[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 1/27 at 6pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

About Classes for all regions that are NOT Korea

Hi, this post is directed to Enmasse and BHS. Is there anyway that NA players and maybe players from all the other regions that are not from korea, to have some influence and say-so regarding future class balances? As far as i know, BHS completely balance their game with only korea in mind, which i find a bit silly because most of the tera players do not play on that version of that game; the version that has talents. Therefore certain classes suffer, like slayer who relies heavily on talents in KTERA, in NA because they do not have access to the talent system and have no other support to balance the fact that there is no talents in all other regions besides korea. I hope there is some way for our community to be able to have some say in the class changes for our (and the other regions besides korea) region. I hope to get a response to this issue soon, thanks.

Comments

• I don't know if there is any esport for tera in korea. But it would be nice if we could be competitive with them.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    There is no esport in ktera, however, i make this post to address the issue that people are discouraged to play some classes in our region because they are not as balanced relative to other the classes, like they are in ktera
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    We've been raising the issue for the past year or so, but they've been avoiding it. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/4drzmx/im_sam_kim_interim_ceo_of_en_masse_entertainment/

I think the last hope is in the Talent Revamp BHS has planned somewhere down the line this year.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    Is there any source regarding these plans for talent revamp? Thanks
  • BHS is probably stringing EME along with promises of a revamped talent system to come globally Soon™ or maybe just ignoring EME. We've been complaining about it forever and asking for minor changes or just a damn global power buff to help compensate for how much worse all our classes are, with no results, so don't get your hopes up.
    InFRaReD28 wrote: »
    "Q : Will there be changes to Talent systems for classes that need revisions?

A : Talent System is currently a sensitive subject. It is not supposed to cause disparity between new players and experienced players (who have high Talent level), but we plan to make revisions on this after balance changes."

Source

I know there's a more recent source, but I can't find it atm.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    "Q : Each classes have talents but some classes just have nothing to invest on. Will there be changes to talent?

A : This is a sensitive subject. We tried to make sure that there won’t be huge difference between low talent level and high talent level, but we will make balance changes first before considering Talent changes"

Honestly, these words like "tried" and "considering", leads me to believe they really don't care and probably not going to change this any time soon (in addition to this only being relevant to ktera). They said nothing about it being brought to other regions. Every time i look at the game's changes, its like they really DO NOT consider the other regions at all, and only focus on their little island.
    edited January 2017
    "Q : Each classes have talents but some classes just have nothing to invest on. Will there be changes to talent?

A : This is a sensitive subject. We tried to make sure that there won’t be huge difference between low talent level and high talent level, but we will make balance changes first before considering Talent changes"

Honestly, these words like "tried" and "considering", leads me to believe they really don't care and probably not going to change this any time soon (in addition to this only being relevant to ktera). They said nothing about it being brought to other regions. Every time i look at the game's changes, its like they really DO NOT consider the other regions at all, and only focus on their little island.
    The best thing we can hope for is for them to make roughly equivalent talents for all classes. Especially for classes like Warriors, Zerkers, Archers that have trash talents, and as a result, have been compensated by huge class buffs. Then they end up unusually strong here.

They have been somewhat making an attempt at reducing the gap between talents vs without. Slayer is actually a direct beneficiary of that. The original Slayer talents gave up to 5.6 seconds (Eviscerate) & 2.8seconds (Whirlwind) cooldown reduction on crit for Measured Slice. It's down to 1.5 seconds each now. But yes, they still have a ways to go.
  • edited January 2017
    It's also been stated in the past that when BHS does class balance, they do it without any consideration of talents because that's what the rest of the world gets as well. Now, the fact that things are not actually balanced is the case with or without talents, so it's not because they only consider talents we don't have. (With talents it's actually less balanced, but in different ways and with greater reasons for disparity.)
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It's also been stated in the past that when BHS does class balance, they do it without any consideration of talents because that's what the rest of the world gets as well. Now, the fact that things are not actually balanced is the case with or without talents, so it's not because they only consider talents we don't have. (With talents it's actually less balanced, but in different ways and with greater reasons for disparity.)
    But the problem is.. They actually DO balance classes based off of talents, because they balance off of Ktera. Priest being an example of this. They buffed priests' Triple Nemesis with a talent that reduces the crit resist of whatever target it hits. And the reason why slayer is exceptionally weak over here, relative compared to classes unlike ktera, is because they don't want to buff it to the point where it should be. This would make Slayer broken in KTERA because they actually have talents over there. Now, i don't want to make this into a SlayerQQ thread so I'm going to try my best to stray away from the Slayer talk. I just want the version of TERA that's mostly being played on (everything other than ktera) to be more considered, by allowing feedback from those respective regions to affect class balances.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    It's been shown many times that these companies say one thing and then do another. I won't believe any of it UNTIL we actually see them start making changes according to their words.
  • EME still is the subsidiary and I know the political stuff in companies. Even if EME would be blessed with perfect foresight for the MMO market, BHS would not listen. The maximum is "consider".
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    EME still is the subsidiary and I know the political stuff in companies. Even if EME would be blessed with perfect foresight for the MMO market, BHS would not listen. The maximum is "consider".

Exactly.

And if you think about which customers spend more money in Tera is obvious to assume that koreans do 5 times or more than other servers.

It's just an assumption but I can imagine this is why they only care for koreans when they release or change content.
  • VirtualONVirtualON ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Who told you slayer is broken in Ktera? In fact they are still bottom in ktera WITH the talents.

Hence slayers are worse than trash in non-ktera regions because their talents are relatively strong.

BHS clearly balances with talents in mind. No hope for Tera. The best course of action is to bandwagon FotM classes.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Pixelator wrote: »
    "Q : Will there be changes to Talent systems for classes that need revisions?

A : Talent System is currently a sensitive subject. It is not supposed to cause disparity between new players and experienced players (who have high Talent level), but we plan to make revisions on this after balance changes."

Source

I know there's a more recent source, but I can't find it atm.

Just a note: the talent system now do exactly the opposite, long time players are way more stronger than new players