From girl gamers...

Comments

• ChristinyChristiny ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    From experience, I have learned that guys say this for a few reasons.

1. They want to draw us out to figure out who is really a female to hit on us!
    2. They think we will do ANYTHING to prove what we are including send them pictures or whatever.

Well, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what they believe, we know who and what we are and we also our skills as gamers are on par with them, if not better (I am on the PvP server and will PvP anyone who wants to challenge me)!

So men want to have illusions and be childish, it just shows that as a gender they are [EDITED]

EDIT - Please don't post derogatory or sexist comments.
  • Catastros wrote: »
    I'm gay and I do all this to straight guys, so they feel uncomfortable and can feel/know what girls have to go through.

Educating straight guys, one at a time.

LMFAO, thanks for the good laugh. I remember I had a guild officer who spent all his time hitting on all my female guild members (except me, guess he was afraid of strong women). Had to get rid of him because they all felt uncomfortable.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody tell me how to find those gift-giving guys maybe? I'd really love to know how I'm supposed to act in order to have my gender be a factor in games....

PS: People usually ask you to prove you are a girl when you decide to gender drop in order to get something out of it. It's basically saying "If you don't plan on sending me nudes, I don't see why your genitals are relevant to the current situation/discussion".
  • ChristinyChristiny ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    ive had so many vulgar comments made towards me on the game as well. it seems like there should be some sort of filter in chat. also, I hate the ones that want you to " prove it " that you are a female by wanting Skype, phone number, or some other sort of personal info. im like this now, how about I send them a bloody pad for proof lol. they think that boys are the only ones allowed to be able to play games, and we are only here for them to date.

These are the guys you should avoid talking to at all costs. They play mind games to mess with you and are nothing but trouble. Next he will ask you on skype to take off your shirt to prove you are a female or something really crazy.
  • JinxyKat39JinxyKat39 ✭✭✭
    I've never had an issue in game with guys being jerks, but maybe i've gotten lucky. I also don't accept gifts in game from ANYONE, everything i have i worked or saved for. Lady gamers need to step it up and stop acting like gold digging twits (not saying you all are, but it's far too common) and start playing like they care about more than the next goth loli or kitten cutie costume to come down the pike.
  • This is sad, As a gamer just because your a boy or a girl, everyone is equal to enjoy the wonders of gaming...

I am a boy and never give anyone any special attention because of Gender, only if your a friend yes but not because one is a girl xD

Plus I've of no need for such topics in my gaming life and would wish to enjoy gaming ether with friends or guild mates, You just seem to meet with the wrong people sadly.

My Pride as a gamer who pursues fun over discrimination if of course your rude to me for no reason will play with anyone equally and best hope your a good sport. Alas it is true that the community is toxic but not all boys are the same that we all like to enjoy fun with others or alone, I can't really speak for everyone but I at least know there are decent people out there. Hopefully you will meet players who are more kind but not in a wierd way xD

Plus i am new within the forums sooo Hai everyone xD
  • ZebNikoZebNiko ✭✭
    I find most of the time people tell me their gender because I used the wrong pronoun. So they correct me. There was this one person I knew for over a year. I thought it was a friendly guy that I would talk to frequently in HW. Took me a year to realise it wasn’t a guy. She was super lewd in voice ._.

It's pretty easy to see the people that want gifts and handouts, male or female, male pretending to be female, doesn't matter. Never give stuff to those people.
  • I would just ignore the stereotypical men. There's plenty of men who are not surprised to be playing alongside female players.
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I am honestly repulsed by some of the replies on here. How does saying your gender mean you want special attention??? That is literally the point being made across this entire post is that it shouldn't matter. The fact that someone is telling people not to say they are a girl because it's going to get them perverse/degrading messages is the reason this post was written. That shouldn't happen. The fact that this post is being tossed aside because you assumed a girl is only doing it for attention is the reason this post was written. That shouldn't happen either.

OP was stating that she didn't like being treated a certain way across the game and aside from a few supportive comments, she's now being ridiculed and called an attention seeker

Edit: spelling
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    @Falsifier I can't quote reply bc forum mobile site doesn't work on my phone. But to answer your question, no I don't. Nor did I ever say anyone was shouting it out to the world. I'm sure OP doesn't go on global in her free time and just announce to the Tera world that she is a girl. People are implying that she is screaming it out to people. Why? Where did it say that? How is it being twisted into that perspective? There's a difference between typing /c and being like yo I am a woman and just talking with a friend and it coming up in convo. People are replying saying not to comment on your gender if you're a woman because you'll be treated differently and that's what the post is about.
  • FalsifierFalsifier ✭✭✭
    I'm saying if you talk normally , and have normal conversations on the internet there is no valid and logic reason for why the other person is going to know your biological sèx
  • Pixelator wrote: »
    Most girls on games are of the homely sort anyways (i.e. looking nowhere near the picture in OP's post). Then again, it might be because the desperate guys on the internet expect every girl to look like that.

That is actually a pretty silly thing to assume. ;)
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    cuz wrote: »
    @Falsifier I can't quote reply bc forum mobile site doesn't work on my phone. But to answer your question, no I don't. Nor did I ever say anyone was shouting it out to the world. I'm sure OP doesn't go on global in her free time and just announce to the Tera world that she is a girl. People are implying that she is screaming it out to people. Why? Where did it say that? How is it being twisted into that perspective? There's a difference between typing /c and being like yo I am a woman and just talking with a friend and it coming up in convo. People are replying saying not to comment on your gender if you're a woman because you'll be treated differently and that's what the post is about.

You see, if your gender comes up in a conversation naturally, nobody will care. The "harassment" begins when you shove your gender in people's faces. Like, say, correcting somebody because "I'm a girl, tyvm". Especially if you use it in an attempt to win an argument or get people to do/stop doing something.
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I'm also a "female gamer" and I'm one of those people who do correct someone if they repeatedly call me a "he" or a "boy".
    Not because I want attention, there isn't anything special about being a girl who plays games (plus rarely do I ever see "special treatment" simply because I am one). I only correct friends, not random people. I don't see the point of correcting a random person it's not like I'm likely going to see them often so why would they need to know? I correct friends however because rather than going around being called a he by them for a year I rather them call me what I am. I don't get upset if they didn't know like it's normal to refer to someone as a he on games, but I just want to get that out of the way ^^. I don't think people who do decide to correct others should do it in a way that sounds like "harassment" I guess is the word. Like below for example.

-one of your friends repeatedly call you a he and thinks you are a dude-
    "oh by the way, I didn't tell you this yet but I am a girl."
    * As a means to not mess up later, and if they forget no big deal

vs.

-someone in the forum agrues with your post and calls you a he a few times-
    "ZOMG!!11ONE WTF I AM A GIRL TYVM I DONT HAVE A DIK >:((((( CORRECT URSELF PLZ!!1ONE"

Yea I know, it's not like my friends absolutely have to know, but I personally prefer if the people I am hanging around with 24/7 call me the right thing, especially so it's not surprising when they hear me on Discord.
    Plus, I'm in a guild run by chicks anyway so it's not like I say it to get attention from them LOL.
    I also don't mind correcting them male or female because at least on Tera, I rarely get harassment for being a girl.

BUT [filtered] DUDE if you thought it was bad on Tera you should have seen the people I was around on Xbox, endless amounts of thirsty 12-17 year old boys who droll over a girl being on their friend's list (and it was kind of unavoidable, I always used voice chat because it was much easier to communicate)
  • TaybatTaybat ✭✭
    I'm a huge mmo fan. And the amount of female gamers are huge. Probably cause the dressup aspect of it.
    But ya it's super annoying when I hear people say "barely any girl's play mmo's" Trolling or not. It's getting old.
    And ya so what if you had an experience were you thought a female character was actually girl? Get over it.
This discussion has been closed.