[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Give Lunar Dancer a name for NA Tera

We have seen and discussed it on many threads. Lets give names here and see which one really works. One name title which is the NA Tera.

I go with the name:

Guandao, A name which matches the Weapon, Moon, also one name and good match for martial art from China which is the source for it and a connection to Guan Yu which is the most famous for using that kind of weapon. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Who would give a name like that on american servers or even europe servers? If you read a classes name, you have a guess what that class possibly does. If you tell me "guandao is so great", I might be thinking you are talking about a dish lol....
    Lunar Dancer seems OK to me, or anything similar.
  • Idk what you mean by give a name though. As in give a name for a lunar dancer character? Or for the class itself? If it's for the latter, it sounds too chines-y for NA Tera imo, since guandao is actually the hanyu pinyin of the chinese counterpart of the glaive weapon.
  • They're likely just going to call it 'Dancer'. Remember back when we got word of the 'Arcane Engineer'? Nope, Gunner.
  • Gaalrak wrote: »
    They're likely just going to call it 'Dancer'. Remember back when we got word of the 'Arcane Engineer'? Nope, Gunner.

I doubt they'll go with Dancer, as that really says nothing of the class and it sounds too... weak, or out of place.

I'd go with Spearmaster or something. Boring, but safe.
  • what about Lunatic or Impaler ?
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My guess is on Glaiver.
  • Money's on Glaivier too
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Cash Grab cause thats all BHS wants from you
  • Guessing Moonlight/Lunar Gladiator
  • fastrthnwindfastrthnwind ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Honestly, Glaiver is the most appropriate name.
  • Guano <3

(blahblah)
  • How about Pole Dancer ?
  • Glaiver? NA style doesn't like long names with more than 2 words so :pleased:
  • Impaler, Glaiver, Ronin, Glaiver seems appropriate. In truth there is plenty of talk already that it is Glaiver amongst other media Genre's.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    We have seen and discussed it on many threads. Lets give names here and see which one really works. One name title which is the NA Tera.

I go with the name:

Guandao, A name which matches the Weapon, Moon, also one name and good match for martial art from China which is the source for it and a connection to Guan Yu which is the most famous for using that kind of weapon. What do you guys think?

OMG no, sounds like "guano" which means poo.