[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

From girl gamers...

1111213141517»

Comments

• KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Mobius1
    So now you are protecting women from other women? That is not the theme of this topic though.

And by the way to protect women from other women you may end up hurting women, so .............
  • FalsifierFalsifier ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    Actually, according to a recent study, women do it to other women as much as men do.

So it's not like men are the only source, actually.

And as for artificial life, you are incorrect. The most that has been done is on mice, in China.

isn't an artificial mice still artificial life ? it was not clone , it was created
    and ever heard of synthia ? other than that these they also created cells that eat electrons inspired by shewanella and now they are working on making bacteria that convert CO2 into non-toxic compounds

nowadays both seeds and eggs can be created in laboratory or cloned , because copying an already existing genetic code is way easier than creating a new one from zero
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Kertain

Your problem there, is that you are using a straw man than you just won't let go of.

I never said that women need men to protect them. You keep trying to say that that is my argument, which is getting annoying.

But I DO think that people should step in and try to put a stop to it, if they see it happening. Whether you are a man OR a woman.

If you knew someone was being physically abused by their spouse, and they just kept taking it, and didn't speak up about it or ask for help, would it be the right thing to do, for you to just say nothing?

Absolutely NOT!! If you knew someone was being abused, you should do something, no matter what the circumstance!

The same goes for sexual harassment (In this case, the exception being if the victim is not actually a victim, but has made it clear that they are ok with it. Which technically makes it not harassment.).

If everyone did this, sexual harassment would be much more rare.

@Falsifier

I'd suggest you look it up. There's plenty of information available to read about it online.
  • I'm closing this thread. I think everything that needed to be said has been said, and after coming in and moderating several times, the discussion keeps spiraling into accusations, rude behavior, and off-topic tangents.

A lot of the meaningful comments in this thread add up to a similar message - people are different, male or female, and deserve to be respected as individuals, not excluded or ridiculed based off their gender or appearance.

There are also a lot of defensive posts of "I'm not sexist!" I think it's safe to say if you're reading and posting in this discussion, you care about women being mistreated in the TERA community. Remember that people don't need to have a sexist mindset to say or type things that are inherently discriminating towards women. We live in a society where discrimination slips under the radar all the time without being recognized and called out for what it is. Want to help? Call it out when you see it. Don't let derogatory behavior become acceptable through inaction. That doesn't mean starting arguments or trying to police world chat. You can point out sexist comments in a polite way that doesn't involve public name calling. You might be surprised how often you're met with a decent human response like: "oh you're right, I shouldn't say things like that."

This discussion has been closed.