[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Kyra Removal.... Nice try but well .....

Comments

• Fulzoid wrote: »
    Would it be to hard to understand that, hey, it "might" have been announced, just like every single Kyra's event, they announced that they would fix tradeable problem and remove once events over.
    No, actually. This is the one and only time they ever said they would remove them after the event was over. And they did.

Conversely, it would be completely unfair to people who heeded the clear warning and used their catalysts if they then turned around and gave something to people who kept them, because they specifically told people they had to use them or they all would be deleted.

to lazy to look it up, but I remember in 2014, first Kyra event had that warning. then I left the game for over 2 years, I got back pretty much last september. I missed the last Kyra's event, so I get punished for it cuz I haven't used them since 2014? Oh wise, very wise move.

It remains a hole into the game. Removing items just like poof is incoherent and pretty much show how EME actually is careless about their community
  • edited February 2017
    Fulzoid wrote: »
    to lazy to look it up, but I remember in 2014, first Kyra event had that warning
    For what it's worth, the first Kyra's event in August 2015 actually said the opposite:
    This is a limited-time promotion, so make sure to exchange any catalysts that you collect or purchase for a prize before maintenance on Tuesday, August 18! Any catalysts left unused after August 25 will be usable the next time Kyra’s Potion Shack pops up, but Kyra may not return for some time—and the prizes she offers will almost certainly be different!

...and it was usable the next time, and the one after that. Then they drew the line in the sand due to the problem with people hoarding them too much, hence the deletion.

I do agree that it's unfortunate that you missed the interim events where you had the opportunity to use the catalysts, though. That sucks. But at the same time, because of the way they explained it last time, they can't do anything other than delete them as they said they would. Otherwise, all the people who forced themselves to use them would be justifiably angry. Perhaps, in retrospect, the idea of converting them to something else would have been better than deleting them.
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    to lazy to look it up, but I remember in 2014, first Kyra event had that warning
    For what it's worth, the first Kyra's event in August 2015 actually said the opposite:
    This is a limited-time promotion, so make sure to exchange any catalysts that you collect or purchase for a prize before maintenance on Tuesday, August 18! Any catalysts left unused after August 25 will be usable the next time Kyra’s Potion Shack pops up, but Kyra may not return for some time—and the prizes she offers will almost certainly be different!

...and it was usable the next time, and the one after that. Then they drew the line in the sand due to the problem with people hoarding them too much, hence the deletion.

I do agree that it's unfortunate that you missed the interim events where you had the opportunity to use the catalysts, though. That sucks. But at the same time, because of the way they explained it last time, they can't do anything other than delete them as they said they would. Otherwise, all the people who forced themselves to use them would be justifiably angry. Perhaps, in retrospect, the idea of converting them to something else would have been better than deleting them.

Seems a little wierd, cuz I been there on that event release, and yet I didn't play in 2015, at all. I remember it quite close, but right after BAM event, but oh well, memory may fails me at some ponit I guess, and I can't deny my lazyness XD

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having actual explaination on why no compensation *at all* for these who actually invested or whatever with these Kyra's, unlike everything else that Tera has known *Edit: And this was the very first comment I've done in this subject, before having to debate offsubject*
  • For the guy who had a banktab of catalysts, they clearly said (System announce during the event, also the last Kyra event post) it was the last chance to use them, after that event, they were going to clear all the Welcome message catalysts remaining and banked ones.
  • Soffyasd wrote: »
    For the guy who had a banktab of catalysts, they clearly said (System announce during the event, also the last Kyra event post) it was the last chance to use them, after that event, they were going to clear all the Welcome message catalysts remaining and banked ones.

Gotta love how people repeat empty comment, over and over again, yet doesn't answer my simple question
    Soffyasd wrote: »
    For the guy who had a banktab of catalysts, they clearly said (System announce during the event, also the last Kyra event post) it was the last chance to use them, after that event, they were going to clear all the Welcome message catalysts remaining and banked ones.

Gotta love how people repeat empty comment, over and over again, yet doesn't answer my simple question

If you mean your simple question of "can I get compensation for you deleting an item you said you'd delete months ago" the answer is obviously gonna be "no" and everyone knows it. What they are trying to do is explain why this is a silly question.

support.enmasse.com/tera/kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack
    This is from last Kyra event, check out the last question.
  • Blerg wrote: »

If you mean your simple question of "can I get compensation for you deleting an item you said you'd delete months ago" the answer is obviously gonna be "no" and everyone knows it. What they are trying to do is explain why this is a silly question.

must be why I get more support than you "like wise"

Seems a little wierd, cuz I been there on that event release, and yet I didn't play in 2015, at all. I remember it quite close, but right after BAM event, but oh well, memory may fails me at some ponit I guess, and I can't deny my lazyness XD

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having actual explaination on why no compensation *at all* for these who actually invested or whatever with these Kyra's, unlike everything else that Tera has known *Edit: And this was the very first comment I've done in this subject, before having to debate offsubject*
    It was explained in the beginning that it was a use or it lose it situation. There's no reason for players to be compensated when it was said multiple times during the last event that they would be cleared out.

They even explained that the wipe and poor prizes from before were because of how many players were hoarding the crystals. If you didn't play during the time of the announcement and just assumed that you'd always be able to have an advantage by hoarding then maybe you should have done a better job of staying informed. They had in game announcements, mentioned it on stream, news posts, and there was an FAQ that is still there.

Basically why compensate the people who were part of an issue? You put work into getting them but you also had a chance to use them when you earned them. For whatever the reason you didn't and took a chance that they'd be useful later in the game. It's just unlucky that it didn't work out for you.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Blerg wrote: »

You must be one of those who think the BAM Killer event coins can still be used or will be used in the future...
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Zoknahal wrote: »

You must be one of those who think the BAM Killer event coins can still be used or will be used in the future...

as for any other event, I did indeed invest in every single event currency. Some are lost while others aren't. It's risky sometime, but hey look, BAM token still are in there, they didn't poof *yet*. I also keep sun event token and served me very well, etc.
    I hope for a BAM event indeed, but not to re-use my coins (since I bought them super cheap, I careless), but because it was the best event EME released since 2012.
    StarSprite wrote: »

It was explained in the beginning that it was a use or it lose it situation. There's no reason for players to be compensated when it was said multiple times during the last event that they would be cleared out.

They even explained that the wipe and poor prizes from before were because of how many players were hoarding the crystals. If you didn't play during the time of the announcement and just assumed that you'd always be able to have an advantage by hoarding then maybe you should have done a better job of staying informed. They had in game announcements, mentioned it on stream, news posts, and there was an FAQ that is still there.

Basically why compensate the people who were part of an issue? You put work into getting them but you also had a chance to use them when you earned them. For whatever the reason you didn't and took a chance that they'd be useful later in the game. It's just unlucky that it didn't work out for you.

I don't believe you're a GM or an EME employee, so therefor, you're once again giving the very same empty point, as for the issue, EME never fixed the issue, and they said they would. Yet it was still tradeable multiple events later. Yet not my fault, that's theirs. I mostly fighting for everybody that actually holded these, for whatever reason they had, Rich, poor, whatever. when something comes back (just like strongbox key event), should we just poof every single key once event away? It is the very same thing. I do believe you would like to be compensated if, without much warnings, all your, let say I dunno, 3500 Strongbox key poofs. Would you?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »

as for any other event, I did indeed invest in every single event currency. Some are lost while others aren't. It's risky sometime, but hey look, BAM token still are in there, they didn't poof *yet*. I also keep sun event token and served me very well, etc.
    I hope for a BAM event indeed, but not to re-use my coins (since I bought them super cheap, I careless), but because it was the best event EME released since 2012.
    StarSprite wrote: »

I don't believe you're a GM or an EME employee, so therefor, you're once again giving the very same empty point, as for the issue, EME never fixed the issue, and they said they would. Yet it was still tradeable multiple events later. Yet not my fault, that's theirs. I mostly fighting for everybody that actually holded these, for whatever reason they had, Rich, poor, whatever. when something comes back (just like strongbox key event), should we just poof every single key once event away? It is the very same thing. I do believe you would like to be compensated if, without much warnings, all your, let say I dunno, 3500 Strongbox key poofs. Would you?

Definitely your fault and you are only trolling in this thread by now.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do believe you would like to be compensated if, without much warnings, all your, let say I dunno, 3500 Strongbox key poofs. Would you?
    There was multiple warnings about them being removed, you simply chose not to be paying attention, or wanted to gamble on them not going through with what they said, or simply weren't playing Tera. Neither of these situations are EME's responsibility since the information was put out on more than one place for once, you gambled, and lost. Not many are going to take you seriously when your only defense is a bunch of false information that has already been disproved by multiple people.

Also, not all currencies are created equal. Certain ones are used more than once because they don't offer anything of high value. Kyra's would give cash shop items, even direct EMP at one point and I think Elite Status one time as well. The seasonal token shops do not offer anything of very high value that can be sold, and as such, it makes no sense for EME/BHS to be worried if some people choose to hoard tokens, the rewards have also been similar multiple times for those shops as well, so you're hoarding for pretty much no reason other than gambling on the fact they might change the shops, which they aren't... You also run the risk of certain temporary NA specific token's not working anymore randomly by saving them, considering this happened before and not many people even complained.
  • Isn't it normal to think an event item only last for the event only? If you being greedy and try to take advantage of it... you the one ready to take the risk.
  • I gotta love how people are almost always out of subject in order to "proove their point". So the 2 won't even get a reply.

As for,
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    I do believe you would like to be compensated if, without much warnings, all your, let say I dunno, 3500 Strongbox key poofs. Would you?
    There was multiple warnings about them being removed, you simply chose not to be paying attention, or wanted to gamble on them not going through with what they said, or simply weren't playing Tera. Neither of these situations are EME's responsibility since the information was put out on more than one place for once, you gambled, and lost. Not many are going to take you seriously when your only defense is a bunch of false information that has already been disproved by multiple people.

Also, not all currencies are created equal. Certain ones are used more than once because they don't offer anything of high value. Kyra's would give cash shop items, even direct EMP at one point and I think Elite Status one time as well. The seasonal token shops do not offer anything of very high value that can be sold, and as such, it makes no sense for EME/BHS to be worried if some people choose to hoard tokens, the rewards have also been similar multiple times for those shops as well, so you're hoarding for pretty much no reason other than gambling on the fact they might change the shops, which they aren't... You also run the risk of certain temporary NA specific token's not working anymore randomly by saving them, considering this happened before and not many people even complained.

The main issue of Kyra is that they were tradeable. People who could farm them could use them. Fact that EME wrote in the item "cannot be traded" and never actually fixed it proove my point pretty easy. They intended it not to be tradeable, people abused it cuz EME allowed them to. Now they remove it for no actual reasons else than "we screwed up and can't find another way to fix it". Once again, they put a few user against them, and they'll keep doing mad move over and over again like such,
This discussion has been closed.