[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Kyra's Potion Shack feedback: it's an amazing event!

In my opinion this event has been thought out in a great way, it's super rewarding but farming catalysts still requires some effort. Finally we have an event that's enjoyable by all the player base: the amount of catalysts rewarded is great and fair for everyone, low levels, low geared 65s, and well geared 65s; but at the same time a lot of effort was put into avoiding possible exploits (no low tier 65 dungeons and level locked box for leveling dungeons).
Furthermore being able to choose between enchanting materials and accessories is great, not everyone wants hats and backpacks, and not everyone needs mats, this way the event caters to almost all the players.
There have been a few issues with the leveling rewards but they've been handled in a few hours after the start of the event, so I have no complaints about that.
The only thing that bugs me is getting just one catalyst after winning CS and FWC, I feel like that prize is fine for Kumas, Iron and Skyring since they take just a few minutes, but one CS or FWC run takes 15 mins, just like a SSNM/LKNM run, which reward 3 to 5.
Overall I'm super satisfied with the event, it's rewarding, unexploitable and the rewards are great, I'm super excited for the Kyra-Mongo combo that's coming soon. So, great job @Spacecats and EME!

Comments

• DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to mention 1 hour queuing for CS / FWC before another 15+ minutes in that respective battleground.
    That much time for just 1 catalyst meanwhile 20 minutes in one dungeon can get about 3-5 catalysts.
  • FlorettaSoupFlorettaSoup ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Deluso wrote: »
    You forgot to mention 1 hour queuing for CS / FWC before another 15+ minutes in that respective battleground.
    That much time for just 1 catalyst meanwhile 20 minutes in one dungeon can get about 3-5 catalysts.

Actually at peak times CS queue is quite fast, I'd say 10/15 mins, the same time it takes to make a party for top tier dungeons with LFG, so I wouldn't take into account the queue times. But, yes, as I stated above, the CS and FWC reward should be buffed a bit, instead of the single catalyst they could send the catalyst box that drops from lvl 65 dungeons via parcel. In my opinion with this change the event would be perfect.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mainly wish the catalysts just had to be clicked on without a confirmation.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »

I guess this is because the catalysts "disappear". We still have people asking in /global where their catalysts went to. I bet without the confirmation window people would wirte thousands of tickets "I wanted to place my catalysts with right-click into the bank and they magically disappeared".
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    In my opinion this event has been thought out in a great way, it's super rewarding but farming catalysts still requires some effort. Finally we have an event that's enjoyable by all the player base: the amount of catalysts rewarded is great and fair for everyone, low levels, low geared 65s, and well geared 65s; but at the same time a lot of effort was put into avoiding possible exploits (no low tier 65 dungeons and level locked box for leveling dungeons).
    Furthermore being able to choose between enchanting materials and accessories is great, not everyone wants hats and backpacks, and not everyone needs mats, this way the event caters to almost all the players.
    There have been a few issues with the leveling rewards but they've been handled in a few hours after the start of the event, so I have no complaints about that.
    The only thing that bugs me is getting just one catalyst after winning CS and FWC, I feel like that prize is fine for Kumas, Iron and Skyring since they take just a few minutes, but one CS or FWC run takes 15 mins, just like a SSNM/LKNM run, which reward 3 to 5.
    Overall I'm super satisfied with the event, it's rewarding, unexploitable and the rewards are great, I'm super excited for the Kyra-Mongo combo that's coming soon. So, great job @Spacecats and EME!

Sure its a nice event. Yet do you realize that you have to go through like so many steps when clicking these catalyst and obtaining them to begin with for your inventory.

I have my inventory generally full with things I will use in a dungeo or need for crafting etc.

So here Is my process.

Step one: Go to item claim see how much I have, see I have a chest in my inventory as well from the dungeon.

Step two: Go to bank empty my inventory space needed for each catalyst to go into the inventory slots

Step three: Click on a catalyst..

Step four: window pops up.
    Use this item? This process removes one <Kyra's Catalyst (Found)> from your inventory. To proceed, check the confirmation box on the right, then click 'Confirm" below.

clicked the box and confirmed
    Step five: next window pops up

If redeeming an Elite Status voucher, you must restart the game and launcher before receiving any in-game benefits.

? This was not an elite status voucher.
    but no x for this box just click yes.

Step 6: Go back to bank, replace respective inventory.

Step 7: repeat the same process to get the catalyst to do repeat the steps once again.. repeat, rinse, recycle, repeat

This process must be done for each individual catalyst, that takes up each individual inventory slot.

This in truth can become a headache.
    First off. I think it is more logical and organized to have them stackable in your inventory to alleviate the need to constantly empty the inventory for the catalyst. Secondly, The repetitive windows that pop up are insanely illogical accept for the first window. Yet the option should be given on whether to ask again or not. Thus alleviating the need to keep having the window pop up once more over and over again. The next window that pops up is not even needed at all. Why have this window pop up that isn't even an elite status voucher?

Thirdly it would logical to allow us to organize the catalyst to stack as well in the bank should we wish to hoard them till a later date before the end fo the Kyra event.
  • This in truth can become a headache.
    In this case you should immediately stop playing Tera then.

Given the time you wrote this wall of text, you might have transfered all catalysts you'd get for the whole event.
  • Also.. of course it takes on average around 2x BG runs to actually win with the average joe's 50% win rate.

So say, 2x (12 min queue + 2 rounds of (2 mins sitting in cage + 5min fighting)) = about 1 catalyst in 50ish minutes

Compared to 7 min queue for ssnm + 13ish? minutes in dungeon (never actually timed it) for 4 catalysts on average = so about 10x as much from doing dungeons.

Not that it really bothers me that much right now.. but i think im going to get fairly bored of ssnm/lknm pretty soon.

Would be cool if they switched around where the catalysts were acquired a couple of times over the next two weeks just for variety's sake. Turn off lknm,ssnm and turn on VoK and DFHM for example, have a bonus few days for kumas perhaps to get that bg going again.. something like that.
  • @RimbaldiOfTera You are complaining just for the sake of it, just like when, during mongos, people complained because they had to open 200 parcels. For once instead of looking for the smallest issue why don't we all say "GJ EME"? Because that's what you're doing, you're complaining about having to click a few times, while the whole event is great.
  • In my opinion this event has been thought out in a great way, it's super rewarding but farming catalysts still requires some effort. Finally we have an event that's enjoyable by all the player base: the amount of catalysts rewarded is great and fair for everyone, low levels, low geared 65s, and well geared 65s; but at the same time a lot of effort was put into avoiding possible exploits (no low tier 65 dungeons and level locked box for leveling dungeons).

Sure its a nice event. Yet do you realize that you have to go through like so many steps when clicking these catalyst and obtaining them to begin with for your inventory.

I have my inventory generally full with things I will use in a dungeo or need for crafting etc.

So here Is my process.

Step one: Go to item claim see how much I have, see I have a chest in my inventory as well from the dungeon.

Step two: Go to bank empty my inventory space needed for each catalyst to go into the inventory slots

Step three: Click on a catalyst..

Step four: window pops up.
    Use this item? This process removes one <Kyra's Catalyst (Found)> from your inventory. To proceed, check the confirmation box on the right, then click 'Confirm" below.

clicked the box and confirmed
    Step five: next window pops up

If redeeming an Elite Status voucher, you must restart the game and launcher before receiving any in-game benefits.

? This was not an elite status voucher.
    but no x for this box just click yes.

Step 6: Go back to bank, replace respective inventory.

Step 7: repeat the same process to get the catalyst to do repeat the steps once again.. repeat, rinse, recycle, repeat

This process must be done for each individual catalyst, that takes up each individual inventory slot.

This in truth can become a headache.
    First off. I think it is more logical and organized to have them stackable in your inventory to alleviate the need to constantly empty the inventory for the catalyst. Secondly, The repetitive windows that pop up are insanely illogical accept for the first window. Yet the option should be given on whether to ask again or not. Thus alleviating the need to keep having the window pop up once more over and over again. The next window that pops up is not even needed at all. Why have this window pop up that isn't even an elite status voucher?

Thirdly it would logical to allow us to organize the catalyst to stack as well in the bank should we wish to hoard them till a later date before the end fo the Kyra event.

Or, and it might sound like a revolutionary idea, just leave your crafting stuff in the bank and only take them out when you're actually crafting (just how much crafting items do you need anyway?).
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

I guess this is because the catalysts "disappear". We still have people asking in /global where their catalysts went to. I bet without the confirmation window people would wirte thousands of tickets "I wanted to place my catalysts with right-click into the bank and they magically disappeared".

I guess a confirmation isn't as bad if you could use more than one at a time. I'm just particularly against things that distract/delay you, similar with the mongo parcel, would've like a "claim all" for parcels.
  • HippyK wrote: »
    Would be cool if they switched around where the catalysts were acquired a couple of times over the next two weeks just for variety's sake. Turn off lknm,ssnm and turn on VoK and DFHM for example, have a bonus few days for kumas perhaps to get that bg going again.. something like that.
    That's actually a great idea, I completely agree. I guess they have chosen LK and SS because out of the 4 mid tier dungeons they're the most played, and tbh less boring than VoK and DFHM, which I find to be pretty dull. But, yes, some dungeon swapping next week would be cool.

• Yamazuki wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »

I guess a confirmation isn't as bad if you could use more than one at a time. I'm just particularly against things that distract/delay you, similar with the mongo parcel, would've like a "claim all" for parcels.

I can agree with this
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    @RimbaldiOfTera You are complaining just for the sake of it, just like when, during mongos, people complained because they had to open 200 parcels. For once instead of looking for the smallest issue why don't we all say "GJ EME"? Because that's what you're doing, you're complaining about having to click a few times, while the whole event is great.

well, forums are always a place to complain, though they are originally intended for communication :D
    i absolutely agree with you, event is great, we're getting a decent ammount of catalysts by playing the game (though i got sick from yesterday's like 40 SSNM runs...), rewards are nice, and splitting cosmetics and enchantment stuff is a great idea. GJ EME, keep going this way.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    @RimbaldiOfTera You are complaining just for the sake of it, just like when, during mongos, people complained because they had to open 200 parcels. For once instead of looking for the smallest issue why don't we all say "GJ EME"? Because that's what you're doing, you're complaining about having to click a few times, while the whole event is great.

You are wrong for that.

In every moral way, even logical you are wrong for that. I'm not some child for you to speak down to and insult.

I said the event was nice. Yes it's a great event. I agree. What I don't agree with is the organization of it being received to US.

You are more than welcome to spend your time clicking away if you like every single day if that is your wish. I however do not like DELAY's on things.

And no it's not some fantastical revolutionary idea of taking up each individual inventory slot to do nothing but annoy you with delaying your time further.

It's not good time management period. The prizes you get are awesome as a sauna full of females. What is not awesome is the time spent to open them.

Further more do the one that insist on being rude to me on every post. This is a forum and its purpose is to communicate. I have that right to speak my opinions. Perhaps you should grow up and learn to respect people more. @SaphirKanzaki
  • Maybe if we keep posting about needing a Battleground catalyst buff, it'll actually happen? Or be addressed?

Only one way to find out! 3-5 catalysts for a BG win please?