There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Regarding Dragon Scales in patch notes

Comments

• edited February 2017
    TL;DR -> Hardening Eggs were never changed, and never meant to be a guaranteed dragon mount drop. Everyone in TERA gets an extra 10 Dragon Scales for logging in today.

Final followup post!

To provide a final capstone of clarity: There was no change to the hardening dragon egg item, its drop rate, or the way that system works to provide dragon mounts to players. The error was entirely a versioning issue between patch notes coming to EME from KR, and the resulting "new" notes causing confusion for people thinking it meant the system was changing.

In light of people's rightful concern about their expectations not being met with the drop table yesterday, I am creating a login award on top of the usual daily calendar reward of 10 Dragon Scales.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped out on this issue, and I'll see you in game. (For those who were watching the stream, I'm up to iLvl 394, on my way to the magical 410 number.)
  • Noesis wrote: »
    TL;DR -> Hardening Eggs were never changed, and never meant to be a guaranteed dragon mount drop. Everyone in TERA gets an extra 10 Dragon Scales for logging in today.

Final followup post!

To provide a final capstone of clarity: There was no change to the hardening dragon egg item, its drop rate, or the way that system works to provide dragon mounts to players. The error was entirely a versioning issue between patch notes coming to EME from KR, and the resulting "new" notes causing confusion for people thinking it meant the system was changing.

In light of people's rightful concern about their expectations not being met with the drop table yesterday, I am creating a login award on top of the usual daily calendar reward of 10 Dragon Scales.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped out on this issue, and I'll see you in game. (For those who were watching the stream, I'm up to iLvl 394, on my way to the magical 410 number.)

You're talking about hardening eggs here only what about mysterious eggs?
  • Omg, I just can't. I'm sorry publishers, but this system is trash. Over two months hard work I collected 200 scales and guess what... nothing. I can only guess these scales are meant for RNG upset, no life's, because for casual player this in not meant.
  • Hardening Eggs were never changed, and never meant to be a guaranteed dragon mount drop

Patch notes said otherwise until you change it.....
    So.......again, the gargantuan amount of misunderstanding on what you describe in the patch notes and what you say later is still up and with no signs of disappear (at least in the matter of dragons). But, hey! ty for correct what was already corrected but not intended to correct. ;)
  • Noesis wrote: »

Final followup post!

@Noesis, what about the Mysterious egg? its 100% guarantee dragon or nah?...
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Soffyasd wrote: »
    Noesis wrote: »

Final followup post!

@Noesis, what about the Mysterious egg? its 100% guarantee dragon or nah?...

No its not guarantee, guildie just opened one and got claws.
    They also removed the mention about dragon scales in the patch notes. but it was saved:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20170131202051/http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-520302
  • edited February 2017

Final followup post!

@Noesis @Spacecats Posts like these are why players are losing trust in the current management. If you folks took the time to actually READ what your players are talking about, you'd have seen that no one was contending the Hardening egg item drops. We are talking about the Mysterious Egg, which is an entirely different item that requires players to have 8 dragon claws, which is what players get if they don't get the mount from the Hardening Egg.

Enough is enough, take responsibility for miscommunication on your end, and sort it out.
  • gotta love how they are completely ignoring the fact that the mysterious egg, is still very mysterious. stay on topic EnMasse, stop trying to avoid it. give us some light on that egg, instead of continuing to talk about the other egg
  • XerrayXerray ✭✭✭

Great news but why mailing it to my priest or not announcing beforehand.. (The scales are useless on healer since you can't bank the mount).
  • XerrayXerray ✭✭✭
    Known Issues:
    Skill manuals for Iron and Crimson dragon mounts cannot be stored in the bank.
  • Make scales bankable. Idk why you thought this hot idea to compensate with 10 scales and I didn't know before hand.
  • i didnt even get my 10 scales
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Isnt that simple to make the scales bankable:

EME need request>BHS approve> BHS make a new Patch> Send patch to EME> EME need test everything again to see if anything is broken>(if broken request new patch )> deploy patch
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ketoth wrote: »
    Isnt that simple to make the scales bankable:

EME need request>BHS approve> BHS make a new Patch> Send patch to EME> EME need test everything again to see if anything is broken>(if broken request new patch )> deploy patch

Well, and the whole reason it's not bankable in the first place is because BHS wants it to be restrictive like this. Keep in mind the original plan EME had was bankable/tradeable tokens you could just exchange for the mounts directly. BHS killed that plan and told them (and all regions) to use this. EME made it clear multiple times that this wasn't what they wanted and they tried to argue otherwise.

So the problem here is the "BHS approve" stage. The actual state is "BHS deny".