[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

From girl gamers...

13468917

Comments

  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venpai wrote: »
    because they're the few lucky ones that it doesn't happen to. honestly, you would think since SO many people talk about it, that it's not just a weird rare occurrence. but you like to argue for the sake of [filtered] arguing. i don't even think you believe half the [filtered] that spews from your mouth tbh.

    A lot of people also talk about UFOs, doesn't mean we should mobilize the army to fight them.

    To quote my mother: The way people treat you depends, above all, on the way you carry yourself.
    Give that some thought.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Venpai wrote: »
    because they're the few lucky ones that it doesn't happen to. honestly, you would think since SO many people talk about it, that it's not just a weird rare occurrence. but you like to argue for the sake of [filtered] arguing. i don't even think you believe half the [filtered] that spews from your mouth tbh.

    A lot of people also talk about UFOs, doesn't mean we should mobilize the army to fight them.

    To quote my mother: The way people treat you depends, above all, on the way you carry yourself.
    Give that some thought.

    you're comparing a very real thing that happens on a daily basis to thousands of women to...something possibly fictional. lmfao weak argument we're done here.

    (that's nice and all, and would hold more weight if you didn't try to argue in every post you make ever)
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Ziomicio wrote: »
    snip for length

    where have i personally said i accept gifts but go ew men are pigs groooooooooooooooooss? lmao no. unless that's a general you, in which case being more clear about that would be helpful. but that's just me and it's not THAT big of an issue. i just can't tell which you mean.

    back to my point.

    honestly, i don't like that mentality of YOUR STILL TO BLAME EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT WRONG. implying that i don't have self respect and dignity is rude and disrespectful. just because i, or other women, ran into a lot of this crap doesn't mean we deserve it or am warranting anything to get this. that's more or less saying you're "asking" for it. which is gross.

    let me tell you something. just because i am open about hey i'm a girl, mostly because i personally do not like to be misgendered (i hate it. but i'm not rude about correcting someone) doesn't man i'm saying hey harass me. hey be a pig. be sexist make unwarranted comments. over what...? saying i'm a girl? asking people NOT to make comment demeaning and degrading women?

    didn't realize basic human rights was so radical and deserving of such treatment. my mistake. :3

    you're also kind of implying you're not a girl to me? forgive me if i'm wrong, that's just what i'm getting from the first half of your post because tou say girls and not OTHER girls. but if you are, in fact, not female you don't get to have an opinion. like it's not your issue or your place to butt your nose into. but that's assuming i've read that right, forgive me if that's not the case.

  • KishaSenKishaSen
    edited May 2016
    Yes Zimicio you are right, you have just opened my eyes.

    Never in my life would have I guessed that just by speaking in voice chat I deserve to hear all nice and fancy "jokes" regarding "girl gamers" from other people in that same voice chat as me. My apologies for not realizing how big of sin I tend to make by appearing in voice chats, because I should be silent as it is meant to be am I right? Because if girl actually speaks in thing called voice chat she deserves everything she is going to get based on the fact she is not HE! (this sounds as that classical story of "If woman wears short skirt, she asked for it" lol)

  • KatsumiNekoKatsumiNeko ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    So according to that logic...
    When I sent whisp to my former guild master and explained them why I don't want to use voice chat by telling them I was female in real life and I don't want to use voice chat because I know how it goes and that there maybe player or two that is going to make some deal out of it and be douche so I don't want to use it in order to avoid potential outcome and drama that may follow it...I deserve "I will deepthroat you" thing? Ok then O.o
    Wow, thanks for enlightening me, you finally answered the question I've been asking myself of what did I did to deserve that kind of harassment, thanks to you now I know ^^
  • So I'm at fault for actually trying to make my former guild master understand why I said I had no interest in using voice chat? So it is my fault for trusting them to understand why I'm not wanting to use it? It is my fault for not predicting they will be douche about it? It is my fault they were douche? I'm to blame because of it!!!???
    You are making less and less sense with each of your new post. I seriously hope you are just random internet troll and not serious in here.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ziomicio wrote: »
    snip

    your english is perfectly fine, i guess i missed that part of the long post. my apologies.

    also here's the thing, as fun as pretending to be a girl is for you you get to stop at the end of the day. you get to be okay that was fun, no more worrying about that. we don't get to do that. we're stuck dealing with the life crap throws at women in particular. it's not a comparable experience. a week or so of pretending fr you compares very little to years and life times. and that goes for many things.

    and of course people will be prejudice about any other damn thing (can't tell you how many times people are like threesome??? when i say i'm bi/pansexual. uhg.) but those aren't part of the discussion so it's not really relevant to what is being talked about. and we're talking about incidents where all other factors are unknown but gender. so yes, i'm a little snippy and sarcastic because you're missing my point and it's kind of exhausting to try and explain.

    like am i genuinely being unclear? is it english language second language being a genuine hindrance? no sarcasm, i'm like trying to be clear as possible here.

    edit: of course we block? but man if some people don't like to account hop for the sake of being a hindrance. (had that happen to me earlier today, though it was unrelated to the topic at hand. people are a lot more petty and have too much free time on their hands than you'd think)
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Ziomicio wrote: »
    Venpai wrote: »
    as fun as pretending to be a girl is for you you get to stop at the end of the day.
    Well I'm sure girls get a lot of crap in real life but I'm pretty sure you're not trying to claim guys don't get just as much in their lives. All I'm saying is just like you say guys don't know what you experience, I'm saying you don't know what guys experience. I catched a glimpse of your world and honestly it was much better than mine but that's just the way i see it. There's just as much prejudice against guys as there is against girls and seeing it plastered all over this thread kinda irks me when it's a thread precisely going against prejudice.

    the thing is tho, guys are the ones who perpetuate it. we're not harassing ourselves. that's why it's talked about like this. and yeah guys deal with their on stuff too, ain't gonna deny that, but this is a women specific issue we're talking about. if you don't want to be painted as that kind of "male gamer" then put a stop to this kind of behavior. call guys out on their sexist crap. shoot down jokes that demean and attack women. make the places you play on a space where EVERYONE is treated with basic human decency. which it sounds like you say you do, so there's that.

    guys don't want to be painted at the bad guys but like... a lot of you aren't doing much to stop it. so :angry:
  • KatsumiNekoKatsumiNeko ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I'm not "generalizing" any guild. You apparently didn't read a thing I wrote in there.
    I just joined that guild and was just week in it and guild master told me then I need to use voice chat even though they never gave that warning when I first joined and when I asked what are guild requirements even before joining. So I tried to make them understand why I don't want to. Not because I'm generalizing again, but because of thing called caution!
    You yourself said it right now, people on internet tend to be jerks! People in MMO-s tend to be even more so, chats are biggest proof in every MMO game of how community tends to look like. And like I said, I just joined that guild! I didn't know anyone well, therefor I didn't know if I got 'global classical guy' in my guild and therefor I didn't want to use voice chat and I didn't wish anyone to know my gender until I can properly meet everyone because of it! Once again, I didn't wish damn drama if I ever said 'Hi' in voice chat and some guy would start being "smart" with me, because trust me it does happen, completely unprovoked except to which gender the voice belongs to.

    Why did I trusted guild master in first place?
    I don't know, I'm human, can't predict the outcomes of it now can I? They claimed they were married and had two kids. And yes, yes, people on internet bs all the time, but like I said I can't predict things and I felt cornered at that moment because I didn't wish to use voice chat so I decided to try to explain why just to them in whisper (and if they still said that I must use it, I would leave guild and find someone that won't force me very simple), still only reason why I even bothered with reasoning in here because I was thinking they are mature because they actually at least appeared to be so far in guild chat, nothing about him screamed "I will deepthroat you" and other bs I got in here.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Ziomicio wrote: »
    I know it's not nice but that's the way the world works. (that and the ones who usually rush to your aid are usually the white knights denigrated in the OP's post). Also on that note, you're probably not doing much for the children starving to death in Africa, does that mean you're a bad person? No. It's just not your problem. Likewise i'm telling you, don't wait for someone to help you, help yourself, become strong and independent

    just because the world is a bad place doesn't mean you have to accept it and be a passive observer and let it happen. yes, being playing devil's advocate and being a neutral party and going "[filtered] not my problem" you are perpetuating this behavior and encouraging it. if you're silent, you're not peaking out again this behavior. and they think hmmm no one is saying anything, this must be okay. people agree with me! women are second class [filtered]!

    it is your problem if you don't like men being painted this way. if you're not going to actively help change things, then don't complain when people who are pushing for change say something mean about men once in a while. the truth hurts.

    and yes, we do a lot on our own, ignoring that tired stereotype of "strong independent women who don't need a man" carp. but here is also the thing that happens when we speak out, mostly offline but still online as well: we get harassed more. we get threats, stalked, assaulted, MURDERED. yes, this seems like a jump from guys being jerks to women on the internet, but imagine having that hanging over your head in your daily life. violence against women is a very real issue in society, and is not a "vocal minority" and even if we live privileged lives we still deal with this in some form or another.

    rape jokes, demeaning comments about womens' appearance, domestic violence jokes, "asking for it" any insulting word you could think of that's female specific that's censored on here (ie:female dog) it's everywhere in our culture and it's mostly accepted by many people. it's scary, and not fun to live in. so forgive us if we're slightly hesitant to speak up with this being ingrained into us, and annoyed when we DO speak up and people (read: mostly men) argue with us and tell us we're "too emotional "femnazis" "speshul snowflake" etc and etc.

    i mean would you go to a support group for domestic abuse survivors and tell them they don't need any help and need to stand up for themselves and do it themselves with no outside help or aid? no you wouldn't. or at least i hope you wouldn't.

    we're not asking you to speaking FOR us. a good ally used their position of privilege and power (yes men are privileged.... especially if ur a white dude) to project OUR voices and speak out when it's unsafe for us to do so.

    like that's not complicated to understand.
  • KaidunKaidun
    edited May 2016
    Venpai wrote: »
    guys don't want to be painted at the bad guys but like... a lot of you aren't doing much to stop it. so :angry:


    Using your same logic .

    I don't see you going around protesting for the removal of your roads which were mainly built by slaves who died in miserable ways , therefore you are pro slavery .
This discussion has been closed.