[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

TERA Mongo: Catalyst Has Arrived!

Post_Header.jpg

TERA Mongo: Catalyst has arrived, bringing even more ways to hunt down precious rainbow-flavored components to spend at Kyra's Pop-Up Potion Shack!

See the full announcement here:
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/mongos-raid-potion-shack-catalysts-missing

Comments

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any loot table information?
  • D: why not twice a day on opposite hours? rip my timezone..
    edited February 2017
    Last mongos (Neon Mongo) there was a listing of possible drops from each one @Spacecats
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can not participate once, it is 3 AM to 10 AM for me. It is really getting sad that Non-NA players get rekt like this on all the hunting events. When I spent huge time playing on NA and participated for years on forums and game.

I am truly disappointed, I got Perma Disco, but my joy just didn't last. I go :cry:
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Last mongos (Neon Mongo) there was a listing of possible drops from each one @Spacecats

They all drop Catalysts only I think. Some more, some less.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is time for mongo hunt!

I wont complain like others. I just love this event. :)
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    any tips, is it worth to form a raid or just solo hunt? i mean will we get parcel or we get drops?
    edited February 2017
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    any tips, is it worth to form a raid or just solo hunt? i mean will we get parcel or we get drops?

It says to form raids when the legendaries spawn. Might be a good idea to just do a raid altogether for the whole event so you're all set for when legendary spawns, but dunno.
    @Spacecats and @Noesis Are you being forced for the time table? It wasn't like this but it changed for awhile now, prior to 2017 and GF renewing Tera contract or whatever. If that's the case, give us a hint or something, if you guys wanna focus NA, then wouldn't be nice to give other players a chance to participate too? like before. NA Tera with outsider was more active, more alive, AV was one of the server with lots of foreigners, What is AV now?

We could participate before on hunting events, at least a partial of it, we had AM times on NA which was good for Non-Americans and also those Americans which were playing morning.

Simple, long hours gets boring, repetitive. several 2 or 3 hours hunting periods were better. please consider on timing, don't ignore this.
    edited February 2017
    The mongo event is also on during the time of power hours,... so rip BG's, as if the event already killed them since people are spamming SSNM. Make the event 24 hours, all day, so people can hunt when they want and still enjoy battlegrounds.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »

True, but this time they pretty much drop catalysts with one exception - common and uncommon Mongos can also sometimes drop Strong Bravery and Strong Canephora Potions.
  • Seriously, what's with the time of day limits on these events guys? Why can't they just be found 24/7 ffs...

I mean it's gonna be hard enough to find them as it is since there are only a few zones that they can be found in and there's no way to track them or know how many people are hunting them, etc., which isn't helped by the crappy entity view distance that means I have to fly up their nose before the game will decide to render them... =.=
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, what's with the time of day limits on these events guys? Why can't they just be found 24/7 ffs...

I mean it's gonna be hard enough to find them as it is since there are only a few zones that they can be found in and there's no way to track them or know how many people are hunting them, etc., which isn't helped by the crappy entity view distance that means I have to fly up their nose before the game will decide to render them... =.=

The rewards would have to be lowered if it was 24/7 and with lowered rewards there probably wouldn't be much participation. Limited time means the rewards can be higher since you can't no-life the event basically for a ton of stuff.
  • Bad news for me, im from Europe and i can`t participate at this hours.. i moved here 2 years ago, i participate at kyra event with blue boxes, one of the best events on tera, good reward, 24/7 etc, all was happy , now, only NA players can participate, good job.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    Seriously, what's with the time of day limits on these events guys? Why can't they just be found 24/7 ffs...

The rewards would have to be lowered if it was 24/7 and with lowered rewards there probably wouldn't be much participation. Limited time means the rewards can be higher since you can't no-life the event basically for a ton of stuff.

People will do that anyways - there will always be people just sitting there farming the events for their entire duration 7 hours per day.

And by keeping the times limited you're just punishing people who cannot get on during that time window. And since the mobs are rare and the zones not that large with limited channels, it just makes it less and less likely that anyone but the most hard-core leetists will find more than one or two for hours of searching.

This game has no way to tell how many people are in a particular zone and/or channel apart from an extremely basic "low, medium, or high" counter, and with the sh*tty draw distance for entity spawning you can't even be sure if there aren't 15 other people combing over the same area you are looking for the blasted things.

I had a hard enough time trying to find Fat Santas a month ago, and at least THOSE weren't anywhere NEAR as uncommon. :L