[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

TERA Mongo: Catalyst Feedback

191012141517

Comments

  • @Spacecats At least pls , change the time of mongos for everyone , like you said, some ppl are geting a lot of catalysts , and yet some don't , well i can bet that those who don't get them , are from EU , and those that do get them are from NA.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Shikine wrote: »
    I found the problem with people in raid not getting any drop from common mongos.

    Someone from the raid is in a dungeon, usually HH if its a 30 man raid.

    I got 0 thing from commons, no catalyst from uncommon mongos. And I killed 30ish common and at least 5 uncommons.
    Please fix it @Spacecats

    you need to hunt them alone to get something

    @vkoba idk whats your problem, what you are saying is not true, while hunting legendaries i kill commons, uncommons and get loot without a problem if the loot setting is right (pick up, not rolling, it might accidentally go to my raid mate)

    Legendaries keep spawning even after we kill 10, raiding is an encouraged method of hunting them. You say we should drop after killing each so we can keep hunting? It is clearly an intended / not intended bug.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Shikine wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    Shikine wrote: »
    I found the problem with people in raid not getting any drop from common mongos.

    Someone from the raid is in a dungeon, usually HH if its a 30 man raid.

    I got 0 thing from commons, no catalyst from uncommon mongos. And I killed 30ish common and at least 5 uncommons.
    Please fix it @Spacecats

    you need to hunt them alone to get something

    @vkoba idk whats your problem, what you are saying is not true, while hunting legendaries i kill commons, uncommons and get loot without a problem if the loot setting is right (pick up, not rolling, it might accidentally go to my raid mate)

    Legendaries keep spawning even after we kill 10, raiding is an encouraged method of hunting them. You say we should drop after killing each so we can keep hunting? It is clearly an intended / not intended bug.

    listen my friend i was in a raid and mongo stopped to drop when i joined this raid, i didnt see motes or potions or catalysts drop on the ground from mongos i killed, so the problem is not loot setting

    and i was able to get something from mongo bosses without to be in a raid, we thought we killed all the mongo bosses in our server until someone say in global than some mongos bosses was still alive, at this time i was alone and was able to hit and get my rewards
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Shikine wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    Shikine wrote: »
    I found the problem with people in raid not getting any drop from common mongos.

    Someone from the raid is in a dungeon, usually HH if its a 30 man raid.

    I got 0 thing from commons, no catalyst from uncommon mongos. And I killed 30ish common and at least 5 uncommons.
    Please fix it @Spacecats

    you need to hunt them alone to get something

    @vkoba idk whats your problem, what you are saying is not true, while hunting legendaries i kill commons, uncommons and get loot without a problem if the loot setting is right (pick up, not rolling, it might accidentally go to my raid mate)

    Legendaries keep spawning even after we kill 10, raiding is an encouraged method of hunting them. You say we should drop after killing each so we can keep hunting? It is clearly an intended / not intended bug.

    listen my friend i was in a raid and mongo stopped to drop for me when i joined this raid

    and i was able to get something from mongo bosses without to be in a raid, we thought we killed all the mongo bosses in our server until someone say in global than some mongos bosses was still alive, at this time i was alone and was able to hit and get my rewards

    And I'm saying I had no problem getting loot.
    It is more probable that someone entered a raid dungeon or smh while you were in the raid, than the bug occuring without any cause.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Sometimes someone being offline can cause problems, and someone being in an instance will also cause issues with drops. A party itself, or raid, won't. It is like this for all similar events.
  • Dhrizzit wrote: »
    1.24 time elapsed and mongos didnt arrive yet

    D:

    It's at a random time within the window every day, is it not?
  • edited February 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    @Spacecats I don't know if you guys have done it this event(seriously doesn't seem like it) but can you add a de-spawn feature to mongos, like after 5 minutes of not being found they spawn someplace else after their spawn timer is up(if they have one) to at least prevent mongos from being stuck in walls and underground? Cause I would imagine a lot if not most of the issue of "lack of spawns" comes from a good chunk of them are just unavailable to us just because of this bug that has been here and not fixed since the first event, and it's irritating to find an uncommon or rare sitting in a rock and only being able to kill it with a thrall or wraith in order to make it spawn someplace else hopefully.

    Also throwing this out here remove motes in general and replace with a worthless pot, even ones from NPC just anything players can actually use, cause that's the main reason we hate motes that they are literally worthless and anything would be better than something we can't even use.

    The 5 minute lifespan isn't doable, unfortunately. There just isn't that kind of customization available with the tools we're using to create this event. The problem of Mongos being stuck underground is something that still happens, but it's rare enough that it shouldn't matter within the span of a single Mongo-spawning session. The time we really noticed it happening was after multiple days of constant spawns.

    I've been hunting Mongos every day and I've had mixed success. I tend to log in towards the end of the event, and IMO the frequency is what I anticipated it would be. Last night I got fewer catalysts than on Sunday night when I hit a jackpot of uncommon Mongos (I got lucky). Even then, there were moments when I was killing 2 or 3 common Mongos simultaneously.


    Not really sure if yesterday was particularly lucky or unlucky in this case, but after seeing you say it was "rare enough" I went and checked every once in a while during the event particularly in spring valley as it's one of the more popular hunting grounds. As it turns out within 30-60 minutes of the event starting an uncommon + at least 4 other commons were stuck in one channel alone, and if I remember right I think 2 different channels had an uncommon stuck in the same exact place too. Not to mention just before the legendaries started spawning like 2.5 hours(?) in I checked before hunting those and it turned out at least 10-12 commons were stuck on a single channel and didn't bother to really check the rest when that's just so many in one place to be stuck. That's not even mentioning that Spring valley literally has 5 places that I can think of off the top of my head that they can be bugged, so within a good 2-3 hours at least 20-30+ mongos are glitched in one area that has 3 channels. I can't even think of how many get lost overall but I would assume it's probably close to 100-150 with all combined areas, so really it seems like this bug/glitch should be addressed at least in the next mongos event.

    Maybe just adding in a way to kill them at least for the players would be a fix, cause it's not that I'm not getting loot from them that bothers me, it's that when I see an uncommon (maybe rares) get stuck in walls I know that less will spawn for me and everyone in general. Or if possible maybe a way to prevent them from spawning on certain mobs in given areas? Or even if you have time during one of these events pop in and remove them from being stuck by de-spawning them or whatever options you have, it would fix people saying that you "nerfed" the spawn times or at least remove most of it.


    As I know it's gonna be fairly random if I get a high amount of catalysts cause of more players and just other factors, but one factor does happen to be how many get stuck into walls in some areas. I did Spring valley as an example because it's one of the fastest and easiest places to farm at the beginning of the event but like I said 2-3 hours in it quickly turns into really slow and noticeably lower spawn rates even if I am seeing same or close to same number or people around. Which I would assume you think we need to switch channels, which I did at around the 2-hour mark and kept switching for around an hour and the rate never looked good compared to what it was just 2 hours ago.


    Also, a suggestion since everyone hates the clicking on cata to claim them, would it be possible to just change the drops so that they say drop a "token" type thing and we just need to buy a box for 5 tokens and the box gives a random costume from the list for kyra? Basically, the same thing just one right click or holding right click for multiple, instead of like 5(?) clicks to claim them now. Since you said it's tied into like the welcome message or whatever so would that be a good way to get around having to do the elite voucher cheat.


    The tl;dr on the reason Kyra's won't work like that (the last part) is due to the fact they are essentially linked to your account, which is why they have the same confirmation box as Elite Vouchers.. They are like EMP in a way, the ones you redeem on one server are credited to your account as a whole, meaning if you get 2 on server x, 3 on server y, then your account will have been credited 5 total. When you use the store, it directly removes them from your account like it would EMP. Try it, get 5 kyra's on your main server, then go to a random server and see if you can redeem them. You can, and the item will go to your item claim, not to your character inventory. If they made it token based like that, it could work in theory I guess, but the items would not go to your item claim most likely, meaning if you had characters on multiple servers (Like I do, I have characters I enjoy farming with on TR, and also on MT, but I want the items on MT), you would be forced to farm them on the main server you want the items on.

    https://store.enmasse.com/tera/potion-shack (also useful if your welcome screen gets bugged/it's lagging after Legendaries)
    My understanding of it anyways
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, though I would give up that positive if I didn't have to click upwards of 3000+ catalyst every event.
    you can't really eliminate the clicking, but you can narrow the time in between by placing a catalyst on a hotkey, and then immediately after clicking 'confirm', use the hotkey again, and the confirm screen will pop up again behind the second confirmation screen

    with enough practice you could probably claim 2-3 catas per second depending on how good your clicks are
  • So, was there a nerf in the spawn rate? Or is it just that people are hunting for mongos a lot more actively now? Because last night I saw about half the number of spawns as I did before.
  • FlorettaSoupFlorettaSoup ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    So, was there a nerf in the spawn rate? Or is it just that people are hunting for mongos a lot more actively now? Because last night I saw about half the number of spawns as I did before.

    IMO there wasn't a nerf, last night I found a lot more than the usual, I got roughly 70 catalysts in a little more than an hour. I think either you've just been unlucky, or the areas where you farm mongos were more crowded.
  • Why I grind cata from mongo faster than doing dungeons? Is it because FF is dead?
  • @Spacecats can we possibly get some hints about the BAMs spawn times in advance? I want to participate but I can't stay awake all night. We got an info about Meldita and it was great because I was able to set an alarm to participate.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, was there a nerf in the spawn rate? Or is it just that people are hunting for mongos a lot more actively now? Because last night I saw about half the number of spawns as I did before.

    some mongos spawn in the cliff or under the ground
  • vkobe wrote: »
    So, was there a nerf in the spawn rate? Or is it just that people are hunting for mongos a lot more actively now? Because last night I saw about half the number of spawns as I did before.

    some mongos spawn in the cliff or under the ground

    Yeah, but they still show up on the minimap when it happens (I know of a few places where they are slightly underground, close enough that you'd see the exclamation mark when you get close, far enough that you can't hit them).
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats
    Please make sure today's server instability doesn't mess up Mongos and Legendaries!
Sign In or Register to comment.