From girl gamers...

145791017

Comments

  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Kaidun wrote: »
    Venpai wrote: »
    guys don't want to be painted at the bad guys but like... a lot of you aren't doing much to stop it. so :angry:


    Using your same logic .

    I don't see you going around protesting for the removal of your roads which were mainly built by slaves who died in miserable ways , therefore you are pro slavery .

    lmao strawman argument trying to derail discussion. go away if you're not going to bring anything meaningful to the conversation.
  • Oh and feminist man exist as there exist female mannists .

    I 'm one myself , just happen to prefer defining myself as ''Egalitarian'' because feminism sounds like cacophony to me

    Also , in whatever the [filtered]-hell country you live in that kills woman , why don't just escape ? probably is just some 3RD world crap and it's not worth fighting for it .

    If you are stuck there , I'm sorry for you but we cannot do anything to save you , if we move a finger then it's war
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Kaidun wrote: »
    Oh and feminist man exist as there exist female mannists .

    I 'm one myself , just happen to prefer defining myself as ''Egalitarian'' because feminism sounds like cacophony to me

    Also , in whatever the [filtered]-hell country you live in that kills woman , why don't just escape ? probably is just some 3RD world crap and it's not worth fighting for it .

    If you are stuck there , I'm sorry for you but we cannot do anything to save you , if we move a finger then it's war

    i live in america LMAO you think we don't get killed in america? open your eyes man.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/family-teen-stabbed-girl-prom-apologizes-article-1.1772883

    i'm not going to litter this post with examples but here's just one of many in the past 2 or 3 years,. whether or not they (the stories) stay local is irrelevant. it happens scarily often. transwoman especially have it rough. rougher than i do.

    also: implying a woman in a dangerous situation has the means to leave on the drop of the hat. kek.

    edit: i am also going to bed now. any silence from me here on out is because of this. not because of whatever reason you might think.
  • KaidunKaidun
    edited May 2016
    everybody has equals chances to get killed in countries that value equality , maybe in America there just happen to be more assholes but it doesn't mean it's normal for woman to get killed daily there
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Although this is an off-topic topic, I think we are derailing a bit from topic here.

    Topic was about treatment of girls in MMOs specially on Tera, I'm not saying what you guys are talking about is not important, nor that it makes no sense being brought here, it does I myself used RL examples but we comparing "oh my god a gamer girl i'll hit on her" to "omg this [filtered] doesnt want me, ill kill her so noone else has her" is a bit of a jump, even if you can argue the latest starts when the earliest is not fixed.

    First I want to clarify my opinion about the opening topic, the guys were indeed wrong in changing their behaviour knowing the opener of the topic was a girl, I'm not putting that in cause, and i actively agree that shouldn't happen.

    What I'm putting in cause is the following behaviour of the topic opener, when one feels that it is not surrounded by friends, one should leave, plain and simple, there's many more people in the world in whom you can trust better, however the topic opener remained, and took advantage of the gifts brought on by that change of behaviour.

    Now she said that some even gave her the cold shoulder and stoped speaking with her, maybe they are indeed assholes, but maybe they are not, maybe some of the so called "cold shoulder guys" are just shy talking to girls, or they could have said something to her when they thought she was a guy and regret it now they know she is indeed a girl, and they feel embarrassed to speak with her.

    I have a question did the topic opener approach the guys who changed their behaviour and said: "Guys why are you treating me differently now you know my gender? I'm still the same player, you can treat me as you did before.", and depending on the answers and behaviours then work from there if they are worth keeping as friends/clanies or not.

    There are hundreds of guilds in AV which is one of the most deserted servers nowadays so I imagine on others there are even more which makes it really easy to make true friends and play with them and enjoy the game as it is suposed to.

    Harrassment on voice EVERYONE suffers from that, because your voice is too thin, because your voice is too loud, because you are a girl, because you speak with a funny accent, because you're foreigner and noone can understand your english, ALL THIS will be made fun off when you use voice, you shouldn't let it bother you and just get over it and play, it's not discrimination, it's fooling around.


    One more thing I saw someone posting a video laughing when I said I was showing this topic to female gamers I know and that person is a serious defender of the topic opener so I assume you are laughing because you don't believe I have female gamer friends or you don't believe they are calling her an "attention wh*re" or something of the sorts? If that is indeed the case ain't that me being a victim of discrimination just because I'm a male gamer?

  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    just trying to be serious, i think you just take this too seriously.

    Boys and girls are equally capable in most areas but they are simply not the same.

    A decent bloke would always be kinder with a girl, and a girl actually less involved in ill competition or stuff like that.

    You can't change thousands of years of social (and biological) evolution in a blink without spreading madness around!

    As for toxicity boys and girls should just man up, act decently and feel right without caring for morons.

    If you just assume that loud annoyances are just useless human beings vomiting their real life problems on you, then they look jist as pityful as they are without letting them hurt you.

    Man up!
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    LOL you're gonna be hated for saying "Man up!" in a girl's topic, thats discriminatory against women.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    Well, man up doesn't offend the lizards community wich i proudly represent, so i figured out women can man up too.

    o:)
  • KaidunKaidun
    edited May 2016
    Sinastria wrote: »
    Boys and girls are equally capable in most areas but they are simply not the same.

    APA , the greatest American psychological association with about 117000 + psycholigsts scholars and researchers confirmed the opposite


    The only natural and biological difference between male and females is the body , the differences in the brain are developed through childhood based on how they are raised .

    The only single natural difference between man and woman brain is the size , man have 8% more neurons and this only because a greater brain is needed to control stronger muscles , it's experimented and proved that if a woman starts strength exercises her brain will develop as much as the average man .

  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    You said it yourself. Muscles. That doesn't make boys and girl different? We doesn't have different hormonal fuctions? Have i said that one gender is smarter? There are not psycological differences between boys and girls?
  • the only psychological differences between boys and girls were the ones conditioned by stereotype threat , by changing culture the differences changed too , by removing the stereotype the difference disappeared .

    This was realized through 25 years of daily experimenting on people .
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Indeed by removing the stereotype differences disappear, too bad you live in a stereotyped society which means, it's already too late for whoever is on this thread, you can only work for equality in the future generations, and that means both, removing the "omg a gamer girl i'll hit on her" and the "omg a gamer guy he's fat ugly, lives in a cave and will hit on me"
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    Well, i've traveled a lot in my life, working and living in different countries and yes, culture have a big role in this.

    But to say that different genders won't naturally have different behaviors trusting blindly some empiric test it's to much for me to drink.

    Even animals with not even a great social structure develop different roles without the need to be conditioned. Why don't humans have to develop different psychology and social behaviour based on their biological differences? I don't mean there should be differences in chances or stuff like that, but it's simply normal for me that the average male/female sees the world or approach life in a way conditioned to their own gender.

    I don't even think it's healthy to conform with the "completly the same" mentality. I just agree with the "same capability" thing, but not with the rest.
  • Sinastria wrote: »
    Well, i've traveled a lot in my life, working and living in different countries and yes, culture have a big role in this.

    But to say that different genders won't naturally have different behaviors trusting blindly some empiric test it's to much for me to drink.

    Even animals with not even a great social structure develop different roles without the need to be conditioned. Why don't humans have to develop different psychology and social behaviour based on their biological differences? I don't mean there should be differences in chances or stuff like that, but it's simply normal for me that the average male/female sees the world or approach life in a way conditioned to their own gender.

    I don't even think it's healthy to conform with the "completly the same" mentality. I just agree with the "same capability" thing, but not with the rest.


    logically , how can things can be equal if they are different ?

This discussion has been closed.