[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

From girl gamers...

Comments

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Falsifier wrote: »
    Psychological pain is worse than physical .

If someone punches me in the face it will obviously be painful ,probably I will bleed but i can endure it and payback

if someone stabs me in the leg it will hurt , I will beed at first and not walk for several months but then problem is gone .

If someone I love slaps me in the face and and tells me to go to hell , it's not gonna hurt but it will destroy me inside .
    Everyone can have a hard stone body , it takes nothing to endure the aches but it's way harder to stand against the stress , fear and discomfort .

sure , getting hurt by one random person on the internet insulting you is nothing and crying for that is pathetic , but what if it's more than one ?

Just curious, how many times have you been beaten so badly, you wished you could die just so the pain would stop? And it'd go away? Do you know what can happen to you during physical abuse? Do you know that your badly can be so broken, the pain never goes away? Do you know that people live with such pain every day, go to work in pain and don't say a word? You know where you cna go with your "someobody was mean to me on the internet and I cry now".

Also, I like how you say "If someone I love". Do you love everyone on the internet or something?

Lastly, what if it's more than one? Nothing. How is that supposed to change anything? Worst case, you only ever have people insulting you and nobody standing up for you(in all fairness, they might not feel "safe" to do so, I guess), you start thinking it's true and then you look for a solution. What is it that I am doing/did to become so completely hated by everybody and how can I change that? Crying works also, I guess.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    Of course you can't compare an annoyance with some serious real life situation.

Still after an hard day at work, your real life daily dose of stress, it's like the coup de grace start to play and walk into some moron.
    Sure you won't go to your psychiatrist for that, but before or later you would just quit.

It's not normal to need thick skin while playing a game that's supposed to be just fun :expressionless:
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    Why is this thread getting so serious on a game's forum? This is about girls' problems in TERA, a game, yet there are taking the problem a million steps farther into the real world and "generalizing" when this is specifically talking about in games (hint: "gamer girls")
    Now before someone comes to shoot at me for trying to get the thread back on track, I'm not saying that these problems in the real world don't matter. I'm just saying that a lot of these people here are slowly getting off-topic (the specific topic) and saying these "general" things (general meaning yes this doesn't only apply to games but that's what this is thread is about) applies to only invites for more off-topic discussion (like slavery and other things that are or were once a problem not in game but the real world) and honestly looks like a few of these people are going back and forth just to argue.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    cuz wrote: »
    @Falsifier I can't quote reply bc forum mobile site doesn't work on my phone. But to answer your question, no I don't. Nor did I ever say anyone was shouting it out to the world. I'm sure OP doesn't go on global in her free time and just announce to the Tera world that she is a girl. People are implying that she is screaming it out to people. Why? Where did it say that? How is it being twisted into that perspective? There's a difference between typing /c and being like yo I am a woman and just talking with a friend and it coming up in convo. People are replying saying not to comment on your gender if you're a woman because you'll be treated differently and that's what the post is about.

You see, if your gender comes up in a conversation naturally, nobody will care. The "harassment" begins when you shove your gender in people's faces. Like, say, correcting somebody because "I'm a girl, tyvm". Especially if you use it in an attempt to win an argument or get people to do/stop doing something.

I disagree on your last part! When you call us a he or something along those lines, that is disrespectful and we do have the right to correct you. Whether it is because you assumed or because you you guessed wrong, it is still you're own fault you made the mistake. Assuming basically is saying you think most gamers are males which is an insult, specially if you are good at the game.

Very few arguements can be won from gender. There is simply 3 ways to look at an argument which is right, wrong, or opinionated. Either you are right or wrong if it is a matter of simple facts or it is an opinion which can be neither right or wrong. Either way, gender doesn't play into these arguments. Only when the argument is about gender itself does gender play a role (is she really a female).

Now I don't go into global and announce I am a woman but I will make comments that make it kind of obvious. Guys in global talking about something like getting stripers, I might reply on sending some male stripers (only fair for us ladies, men can have them, why can't we). So once you make a comment like this, there are people in global that will go in an uproar! It is like they have a problem with concepts that a female will have because it goes against their own like the thought of a male stripper is bad (maybe to them but to us it is awesome).
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Christiny wrote: »
    Now I don't go into global and announce I am a woman but I will make comments that make it kind of obvious. Guys in global talking about something like getting stripers, I might reply on sending some male stripers (only fair for us ladies, men can have them, why can't we). So once you make a comment like this, there are people in global that will go in an uproar! It is like they have a problem with concepts that a female will have because it goes against their own like the thought of a male stripper is bad (maybe to them but to us it is awesome).
    I think your first mistake was getting involved in Global chat. That's where decency goes to die, be you male or female.
  • Pixelator wrote: »
    I think your first mistake was getting involved in Global chat. That's where decency goes to die, be you male or female.

It is why I don't respond or read global chat anymore. I avoid it like it is a plague and only have a tab for it if I need to ask a question that my guild members are not sure about or I am insanely bored to the point that sanity no longer exists. What was sanity again, lost that when I had children!
  • FalsifierFalsifier ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I disagree on your last part! When you call us a he or something along those lines, that is disrespectful and we do have the right to correct you. Whether it is because you assumed or because you you guessed wrong, it is still you're own fault you made the mistake. Assuming basically is saying you think most gamers are males which is an insult, specially if you are good at the game.

How is an insult being called with a gender male pronoun ?
    Do you really find offensive such thing ?

In game people call me by the s'e'x of my characters when i play baraka , elin and those cool androgynous elves... Should I feel insulted because nobody knows my s'e'x ?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

The thing is, nobody cares about your gender in a game, nobody is implying anything or trying to guess what genitals you have. English doesn't have gender neutral pronouns(there's the singular "they" but it's not exactly easy to use and can be confusing as they is a pronoun on its own). So, people go for either he or she. Some will go by char gender, others will just go with he because the majority of players are male. You getting pronoun offended is your problem, the rest of us don't care(hence the "tits or gtfo"-meme). You, being offended that I don't care about your genitals is hilarious.
    Very few arguements can be won from gender. There is simply 3 ways to look at an argument which is right, wrong, or opinionated. Either you are right or wrong if it is a matter of simple facts or it is an opinion which can be neither right or wrong. Either way, gender doesn't play into these arguments. Only when the argument is about gender itself does gender play a role (is she really a female).

I've seen people try to win an argument with "Haha, you called me a he and I'm actually a girl so that proves you are wrong about everything". And, more often than not, guys will back away from a female opponent. As in, girls have tried to play the girl card and then were completely taken by surprise when I didn't get all confused and ease up on them to the point where I was told that I can't treat a lady that way. You know the running joke of "no matter who's wrong, the man always apologises", right?
  • i feel ya... i rejected a few guys and all of the sudden they turned the story in their favor making up crap that wasn't even close of the truth.. and all of the sudden you become a "[filtered]". but that's what you get for being a female that plays a game lol
  • This is too accurate.

I'm not going to give any names but lets say I once joined a guild that well needed to use teamspeak(however they only said this is must after week being with them).
    I whispered guild master of it to ask them so I don't need to use it because I'm female and I tend not to ever tell that and it will be obvious in voice chat that I'm(I don't like people knowing it in game because of the reasons you listed). They still told me like that I had to and blah blah blah stuff as that, still didn't mattered guild anyway got disbanded after few days later lol.

Anyway, when I was joking and messing with people on global, he appeared in chat and I got how he shall "deepthroat" me....I don't even want to re-repeat stuff I got. I trusted them because they were supposedly "married" and with "kids", in short supposedly mature person. I know it was naive of me, but like I said, I keep my identity secret in games and only reason why I even bothered to drop my gender in whisper was to try and make them understand why I don't want to use voice chats. Instead I got this from someone who claims to be father of the two. And it is funny how even before guild disbanding and deepthroat comment, I got different treatment even back in guild after that whisper, it felt a bit...sleazy would be right word to describe it.

It is disgusting beyond words especially because he doesn't even know my age in first place. Yes I'm 20, but he doesn't know that, as far as anyone know I could be way younger, perhaps I'm just 16 or 14 or who knows perhaps I'm 12 year old! You get my point on what I mean, it is seriously disgusting that someone who claims to be married and has two children to try and "[filtered]" in MMO with someone they don't even know age of! Especially someone who didn't ask for [filtered] in first place, like I said I was just joking with few friends of mine in global when this COMMENT came from my ex-guild master that was totally unrelated to anything me and my friends were joking about.

there's also the kind of girls ( which r getting married soon ) that know ur bf have a gf and they r after him knowing he have some1..
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    Well, but what if a decent girl/dude just tells "ok, but i'm a buy,girl,straight" just cause he prefer to be addressed accordingly?

Sure there are people ready to answer back "i'm a panda so you're wrong" and they deserve some bashing, but it's not the rule :anguished:
  • KhatarsisKhatarsis ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It's a game, if you have a relationship in the game, god, DEAL WITH YOUR PROBLEMS ! Did the block option suddenly fade or, drama queen much ?
    You will call everything offensive as far i see it, if i call a mate of mine some ... nasty thing, i get some *compliments in return, we laugh if off and that's it, back to business.
    Learn that this is a game not a huge ego pridelord in you trying to surface, simply put, you don;t like things please, leave, i honestly consider myself lucky after this because i don't have and won't make or allow in the future "girl gamers" into any conversation/party or whatever it is, instead of being the one that should be more mature, you (as a majority, not a single person) like it seems only to provoke and pass the apple of discord around.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    This thread totally derailed from what was originally a legitimate issue.

I don't care WHAT your opinions are on gender differences, or what your agenda is, or what gender you are.

The sexual harassment of women is a real problem, and should never be excused. Report those players, and protect yourself with chat bans as well.

But don't listen to people that try to blame you, or change who you are.

Even if a girl is being a total [filtered] off, insulting you, calling you out, or whatever else - It's still NEVER an excuse to sexually harass her. I've personally seen it happen many times, and have actually defended women, even though I had been on the receiving end of their mistreatment, before the sexual remarks were made by someone.

And sure, it's equally as bad when it happens to a guy, but it happens more often to women, thus where the gender part comes in.
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    This thread totally derailed from what was originally a legitimate issue.

I don't care WHAT your opinions are on gender differences, or what your agenda is, or what gender you are.

The sexual harassment of women is a real problem, and should never be excused. Report those players, and protect yourself with chat bans as well.

But don't listen to people that try to blame you, or change who you are.

Even if a girl is being a total [filtered] off, insulting you, calling you out, or whatever else - It's still NEVER an excuse to sexually harass her. I've personally seen it happen many times, and have actually defended women, even though I had been on the receiving end of their mistreatment, before the sexual remarks were made by someone.

And sure, it's equally as bad when it happens to a guy, but it happens more often to women, thus where the gender part comes in.

So heroic, so galant, so ... stupidly discriminant towards men and lack of selfpreservation instinct.

Edit: actually it's also discriminant towards women since as I mentioned before many of them can fend for themselves and don't need a guy like you saying they need protection. You remember me a character called Motoyasu from a manga called Rise of the Shield Hero.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Are you living in a bubble or something? Just read the news about online misogyny and harassment against women.

It's a real problem.

And look at the whole gamergate thing. There were actually some valid issues being made, but it was ruined by all the trolls and harassers. There's no place for that, even online.
This discussion has been closed.