[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Plus, get free items upon your first post-update log-in. Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

(No longer a request) Add diamonds to the Power Hour Jackpot

This is for @Spacecats @Noesis and any other GM who controls the product/community management for TERA.

For some players, including myself, don't have much desire to get VM materials. Back in late 2014, you had jackpots that included Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and rarely, Diamond. I was wondering if you can add these to the Power Hour Jackpot, so we'd have more of a motive to push forward in CS & FWC, than just the Sea Chest/Battle Reward and the occasionally appearing Dragon Scales x3/Tier 11 Feedstock x50. Thanks!

Also, it's not to replace ANY current items, but to be added to the list of items that are earned through the battlegrounds.

Update: There is a total of 4 comments for, 7 comments against and 1 neutral comment about the suggested change. Due to the large portion of the community choosing to be against this idea, I won't promote the suggestion. Thank you for your opinions.

Update 2: The idea of adding more items than VM materials is still up for opinions. I don't want to obtain a victor box full of VM materials, dyads and PVE gear. I'd like prizes, and I really hope the enchanting bonanza box will get put in a place where we can earn it.

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES DEM DIAMONDS were in the jackpot before, we need'em =)
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea get rid of dragon scales and put diamonds in their place.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    The 50 t11 fs = 1500g roughly which is nice to sell or keep for next patch.

Scales are useless if you already own a dragon and well the rng is disgusting on the eggs.

hankys/envys are useless to most players this far into the patch.

Changing scales and hankys/envys to something tradable/sellable so that everyone can enjoy the reward makes sense IMO.
  • Koikoi wrote: »
    The 50 t11 fs = 1500g roughly which is nice to sell or keep for next patch.

Scales are useless if you already own a dragon and well the rng is disgusting on the eggs.

hankys/envys are useless to most players this far into the patch.

Changing scales and hankys/envys to something tradable/sellable so that everyone can enjoy the reward makes sense IMO.

Yes, that's why I wanted it to be replaced or have something added in, which would be the gems. A lot of players would sell those gems for higher than there worth on the trade broker or they can just have them sold to a merchant if they don't want broker fees. I'd prefer this over a non-sellable, non-tradable item.
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭✭
    NO pls God.
    Kira98 wrote: »
    NO pls God.

It is not up to God, It is @Noesis or @Spacecats,

Also those talk about gold sink, they mostly talk about, no I wanna be the rich person lol 10K is a lot to you guys? That is nothing these days, we were getting Diamond where you could trade one with EMP when it was 1:10. Don't bullshittttttttttttttt tnx.
  • I haven't seen that much VM8 materials to begin with in jackpots and I have done a lot of them. Dragon scales are something I don't want to see, ever. I'm getting STDs seeing those terrible things.
  • NobupakNobupak ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I agree with @LesbianVi about the gold sink. Normally back then the jackpot would rarely show gems in the first place, that's even mentioned in my original post. To receive a diamond and actually win the match was 1 chance in the entire hour. Emeralds, Rubies and Sapphires was about 1:10~15 chance to have it as a reward for the match, but it never affected the economy what so ever. Even when you look at the vanguard quests right now, you get rewarded 200g~240g for completing a dungeon, and no one is arguing about that being a problem to the gold sink. As said before, no one wants to really be rewarded with VM8 materials or dragon scales. If anything, add gems to the dragon scale shop to at least it make it worth my time.

I still rather have something return to the battlegrounds than add something entirely different. It doesn't need to replace what's currently there, but to be added to the selection of items for the match.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    I can't see them adding in diamonds instead of the scales. scales are like 8 out of every 10 matches or so iv done?

Maybe Nocs or food buffs or some other consumable would be good. If done in the right quantity ... otherwise just don't bother.
  • no, dont add daimonds for jack pot
    but add somes ways to obtain, im guess is more effort for transfer server , because the only droop im see them, is is guillegade.
  • NobupakNobupak ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    no, dont add daimonds for jack pot
    but add somes ways to obtain, im guess is more effort for transfer server , because the only droop im see them, is is guillegade.

Again as I said before, it's been done and the rarity of obtaining a diamond in a Jackpot Power Hour is 1 chance in the entire power hour, and sometimes not at all. If 20 players obtained a diamond, I believe it wouldn't affect the economy since it's really 10,000g (and their on a span of 5 different servers). You're more likely to encounter rubies (100g), sapphires (200g), and rarely emeralds (1,000g) than a diamond itself. I think this information should be considered if that's what you're worried about.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tera needs more goldsinks, not more Diamonds!
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »

Then here is an idea, gems at the novelty merchant in Velika, sell back stays the same, purchase price is +15%. I just want gems back.
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

can you people clarify to me why it needs more gold sinks? I wanna know. if once or twice a week you might get 10K or 20K is a lot, it means you people don't even play this game.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

can you people clarify to me why it needs more gold sinks? I wanna know. if once or twice a week you might get 10K or 20K is a lot, it means you people don't even play this game.

Diamond jackpots don't create 10k to 20k once or twice a week, it creates 150k~200k per jackpot and multiple jackpots will happen per day. With no proper goldsinks, prices for items will continue to increase.