TERA Appreciation Post

Despite the complaints people have about serious in-game issues or some mundane ones. I just want to thank BHS and EME on TERA. I genuinely enjoy this game and wouldn't trade it for any MMO out there. I enjoy the combat, the leveling, the guilds, the PvP, the PvE, the classes, the races, the lore and so much more. In this post instead of what BHS could fix in TERA and yelling it's a "dead game", instead talk/explain what you truly appreciate and love about this game.

Comments

• 6EXTMD3763 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you realize this, but the reason people criticize this game so much (aside from the "hurrrrr ded gaem" shitposts) is because they like TERA and hate seeing the direction it's going in. These changes aren't good for the goose or the gander. Players would just not say anything if they didn't care about it. So... no. You'll have to forgive me for not taking part in this developer brown-nosing session where we pretend the glaring issues aren't present and for telling you why I think it's foolish.

I do understand, for the longevity of the game we need to critique and give constructive advice for what will keep the current population here to stay while also giving new players a good experience when entering the game. Everyone understands there are problems in this game, major ones, but people are more likely to complain about what's wrong on the forums. As opposed to the players that are happy with certain aspects will be quiet on the forums. I just want to give people a chance to talk and explain what has or is keeping them playing TERA.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    6EXTMD3763 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you realize this, but the reason people criticize this game so much (aside from the "hurrrrr ded gaem" shitposts) is because they like TERA and hate seeing the direction it's going in. These changes aren't good for the goose or the gander. Players would just not say anything if they didn't care about it. So... no. You'll have to forgive me for not taking part in this developer brown-nosing session where we pretend the glaring issues aren't present and for telling you why I think it's foolish.

I can count the pp who always are whining and complaining with my hands fingers, so if a sample of 10 players would count as the whole comunity this game would be dead 3 years ago.

Also take notice that some of those players make extra accounts on boards to keep whining and complaining for the same reason and the same arguments.
  • Ooh sweet...where to start...hummm...

A deep appreciation of "Lolism" and "Elism", surely, not to mention a fascination with the "femme". A state of the art "optimization" ongoing for four year's now. A vast plethora of fun engaging endgame activities, so deeply and truelly engaging to the now huge player base. A systematic "watering down" of the whole game experience, so benificial to the overall health of the game. Indeed so appreciative.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Mundala wrote: »
    Despite the complaints people have about serious in-game issues or some mundane ones. I just want to thank BHS and EME on TERA. I genuinely enjoy this game and wouldn't trade it for any MMO out there. I enjoy the combat, the leveling, the guilds, the PvP, the PvE, the classes, the races, the lore and so much more. In this post instead of what BHS could fix in TERA and yelling it's a "dead game", instead talk/explain what you truly appreciate and love about this game.

cute elin
    b00b
    dark soul gamelay
    airplane
    f2p
    steam
    no bots
    scytheria

i would trade 2016 tera with the 2005 guild war or 2014 tera ;)

I do understand, for the longevity of the game we need to critique and give constructive advice for what will keep the current population here to stay while also giving new players a good experience when entering the game. Everyone understands there are problems in this game, major ones, but people are more likely to complain about what's wrong on the forums. As opposed to the players that are happy with certain aspects will be quiet on the forums. I just want to give people a chance to talk and explain what has or is keeping them playing TERA.

or maybe they are quiet because they left tera ;)
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    Black Desert it still better.
  • LessiemLessiem ✭✭✭
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Even if we do say anything about the direction the game is going in its not like EME or BHS will pay any attention to it.

True. I mean, look at this silence.....its been 2 weeks since any relevant post from those guys. They dont pay attention and they dont care either
  • May 1, from 2012 to 2014, "TERA" mmmmmmmm sweet.... tremendous Game for those Years... Nexus (even with lag) MCHM, ACHM, and many other stuff that make us feel nostalgic in 2016..... we miss many things... TERA is a way different now but still like it cause the combat system, hopefully, "sigh"
    They have to improve cause i like it so much!!!!:
    - The UI optimization that cause FPS issue (Try Ctrl+z) you will notice the huge difference. The UI in this game is very good and comfortable work in on improve it.

- Combat System #1 and 0 Complaint.

- The Game respond Incredible when ping is OK, most than others games in the market probably the best I seen "BUT" connection Issue with the ISP that cause high ping and spikes on Clients which is (Very Annoying more if you play with a pretty low ping) must be solve ASAP.

- (Love PvP) is amazing!!.... "BUT" They have to focus a little more in PVP content (There is a huge list of issue regard to Class balance, PK Servers, BG Matching time out of Power Hours, Equalize BGs, Rewards and point for win or lose, wow! is a big list you know...

- [filtered] good Graphics even in these years, they have to update the unreal engine (not sure if they can do that)

- Crafting System, i love to craft stuff in this game cause is simplistic.

- and obviously ELINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I'm playing another game that has the same thing I hate about Tera."
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

which game elin18.png
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you hate about Tera? RNG? Elins? Male customers oriented game?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

What do you hate about Tera? RNG? Elins? Male customers oriented game?

It's in quotes, so not really my opinion. Other people claim to hate race and gender locks, but play other Korean games that do so. What I dislike though is mostly RNG, but that's in every game anyways. Then there's how the game is coded; and I don't mean this just because of optimization. The game could be visually better while running better, in addition to more options for cosmetics. For instance, anything that isn't just pants or something short is uncommon as it causes problems. Another issue is deliberate ping dependency. Of course there will always be ping issues, but certain abilities have no option for higher ping (RF, BF, BH, etc); then there's desyncs that impact some classes more than others (Brawler, Lancer, Slayer).

However, for MMORPGs, the options for non-tab target in the west is extremely limited, with many of the other non-tab still being mostly hybrid and not true action combat, so I have stayed on Tera.
  • Remember all those times EME said theyd be more vocal with us and not stay in silence?

Sure looks good on them.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

whether we critique or what we critique does not matter, the devs are stubborn and block headed in their ways, they dont even listen to their home market and they 100% dont care what any of us have to say, and eme what can i say almost all the staff in recent times since the exodus have little to no clue as to how to play the game or how things work in the game, so how can you be a successful publisher with staff with that level of competency? and then we have the heres huge over the top loot to support us events by spacecats while they ignore constructive posts and very good feedback.
  • LuhzLuhz ✭✭✭
    as bad as tera has become it's still pretty good compared to the available options
    i think mmorpg is just a dying genre in it of itself, and even if tera were to become great again somehow it probably wouldn't help much