are females in this game constantly have."

Notice the use of female repetitively. OP literally points out that this is about female issues. Not men being mistreated. Bringing that up doesn't match topic at hand. It also doesn't say "to guy gamers" anywhere in it.

I'm not saying men's issues are invalid. I'm saying they're not relevant to this particular conversation.

Edit: tried to bold and italicize but apparently my phone can't handle that rip
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    No it is a message towards men (here is what these "rare unicorns" have to say to all of you normal players) and men HAVE THE RIGHT TO REPLY. Notice the use of the words "TO ALL OF YOU"

You are just being a feminist and whenever ppl prove you wrong you go all like "oh i misinterpreted you", so please stop bullsh*ting and contribute after you think, not on auto feminist mode.

And I'm no friend of anyone in the forums, to me friendship needs proofs of mutual respect and trust, something I don't see in any forum user.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    If this thread still related in anyway to the game.. then..
    There is only one way to solve this.

We need a baraka. Baraka is genderless.
    Where is a baraka when u need one?
    :3
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    @Kertain

There is a difference between men replying and men shutting it down saying it doesn't matter bc men face it too. Men's issues matter. Women's issues matter. Men implying that women's issues don't matter because men have issues too is not helping the situation at hand in any form. If you can't understand that, then I'm sorry but I can't word it in a simpler way to make that point come across.

I'm not going to continue this conversation. It's not leading anywhere and I'm not going to have my thoughts called [filtered] by someone who wants mutual respect but can't give that to others.

Keep talking about men's issues. Derail the thread. I'm done here. I've tried to reason my point multiple times over the past couple pages, but I can't force anyone to accept it so I'm not going to continue wasting effort.
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    D*mn (<<<this is filtered???) i thought baraka were males, shouldn't Elins work though? I've seen sometimes on global that they are both.
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @cuz

I can give it to others, just not to someone who can't even read and interpret and tries to act like a forum boss when things start getting bad on her side.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    cuz wrote: »
    @TWMagimay

I honestly don't think you're understanding this at all. You're saying this post is about a human issue when it literally never mentioned men being included as also being mistreated before they started throwing in the "but men have issues too" comments. They were never part of the original topic whether you agree with it or not. It's on the front page so you can't possibly say that this is a topic about human issues when it strictly is about females being mistreated only. Regardless of whether or not you want to change that, you can't.

And yes. Being mistreated is a human issue. That is true. But I never once said that men's issues are invalid. However, not once was the topic about men and women being mistreated. It was solely and still is solely a thread about women being mistreated.

I am not excluding men from something. If you would like to start a separate thread about how it's important to have equality among both genders, be my guest because yes that is important. However, if you look, this particular post is about women's issues with being treated poorly by men in Tera. That is the entire post topic right there. It is not about men being mistreated as well. It has nothing to do with men's issues.

Never did I once say women are above men. I literally just said that men don't get to comment on women's issues because what??? They. Are. Not. Women. End of topic.

P.S. Hopefully I mentioned this is about WOMEN being mistreated enough in this reply to understand that you trying to add in men's issues is not right.

You could never say "women" enough for me to become a sexist like you. It's just not happening, sweetheart. Go on, stomp your feet, tell me how your paper cut is what we should be talking about while there's a guy with a gun shot wound to the stomach as much as you like. Won't change anything, I'm still more interested in helping the guy.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Ziomicio wrote: »
    Kertain wrote: »
    I literally just said that men don't get to comment on women's issues .
    We get to when you start asking us to solve your own personal issues for you.

"hey maybe stop being a [filtered] and call out other jerks if you can. we can't do this all alone some help would be nice."

"UHM THAT'S UR PROBLEM???? SILLY WIMIN"
This discussion has been closed.