Multple Lancer Questions

Now I havent' worn my guile gear because I haven't gotten my full set fully enchanted to +12 yet. Nor do I have the rolls complete according to Lushy's guide. I'm still working towards those accessories also on slow progression. Besides that I have noticed that the Defense stats never improve on the gear they actually go down. Why is this? I would assume that when I get the next teir gear that all my stats would actually improve. Maybe it's me because I just don't know any better yet. Like..I am wearing +12 slaughter..full set with accessories to match.

So far I have +9 gloves, boots, and armor guile and +12 weapon. Does it make sense to wear them now with out negative effects. How much of an improvement really is Guile to slaughter. Please excuse my newbness. This is actually my first mmo.

Comments

• The defense stats go down because you lose the set bonus you already have with slaughter. Let's say you equip guile +12 weapon and the rest of your gear is slaughter, the guile weapon should give a higher attack base since it's very signficant upgrade over slaughter weapon but you'll notice losing out on defense because losing the set bonus that you had with slaughter set. But if your guile weapon let's say is +9, it's better to stay at slaugher weapon until the guile is +12. Once you equip full set of guile and they're all at +12, then you should see an increase overall once all bonuses are set in place. Guile has a significant improvement over slaughter. Just like any patch, any mid tier gear will always be significant upgrade over the previous patch's mid tier gear.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    feazeshero wrote: »
    The defense stats go down because you lose the set bonus you already have with slaughter. Let's say you equip guile +12 weapon and the rest of your gear is slaughter, the guile weapon should give a higher attack base since it's very signficant upgrade over slaughter weapon but you'll notice losing out on defense because losing the set bonus that you had with slaughter set. But if your guile weapon let's say is +9, it's better to stay at slaugher weapon until the guile is +12. Once you equip full set of guile and they're all at +12, then you should see an increase overall once all bonuses are set in place. Guile has a significant improvement over slaughter. Just like any patch, any mid tier gear will always be significant upgrade over the previous patch's mid tier gear.

So I shouldn't equip any of the guile until they are all +12 Otherwise I will lose more than gain anything with just one piece. Am I understanding correctly?
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    I usually equip them around +10-+11. If you have even 1 gear at that point just put on it with the belt. Guile belts drop like crazy, even perfect rolled ones from SSN and LKN.

Edit: you can enchant gear with gear until +11, above that the chance drastically drops to close to 0.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Ok so on Lushy's guide for lancer accesorries she only shows really the unique manorborne and the bluebred ring. Obviously for the full set I have to get the manor guest as well.

Will both Manorborne ring and manor guest ring be able to have the same rolls? Or will they be different.

I'm asking because I am currently working towards getting my accessories now.
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    feazeshero wrote: »
    The defense stats go down because you lose the set bonus you already have with slaughter. Let's say you equip guile +12 weapon and the rest of your gear is slaughter, the guile weapon should give a higher attack base since it's very signficant upgrade over slaughter weapon but you'll notice losing out on defense because losing the set bonus that you had with slaughter set. But if your guile weapon let's say is +9, it's better to stay at slaugher weapon until the guile is +12. Once you equip full set of guile and they're all at +12, then you should see an increase overall once all bonuses are set in place. Guile has a significant improvement over slaughter. Just like any patch, any mid tier gear will always be significant upgrade over the previous patch's mid tier gear.

So I shouldn't equip any of the guile until they are all +12 Otherwise I will lose more than gain anything with just one piece. Am I understanding correctly?

As to what Shikine mentioned, you can follow that. If you have 2 pcs of guile (ex: guile weapon +12 and guile belt), you can equip those and get a power boost from the guile set bonus while 3 pc slaughter will keep a 3 set bonus. You can always see these when you hover over to one of the gears you have equipped and it'll show the set bonus. Once your other pcs of guile are nearing completion, you can equip those. If your guile weapon is +12, your next gear I'd recommend is working on the chest since as a tank you want chest armor for more endurance/survivability.

For jewelry, the rolls will always be the same. You want to aim for "power by 4" & "crit by 4" if possible. Some lancers like power by 4/endurance by 4 or crit by 4/endurance by 4. I personally don't like endurance since lancer has enough endurance and loses out on crit but some do this probably because they don't have vm chest and the endurance rolls on rings help them.

And the best combination of jewelry are the unique ones (where you can equip one of each). For example if you're going full crit (which you should), you'd want something like 3 pc manorbourne and 2 pc blubred. The manorbourne will consist of necklace, ring and earring (both ring and earring are the unique ones). For Blubred, you will have one ring and one earring (both also being unique). You want unique because they are the best combination and when equipping unique, you can only equip one of each kind (meaning - for blubred earring, you can only equip one unique version of this type, so in this case to fill the next earring slot, you need a different unique one and trying to put blubred earring that is unique in the other slot won't let you; ex: you need manorbourne unique earring or estate unique earring). Keep in mind this applies to all classes and not just lancer. You'd have to play around with this to understand it. Whichever set jewelry you go for, make sure you always have 3 pieces of the same set so you get the extra attack speed bonus.

For me personally, my setup I go with is: 3 pc manorbourne and 2 estate (+194 crit). I go with this because I get more power and rely on mystic aura/Lancer 10 stacks for the extra crit. Most lancers go with what lushy recommends. That setup is good if you have a priest and mystic together. With solo mystic it's okay but if the team dps is bad, then lancer dps really is not good and then it's better to equip estate for more power.

I'd recommend to watch this below from Thoughtbound on Youtube:

Although not lancer but more in general, he has good explaination a bit about jewelry so that may help there and other gearing tips towards progression.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    OK so now I have my Tier 10 Guile set +12. Now I need to farm for spellbinds and master enigmatics to fix my rolls. I don't have all my accessories yetr as I am working on those at the moment farming for Lakan tokens.

Is it safe to go ahead and wear my guile gear now or wait till the rolls are set right?
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭
    OK so now I have my Tier 10 Guile set +12. Now I need to farm for spellbinds and master enigmatics to fix my rolls. I don't have all my accessories yetr as I am working on those at the moment farming for Lakan tokens.

Is it safe to go ahead and wear my guile gear now or wait till the rolls are set right?

it depends, some people can pull it off but with the state of dps classes being really good atm it may be difficult, as lets say yo uare missing the damage lines on your weapon that is going to severly hinder you ability to hold aggro as you need to be dealing dmg to hold aggro.