[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

This game is so easy... (Beware, rant here)

Comments

• Leveling should be easy, it's not fun, and it'll never be fun so the faster we get it over with the better, that said there is an exp event going on right now so you do get overleveled.

The prologue of a game is not an example of it's difficulty. The hard part about this game is refraining from ganking some BHS employees for making such stupid decisions.

Leveling CAN be fun, it just isn't for this game. It very much depends on the type of game and how the leveling system is approached.

Also, if you ganked a BHS employee, you'd know it as they literally have gear/skills that one shot. I'm talking a friend of mine did pk a GM's character and the GM got out his sword with had some copious amount of damage and hit my friend once in a safe zone to kill him. It was all in good fun though of course.
  • ToiresToires ✭✭
    I am currently leveling up 2 characters (well right now now I´m ninja-ing, but you get the point). In one of them I am using avatar weapons and doing all stuff as the game is intended to be. In the other one I just skipped avatar weapons. Regardless of the double exp event, they both have just a couple of levels of difference, but with the guy without avatar weaps I'm having a lot more interesting time leveling up. The time consuming is slightly longer but nothing so unbearable because dungeon weapons are as strong as avatar weapons, they just don't crit as crazy, and they make crafting a lot more relevant because you can attune those weaps (including ninja stuff) and gear to get extra damage and defense, and since level 1-60 mats and stuff drop as candy they are in no means hard to get. Tera makes so much more sense as I actually have to use skills to kill mobs/BAMs instead of double clicking auto-attack, and there is a reason to stay in a party (and not necessarily a complete one).

So, getting rid of avatar weapons is a partial fix for me right now, as it doesn´t solve all the issues (mostly because I am the only one doing this, so the party system and IM is still screwed by avatar weapons used by everyone else), and it is a lot more satisfying than clearing a whole dungeon alone with auto attack.

I think that can be easily achieved by BHS, it just removes one feature and makes the whole world relevant again. New players get a first full run of the game, and experienced players can either use a lvl60 scroll for alts or spam dungeons/ mobs sites with exp scrolls (which are pretty much free with all the goodies EME gives) to get into LVL 60 in no time, and, End-Game content gets untouched for already lvl65 players.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    I think they just took the power creep thing on new stuff to glue players to the game too seriously.

It's fine to have new classes a bit stronger than previous ones for a while, and then nerf them a little, but bhs just make super good new classes and don't nerf them later.

I mean, if i play my sorceress is fun and actually challenging, but when i pick up my brawler games looks way easier. And ninja looks way more powerful than brawl.

By the way i keep leveling stuff spamming IM, i play with people and have more fun.
  • Just think.. remember how hard was to make VM1?
    Now VM6 and 7 are jokes
  • iLiliumiLilium ✭✭
    Sinastria wrote: »
    I think they just took the power creep thing on new stuff to glue players to the game too seriously.

It's fine to have new classes a bit stronger than previous ones for a while, and then nerf them a little, but bhs just make super good new classes and don't nerf them later.

I mean, if i play my sorceress is fun and actually challenging, but when i pick up my brawler games looks way easier. And ninja looks way more powerful than brawl.

By the way i keep leveling stuff spamming IM, i play with people and have more fun.

I agree, but brawler is still stronger then Ninja.
    They smash throw things like it isn't nothing, to be honest. if you get a ninja good enough in pvp, a brawler can easily combo the crap out of them.
    I have a brawler in +0 Dreads and she manhandled bams on Island of dawn almost as fast as my ninja in +11 Slaughter gear. with bam hunting crystals.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think.. remember how hard was to make VM1?
    Now VM6 and 7 are jokes

VM1 was 99% rng screwing you over, that doesn't make it hard, it was just stupid. Vits, sparks, quills-- rng up the wazoo it was dumb af.
  • BronzeTubeBronzeTube ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ardire wrote: »
    Now VM6 and 7 are jokes

VM1 was 99% rng screwing you over, that doesn't make it hard, it was just stupid. Vits, sparks, quills-- rng up the wazoo it was dumb af.

They took the RNG from getting the mats and shoved it all into awakening. I'd gladly go back to the VM1 days if it meant no awakening. Quills weren't so bad because at least you could make gold running MCHM by selling regents and abyss. It was actually extremely profitable for skilled players. And as far as sparks and vits go, at least there wasn't a cap on how much farming you could put into them. You can only get so much feedstock in a day for awakening.

Plus sparks and vits were things people could farm for to make money. People who couldn't clear MCHM would often farm for this kind of stuff to make gold. The people who cleared MCHM to get quills would sell the regents and abyss and then buy the vits/sparks off the broker. The system was pretty nice for spreading the gold around.

Though the worst part of the VM1 grind was actually the designs. That was a nightmare.
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    Now VM6 and 7 are jokes

apparently you never tried to +15 your VM to know the screwing
  • I did +15 on my starfall with 32 attempts. I mean now getting the VM gear is a joke compared to VM1. I did not say that is easy to enchant lol
  • "Getting" too easy, where you been, it's been hella easy for quite some time now.
  • AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    "Getting" too easy, where you been, it's been hella easy for quite some time now.

Yet it keeps getting easier and easier regardless. Like lvl 15 avatar weapons and skipping entire Lumbertown for whatever reason.
    Anyway, the game has gotten easy enough to just get rid of avatar weapons completely at this point. Besides, getting avatar weapons through entire lvl 15-64 is really not helping anyone realize the importance of Crit Factor at lvl 65.
  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭
    PPl complaining about tera... Just dont play it, its that simple.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    I'm actually fairly new, but on day 5 with my sorc i have a full +12 dread set. Not sure if this is supposed to be easy or not, and i have to admit that i've played the flipping game quite hard on broker! (f2p)
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    809 wrote: »
    PPl complaining about tera... Just dont play it, its that simple.

There it is! Knew a thread couldn't live very long without one of these responses rearing its ugly head up. People complain because they like the game and know it can be better. Just putting up with it however the devs hand it out is what caused this game to start dying out.
  • Personally, I find this very good, for the game to be easier. Not every player in the world is a 100% perfection anti-casual neonazi of the gaming industry. If you got problems with that, then I don't know what else to say. I played this game like two years ago, then I took a long break, I came back at it like 6 months ago, and I stopped again, now I am back again and I managed to make three chars 65 lvls in one week, BUT I had my time with them, did things, waiting for dungeons -things are kinda dead nowadays- and trying to save a lot of things. I have a Ninja, a Gunner and a Lancer, and I am really intrigued to play again as Brawler. If you want challenge, try to play as Slayer -all the worst things on that class imo- or a Berserker, or a Lancer, or a Priest, generally all the old-school classes. I think the game became easier after the Gunner's appearance and the other new classes, and I don't have a problem with that.

^Do note, that in the end game, I've heard it's way harder. I'm playing with a gear lvl around 394 and I still can't see the new dungeons after the dailies. And only my weapons are like +12, my set is +9 and I'm just farming gold from the dailies. I want to reach like 50k gold, and atm I have 36k gold. It is a very decent progress I think. I'm not ready to take up the harder dungeons though, and I must hone up my skills first. But I enjoy the time, I enjoy on saving gold, I enjoy on helping other players or being helped. I love to be and feel able to do something in that game, and no, it is not bad that it is easier than it was before.

Don't hate the casual players, the game is totally fair to everyone, you don't even need money to buy stuff, just work and patience. If you are so good as a player, then I congratulate you, I admire you, I believe you, yes, I do, but don't be "that guy" who wants "that game" to be harder just for your own taste.