Power Hours for February

While I don't have a news post up yet about it, there are definitely Battleground Power Hours going on this month! While I work on getting a news post prepared and uploaded, for those of you who want to know about today and the rest of the month, we maintain a google calendar here:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=6as69upd3h4upfidav1q9af448@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

Comments

• RobertinaRobertina ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Finally omg <3
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Great start but you're missing one of the best bgs in game.

IMO ...
    1 of the mon or wed skyrings should be swapped out to gridiron.
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    Robertina wrote: »
    Finally omg <3

I know this month has been really dead without them so far :p
  • It's true. As of 12:01 a.m. this morning not a single BG had fired for February.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    I see what you did there
  • edited February 2017
    201f016bd3a8576fc6cfc872ecac648e.jpg

Must type words in order to post.
  • Power hours are but a patch (and as Spacecats just mentioned, they're actually counter productive since no one runs without it), there should be more incentive to run PVP content. If Korea doesn't want to hear it, at least EME should have to ... I genuinely hope there is a discussion about this in the Player Council section. KS shop, Etching II at reasonable price ? Titan's Embers maybe ? Semis ? 35k, 1k and 5k respectively are the basic costs I think should be considered and built upon.
    My point is PVP content has to catch up, both rewardwise and logicwise: Iron, Kumas, nerf credits to the ground for these; they're leveling stuff. If "something" isn't done, you might as well simply give up on trying anything, and swallow the fact that PVP in TERA being dead is fine.
    I read somewhere, can't remember exactly on what topic, "you can't always pound your fist on the table and say [filtered] it, EME will do it his way" to BHS. Maybe you should try it, because yes you can. We're talking of BHS, a company who chose Frogster to host their EU market (tldr history of TERA EU: f2p goes boom lots of players (like NA), a year later WH -30% of player compared to MCHM, ABHM -40%, SCHM and Fate of Arun: remaining people go to NA because fed up), they are pushovers. A strong hand in business is essential, should this really be reminded to an american company ?
    rant;
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Great start but you're missing one of the best bgs in game.

IMO ...
    1 of the mon or wed skyrings should be swapped out to gridiron.

Completely agreed. Gridiron is definitely one of the best battlegrounds in the game.
  • Please change one of the days back to Gridiron :(
    Skyring isn't something for everyone and shouldn't take 2 days while another is being forgotten
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @Kimimishan
    Everything you've said is spot on.

The forum and in game rage when fwc went EQ was something else. EME simply ignores us now when we ask about it. Twitch streams getting bombarded with "make fwc great again" and "wtb uneq fwc" when the new PM made his introduced and it was completely ignored for silly questions.

Yes I'm posting again about it but it's literally falling on deaf ears....
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Kimimishan wrote: »
    I read somewhere, can't remember exactly on what topic, "you can't always pound your fist on the table and say [filtered] it, EME will do it his way" to BHS. Maybe you should try it, because yes you can.

No they can't because they're partners and sister companies, with the same core investors. They can advise and recommend and provide data/customer feedback, but they cannot threaten or force their way. It's like telling your boss to go pound sand; it doesn't end well for you. They have to play the political game and ultimately respect BHS's wishes for the game, even when they disagree. As we learned clearly from the dragon fiasco and other similar past issues, BHS always has the final say.

In the end, this is another decision that was made as part of the unification of global builds, and I presume other regions (not NA) must prefer it this way, even though the feedback on the forum here is negative. But I know that at least part of the feedback here is complicated by the fact that equalized gear is so flawed, and also the fact that PvP rewards in general are seen to be lacking.
  • off topic, did they ever fix the real issue with Gridiron? namely, it being crap for healers?

Because if they didn't then you guys wanting to queue gridiron are in for a nasty surprise when you see what happens when 1/3 of the holy trinity couldn't be bothered showing up.
  • NoctivNoctiv ✭✭✭
    off topic, did they ever fix the real issue with Gridiron? namely, it being crap for healers?

Because if they didn't then you guys wanting to queue gridiron are in for a nasty surprise when you see what happens when 1/3 of the holy trinity couldn't be bothered showing up.

I don't believe so, but grid still popped the last time it was power hours because it rewards relatively quick KS. I believe it's better to have the option, especially since healers q-ing is also an issues faced in 3s.
  • The main issue with healer not q'ing 3's "It's all your fault"
  • Power hours.....Let me see if I can be constructive here.

This is a bandaid Noesis. Even with power hours people won't run Fraywind or CS as often as Kumas/ Iron battlegrounds. We need a system similar to the crusades if you honestly want PvP to return. There needs to be a reason to compete.

Bluehole has taken away the need to gear up in battlegrounds since everything is now equalised ( except team 3s but hey not like it pops often). Let's avoid Civil Unrest as well , that discussion is elsewhere.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Power hours aren't worth doing if the PvP gear you can obtain from it is basically redundant. So there's only two suggestions I can offer.

Attempt to return fraywind to being un equalised (have an eq version for up to 64 , remove Kumas / Iron BG). Second and more importantly we need a leader board. With some form of reward for rank 1 - 3.

For example : Rank 1 - 2 Diamonds

Rank 2 - 5 Emeralds

Rank 3 - 3 Emeralds.

Don't. Jump on me. Add in your thoughts but I must request you be constructive.

Peace out guys.